PDA

View Full Version : Honest question for 49er fans

bigblue2088
10-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Would you guys trade Alex Smith for Eli? I know our answer but my friend (niner fan) who said they wouldn't and it got me wondering

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Yes.

I like Alex. ALOT. I think he can take this team all the way in this offense.

That said, Eli is a better player.

MikeyMike01
10-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Anyone that wouldn't is an idiot.

bigblue2088
10-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Anyone that wouldn't is an idiot.Thats what I was thinking but would Eli fit their offense?

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Thats what I was thinking but would Eli fit their offense?

Would Eli fit? Yes, I think he could.

Cutler? Stafford? No freakin way.

What this offense requires is a guy who won't turn the ball over in bunches and is willing to rely on the running game.

I think Eli can do that. He is more capable of accurately making all of the throws a QB needs to make.

He wouldn't have anything close to the Numbers he would put up in NY, but he could play in it.

Remember...Andrew Luck played in this O.

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Would Eli fit? Yes, I think he could.

Cutler? Stafford? No freakin way.

What this offense requires is a guy who won't turn the ball over in bunches and is willing to rely on the running game.

I think Eli can do that. He is more capable of accurately making all of the throws a QB needs to make.

He wouldn't have anything close to the Numbers he would put up in NY, but he could play in it.

Remember...Andrew Luck played in this O.

Eli can play in any offense so long as he's allowed to make adjustments at the LOS.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Eli can play in any offense so long as he's allowed to make adjustments at the LOS.

He would actually be REQUIRED to do so.

Watch this on Sunday....

The 49ers come to the line on every down with at least 2 plays. You will see Alex take the play clock almost all the way down and then yell either "Let it Roll!!!" or "Kill Kill Kill".

On the regular season Kendall Hunter run for a TD, alex almost killed the play before Joe Staley looked back at him from his stance and told him to keep the play. Good thing for the Niners that they did.

At Stanford, Luck had 3 plays at the line, but that was his third year in the O. Not sure if Niners will do that.

Moke
10-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Eli would win 3 back to back SBs with the 49ers team.

CowboysSuck
10-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Eli would win 3 back to back SBs with the 49ers team.

I wouldnt go that far. Import KG, Cruz and Nicks and that would be realistic.

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 06:49 PM
I wouldnt go that far. Import KG, Cruz and Nicks and that would be realistic.

All that the 49ers need to become a dynasty is a top-flight QB... We've seen Eli make throws with only Cruz and a bunch of backups in that carolina game. He could make it happen with just VD and that receiver bunch the 49ers had last year.

BillTheGreek
10-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Yes.

I like Alex. ALOT. I think he can take this team all the way in this offense.

That said, Eli is a better player.

You know what Marvin, Your Right about Eli being a better player !

Captain Chaos
10-13-2012, 02:33 PM
I like that the 49er fans give Eli some props!

bigblue2088
10-13-2012, 02:38 PM
I like that the 49er fans give Eli some props!they actually do have some smart fans, the others tho.....

pj18
10-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Those saying he would have to make adjustments to their offense - don't you think they wouldn't be running that offense if they had a better quarterback? Their offense doesn't truly rely around a QB, whereas if they had Eli or a higher caliber QB it would. Props to Alex Smith though, he's improved tremendously and hasn't had it easy with different coaches pretty much every year.

ChuckKnoxx
10-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Ask this question around 730 tomorrow please.

Sarcasman
10-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Would you guys trade Alex Smith for Eli? I know our answer but my friend (niner fan) who said they wouldn't and it got me wondering

I wouldn't but I seem to recall a poster here who had a tagline about the Giants trading Eli for Smith and a LB and the ominous challenge of whether Reese had the guts to do it or not. I always thought that was pretty stupid unless we are confusing guts with stupidity.....however it was an interesting thought to kick around.....

I didn't believe the increased productivity to the defense would offset the offensive productivity decrease to that move..

