PDA

View Full Version : What should our game plan be for the San Fran game?

B&RWarrior
10-13-2012, 06:32 PM
OFFENSE:
1. 3 step drop, screens, and inside handoffs. We need plays made to counter over pursuit and their pass rush.
2. Play Action, and get Bennett one on one if he's playing.

Key: The passing game has to be on and Beatty is going to have to perform well. We may need to keep a rb in to chip on his side.

DEFENSE:
1. Discliplined run defense, especially with respect to our DEs
2. Multiple blitz packages
3. Keep a safety overtop and a man underneath Davis. We should play them like teams play Gates and SD.

Key: How LBs play the run- stopping good plays from becoming great plays- and pass coverage on routes between the hashes; TACKLING

Harooni
10-13-2012, 06:36 PM
keep eli upright, man he took a beating last time. (like a trooper)

Captain Chaos
10-13-2012, 07:08 PM
keep eli upright, man he took a beating last time. (like a trooper) Let's see Diehl and McKenzie aren't out there so I'm thinking thats a plus!

Dorothy
10-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Score more points than the Niners

RoanokeFan
10-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Put pressure on Smith, put Hosley on Manningham because Mario will make mistakes and Hosley is a ball hawk, blitz Stevie Brown off the edge, keep Eli upright and give Wilson 10 -13 snaps

EnragedYouth85
10-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Put pressure on Smith, put Hosley on Manningham because Mario will make mistakes and Hosley is a ball hawk, blitz Stevie Brown off the edge, keep Eli upright and give Wilson 10 -13 snaps

Plus, hold their defensive line! lol

GameTime
10-13-2012, 07:29 PM
the Niners will certainly have a a trick play or two. That is Harbaughs way. I hope the Giants pull out a hurry up here and there and also maybe a flea flicker at a crtical time. The Niners D will be hopped up and over pursuing. Can have some one deep and wide open.

RoanokeFan
10-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Plus, hold their defensive line! lol

That was the keep Eli upright part :)

RoanokeFan
10-13-2012, 07:31 PM
the Niners will certainly have a a trick play or two. That is Harbaughs way. I hope the Giants pull out a hurry up here and there and also maybe a flea flicker at a crtical time. The Niners D will be hopped up and over pursuing. Can have some one deep and wide open.

I'm already wishing they'd start lol

EnragedYouth85
10-13-2012, 07:35 PM
That was the keep Eli upright part :)

Haha, got ya! Well in that case, keep Eli up for sure! Maybe our Dline needs to rub lubricant all over themselves so they can get some pressure lol

brad
10-13-2012, 07:42 PM
The SF offensive line has been dominating games, the Giants will need to find a way to control the line defensively and close the gaps. Having Rivers and Boley back will be a big boost there. Smith has been efficient using short passes which will counter the pass rush (not that we have had one recently), blitzes up the middle of the line might help force some mistakes.

On the offensive side of the ball, the Giants need to get started early, using short passes and the run game. SF isn't much better than the Giants when it comes to sacking the QB this year. This could play into the Giants hands, going with a pass first offense that hopfully pulls back the safeties and opens up the run later in the game. I think this ends up being a high scoring game,

RoanokeFan
10-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Haha, got ya! Well in that case, keep Eli up for sure! Maybe our Dline needs to rub lubricant all over themselves so they can get some pressure lol

We don't need sacks, just collapse the pocket

EnragedYouth85
10-13-2012, 07:45 PM
We don't need sacks, just collapse the pocket

Yup, we just need to get in his face and hit him once in awhile. Sadly we havent even been doing that much this year...

rebelfan1966
10-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Defence, pressure Smith & don't allow Davis and Crabtree time to stretch the field. We have to contain Gore and preventing him from beating us on the edges.
Offense - Pass Protect, WRs have to run clean routes, and we have to be balanced. We need for Bradshaw and Wilson to have big games again.

Last thing - I hope the Gmen changed up their audibles, because you know Manningham and Jacobs know our play book and audibles like the back of their hand.

EnragedYouth85
10-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Defence, pressure Smith & don't allow Davis and Crabtree time to stretch the field. We have to contain Gore and preventing him from beating us on the edges.
Offense - Pass Protect, WRs have to run clean routes, and we have to be balanced. We need for Bradshaw and Wilson to have big games again.

Last thing - I hope the Gmen changed up their audibles, because you know Manningham and Jacobs know our play book and audibles like the back of their hand.

I would assume the coaches are smart enough to think of that..

rebelfan1966
10-13-2012, 08:01 PM
I would assume the coaches are smart enough to think of that..

We have seen it in past years..... where we played against teams that had former Giants on their team..... and they knew our plays. They even bragged after the game. So you would think it would go without saying..... but ..... given previous history, I don't take it for granted.

EnragedYouth85
10-13-2012, 08:04 PM
We have seen it in past years..... where we played against teams that had former Giants on their team..... and they knew our plays. They even bragged after the game. So you would think it would go without saying..... but ..... given previous history, I don't take it for granted.

