PDA

View Full Version : Time for Marvin Austin to step up....today.

joemorrisforprez
10-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Okay, big boy, this game is the reason why the Giants drafted you in the 2nd round. This is why you were considered a top 15 pick before you were suspended for NCAA violations.

You're healthy, and facing a team that plays to what should be your strength. Time to earn your paycheck, Marvin.

Captain Chaos
10-14-2012, 11:37 AM
It would be nice if Marvin stepped up today, would love to see him play like everyone is expecting him to play. Still think he has a ways to go!

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 12:19 PM
He is not ready to be a good player yet.

C1010
10-14-2012, 12:22 PM

Agreed, at this point he just needs as much reps as he can.

B&RWarrior
10-14-2012, 12:31 PM

+1 It takes a while to get the technique down to be a solid DT. This guy has been out of football for 2 years. Joseph just came into form last year and he didn't miss any years.

Mlerman17
10-14-2012, 12:37 PM
He gets driven back on almost every run play its a dam shame but I won't give up hope until he gets more reps and hopefully improves

moosedrool
10-14-2012, 12:38 PM
According to PFF SF has the best run blocking OL by a WIDE margin. Their pass blocking is very good too. Don't expect much from Austin.

Of course he could hold two OL's so our blitzers can get some sacks. :eek:

fourth&forever
10-14-2012, 12:39 PM
I'd be happy with a few nice plays from #96.

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Austin is doing the same thing he did in college, he pops up on the snap, instead of staying low. Loses leverage and gets pushed easily. Hes only 6'2, so he should be able to get under guys pads. Its a lot of technique stuff, and he does seem to be a bit out of shape right now.

ALLnygIN
10-14-2012, 12:41 PM
As much as I would love to see it, I don't think it'll happen. The kid is obviously rusty, as well as still adjusting to the game. It's going to take him a while for him to grow into his own. Who knows though, hes talented enough to make a few plays, we'll see. Regardless, you're right. Everyone needs to play good solid ball on that D line or that offense will rip us apart. It starts with the D-line today. Alex smith has to many weapons the just sit in the pocket all day and make reads. Also, if they get that run game going it'll be a long day. That defense needs to show up! I think they will.

Tmurda1984
10-14-2012, 01:04 PM
I hope Marvin Austin can do it but he was a bit of a reach to take that high....this risk was even more riskier than going after JPP in the 1st round. JPP had the tremendous upside and did not have character issues. Marvin Austin is an undersized DT, with character issues, and has not played in several years

Buddy333
10-14-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm a fan of his but last week he looked slow and out of shape. Their best hope is that he gets his legs back by the end of the season and helps them through the post season.

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 01:47 PM
I hope Marvin Austin can do it but he was a bit of a reach to take that high....this risk was even more riskier than going after JPP in the 1st round. JPP had the tremendous upside and did not have character issues. Marvin Austin is an undersized DT, with character issues, and has not played in several years

He was not a reach, he has no character issues, and 6'2 310 is not undersized at all. he had not played in one year when they drafted him.

CruzSoldier
10-14-2012, 04:48 PM
it sez alot when a rookie who was undrafted is starting ahead of him.......I am very disappointed