Sarcasman
10-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Ask this question around 730 tomorrow please.

If your opinion changes based on one game I would submit that your opinion is not particularly astute to begin with.

YOUNG2RICW
10-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Niner fan here. Why is this even a question? No one in the league would.

ChuckKnoxx
10-13-2012, 03:45 PM
No. Ask the question at 730 means, this might be the worst question in the history of ****ing sports. Would you rather have a game manager who in big games looks for the grass to be open before his wide outs, or a two time Super Bowl MVP who is on pace to be the leagues most valuable player? If you can't find absurdity in that submission, then holy ****.

ny06
10-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Alex Smith would trade Alex Smith for Eli Manning.

miked1958
10-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Ask this question around 730 tomorrow please.hey! Great Video this week as always!

Sarcasman
10-13-2012, 05:07 PM
No. Ask the question at 730 means, this might be the worst question in the history of ****ing sports. Would you rather have a game manager who in big games looks for the grass to be open before his wide outs, or a two time Super Bowl MVP who is on pace to be the leagues most valuable player? If you can't find absurdity in that submission, then holy ****.

OK. I still don't get the connection to 7:30 but I certainly agree with your explanation.

miked1958
10-13-2012, 07:31 PM
You know you ask that same question to any NFCE team and I honestly think they all would keep who they have, lol. Delusional to say the least

WR4Life
10-13-2012, 07:58 PM
He would actually be REQUIRED to do so.

Watch this on Sunday....

The 49ers come to the line on every down with at least 2 plays. You will see Alex take the play clock almost all the way down and then yell either "Let it Roll!!!" or "Kill Kill Kill".

On the regular season Kendall Hunter run for a TD, alex almost killed the play before Joe Staley looked back at him from his stance and told him to keep the play. Good thing for the Niners that they did.

At Stanford, Luck had 3 plays at the line, but that was his third year in the O. Not sure if Niners will do that.

If I'm not mistaken, the "kill kill kill" call at the line of scrimmage usually means that the quarterback is calling for max protection and someone is usually going to stay in to block instead of running their route.

JohnW62
10-13-2012, 08:02 PM
not only is Eli better than Alex Smith but at this time in his career but he is better than Tom Brady

BuffyBlueII
10-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Heck, Jim Harbaugh was willing to let Alex Smith go for a damaged Peyton Manning. Of course they would gladly trade Alex Smith for Eli Manning.

I think Alex Smith is a damn good QB and will go far but Eli Manning may be The Best in NFL right now.

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-13-2012, 09:39 PM
At this point, there is very little to be gained in an Alex for Eli swap.

I'll give Eli one thing.. the guy NEVER gets rattled.. I've seen Brady rattled, I've seen Payton rattled.. I've NEVER seen Eli rattled, perhaps it's that mongoloid expression tattooed to his face, but he never seems like things ever get too big for him.

That being said, Eli is one of the most clutch playoff QBs in NFL history, but he'll never win a regular season MVP, because he's not as elite or clutch during the regular season as he is in the playoffs, and that's the greatest knock. When the gints won their first super bowl w/ Eli, that season he had thrown the same amount of TDs as INTs.. I don't live in NYC, but the general feeling around the country is if Eli and Coughlin didn't produce that season.. one or both was gone. I think Eli has reached his full potential.. as well as Alex Smith has played so far, I don't think he's hit his ceiling.

Under Harbaugh, Alex Smith played elite at times during the regular season.. and he's played elite when he's had to during the playoffs. I don't think you can transplant a Super Bowl winning QB from one team to another and expect similar results, so many things team wide have to happen to produce a winner. Eli is considered widely to be an elite QB, I think he needs to produce in the regular season as big as he has the playoffs before he's considered elite, but 2 Super Bowl rings are hard to argue with. Alex Smith still can't shake the 'game manager' moniker, so most people will take an elite QB over one with questions to be answered.

