PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Hakeem Nicks on track to play vs. 49ers

ozzie0075
10-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz
Hakeem Nicks IS on flight to San Francisco. Look for him to play vs. Niners. #NYG

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
RT @Giants: The only players not making trip to SF are Rocky Bernard, Andre Brown and Kenny Phillips

Ohm Youngmisuk ‏@NotoriousOHM
Also means David Diehl, who is listed as questionable, is on trip and likely will play.

jomo
10-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz
Hakeem Nicks IS on flight to San Francisco. Look for him to play vs. Niners. #NYGGood news indeed.

RoanokeFan
10-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Good news indeed.

Let's hope Nicks and Bennett can play but that they're on the plane is huge

GameTime
10-13-2012, 11:52 AM
cool

Buddy333
10-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Very good news. I really wish Bernard could play.

drewz
10-13-2012, 12:11 PM
NO THIS IS NOT GOOD NEWS THAT DIEHL WILL PLAY

RoanokeFan
10-13-2012, 12:13 PM
NO THIS IS NOT GOOD NEWS THAT DIEHL WILL PLAY

We don't know that he will play or not and if he does for how many snaps and where.

NASCARBLITZ
10-13-2012, 12:18 PM
i hope he plays whether used as a decoy or not it will help this offense big time

RoanokeFan
10-13-2012, 12:21 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8497835/hakeem-nicks-new-york-giants-track-play-49ers

Excerpt: "New York Giants (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants) wide receiver Hakeem Nicks (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12586/hakeem-nicks) made the team flight to San Francisco and is on track to play in his first game since Sept. 16.

Nicks has missed the last three games with either pain in his surgically repaired foot or swelling in his knee. But his knee made it through two consecutive limited practices and the Saturday walk through without any setbacks.

"I would like to see what the coaches are going to say about it in the morning [on Sunday] and what the trainers are going to say, but I think I've got a pretty good shot," Nicks said Friday in a statement released by the team.

"I practiced," Nicks added. "I did the majority of practice -- about four or five reps a period. About what I would normally do on a Friday practice. I did good. I had the coaches watching me, asking how I looked, was I compensating or anything like that. I wasn't. So I looked good. I feel good about it. We'll see how I respond in the morning and they'll let me know." Read more...

Rudyy
10-13-2012, 12:23 PM
let's gooo0000oo

giantsfan420
10-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Let's hope Nicks and Bennett can play but that they're on the plane is huge

so huge

TextureDj
10-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Am I out of line thinking Bennet is more crucial than Nicks in this game?

ny06
10-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Am I out of line thinking Bennet is more crucial than Nicks in this game?
Nicks changes the whole scheme for defenses, they have to account for him on every play. It opens it up for Cruz and etc... But I see where you're going with Bennett is more crucial then Nicks. Bennett does so much for the Giants that isn't shown on the stat sheet. His run blocking is one of the best at the tight end position, and he holds his own when asked to help out in pass protection.
The 49ers linebackers will have to do their best job to defend him, he's big and he can run.

giantsfan420
10-13-2012, 01:42 PM
yeah bennett vs Willis/Boweman is gonna be the matchup i key in on. hopefully SF does something stupid that gets bennett all riled up and he can go off for a huge day.
if we can make willis/boweman have to respect bennett in the passing game, it could open up a running lane. and i dunno if willis/boweman are the caliber athlete bennett is. dont take that as a slight to them, 2 of the best lb's in the nfl. i just dont know how fluid and smooth they are dropping off in coverage downfield.

and if nicks plays, and he will, it'll be bc he's close to 100%. giants said that they wouldnt bring him back until he would be able to play without any lingering effects and that he'd be close to 100%...dudes rested for a month now. glad he practiced 3 straight days, just reinforces my belief nicks is good to go

Captain Chaos
10-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Love to see the boys back in action!

BigBlue1971
10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
these guys coming back is huge for the G-Men! great news!

the passing attack could be off the charts tomorrow! lol.

GFiP
10-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Bernard not playing is huge. I have a feeling Gore is going to gore us.