PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Hakeem Nicks proclaims himself pain free and ready to go

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 09:19 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/nicks-practices-n-y-giants-article-1.1181375

Excerpt: "The replacement receivers have done a wonderful job filling in for Hakeem Nicks (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Hakeem+Nicks) during his three-week absence. At times, their big games have made the drop-off hard to notice.

But there’s just something undeniably special for the Giants about having Nicks on the field with the offense. And the 24-year-old receiver realizes it, too.

“Definitely. We all know that,” Nicks said on Thursday. “We all know what I can bring to the table when I’m out there. Right now it’s just a matter of making sure I’m able to compete at the highest level when I’m out there. It’s just a matter of me taking care of my body. “(Friday) will be the defining day.”

Whether or not Nicks can practice on Friday will likely determine whether he will be able to play on Sunday when the Giants (3-2) travel to San Francisco to face the 49ers (4-1) in a rematch of last season’s NFC Championship Game. Nicks tested out his injured right foot and left knee in practice on Thursday for the first time in two weeks. And while Tom Coughlin said he “moved around OK,” Nicks said he was very limited and was just hoping to get a feel for his conditioning level.
" Read more..

miked1958
10-12-2012, 09:55 AM
doesnt sound to me like a guy that can be effective in a game against SF sunday

stormblue
10-12-2012, 10:09 AM
comes off a bit ****y to me .
instead of stressing what a value he is to the team
he should have just pimped up his team mates that are
doing a fine job in his absence.

i can't believe the computer sensored out "cocqy"

Flip Empty
10-12-2012, 10:11 AM
I don't think he's going to play

Ruttiger711
10-12-2012, 10:23 AM
comes off a bit ****y to me .
instead of stressing what a value he is to the team
he should have just pimped up his team mates that are
doing a fine job in his absence.

i can't believe the computer sensored out "cocqy"

Thinking the Giants are better WITH their true #1 vs without is now co-cky? Sounds pretty realistic to me.

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 10:28 AM
comes off a bit ****y to me . instead of stressing what a value he is to the team he should have just pimped up his team mates that are doing a fine job in his absence i can't believe the computer sensored out "cocqy" The profanity filter searches for combinations of letters. It seems a reasonable filtering in that regard. Circumventing the filter is not advised. Just pick another descriptor.

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 02:22 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/giants_hakeem_nicks_martellus.html

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks said today was going to be the "defining day" for whether he will play Sunday against the 49ers.

As of a few minutes ago, it's so far, so good.

Nicks practiced Thursday and was practicing during the media portion of the session open to the media today. He was making cuts and jumping to make catches in drills without looking hindered – signs that he is likely to return Sunday against the 49ers.

The wide receiver has missed the last three games due to a left knee injury he suffered against the Buccaneers in Week 2 in addition to soreness in his surgically repaired right foot.

Tight end Martellus Bennett was also taking part in individuals and moving without hindrance. Bennett played through much of the Giants' win over the Browns with a hyperextended knee he suffered in the first quarter. Earlier in the week he said he planned on playing Sunday." Read more...

rainierjef
10-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks RF. This news makes me happier than gallagher at a flea market.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 02:24 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/oh-goodie.gif

Awesome!

Moke
10-12-2012, 02:25 PM
This is great news. Buddy333 won't approve.

GMENAGAIN
10-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Great news

GameTime
10-12-2012, 02:38 PM
cool.....

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks RF. This news makes me happier than gallagher at a flea market.

I think having Bennett back is more critical in THIS GAME, than Nicks but having them both back is great news.

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 03:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8494928/hakeem-nicks-new-york-giants-questionable-san-francisco-49ers

Excerpt: "New York Giants (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants) wide receiver Hakeem Nicks (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12586/hakeem-nicks) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the San Francisco 49ers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/sf/san-francisco-49ers).

"He did OK," coach Tom Coughlin said after Nicks participated in the portion of practice open to the media on Friday. "We'll have to see how he is."

Nicks has missed the last three games because of swelling in his knee and pain in his surgically repaired right foot.

It is unknown if he'll travel with the team to San Francisco.In the two games he's played this season, the 24-year-old wide receiver has caught 14 passes for 237 yards and a touchdown."He'd be a huge asset to our team (if he's able to play)," Coughlin said. "But we'll have to wait and see."Domenik Hixon (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9716/domenik-hixon) has been starting in place of Nicks." Read more...

Medisleman
10-12-2012, 03:36 PM
He'll be there. This game is one Coughlin wants bad me thinks.

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 03:38 PM
He'll be there. This game is one Coughlin wants bad me thinks.

