PDA

View Full Version : Troy aikman: 'I think kiwunuka is very out of place at LB'

btbrennan
10-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Can't help but agree with him. Looks better than tuck out there right now at DE

brad
10-14-2012, 07:03 PM
He was at tackle wasn't he? But I agree, the line is looking good right now!

flimflam
10-14-2012, 08:35 PM
I agree. He needs to be back at DE. He will be because either Tuck or Osi will not be on this team next year.

Captain Chaos
10-14-2012, 08:36 PM
I think he does a good job in both positions!

btbrennan
10-14-2012, 08:39 PM
I agree. He needs to be back at DE. He will be because either Tuck or Osi will not be on this team next year.

this

drewz
10-14-2012, 08:40 PM
I think with the depth and talent we have at LB, Kiwi should spend more time on the line.

BigBlueAllDay
10-14-2012, 08:43 PM

Yea, hate to put this out too early, but much like last season with Nicks-Cruz-Manningham, this may be the last season we have JPP-Tuck-Osi playing together. The team should make it count with another Superbowl championship.

Tmurda1984
I kept saying that he needed to play some more Defensive End and try Jacquien Williams at Linebacker. I think thats why we seen more of Tracy today because Tracy was playing the Kiwi role. With Kiwi on the Defensive line we had a much better pass rush. Rotate Jacquien Williams and Adrian Tracy and keep Kwi on that DL and we will be ok. JPP was very good at Defensive Tackle as well, which helped since we are thin at Defensive Tackle.

slipknottin
Kiwi's contract is up this season too. Kiwi is a great run defending LB.

btbrennan
10-14-2012, 08:44 PM
I thought he was extended for four years?

RagTime Blue
10-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Kiwi was on the line several times before Aikman said what he said. The fact Troy didn't notice says several things. I usually value his opinion, but not this one. We have too many undersized DE's.

Kiwi can play both positions, but I think he's best used as a 1st and 2nd Down SLB. I realize not the popular opinion.

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 08:48 PM
I thought he was extended for four years?

You're right, forgot about that. Contract runs through 2015.

Seems he will be playing much more DE with Osi leaving.

NYKiller
10-14-2012, 08:55 PM
I've always knew this from the beginning. He was drafted high as a DE not a LB.

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 08:56 PM
I've always knew this from the beginning. He was drafted high as a DE not a LB.

He is only an average DE. He is an excellent run stuffing LB. One of the best in the league.

NYKiller
10-14-2012, 08:58 PM
He is only an average DE. He is an excellent run stuffing LB. One of the best in the league.

He is very average at both position, but he is a better player at DE.

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 08:59 PM
He is very average at both position, but he is a better player at DE.

but he isnt. he made far more of an impact last season at LB than he has ever made at DE in his career.

Redeyejedi
10-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Why cant he continue to play all over the place. I dont understand why some of U need positions to be so static. When u have athletic defenders its an advantage to be able to move them around. U would rather have Kiwi on the bench then being on the field as 1 of the best run stuffing LB's in the NFL then move on passing downs.

Redeyejedi
10-14-2012, 09:02 PM
You're right, forgot about that. Contract runs through 2015.

Seems he will be playing much more DE with Osi leaving.They will add another guy for sure. Im actually excited to see another DE get added to the mix

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 09:03 PM
They will add another guy for sure. Im actually excited to see another DE get added to the mix

I still want to see more of Tracy, he has looked good at DE when he gets opportunities.

Tmurda1984
10-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Why cant he continue to play all over the place. I dont understand why some of U need positions to be so static. When u have athletic defenders its an advantage to be able to move them around. U would rather have Kiwi on the bench then being on the field as 1 of the best run stuffing LB's in the NFL then move on passing downs.

Yea no1 has a problem with that....but when Tuck and Osi is playing subpar on the pass rush and Jacquien Williams is becoming more experienced at the linebacker position, why keep Kiwi in that role. Let Kiwi generate a rush, Tuck looks stiff and robotic, Im suprised he use to get soo many sacks the way he does.

NYKiller
10-14-2012, 09:06 PM
but he isnt. he made far more of an impact last season at LB than he has ever made at DE in his career.

Well it looks like we will not agree. I don't think Kiwunuka is good enough to be a starting LB in the NFL. Call me when the giants are a good run stopping team and he is leading the charge making a bid for a pro bowl appearance. Until then, he is average at best in my opinion. The giants could use more help at DE than LB right now so I say play him more at DE as well as some of the backs that made the team. I need to see more of them.

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Yea no1 has a problem with that....but when Tuck and Osi is playing subpar on the pass rush and Jacquien Williams is becoming more experienced at the linebacker position, why keep Kiwi in that role. Let Kiwi generate a rush, Tuck looks stiff and robotic, Im suprised he use to get soo many sacks the way he does.