As a Niners' fan, I keep our guy and see how far he can take us.. I still think Smith hasn't played his best football, Eli to have hit his ceiling and seems to only play his best when it's do or die, but then again.. Alex Smith played his best football in the do or die as well. Eli is a great QB, but I'm sticking with Alex the Great.

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Heck, Jim Harbaugh was willing to let Alex Smith go for a damaged Peyton Manning. Of course they would gladly trade Alex Smith for Eli Manning.

I think Alex Smith is a damn good QB and will go far but Eli Manning may be The Best in NFL right now.

The best 3-2 QB in the league.. or the best overall? Eli is pretty good.. but if you had to choose between Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Payton, Eli and Roethlisberger.. who's really going with Eli? All of the other QBs have produced in the regular season AND the playoffs.. Eli only his best in the post-season. Put together an entire year's campaign (regular season and playoffs), then talk about being the best. If I had to choose, it's either Brady or Rodgers.

miked1958
10-13-2012, 10:03 PM
The best 3-2 QB in the league.. or the best overall? Eli is pretty good.. but if you had to choose between Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Payton, Eli and Roethlisberger.. who's really going with Eli? All of the other QBs have produced in the regular season AND the playoffs.. Eli only his best in the post-season. Put together an entire year's campaign (regular season and playoffs), then talk about being the best. If I had to choose, it's either Brady or Rodgers.lol. Are you hearing yourself? I'd take Eli all day long if he is good enough to get his Team to the playoffs (who cares about gaudy reg season #s)and excels once he gets there. It's about Titles man, not regular season stats

giantsfan420
10-13-2012, 10:10 PM
At this point, there is very little to be gained in an Alex for Eli swap.

I'll give Eli one thing.. the guy NEVER gets rattled.. I've seen Brady rattled, I've seen Payton rattled.. I've NEVER seen Eli rattled, perhaps it's that mongoloid expression tattooed to his face, but he never seems like things ever get too big for him.

That being said, Eli is one of the most clutch playoff QBs in NFL history, but he'll never win a regular season MVP, because he's not as elite or clutch during the regular season as he is in the playoffs, and that's the greatest knock. When the gints won their first super bowl w/ Eli, that season he had thrown the same amount of TDs as INTs.. I don't live in NYC, but the general feeling around the country is if Eli and Coughlin didn't produce that season.. one or both was gone. I think Eli has reached his full potential.. as well as Alex Smith has played so far, I don't think he's hit his ceiling.

Under Harbaugh, Alex Smith played elite at times during the regular season.. and he's played elite when he's had to during the playoffs. I don't think you can transplant a Super Bowl winning QB from one team to another and expect similar results, so many things team wide have to happen to produce a winner. Eli is considered widely to be an elite QB, I think he needs to produce in the regular season as big as he has the playoffs before he's considered elite, but 2 Super Bowl rings are hard to argue with. Alex Smith still can't shake the 'game manager' moniker, so most people will take an elite QB over one with questions to be answered.

As a Niners' fan, I keep our guy and see how far he can take us.. I still think Smith hasn't played his best football, Eli to have hit his ceiling and seems to only play his best when it's do or die, but then again.. Alex Smith played his best football in the do or die as well. Eli is a great QB, but I'm sticking with Alex the Great.

eli had 6 gw drives, 8 including the postseason last yr. wth are u talking about not clutch in the reg season? further, eli broke like a 60 yr Unitas record for most 4th qtr td passes in the reg season. the fact u could be so clueless to that in ur assessment of eli, leads me to believe ur not gonna be accurate on much esp a description of alex smith.
funny u say smith hasnt reached his ceiling but eli has...lmfao eli has improved eery single season, he's entering his prime, but he'll still improve thats why the nfl should be worried...smiths career year was 3100 yds and 17 tds...lmfao if he cant improve on that thats pathetic.

smiths a good qb. but dont be delusional, eli is literally twice the qb smith is

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-13-2012, 10:20 PM
lol. Are you hearing yourself? I'd take Eli all day long if he is good enough to get his Team to the playoffs (who cares about gaudy reg season #s)and excels once he gets there. It's about Titles man, not regular season stats

Okay, that makes Eli the most clutch QB in the playoffs.. gints BARELY got into the playoffs last season.. the best QB in the league shouldn't have to barely get into the playoffs. Brady has 3 Rings, plus a MVP.. Roethlisberger has 2 rings.. they've gotten it done in the regular season and post-season.

