PDA

View Full Version : Tom may survive this

elitosmith
12-18-2011, 05:46 PM
#-1 SUPER BOWL 42.</P>

#-2 INJURIES. (ALWAYS A SAFETY NET)</P>

#-3 THE BIGGEST REASON: HE WAS WELLINGTON'S HAND-PICKED GUY, AND JOHN WON'T WANT TO PULL THAT TRIGGER UNLESS IT IS ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NECESSARY. </P>

#1 REASON HE MAY NOT SURVIVE? WE LOSE OUT AND/OR THEY REALIZE THEY NEED A COACH WHO CAN GO THE FINAL 7-8 YEARS WITH ELI, AND EVEN IF WE WERE 14-0 TODAY, TOM - AT HIS AGE - CAN'T GO 7-8 MORE YEARS. YOU DON'T WANT TO CHANGE COACHES IN ANOTHER 2-4 YEARS, CAUSE IT COULD KILL THE BACK END OF ELI'S CAREER. NEXT HIRE NEEDS TO BE GOOD ONEAND A LONG TERM SOLUTION... </P>

ny06
12-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Three straight seasons of missing the playoffs should get any NFL coach fired. </P>

edit: My mistake, it feels much longer</P>

Gmen2005
12-18-2011, 05:49 PM
I think they'll sit him down and "ask" him to retire. Try and keep it classy as possible. He has some excuses, but this is New York and if they miss the playoffs it's unacceptable.

Overdrive92
12-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Four straight seasons of missing the playoffs should get any NFL coach fired. </P>

It would be 3 straight seasons. Our 4th won't be until next year.

FBomb
12-18-2011, 05:50 PM
If we don't win AT LEAST one playoff game, TC is done.</P>

G-Men Surg.
12-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Four straight seasons of missing the playoffs should get any NFL coach fired. </P>

It would be 3 straight seasons. Our 4th won't be until next year.
Beat be to it but it sure feels that long.

Captain Chaos
certainly fewell must go!

BParcells777
God I hope not

miked1958
12-18-2011, 05:55 PM
#-1 SUPER BOWL 42.</P>

#-2 INJURIES.* (ALWAYS A SAFETY NET)</P>

#-3 THE BIGGEST REASON:* HE WAS WELLINGTON'S HAND-PICKED GUY, AND JOHN WON'T WANT TO PULL THAT TRIGGER UNLESS IT IS ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NECESSARY.* </P>

#1 REASON HE MAY NOT SURVIVE?* WE LOSE OUT AND/OR THEY REALIZE THEY NEED A COACH WHO CAN GO THE FINAL 7-8 YEARS WITH ELI, AND EVEN IF WE WERE 14-0 TODAY, TOM - AT HIS AGE - CAN'T GO 7-8 MORE YEARS.* YOU DON'T WANT TO CHANGE COACHES IN ANOTHER 2-4 YEARS, CAUSE IT COULD KILL THE BACK END OF ELI'S CAREER.* NEXT HIRE NEEDS TO BE GOOD ONE*AND A LONG TERM SOLUTION...* </P>
It's absolutely positively necessary

giantsforce
12-18-2011, 05:55 PM
If we don't win AT LEAST one playoff game, TC is done.</P>To win a playoff game, you must be in the playoffs. Right now it does not look we will make it.

plaxattack17
12-18-2011, 06:12 PM
I'd ask Reese to retire... guy can't build a winning team to save himself. We have no linebackers Reese's answer to that is to do nothing. Our offensive line is old, running backs struggling some receivers are too inconsistent...his answer to that is to do nothing and hope Eli bails them out. Firing Coughlin doesn't solve the horrible roster issues.

Dline73
12-18-2011, 06:22 PM
The one to fire is Gilbride, not Coughlin. Coughlin just needs to pull that trigger once and for all. Gilbride should have been booted after his run with the Steelers. He ranks down there with Bob Bratkowski and Brian Daboll.