I suspect you're right

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton: Victor Cruz on Hakeem Nicks: "He looks good. He caught a few balls today. He was out there looking fluid and it’s good to see him back" #NYG

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 04:59 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/hakeem_nicks_optimistic_good_facing_l2f4apWK7vgnwp ODJPqB8I

Excerpt: "“Yeah. I would like to see what the coaches are going to say, what they’re going to say about it in the morning and what the trainers are going to say; but I think I’ve got a pretty good shot,’’ said Nicks, who has sat out the last three games due to swelling in his knee and pain in his surgically-repaired right foot.

“I practiced. I did the majority of the practice – about four or five reps a period, about what I would normally do on a Friday practice. I did good. I had coach watching me, asking how I looked, was I compensating or anything like that. I wasn't, so I looked good. I feel good about it. We’ll see how I respond in the morning and then they’ll let me know.’’ Read more..

ryan12
10-12-2012, 05:07 PM
if martty b still was on the cowgirls i dont think he would play through this. he loves being a giant big steal we got in fa

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 05:09 PM
if martty b still was on the cowgirls i dont think he would play through this. he loves being a giant big steal we got in fa

I get the vibe that Bennett really feels like he's found a team he truly belongs on...

stormblue
10-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Thinking the Giants are better WITH their true #1 vs without is now co-cky? Sounds pretty realistic to me.

well the rason i can't pat him on the back is because his own hand is in the way.

pimping yourself is unprofessional unless your name is jim rome and you're paid to gloss yourself.

if you like that sort of braggadocious , good for you.

stormblue
10-12-2012, 05:36 PM
The profanity filter searches for combinations of letters. It seems a reasonable filtering in that regard. Circumventing the filter is not advised. Just pick another descriptor.

"arrogant" was my first thought , but i thought it a little overly critical for the circumstance.
i'm not sure he even meant it the way it sounded.
anyways,not that big a deal .

GMan-67
10-12-2012, 06:02 PM
doesnt sound to me like a guy that can be effective in a game against SF sunday

he was banged up vs. Tampa and went for 199 ... i'll settle for 125 even !

GMENAGAIN
10-12-2012, 06:07 PM
I get the vibe that Bennett really feels like he's found a team he truly belongs on...
Until he can make more money with another team next year . . . . .

Diamondring
10-12-2012, 06:07 PM
I don't think he's going to playHe really doesn't have to.

Tmurda1984
10-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Until he can make more money with another team next year . . . . .

Lol I was thinking the same thing. We wont be able to resign him if he breaks out this year.

DragonSoul
10-12-2012, 07:25 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/giants_hakeem_nicks_martellus.html

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks said today was going to be the "defining day" for whether he will play Sunday against the 49ers.

As of a few minutes ago, it's so far, so good.

Nicks practiced Thursday and was practicing during the media portion of the session open to the media today. He was making cuts and jumping to make catches in drills without looking hindered – signs that he is likely to return Sunday against the 49ers.

The wide receiver has missed the last three games due to a left knee injury he suffered against the Buccaneers in Week 2 in addition to soreness in his surgically repaired right foot.

Tight end Martellus Bennett was also taking part in individuals and moving without hindrance. Bennett played through much of the Giants' win over the Browns with a hyperextended knee he suffered in the first quarter. Earlier in the week he said he planned on playing Sunday." Read more...Good news, hope it doesnt change before game time, as we can use as many starters as we can get on the field.

gmen46
10-12-2012, 07:27 PM
As much as I want Nicks to be physically able to play vs Niners, my real concern is for our DL to make the trip to SF. If they don't step up and play to their end-of-2011 level (which they obviously have not done yet this year), it will make no difference whether or not Nicks plays this Sunday. When Smith is pressured, his performance drops off the cliff. His consistently high level of play this season so far is due to him not being pressured much at all yet.

miked1958
10-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Only time will tell

CowboysSuck
10-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Coughlin is always vague about injuries. He wants 1 of 2 things:
A) The other team to prepare for their guy to be playing (Nicks) and he really doesnt..throwing the other team off
or
B) Have the other team expecting a back-up, when our guy (Nicks) really is going to play...also throwing the other team off
and
C.) The coaches have no idea and are just as confused as the fans.

If i had to guess, this would be a case of the B's.

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Only time will tell

If he gets on the plane, he will likely play

Laurah1275
10-12-2012, 07:47 PM
That did it for me. In Nicks mind....he's already there....:)

CowboysSuck
10-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Who even cares is Nicks returns, hes becoming washed up and injury prone anyway. He will probably play and tear his ACL in the 2nd series. pathetic

jomo
10-12-2012, 08:11 PM
If he gets on the plane, he will likely playAllow me to say that he is all in!