Rudyy
10-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Okay, that makes Eli the most clutch QB in the playoffs.. gints BARELY got into the playoffs last season.. the best QB in the league shouldn't have to barely get into the playoffs. Brady has 3 Rings, plus a MVP.. Roethlisberger has 2 rings.. they've gotten it done in the regular season and post-season.Well when you have the 27th ranked defense, and last in the league in rushing, you aren't going to fair so well.

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-13-2012, 10:31 PM
eli had 6 gw drives, 8 including the postseason last yr. wth are u talking about not clutch in the reg season? further, eli broke like a 60 yr Unitas record for most 4th qtr td passes in the reg season. the fact u could be so clueless to that in ur assessment of eli, leads me to believe ur not gonna be accurate on much esp a description of alex smith.
funny u say smith hasnt reached his ceiling but eli has...lmfao eli has improved eery single season, he's entering his prime, but he'll still improve thats why the nfl should be worried...smiths career year was 3100 yds and 17 tds...lmfao if he cant improve on that thats pathetic.

smiths a good qb. but dont be delusional, eli is literally twice the qb smith is

Alex Smith had SIX game-winning drives last season, tying the franchise record of Joe Montana.. Alex Smith also led the Niners to a 13-3 regular season.. Eli had to beat the Cowpies in the final game of the season to get to 9-7 to make the playoffs. I don't know, seems like the best QB in the league wouldn't allow his team to lose 7 games.. and had to come back 6 times.. so if he lost 7 and came back in 6.. 13 games were in doubt throughout the season.. that's alot for a QB, and Eli was only able to bring them out of it less than 50% of the time.. doesn't sound like the best QB in the league to me.

In Eli's first Super Bowl season, he threw 20TDs to 20INTs w/ a 10-6 record.. last season Eli threw something like 20TDs to 17/18INTs with a 9-7 record.. all that matters is the gints were the best team when it mattered, but I don't know.. the best QBs in the league usually have a 3-1 TD:INT ratio.. Eli isn't coming close to that.

Alex Smith isn't even considered elite, yet he's 18-5 the past two seasons(plus playoffs) and he's currently ranked the #1 passer in the league, Eli isn't even in the top 5.. if Alex Smith is doing all of this and he's not even elite.. if ever does reach 'elite'.. how good is he going to be? Has Eli ever been the #1 ranked passer in the league, in any point in his career? Is Eli EVER been considered a regular season MVP.. ever? No, never. I track Alex Smith week-in/week-out so I can chart him performance to performance, I don't really follow Eli.. I can only give you the perspective of an outsider. Eli certainly has room to grow, that's for sure.

You really wanna give Eli ALL the credit for both Super Bowls.. he made some good throws, but those clutch catches made by his receivers are what stand out.. oh, and let's not forget about that pass-rush. I'd take the gints' pass-rush before I take Eli as a QB. Eli is definitely clutch, but he's got so much more room to grow before he can be considered the BEST QB in the league. If Eli was so damn elite, he'd have games wrapped up by halftime instead of having to dig himself outta a hole each week.