TheEnigma
12-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Tom would join two other individuals who have been headcoaches for the last 3 years but have failed to make the playoffs. That would be Raheem Morris and Spags. We all know that Morris has about a 95% chance to be fired and Spags has that slight chance too. If Coughlin is at this level with them, he realistically should be highly considered to lose his job.

I'm afraid the Mara's might be too loyal though for the good of this team.

SweetZombieJesus
12-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Look at my sig for why he won't.

natefit
12-18-2011, 06:50 PM
And this is NYC and its a new stadium with PSL's to sell. His NFL career lasts for 2 more weeks unless we get in.

ru_gmen55
12-18-2011, 06:51 PM
As much as I hate admitting he is correct, I think Mike Francesa has the right idea with this situation. When choosing your head coach in the NFL, you always have to be thinking two seasons ahead. Even if TC fits with this teams plans for next season, is he really this team's long-term solution at 65 years old? I love TC as much as anybody, but I think this organization is ready for some sort of change. Just my opinion.

Big Blue 418
12-18-2011, 06:51 PM
They shlud ask him to retire . If he don't fire his *** ...

Injries or not we lost to an injury prone Skins and Eagles team at home . Also losing to the Sehawks at home is not acceptable ...

This team always loses trap games that is the damn coaches fault ... I am pissed

mike kennedy
12-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Management will sit down with Tom and tell him to clan up his own waste. He will have to bag Fewell and hire another d coordinator, Maybe Spags if he is available but who ever is hired will have to be good enough to be ready to take over the reigns in a year when TC leaves.</P>

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 08:49 PM
I like TC but if the miss the playoffs again I believe TC is gone. I will always be grateful for his leadership and the great SB victory. He got a bad deal with the lame defensice coordinators the past few years.

justice
12-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Tom will not be fired for missing the playoffs. Making the playoffs is very difficult. But he will be fired for the inconsistencies on the Defense, offense, and special teams. His inability to pull the team together against adversity, for losing games when they indeed should win them

daynemustgo
12-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Today should be the straw that broke the camels back. This cycle of second half meltdowns and embarassing home losses has to end at some point.

MikeV
12-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Clean house Reece on Down!!!!!!!!!!!

FBomb
12-18-2011, 10:22 PM
If we don't win AT LEAST one playoff game, TC is done.</P>

To win a playoff game, you must be in the playoffs. Right now it does not look we will make it.</P>

Exactly......Tom is done here</P>

JJC7301
12-18-2011, 10:24 PM
I like Tom and personally I'd like to see him get 1 more year, but I've got no problem if he's gone. But if he goes, then Fewell and the other coordinators need to be gone as well. There needs to be an overhaul of coaches AND players AND attitude.

NYfanatic
12-18-2011, 10:26 PM
He better not he is the worst coach currently in the NFL
No doubt with this talent and the fact he has shown the ability to beat the pats and boys plus almost beat the packers no excuses to come out flat like this team does.
If anything Coughlin is wasting Eli's career. With eli at his elite level no reason we should waste him for 3 years at home during the playoffs. If this was the yankees tom would of been fired 2 years ago.

SweetZombieJesus
12-18-2011, 10:31 PM
If this was the yankees tom would of been fired 2 years ago.

actually, no. I have been drawing on parallels between Joe Torre 2003-2007 and Tom Coughlin 2008-2011.

Joe laid an egg in the 2003 WS against the Marlins. In 2004 there was the titanic 4 game collapse agains the Red Sox (Yanks had them down 3 games to none and lost 4 straight, worst collapse in team history against the hated arch-rivals). Then 3 straight years of first round bounces.

Sound familiar?

Like the Giants, the Yankees kept hoping "one more year" would bring the magic back.

JMFP2
12-18-2011, 10:36 PM
And this is NYC and its a new stadium with PSL's to sell. His NFL career lasts for 2 more weeks unless we get in.</P>

Owners can deal with close losses on the road.....but blowouts (and this really was a blowout) at home will get coaches fired.</P>