Do you honestly have any evidence that a player has bragged about knowing what specific play we were running, strictly because they played on our team before? If your refering to the Redskin games last year, we just played like complete ****, I don't think it had anything to do with a DT being on our team the year before..

giantsfan420
10-13-2012, 08:09 PM
mix up pass/run on 1rst downs. dont be afraid to throw on early downs to begin the game. even if we have to punt, it will force the SF D to respect the pass on 1rst and 2nd downs, which should help our run game.
Add a few wrinkles to some of the staples of our offense/defense. give SF a look that they will recognize, and mix up what you do from those fronts. Try and keep SF on their heels with some hard sell PA. It will help the run game too whereas usually u want to force the D up so u can PA over the top, what I want to use the PA for is to get those SF LB's taking an extra split second before they commit to the run, which again should buy us a little room in the run game. When I say "buy us a lil room" im not saying we're gonna gash them, but instead of 2 yd gains, we're getting 4 a pop.

Test Bennett with Willis/Boweman in coerage. If we get those two worried about Bennett, it could help delay their run pursuit a split second.

use heavy formations to pass out of with Bennett helping out the OL.

I could go on n on I guess I'd say to summarize is that in a game with SF, u have to battle for those extra inches. everything is gonna be hard fought for.

on D, I'd make Davis priority 1 and then the run game. try and force SF into long, 10 plus play drives. dont give them easy big play TD's. A.Smith will make mistakes if he has to work methodically down the field and having to make read after read

Rat_bastich
10-13-2012, 08:13 PM
The Giants have to do something they haven't done much of this season and that is get to the quarterback. Smith can be rattled, but they have to get to him and hit him. Just rushing him will cause him to dump off to Davis and/or Gore who are both dangerous on their own. They have to put some hits on him.

The second and most important thing is to protect Eli. I don't think Eli would survive another beating like he took last year.

Thirdly, keep Davis and Gore from getting big chunks of yardage.

All easier said than done.

Like any game we've played this year it all comes down to which Giants' team will show up this Sunday.

embeshAtYa
10-13-2012, 08:43 PM
play with a sense of urgency for 4 quarters

RoanokeFan
10-13-2012, 09:50 PM
F I N I S H!!

B&RWarrior
10-13-2012, 10:06 PM

I like it RF, but remember if the rookie guesses wrong on Manningham then it's 6 pts easy b/c MM is a burner.

Buddy333
10-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Score more points than they do.

BigBlue1971
10-13-2012, 11:31 PM
mix up pass/run on 1rst downs. dont be afraid to throw on early downs to begin the game. even if we have to punt, it will force the SF D to respect the pass on 1rst and 2nd downs, which should help our run game.
Add a few wrinkles to some of the staples of our offense/defense. give SF a look that they will recognize, and mix up what you do from those fronts. Try and keep SF on their heels with some hard sell PA. It will help the run game too whereas usually u want to force the D up so u can PA over the top, what I want to use the PA for is to get those SF LB's taking an extra split second before they commit to the run, which again should buy us a little room in the run game. When I say "buy us a lil room" im not saying we're gonna gash them, but instead of 2 yd gains, we're getting 4 a pop.

Test Bennett with Willis/Boweman in coerage. If we get those two worried about Bennett, it could help delay their run pursuit a split second.

use heavy formations to pass out of with Bennett helping out the OL.

I could go on n on I guess I'd say to summarize is that in a game with SF, u have to battle for those extra inches. everything is gonna be hard fought for.

on D, I'd make Davis priority 1 and then the run game. try and force SF into long, 10 plus play drives. dont give them easy big play TD's. A.Smith will make mistakes if he has to work methodically down the field and having to make read after read

i think this is one of the keys in this game! if Bennett can get a coupla big catches early that will prolly confuse the backers to some degree from a coverage standpoint!

BillTheGreek
10-14-2012, 05:27 AM
Don’t give up at half time.
Concentrate on winning the second half..........................GO Giants !

SiddFinch1
10-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Score more points than the NinersAh yes. The key to every game. Lol

Diamondring
10-14-2012, 09:37 AM
On offense we do some 3 step drops, then on some plays we do the three step drop handoffs to backs. Come with delay runs mix with power run plays. Like one poster said, come with some screens here and there. This will open the offense more. Giants are more than a basic ball control offense. They are a stylish offense to put up a lot of points,. When Giants have the lead, still stay with the same game plan. Put up more and more points. This will let every team in the NFL know that the Giants have too many weapons so the Giants can run more plays and even soon be able to use ball control cause teams won't want to take chances. Throw some deep balls to our big guys one on one. If Eli can, run with the ball sometimes and if have to, throw the ball away. You have a lot of talent that can make up what you lost.

On defense, you have to blitz some. Spread the D-line out then come with the inside blitz sometimes. Come with some lbs. They should hopfeul have the rb to come in on the blitz. If we blitz more, it will make the coverage more effective.

Diamondring
10-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Score more points than they do.Right but how?

RoanokeFan
10-14-2012, 10:06 AM
I like it RF, but remember if the rookie guesses wrong on Manningham then it's 6 pts easy b/c MM is a burner.

I actually didn't mean to have Hosley ON Manningham but in support of whoever is covering Mario. But Hosley has some some flashes when he's been on the field

BParcells777
10-14-2012, 10:20 AM
I think the game plan should be to annihilate them........give them the kind of bashing they have been giving to the lesser NFL teams

JesseJames
10-14-2012, 10:50 AM
I think its important that we don't sit back and give up an early lead and then have to play from behind because that just might not work against a team like the 49ers

RoanokeFan
10-14-2012, 10:57 AM
I think its important that we don't sit back and give up an early lead and then have to play from behind because that just might not work against a team like the 49ers

We absolutely need to get ahead early