Rudyy
10-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Alex Smith had SIX game-winning drives last season, tying the franchise record of Joe Montana.. Alex Smith also led the Niners to a 13-3 regular season.. Eli had to beat the Cowpies in the final game of the season to get to 9-7 to make the playoffs. I don't know, seems like the best QB in the league wouldn't allow his team to lose 7 games.. and had to come back 6 times.. so if he lost 7 and came back in 6.. 13 games were in doubt throughout the season.. that's alot for a QB, and Eli was only able to bring them out of it less than 50% of the time.. doesn't sound like the best QB in the league to me.

In Eli's first Super Bowl season, he threw 20TDs to 20INTs w/ a 10-6 record.. last season Eli threw something like 20TDs to 17/18INTs with a 9-7 record.. all that matters is the gints were the best team when it mattered, but I don't know.. the best QBs in the league usually have a 3-1 TD:INT ratio.. Eli isn't coming close to that.

Alex Smith isn't even considered elite, yet he's 18-5 the past two seasons(plus playoffs) and he's currently ranked the #1 passer in the league, Eli isn't even in the top 5.. if Alex Smith is doing all of this and he's not even elite.. if ever does reach 'elite'.. how good is he going to be? Has Eli ever been the #1 ranked passer in the league, in any point in his career? Is Eli EVER been considered a regular season MVP.. ever? No, never. I track Alex Smith week-in/week-out so I can chart him performance to performance, I don't really follow Eli.. I can only give you the perspective of an outsider. Eli certainly has room to grow, that's for sure.

You really wanna give Eli ALL the credit for both Super Bowls.. he made some good throws, but those clutch catches made by his receivers are what stand out.. oh, and let's not forget about that pass-rush. I'd take the gints' pass-rush before I take Eli as a QB. Eli is definitely clutch, but he's got so much more room to grow before he can be considered the BEST QB in the league. If Eli was so damn elite, he'd have games wrapped up by halftime instead of having to dig himself outta a hole each week. Eli had 29 td's and 16 ints to clear that up. It's pretty clear you don't watch a lot of Giants games, and that's totally fine. You wanna know why Eli will never be the number 1 passer or have 45 td's? Because he doesn't care. He simply doesn't. Stats alone don't win you championships. Aaron Rodgers threw 45 td's and 6 ints last season and did not win a Super Bowl. Same with Drew Brees. Ben Roethlisberger also have some of the worst games playing in a Super Bowl, he didn't have "elite" numbers. So this whole "oh he's not elite because he doesnt throw 3400 td's" is pretty lame. Again, stats alone do not win you championships. His receivers make him look good? Who was throwing them those passes? So Aaron Rodgers isnt elite because he has Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings? Tom Brady isn't elite because he has Gronk and Welker?

Rudyy
10-13-2012, 10:42 PM

You really wanna give Eli ALL the credit for both Super Bowls.. he made some good throws, but those clutch catches made by his receivers are what stand out.. oh, and let's not forget about that pass-rush. I'd take the gints' pass-rush before I take Eli as a QB. Eli is definitely clutch, but he's got so much more room to grow before he can be considered the BEST QB in the league. If Eli was so damn elite, he'd have games wrapped up by halftime instead of having to dig himself outta a hole each week. And he's not digging HIMSELF out of a hole. He's digging a pathetic defense out of a hole.

GiantWarfare
10-13-2012, 10:53 PM

You really wanna give Eli ALL the credit for both Super Bowls.. he made some good throws, but those clutch catches made by his receivers are what stand out.. oh, and let's not forget about that pass-rush. I'd take the gints' pass-rush before I take Eli as a QB. Eli is definitely clutch, but he's got so much more room to grow before he can be considered the BEST QB in the league. If Eli was so damn elite, he'd have games wrapped up by halftime instead of having to dig himself outta a hole each week.

