PDA

View Full Version : East Coast bias?

bigblue2088
10-13-2012, 09:29 PM
I keep on hearing niner fans mention it. Any clue on what it is? I understand it bias towards the east coast but....why? That's honestly one of the most pathetic things I've heard

EnragedYouth85
10-13-2012, 09:32 PM
I have no idea what they are talking about?? Someone please clarify..

Ruttiger711
10-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Press bias maybe? Since of course the 9ers organization and fans have fallen victim to the holding controversy..... You know the one that Harbaugh put the spotlight on with the press release that he had one of his old Stanford kids write.

bigblue2088
10-13-2012, 09:35 PM
I have no idea what they are talking about?? Someone please clarify..idk what they mean but they keep on complaining that they don't get the recognition they deserve cuz they're on the west coast. idk I keep on hearing it from niner fans

EnragedYouth85
10-13-2012, 09:38 PM
idk what they mean but they keep on complaining that they don't get the recognition they deserve cuz they're on the west coast. idk I keep on hearing it from niner fans

They must be smoking the meat stick, not egtting the recognition they deserve? They are highly ranked in the power rankings, are always picked to win and ESPN wants to suck them off. Pretty sure that's recognition lol... I think they are just made that our city is better than theirs.. lol

dave56dj
10-13-2012, 09:52 PM
I think they mean defending world champ bias. Again, if there is any bias - its cause our boys have a ring on their fingers not due to our coast.

bigblue2088
10-13-2012, 10:06 PM
I think they mean defending world champ bias. Again, if there is any bias - its cause our boys have a ring on their fingers not due to our coast.I was starting to think that but no ones pickin us for tomorrow sooo.... And I remember them saying it last year too. Any 49er fan care to explain?

GiantGremlin
10-13-2012, 10:25 PM
I keep on hearing niner fans mention it. Any clue on what it is? I understand it bias towards the east coast but....why? That's honestly one of the most pathetic things I've heard

Has to do with the media, particularly...ESPN is located in Conn so that might have something to do with it, but it's hard to believe they can complain when the Lakers have gotten the coverage they have, and the Niners aren't exactly ignored either.

Rat_bastich
10-13-2012, 11:11 PM
I think they are trying to claim the underdog role, the world against us or something similar. Unfortunately that notion should be out the window since they are picked to win almost every game and I'm sure alot of people have them playing the Texans in the Super Bowl at this point.

BeatYale
10-13-2012, 11:30 PM
It's simply a big market vs small market thing. Plus it doesn't help that "NorCal" in general is known for the tech industry. Apple, Google, Facebook, big tech investment firms etc. are headquartered there. I have friends in the industry and the majority of them don't really care about sports, especially football.

CowboysSuck
10-13-2012, 11:48 PM
regional bias is BS. Dallas gets its **** sucked in TEXAS. The lakers get their ****s stroked in LOS ANGELES. The yankees are coddled by the media in NEW YORK.

its bs....

Toadofsteel
10-13-2012, 11:51 PM
It's simply a big market vs small market thing. Plus it doesn't help that "NorCal" in general is known for the tech industry. Apple, Google, Facebook, big tech investment firms etc. are headquartered there. I have friends in the industry and the majority of them don't really care about sports, especially football.

New York doesn't really care about the Giants right now either... it's all Yankees this, Yankees that. The sad thing is, I'm a Yankee fan, but not at the expense of my GMEN...

CowboysSuck
10-13-2012, 11:54 PM
being a yankees fan is like being a Cowboys fan add 10 superbowls. annoying and pointless.

bigblue2088
10-14-2012, 12:04 AM
being a yankees fan is like being a Cowboys fan add 10 superbowls. annoying and pointless.this, exactly why im a Met fan, I don't want to lose the hunger of winning

GiantGremlin
10-14-2012, 01:49 AM

San Fran is a small market?

BillTheGreek
10-14-2012, 06:22 AM
"The road to Winning goes through the sewer in San Fransisco"

Go NEW YORK GIANTS

IamGiantsfan
10-14-2012, 08:06 AM
It's west coast bias, "Kayne West' where is artist with east in their names?

penguinfarmer
10-14-2012, 08:15 AM
this, exactly why im a Met fan, I don't want to lose the hunger of winning

That makes absolutely no sense.

Captain Chaos
10-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Amazing, heard of bias towards teams, but coasts?

Rudyy
10-14-2012, 08:36 AM
It's not like the Giants are the center of attention, even in our own city. They need to chill.

btbrennan
10-14-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't think NYG and "bias" belong in the same sentence. Were Niners fans watching NFL coverage all summer??

bigblue2088
10-14-2012, 11:44 AM
That makes absolutely no sense.haha im just tryin to say being a Yankee fan could get boring just IMHO tho

GMan-67
10-14-2012, 11:50 AM
the theory is that more media heads are employed on the East Coast than on the West Coast

but i havent seen one media type pick us

maybe that's what they mean ... none of them ever pick right, so if they are picking the 49ers to win, then that is a curse for them

Flip Empty
10-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Amazing, heard of bias towards teams, but coasts?
Compared to the Jets, Giants, Patriots, Cowboys, Eagles etc, how much coverage do you see teams like the Cardinals, Seahawks, Chargers etc receiving?

bigblue2088
10-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Compared to the Jets, Giants, Patriots, Cowboys, Eagles etc, how much coverage do you see teams like the Cardinals, Seahawks, Chargers etc receiving?yeah but then compared to the Lakers and the Thunder, how much coverage are the Knicks, Celtics, etc receiving?