PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning has become a master at making adjustments for Giants

RoanokeFan
10-14-2012, 09:55 AM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/eli_manning_has_become_a_maste.html#incart_river)

Excerpt: "The play was not in the Giants’ game plan for the NFC Championship round, at least not in the form that it was run. Nor had they practiced it the week before the game.

But without Eli Manning’s 17-yard touchdown pass to Mario Manningham at Candlestick Park last January, the Giants may never have made Super Bowl XLVI history.

“I drew it up on the sidelines,” offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride recalled proudly last week.

Then he trusted Manning to do the rest: Make the correct read, fire a perfect throw and convert a third-and-15 into a fourth-quarter lead in an elimination contest against the Niners that the Giants would go on to win in overtime." Read more...

RoanokeFan
10-14-2012, 10:01 AM
This should give some solace to those who accuse the Giants of never making in-game adjustments. OR NOT! :popcorn:

miked1958
10-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Yes he has become quite the leader down the stretch of games overcoming what seems like impossible odds to convert critical 3rd and 4th downs and getting the game tying or clinching TDs when all seems lost!!

RoanokeFan
10-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Yes he has become quite the leader down the stretch of games overcoming what seems like impossible odds to convert critical 3rd and 4th downs and getting the game tying or clinching TDs when all seems lost!!

Yes, and we may need some heroics today, although I think we are going to win without that last few seconds "where's my oxygen" tempo

GMenOnDeck
10-14-2012, 10:23 AM
:) You find some enjoyable articles to read RoanokeFan Thanks

RoanokeFan
10-14-2012, 10:28 AM
:) You find some enjoyable articles to read RoanokeFan Thanks

Informed fans are better fans

EnragedYouth85
10-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Great article RF! Eli is the savior of this francise! No matter what happens today I'll still be sad because our boy Derek Jeter broke his ankle!

Captain Chaos
10-14-2012, 11:50 AM
It will be up to Eli today, they are going to have to make some things happen, I'm hoping plenty of slants and quick passes, some TE screens etc, think we need to really upset the apple cart today. We do have the QB that can do that. If we can get the lead we can really put the pressure on the 49ers to try to beat us with Smith, he doesn't fair well in that role!

RoanokeFan
10-14-2012, 11:59 AM
It will be up to Eli today, they are going to have to make some things happen, I'm hoping plenty of slants and quick passes, some TE screens etc, think we need to really upset the apple cart today. We do have the QB that can do that. If we can get the lead we can really put the pressure on the 49ers to try to beat us with Smith, he doesn't fair well in that role!

Look for a big game form Wilson on STs and offense

Toadofsteel
10-14-2012, 12:14 PM
At a glance that article looks like it basically says Eli is the reason for whatever success we have on offense rather than Killdrive. I will look more into it later when i have time...

BigBlue1971
10-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Eli works hard at his job! he is getting better every year and hes already good! i wouldnt want any one else at this point!

Flip Empty
10-14-2012, 01:12 PM
At a glance that article looks like it basically says Eli is the reason for whatever success we have on offense rather than Killdrive. I will look more into it later when i have time...
It says that Gilbride created the play on the spot

Flip Empty
10-14-2012, 01:39 PM
It says that Gilbride created the play on the spot

RoanokeFan
10-14-2012, 01:51 PM

I thought it was an example of what ALL-IN means. Coordinator draws up a play during the game, shows it to Eli and he gets it executed successfully on the field.