PDA

View Full Version : The worst part about tomorrows game?

drewz
10-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Listening to Troy Buck :(

I'm probably gonna have to watch the game on mute

nhpgiantsfan
10-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Troy isn't so bad. He gives Eli a lot of credit. Buck may be doing baseball playoffs on fox at 8pm tomorrow night. It's usually Tim McCarver and Joe Buck doing the baseball playoffs on fox. Could be wrong though.

ReiRiza
10-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Lol I will never understand the hate on Troy Aikman

RagTime Blue
10-13-2012, 06:16 PM

Troy has zero personality. . .the Tom Seaver of football. But like Seaver, he has vast experience and insight.

PRGiant
10-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Some people don't let go that he played for the cowboys...I like him as a commentator thought.

NYGabriel
10-13-2012, 06:21 PM
I like Troy and Buck has improved this year. Truthfully i'm never really bothered about who's in the booth.

53canton
10-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Neither remotely like the Gmen. I believe they like them to lose. Plain and simple.

Ruttiger711
10-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Troy Aikman loves good qb play and constantly talks up Eli. Buck I find irritating like I find Costas irritating, trying to insert themselves as a dramatic element into the game where it doesn't need one. His butt-hurt rant over Randy Moss fake-mooning the packer fans comes to mind.

bigblue2088
10-13-2012, 06:40 PM
waiting for kickoff....

Harooni
10-13-2012, 06:49 PM
i think they should start having random people doing it , maybe one week howard stern and Fooch, and then maybe Richard simmons and lou ferrigno

egyptian420
10-13-2012, 07:23 PM
I like Troy, have no problem with him at all...Buck is sort of a ****** but I still don't really mind either of them

nygfan90
10-13-2012, 08:25 PM
I like Troy and Buck has improved this year. Truthfully i'm never really bothered about who's in the booth.Not even Collinsworth?!

Sarcasman
10-13-2012, 08:26 PM

I don't mind Troy.... I think he's worked hard to come off as objective.

Joe Buck on the other hand has stolen every paycheck he's ever gotten from announcing.

GMenOnDeck
10-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Thom Brennaman to replace Joe Buck due to MLB playoffs

P_Simms_#11
10-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Buck is much more annoying than Aikman. Maybe Aikman doesn't care much for the Giants, but I have heard him criticize the Cowboys many times.

Toadofsteel
10-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Aikman has done a great job at staying objective despite his career with the cowboys. I just wish we could pair him up with Al Michaels somehow... that would actually be a nice pairing. No Joe ****, no Chris ****ingsworth...

eLi MusT gO dEEp
10-14-2012, 01:16 AM
The worst part about [now] today's game is that the Yankees are also on at 4... ;/

ashleymarie
10-14-2012, 02:46 AM

LOL.

DemandedAce
10-14-2012, 03:28 AM
Troy isn't bad at all, I actually kind of like him. Hell, even buck is better than god awful Chris collinsworth....

BurnerNYG
10-14-2012, 03:38 AM
i think they should start having random people doing it , maybe one week howard stern and Fooch, and then maybe Richard simmons and lou ferrignoLOL!!! Lou Ferrigno is gonna Hulk out and put a Hulk Smash on Richard Simmons cranium for looking at him in a seductive manner. How bout Sylvester Stallone and Pee Wee Herman? What a hilarious combo. Ice Cube and George Bush Sr. Hahaha

Rat_bastich
10-14-2012, 03:50 AM
I like Troy and Buck. Entertaining to me at least. I can't stand Tirico, Collinsworth, Dierdorf and a couple of others. Maybe it's a regional thing or something.

Kind of on topic I remember one year the announcers talking about how the Boston Red Sox fans didn't really like Grady Little because of his southern drawl even though he was a contender, they felt he was kind of 'slow'. I guess it's the same as we southerners finding northerners pushy and aggressive.

brad
10-14-2012, 07:04 AM
I like Troy and Buck. Entertaining to me at least. I can't stand Tirico, Collinsworth, Dierdorf and a couple of others. Maybe it's a regional thing or something.

