PDA

View Full Version : Jacobs ran the scout team for the 49ers this week

nhpgiantsfan
10-14-2012, 06:29 AM
First let me say that I have complete confidence in our coaches, but for what its worth.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000079933/article/jacobs-manningham-help-49ers-prep-for-giants?module=HP11_headline_stack

brad
10-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if the Giants threw in a few looks to throw off the defense based on what Jacobs might tell them.l Honestly though, I doubt Jacobs is telling them anything they couldn't figure out by looking at game film though.

penguinfarmer
10-14-2012, 07:00 AM
It's innocuous. There are so many wrinkles in the modern game plan that Jacobs can't really tell much more than concept and clarify what's already seen on tape. All vernacular changes from week to week let alone an entire season as well.

Toadofsteel
10-14-2012, 07:14 AM
I doubt Jacobs is telling them anything they couldn't figure out by looking at game film though.

This. The media is blowing this out of proportion. Then again, Killdrive hasn't changed our offensive audibles in years, so... you never know.

Captain Chaos
10-14-2012, 07:39 AM
It is what it is remember we had Baas (the center for San Fran) and it really didn't do much for us. There may be a couple of things that they will get but overall there are to many little nuances that can change. I would say they may put in a couple of things that look similar but do something entirely different!

Sundown
10-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Looks more like a slap in the face to Jacobs. He's healthy enough to run scout team but not play?

GMan-67
10-14-2012, 10:48 AM
backups always do that

Scott probably ran our scout team

Flip Empty
10-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Looks more like a slap in the face to Jacobs. He's healthy enough to run scout team but not play?
They're loaded at RB. Jacobs is basically an insurance policy

EnragedYouth85
10-14-2012, 10:51 AM
I can't understand why there is so much talk about ex players telling their new team about what they know! Pretty sure they don't know much more than the other teams can already get off film. If you see an audiable enough on film, you will obviously figure out what they are actually doing. Idk, I just think this whole premus is ******ed.

BParcells777
10-14-2012, 11:04 AM
they love to collect our old beat up stars.....remember Jim Burt going there after Burt had nearly killed Montana..........that hit was so viscious if you run it in slow motion its still a blur

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-14-2012, 11:23 AM
they love to collect our old beat up stars.....remember Jim Burt going there after Burt had nearly killed Montana..........that hit was so viscious if you run it in slow motion its still a blurThat was a crushing blow. Montana didnt even know that he was a QB after that hit.