Alex Smith didnt lead the Niners to a 13-3 record. Get outta here w/ that mess. He is a solid QB and is much improved but dude is in the same boat as Mark Sanchez circa 2009-2010. A decent QB surrounded by the best damn defense in the entire league, and an elite OL and running game. Throw in arguably the best TE in the league and you have the 2011 49ers.

giantsfan420
10-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Okay, that makes Eli the most clutch QB in the playoffs.. gints BARELY got into the playoffs last season.. the best QB in the league shouldn't have to barely get into the playoffs. Brady has 3 Rings, plus a MVP.. Roethlisberger has 2 rings.. they've gotten it done in the regular season and post-season.

when ur team doesnt have an all world OL, D, and run game, theres a lot more heavy lifting for the qb. eli carried the team in ways smith never has or will. alex smith is a great game manager/qb. hes not close to eli

B&RWarrior
10-13-2012, 11:14 PM

You make a good argument but here are some other factors to ponder IMO:

1. By and large the Niners are a defensive football team. You guys don't make a habit of outscoring the opponent. I would say your defense keeps you in games more often than your offense does. In direct contrast to that are the recent NYG's teams led by Eli. We outscore people and the offense habitually makes up for defensive gaffes.

2. Your offense has been powered by one of the best running games in the league. Last year we had the worst running attack in the league. We won the SB on the strength of Eli's arm last year.

3. Niners run a a simplistic offense in comparison with KG's system. I think Smith would be in over his head in NYG system. Alex Smith has to prove he can hit his outside receivers deep down the field. You watch them more than I do, but whenever I see them I see the majority of their pass plays between the hashes on short and intermediate routes ( some of this is just the difference in offensive philosophies).

***Eli is not the best QB in the league anybody that tells you that is delusional. Eli is elite and definitley top 5 and after him there is a drop off in talent. With that being said Smith isn't in Eli's league. There is nobody on our defensive line as valuable as Eli- not even JPP.

giantsfan420
10-13-2012, 11:16 PM

yup. my thought about u being inaccurate in ur assessment is confirmed. league mvp LMFAO HAHAHA...just fyi, several respected analysts have said eli is def an mvp candidate so far, cant say that bout alex.
and eli doesnt have league mvp, neither does smith. eli does have 2 sb mvps tho which is 2 more than smith even tho both have been in the league the same amount of time basically.

loove sf fans, such bandwagoners. i'd bet 1000 dollars this guy was calling for david carr along with the rest of the entire stadium that home game 2 yrs ago. sure theres things eli hasnt yet accomplished, but he's also never had the pourous seasons smith has had and hes had a bunch of em..

do u really think smith is a better qb than eli???

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Eli had 29 td's and 16 ints to clear that up. It's pretty clear you don't watch a lot of Giants games, and that's totally fine. You wanna know why Eli will never be the number 1 passer or have 45 td's? Because he doesn't care. He simply doesn't. Stats alone don't win you championships. Aaron Rodgers threw 45 td's and 6 ints last season and did not win a Super Bowl. Same with Drew Brees. Ben Roethlisberger also have some of the worst games playing in a Super Bowl, he didn't have "elite" numbers. So this whole "oh he's not elite because he doesnt throw 3400 td's" is pretty lame. Again, stats alone do not win you championships. His receivers make him look good? Who was throwing them those passes? So Aaron Rodgers isnt elite because he has Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings? Tom Brady isn't elite because he has Gronk and Welker?

I just looked up the stats for Eli last season, I winged it off memory, but you are right.. that's closer to 2:1 TD/INT ratio.. but that's still not BEST QB in the league. Perhaps Eli is the best QB for the gints, which is different than best in the league.. which I don't think he's even in the conversation, despite the 2 Super Bowls. And you are right, stats don't make the QB.. because alot of time QBs trailing put up huge numbers in a losing effort. Can Eli at LEAST win a MVP before we crown him the best Qb in the league? Seems like a pre-req to at least have one of those. Ben Roethlisberger also has 2 Super Bowls, but nobody considers him the best or even elite. You guys have a great QB, no doubt, but saying he's the best.. I really think you are reaching. If you want to go by best QB, I'm still saying Brady or Rodgers.. it's not all stats, but nobody plays QB better than they do.