Kind of on topic I remember one year the announcers talking about how the Boston Red Sox fans didn't really like Grady Little because of his southern drawl even though he was a contender, they felt he was kind of 'slow'. I guess it's the same as we southerners finding northerners pushy and aggressive.

LOL, I am a northern transplant, now living in the south. Their biggest complaint is talking too fast. Don't let that slow southern draw fool you though, I know some extremely brilliant southerners.

On topic: Troy doesn't bother me so much anymore, he seems to work hard to remove his bias.

Rat_bastich
10-14-2012, 07:15 AM
LOL, I am a northern transplant, now living in the south. Their biggest complaint is talking too fast. Don't let that slow southern draw fool you though, I know some extremely brilliant southerners.

On topic: Troy doesn't bother me so much anymore, he seems to work hard to remove his bias.

Yep, even being a former Cowboy he has been pretty critical of the Cowboys and even Jones.

When I went up to a Giants game in 2001 I could barely understand anyone. It was like I went to a whole new country. Also, recently I was a supervisor at a jail and had alot of New Yorkers working for me. I had to have them tone it down alot. The visitors used to get pissed off because they were so direct.

The funniest thing though is that down here we have people that now lolly gag across the streets and roads and I wondered out loud what the hell is going on. One of my co-workers, where I work now, pointed out that alot of people from New York City have moved down this way and that it is normal to just diddy bop across a busy street. I guess they don't understand southerners will run folks down.

Captain Chaos
10-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Buck is a BOZOOOOO! Aikman can be annoying at times but think he tries to find good in both sides and highlight what each is doing well during the games. I know giving our opponent any sort of credit on game day is forbotten; however, the networks probably think it may be a good idea!

fourth&forever
10-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Thom Brennaman to replace Joe Buck due to MLB playoffs

Best news I've heard all day!

FBomb
10-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Buck is a tool. You can easliy pick up on his bias' , but I think Troy is pretty fair.

RichardMc
10-14-2012, 12:48 PM
I hope I don't get bounced from the board but Buck and Aikmen are actually my favorite announcing team.

fourth&forever
10-14-2012, 01:15 PM
I hope I don't get bounced from the board but Buck and Aikmen are actually my favorite announcing team.

You're fired!

ozzie0075
10-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Best news I've heard all day!

Buck is still doing the Giants game today then will do the NLCS as both games are in SF.

ozzie0075
10-14-2012, 01:21 PM

Troy is fair and unbiased. Probably pays Eli more praise than any color guy out there. I just find Buck boring.

Astorian
10-14-2012, 02:29 PM
I tend to agree with you, RM. Buck is somewhat biased against the Giants (and Yankees), but he calls a smooth game and usually knows what he is talking about. In his heart Aikman naturally pulls for the Cowboys. He wouldn't be human if he didn't. But he doesn't let his affection for his old team spill over into his TV persona. He's very objective in his analyses, always gives the Giants their due, and never shrinks from skewering the 'Boys when they deserve it.

I don't know why people on this board seem to dislike Collinsworth. He has a somewhat squeaky voice, but he may be the best analyst around. He sees everything that goes on, and understands strategy as well as most coaches.

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Buck is an idiot! I can deal with Troy.

ShakeandBake
10-14-2012, 02:49 PM
I don't mind Troy at all,and Buck seems to have gotten better as of late, but his *** kissing gets to me.

Astorian
10-14-2012, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=FIFTY6G-MAN;530387]Buck is an idiot! I can deal with Troy.[/QUOTE

After thinking things over, I agree that you may have a point about Buck. While I wouldn't call him an idiot, I concede that I may have been a little generous when I said that he usually knows what's going on. In contrast to Aikman, he does inject his persona into the game. He definitey benefits from Aikman's contrasting presence, just as he benefits from McCarver's presence in baseball (that statement is not to be construed as approval of McCarver, merely that his presence alleviates some of the overbearing qualities of Buck, and adds a little spice to the commentary).

Ruttiger711
10-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Someone got some bad info on Buck not doing today's game - his dumb mug is front and center.