GMenFan12401
10-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Who even cares is Nicks returns, hes becoming washed up and injury prone anyway. He will probably play and tear his ACL in the 2nd series. pathetic

Aren't we just Mr. Optimistic today..

giantsfan420
10-12-2012, 08:13 PM

boooooo boooooooooooo

CowboysSuck
10-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Lol

CowboysSuck
10-12-2012, 08:16 PM
On the for seriously side of things, I just want a W. I dont care if we have to sign Tim Carter and Sinorice Moss to score the TD's we need Sunday. As long as we score more point than the 49ers I think we will win.

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Allow me to say that he is all in!

OK, but just this once :p

BigBlue1971
10-12-2012, 08:52 PM

fixed that for ya!

nhpgiantsfan
10-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Coughlin is always vague about injuries. He wants 1 of 2 things:
A) The other team to prepare for their guy to be playing (Nicks) and he really doesnt..throwing the other team off
or
B) Have the other team expecting a back-up, when our guy (Nicks) really is going to play...also throwing the other team off
and
C.) The coaches have no idea and are just as confused as the fans.

If i had to guess, this would be a case of the B's.

Trust me Harbough is prepping for Nicks and will be thrilled if he's wrong..

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 09:32 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/giants_hakeem_nicks_proclaims.html

Excerpt: "The morning after returning to practice is usually when a football player knows if an injury will persist. That was the case for Hakeem Nicks Friday.

For the first time in two weeks, Nicks had participated in practice Thursday. He didn’t feel pain in his surgically repaired right foot or injured left knee.

But Nicks knew it wouldn’t mean much if he woke up yesterday morning and his knee was swollen again, as it was the Friday after he practiced two weeks ago." Read more...

GameTime
10-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Would be great to have him out there along wiht the rest. Many targets.....

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Would be great to have him out there along wiht the rest. Many targets.....

Nicks now says he's pain free and ready to go

DJloves
10-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Best news all week. Glad we're looking so healthy. Wish Phillips, Bernard, and Brown were a go, but I'll take what we can get.

I'm super nervous for Sunday's game, but at the same time I'm expecting us to step it up more, especially on defense. If they can keep it close, I know Eli can win it for us.

ELI_HOF_NYG
10-12-2012, 10:22 PM
i have learned to never bet against nicks,,the dude comes to play when he is on the field,,everything else is mute.

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Great news. Any word on Bennett?

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Great news. Any word on Bennett?

He was reported looking good in individual drills

BillTheGreek
10-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Hakeem Nicks proclaims himself pain free and ready to go!

GREAT ! We need him ! Run your A## OFF !

Harooni
10-13-2012, 06:35 PM
lol at the title then the more i read the more i think he still has pain and is not ready to go.

B&RWarrior
10-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Everything I read in the articles and everything I hear him say regarding his injury leads me to believe he's still hurt. All of this "Friday is the defining day" talk is ridiculous. Nevertheless Nicks is especially important to us in games like the one versus San Fran, but if he comes back too early he won't be fully healthy. I say he plays, but his injury regresses. If we had a better record I'd say bench him. When's he's healthy Nicks is an elite receiver and our best receiver. If he plays I don't expect 2012 playoffs Nicks tomorrow. I say he's 70% and it will show. He won't have that burst off the line and he'll lose something in his route running.

Harooni
10-13-2012, 06:41 PM
so did he practice friday?

RoanokeFan
10-13-2012, 06:43 PM
so did he practice friday?

He did

Harooni
10-13-2012, 06:51 PM
He did thx Roa and all went fine i guess according to him???, do we know what TC said?

giantsfan420
10-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Everything I read in the articles and everything I hear him say regarding his injury leads me to believe he's still hurt. All of this "Friday is the defining day" talk is ridiculous. Nevertheless Nicks is especially important to us in games like the one versus San Fran, but if he comes back too early he won't be fully healthy. I say he plays, but his injury regresses. If we had a better record I'd say bench him. When's he's healthy Nicks is an elite receiver and our best receiver. If he plays I don't expect 2012 playoffs Nicks tomorrow. I say he's 70% and it will show. He won't have that burst off the line and he'll lose something in his route running.

what? i've read from the giants beat writers and from what bradshaw said that it wasnt structural, and they wanted him to rest to get as close to 100% as possible bc they dont want a week in week out issue. literally, they said when nicks comes back he'll be at 100%.
and the "Friday defining day" isnt bs at all. They wanted to see if his knee swelled up after practicing on it the prior day. the fact he practiced again, 2 days in a row and then did the Sat. walk thru tells me that not only is he playing, but that he's close to 100% bc the gameplan prior to him resting was 1 day practice a week on Thursdays...so dunno why u feel that way, read the article on bradshaw saying nicks indicated he was playing...