Rudyy
10-13-2012, 11:34 PM
I just looked up the stats for Eli last season, I winged it off memory, but you are right.. that's closer to 2:1 TD/INT ratio.. but that's still not BEST QB in the league. Perhaps Eli is the best QB for the gints, which is different than best in the league.. which I don't think he's even in the conversation, despite the 2 Super Bowls. And you are right, stats don't make the QB.. because alot of time QBs trailing put up huge numbers in a losing effort. Can Eli at LEAST win a MVP before we crown him the best Qb in the league? Seems like a pre-req to at least have one of those. Ben Roethlisberger also has 2 Super Bowls, but nobody considers him the best or even elite. You guys have a great QB, no doubt, but saying he's the best.. I really think you are reaching. If you want to go by best QB, I'm still saying Brady or Rodgers.. it's not all stats, but nobody plays QB better than they do. Well which would you rather have, championships, or elite stats? I'm not knocking your opinion btw.

elicruz13
10-14-2012, 12:05 AM
no because Eli isn't mobile and Alex is moblie and quick and effective in Harbaughs run driven offense

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Well which would you rather have, championships, or elite stats? I'm not knocking your opinion btw.

I'll take championships every single day, but again.. that doesn't make Eli Manning the best Qb in the league. Eli isn't winning these things single-handedly. If you wanna go with championships, then that's Brady. And Roethlisberger has 2 Rings. I'm not saying Eli doesn't deserve all the credit he's getting, I just can't see how you can call him the best QB in the league.. maybe most clutch, but not best.

Rudyy
10-14-2012, 12:13 AM
I'll take championships every single day, but again.. that doesn't make Eli Manning the best Qb in the league. Eli isn't winning these things single-handedly. If you wanna go with championships, then that's Brady. And Roethlisberger has 2 Rings. I'm not saying Eli doesn't deserve all the credit he's getting, I just can't see how you can call him the best QB in the league.. maybe most clutch, but not best. So Brady wins championships, but not Eli? Does Brady win them because he has pretty stats to back it up? He's getting called the best in the league because when it matters most, he wins. He delivers. Sure it may not be pretty, but he gets the job done. I don't think there's a rule that stats you must have a certain amount of touchdowns and yards to be considered elite. I'll ask you this, is Tony Romo elite?

Sarcasman
10-14-2012, 12:14 AM
I'll take championships every single day, but again.. that doesn't make Eli Manning the best Qb in the league. Eli isn't winning these things single-handedly. If you wanna go with championships, then that's Brady. And Roethlisberger has 2 Rings. I'm not saying Eli doesn't deserve all the credit he's getting, I just can't see how you can call him the best QB in the league.. maybe most clutch, but not best.

Eli isn't the best QB in the league. He's certainly in the conversation and I think the rankings of the top 5 - 6 move around a bit but in the top tier (elite is such a BS term) it's the usual suspects: Brady, the two Mannings, Rodgers, Brees, Rothlisberger. After that there are a couple of more tiers and Smith is in one of them.

No intelligent, honest SF fan wouldn't trade Smith for Eli in a heartbeat but I don't blame them for defending their guy....

Giedi
10-14-2012, 01:16 AM
Yes.I like Alex. ALOT. I think he can take this team all the way in this offense.That said, Eli is a better player.I agree. Eli is the better player, and the reason is not between Eli and Alex, it's Eli and his WR's vs Alex and his Wrs. NY Giants have great WR coaching and between Alex and Eli, Eli can execute much more complex passing concepts than Alex can at this point in both player's careers.

Giedi

BMW
10-14-2012, 04:10 AM
49ers fans are pretty dumb and delusional, after reading their forums I have no idea why fans of a team who did not win anything in 17 years are so sure of themselves. They said they don't fear the giants at all and for some reason think they won the nfc championship. Bunch of homers.