PDA

View Full Version : The moment you knew we were going to lose-

TuckYou
12-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Mine.

When Nicks dropped that TD. I knew we were going to lose.
Although I had a hunch pregame we were going to lose after I heard TC say he was scared about this game, I still thought idioticly we would show up. Dumb.

How about you guys?

ny06
12-18-2011, 07:22 PM
The Nicks drop was a killer. </P>

The red flag to me was 2 interceptions by the defense, and nothing to show for it on the offensive side. </P>

midnite_nj
12-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Had hope after brutal first half and opening drive of second half. The Manning to Manningham pick ended all my hopes. Thats when reality set in.

NYGRealityCheck
Suddenly having inxplicitably dropped passes and lackluster play right after a stellar game can only mean a few things in between.

NYGRealityCheck
Suddenly having inxplicitably dropped passes and lackluster play right after a stellar game can only mean a few things in between.

TheEnigma
The gut moment I thought we were going to lose? Before the game when it was said Coughlin was scared of this game.

When I knew we were going to lose? When Eli threw the pick in the endzone in the 4th quarter.

Gmen2005
Right after the first int, when we threw the ball 3 times I started to worry.

giantsforce
12-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Mine.

Although I had a hunch pregame we were going to lose after I heard TC say he was scared about this game, I still thought idioticly we would show up. Dumb.

How about you guys?The day they extended Coughlin's contract after the SB.

giantsforce
Mine.

How about you guys?The day they extended Coughlin's contract after the SB.

jakegibbs
Mine.

How about you guys?

Yep when Nicks looked down at his hands & said ... why did I drop that ball? why did it hit my cross bar on my helment? why didn't I reach for the ball instead of the ball hitting my helment? why? because we're gonna lose this game that's why?

Overdrive92
12-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Probably when Eli threw the INT in the red zone. Up until then, I tried to keep the faith we would come back. But once he threw the red zone INT, it became apparent that was not going to happen.

Mr Excitement
12-18-2011, 07:29 PM

Yup...and all incomplete...

Summit dad
12-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Tuck did us a disservice. He couldn't even stand up already without osi, no pressure

RagTime Blue
12-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Honestly, I knew we'd lose in the first quarter when Washington converted on a 3rd and 17.

The strangest thing is that I knew they'd make it. I would have been much more comfortable with 3rd and 6.

I've been a Fewell supporter all this time, but I officially withdraw my support. .. .NOW.

Not that the offense was any good either, but they've been somewhat more consistent this year.

RagTime Blue
12-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Tuck did us a disservice. He couldn't even stand up already without osi, no pressure

Yea I don't understand how so many people think these gimps should "toughen-up" and "get on the field". If you can't prove it in practice, let someone else play who actually CAN.

fewellmustgo
12-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Honestly, I knew we'd lose in the first quarter when Washington converted on a 3rd and 17.

The strangest thing is that I knew they'd make it. I would have been much more comfortable with 3rd and 6.

Same here. Fewell calls plays scared can't win the game like that.

BParcells777
12-18-2011, 07:45 PM
I knew when we could not turn two INTs into any points at all

TuckYou
12-18-2011, 07:57 PM
What an awesome gift from our giants. Next week the Jets end our season Christmas eve. Yay

bigjeep
12-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Mine. When Nicks dropped that TD. I knew we were going to lose. Although I had a hunch pregame we were going to lose after I heard TC say he was scared about this game, I still thought idioticly we would show up. Dumb. How about you guys?</P>

Bottom line, we got out played from start to finish! The Giants as a team are just highly overated!</P>

dave8274
12-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Mine.

How about you guys?

When we beat Dallas to be honest, I knew that the team would respond with a weak effort this week.

hungrrrry
12-18-2011, 09:36 PM
The 3 and out series after the first Rex INT...the nail was in the coughlin when on 3rd and 17, (1st quarter) Donte Stallworth (of all losers) managed to gain 16 yards allowing them to convert on 4th down

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 09:38 PM
the int at the start of the 3rd

giantsforce
12-18-2011, 09:39 PM
What an awesome gift from our giants. Next week the Jets end our season Christmas eve. YayI really do not understand why anyone following the Giants would have expected anything different that the previous years,

JPP2011
12-18-2011, 09:41 PM
I agree, just dont see why these guys are so inconsistent. You could try and blame one person but they came out and ran around like walking in Central Park. This team will never make the playoffs this year, but I would like to see them bench everyone that does not play like Jason Pierre Paul. He had fire at least. Tuck is a has been, Osi is hurt all the time and Eli is not an elite quarterback.

GiantWarfare
12-18-2011, 09:41 PM

This

nycisgreat
12-18-2011, 09:43 PM
The Nicks drop was a killer. </p>

The red flag to me was 2 interceptions by the defense, and nothing to show for it on the offensive side. </p>

I saw the title of this thread, and I said the same thing to myself. After Hakeem drop that sure TD pass, I knew we were going to lose.

I could also argue the int on the fade route Manningham broke off of. Sometimes Manningham make me scratch my head.

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Mine.

How about you guys?

When it was 28-0 last night in Tampa. That win put too much pressure on the NYGs. They folded like a cheap kite. You could hear their knees knocking in the locker room prior to kick off today.
hmmmm...........

yshock
12-18-2011, 09:45 PM
when moss scored the touchdown that made it 10 to 0. i am done defending this team when people tell me they are not any good. i will always cheer for them but i am done defending them.

mike kennedy
12-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Last Sunday when TC told hs team......"See you guys on wednesday"!

Roosevelt
12-18-2011, 09:58 PM
The pick on the fade is when I knew.

But of course I thought about it much earlier than that.