J Will is still pretty undersized for a LB, he is not a guy you want taking on FBs in the hole, or taking on extra linemen. That is what Kiwi is for. I still dont see the issue with why Kiwi cant play LB and DE/DT.

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Call me when the giants are a good run stopping team and he is leading the charge making a bid for a pro bowl appearance.

He led all LBs last season in defensive stops. Just because he is a two down LB doesnt mean is isnt a good LB.

SweetZombieJesus
10-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Why cant he continue to play all over the place. I dont understand why some of U need positions to be so static.

During the week players concentrate on techniques/practice and film study by position group. D-line and LB are two different groups. It's like asking you to work in accounting AND research and development at your job. If you're doing both you're concentrating on neither.

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 09:15 PM
During the week players concentrate on techniques/practice and film study by position group. DE and LB are two different groups. It's like asking you to work in accounting AND research and development at your job. If you're doing both you're concentrating on neither.

total nonsense.

RoanokeFan
10-14-2012, 09:15 PM
He was at tackle wasn't he? But I agree, the line is looking good right now!

He was a DE and plays better than Osi and maybe Tuck as well

RoanokeFan
10-14-2012, 09:17 PM
total nonsense.

Slip, when you get a chance, can we get the snap counts when available?

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Slip, when you get a chance, can we get the snap counts when available?

not out yet. not sure if they will be up tonight or tomorrow.

BurnerNYG
10-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Why does it take Aikman to say this for you guys to agree? I been saying this since last season. Superbowl or no Superbowl... that's where he belonged from the start.

Tmurda1984
10-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Why does it take Aikman to say this for you guys to agree? I been saying this since last season. Superbowl or no Superbowl... that's where he belonged from the start.

Same here....people are still high off what Tuck did in the 2007 season.

Tmurda1984
10-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Too many Giant fans want to see double digit sack numbers...which is great, but I want a Defensive to get QB hurries and knockdowns on the QB as well. Tuck is not even hurrying the QB. Kiwi may not be a double digit sack guy but he gets in the QB's face and can swat passes down.

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Same here....people are still high off what Tuck did in the 2007 season.

or 2008 when he was arguably the best DE in the league. and then we have 2010 when he had 12 sacks and 76 tackles...

BurnerNYG
10-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Same here....people are still high off what Tuck did in the 2007 season.Tuck had a decent 08 season too... as a matter of fact that was Kiwi' s best season imo as a pro as well. He could be a helluva lot richer right now had he signed with another team but he paid us instead with his loyalty and we should pay him back by letting him play his natural position.

RoanokeFan
10-14-2012, 09:58 PM
not out yet. not sure if they will be up tonight or tomorrow.

Whenever is fine, thanks a lot

BParcells777
10-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Can't help but agree with him. Looks better than tuck out there right now at DE

On Kiwi's sack he was playing back at traditional LBer and looped around an open lane ala Clay Mathews......Kiwi is a bit skinny to play DE.....he would get pushed around

why dont you allow the coaches of the world champions to make these decisions.......he is not going to play DE.....we tried that a few yrs back, and it did not work out too well

DandyDon
10-14-2012, 10:37 PM
I think he does a good job in both positions!

Me too. And next year I agree he will be back on the D-Line.

JJC7301
10-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Kiwi's contract is up this season too. Kiwi is a great run defending LB.
He was extended 4 more years, I think.

Giants5699
10-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Kiwi is a solid player and a great team guy. I want him to retire a Giant.

BurnerNYG
10-14-2012, 11:35 PM
On Kiwi's sack he was playing back at traditional LBer and looped around an open lane ala Clay Mathews......Kiwi is a bit skinny to play DE.....he would get pushed around

why dont you allow the coaches of the world champions to make these decisions.......he is not going to play DE.....we tried that a few yrs back, and it did not work out too wellWe started the year 11-1 when he was at DE. He had like 9 sacks until he started to wear down. although I often agree with you, I don't agree with you here at all.

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 11:40 PM
We started the year 11-1 when he was at DE. He had like 9 sacks until he started to wear down. although I often agree with you, I don't agree with you here at all.

They weren't 11-1 because kiwi was at de. And kiwi led all DEs in the league in snaps. He's a decent DE. Not great enough at it that he should never play LB

Manning
10-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Where is Tuck?

GMan-67
10-15-2012, 12:40 AM
i say awesome, the reason he is on the team is pass rush, which is the most IMPORTANT ... nice game Kiwi ... the blind haters even were hating on you !!!!!

BurnerNYG
10-15-2012, 12:48 AM
They weren't 11-1 because kiwi was at de. And kiwi led all DEs in the league in snaps. He's a decent DE. Not great enough at it that he should never play LBOf course they weren't 11-1 because of Kiwi but he did well holding his own until him and Tuck started to wear down. It takes time to become great at this level and Kiwi showed flashes. Who knows what he would've became... obviously they thought he was athletic enough to play linebacker.