Giant stuck in Texas
12-18-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm an optimist, so I'm embarrassed to say that it didn't sink in until Diehl screwed us on that touchdown.

M0rbid
12-18-2011, 10:01 PM
when I saw 3 man rush........

BigBlue1971
12-18-2011, 10:02 PM
when they did nothing with the 2nd half kickoff, i felt drained!</P>

they didnt look good period. i thought then it could be a long day!</P>

Roger Staub
12-18-2011, 10:02 PM
I thank you sooo much Redskins I never thought Id be soo happy for a Skins win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger Staub
12-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Go Cowboys sweet loss for us it feels soo good after last week gift we gave u all

FlyingTruck
12-18-2011, 10:15 PM
I never thought we would win.

Jk..but seriously..probably after the drop.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Go Cowboys sweet loss for us it feels soo good after last week gift we gave u all

"hey what are you doing tonight?" I'm gonna go troll on a giants message board."

Roger Staub
12-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Exactly i was very upset last sunday but this one im a very happy camper

Roger Staub
12-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Eli who?

BurnerNYG
12-18-2011, 10:31 PM
When Eli threw the ball deep on 3rd down instead of throwing it short and moving the chains.

BurnerNYG
12-18-2011, 10:33 PM
What an awesome gift from our giants. Next week the Jets end our season Christmas eve. YayI'll be watching my Bulls on Christmas so these heartless Giants can continue on with this downward, up and down, side to side spiral all they want.

jomo
12-18-2011, 10:38 PM
When I saw that Fewell had made no useful adjustments in the second half and we were still getting worked over on play action to short underneath patterns. That has to wear on a player's mind that he is getting torched and his leader has no clue on how to stop it.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 10:38 PM
When I saw that Fewell had made no useful adjustments in the second half and we were still getting worked over on play action to short underneath patterns. That has to wear on a player's mind that he is getting torched and his leader has no clue on how to stop it.

lol..ugh..agreed jomo..honestly does he ever make adjustments?

BurnerNYG
12-18-2011, 10:39 PM
When I saw that Fewell had made no useful adjustments in the second half and we were still getting worked over on play action to short underneath patterns. That has to wear on a player's mind that he is getting torched and his leader has no clue on how to stop it.How does Fewell still have a job?

buddy33
12-18-2011, 10:40 PM
When they win last week and knew that this was an important game.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 10:42 PM
When they win last week and knew that this was an important game.

sigh but agreed

zimonami
12-18-2011, 10:58 PM

I thought he did a decent job last year. But now the DB's don't have a clue in his scheme. 15 yards over the middle is a given against us, and when it's completed there are 3 guys standing 5 yards away around him, all watching and none reacting. Amukamara is lost in this zone... he played man on man mostly in college. The Skins went right at our weaknesses from the start.
And, the moment for me? was our 2nd possession, when we just missed downing the punt on the 1 foot line. That, with the Nicks drop on our first possession made me think it wasn't going to be our day.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 11:00 PM

I thought he did a decent job last year. But now the DB's don't have a clue in his scheme. 15 yards over the middle is a given against us, and when it's completed there are 3 guys standing 5 yards away around him, all watching and none reacting. Amukamara is lost in this zone... he played man on man mostly in college. The Skins went right at our weaknesses from the start.
And, the moment for me? was our 2nd possession, when we just missed downing the punt on the 1 foot line. That, with the Nicks drop on our first possession made me think it wasn't going to be our day.

and thats what i dont get zim..dont get me wrong im not trying to act like a d-coordinator but we have d-backs who can play man..why so much loose zone...its so frustrating imo

zimonami
12-18-2011, 11:27 PM

and thats what i dont get zim..dont get me wrong im not trying to act like a d-coordinator but we have d-backs who can play man..why so much loose zone...its so frustrating imo
Agreed... let them play head up. and if they get beat by a step and the QB throws a perfect pass... so be it. But, they at least won't be standing frozen in place once they pass off their first man and then stand there waiting for a WR to come to them. It's ludicrous,,, they haven't a clue how to play that zone, and that is entirely on the coaching.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 11:29 PM

Agreed... let them play head up. and if they get beat by a step and the QB throws a perfect pass... so be it. But, they at least won't be standing frozen in place once they pass off their first man and then stand there waiting for a WR to come to them. It's ludicrous,,, they haven't a clue how to play that zone, and that is entirely on the coaching.

yup..we are wasting talent...we have very good corners and safeties imo..let them make plays...we could bring more pressure with man too...idk..maybe im just too emotional

JMFP2
12-18-2011, 11:33 PM
when I saw 3 man rush........
</P>

Yes.</P>

3rd and 17....3 man rush.</P>

That's when I thought "Fewell has no guts, and his players know it."</P>

giants63
12-19-2011, 02:29 AM
Same thing exactly.

BlueJayC
12-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Mine. When Nicks dropped that TD. I knew we were going to lose. Although I had a hunch pregame we were going to lose after I heard TC say he was scared about this game, I still thought idioticly we would show up. Dumb. How about you guys?</P>

There were three early plays that just screamed it wasn't the Giants day/game.....all in succession and all in the first quarter:</P>

- Nicks drop. (Potential loss of 7 points)</P>

- Immediately followed byThomas not being able to keep a perfect punt at the 1. (Potential Safety/Field Position Swap)</P>

- Next Possession the Cruz non-PI call. (Potential loss of another 7 points/3 points)</P>

It wasonly 3-0 as all these occurred.....next Redskin possession it was 10-0 and so forth......failure to capitalize has been the Giants downfall for years......add in amissed FG......Thomas going downat the halfresulting in a HS band freezing their a**es off and ultimately not being able to perform and it was fairly obvious nothing would go right all day......</P>