PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure I understand the sense in creating a game day forum and disabling the TAGF forum...

giants_own_skins
11-15-2008, 06:21 PM
What I am saying is why redirect everyone to another forum that will have the same results as this forum on game days. If this one is closed during game time everyone will just have to go the new forum and we'll still be subjected to all the posts we would normally deal with here. If TAGF is closed no one will be on here so its not helping its just a waste to change forums.....

ukgiant83
11-15-2008, 06:22 PM
what?

FBomb
11-15-2008, 06:26 PM
They aren't changing forums. They are talking about restricting making new threads during a game. There will be a gameday THREAD. Too many negative and stupid threads flodd the boards after 1 bad play. That's all.

Dimes
11-15-2008, 06:36 PM
I don't know about you...but it is annoying to see these threads every time you log in during a game:

Cut Plax
Aaron Ross is a bust!!11
KILLDRIVE NEEDS TO GO
COUGHLIN YOU IDIOT WHYD YOU CHALLENGE THAT?!!!
coughlin just lost us a timeout
EAGLES CHEERLEADERS ARE HOT

does that look like a forum you would want to post on?

bansaw
11-15-2008, 06:43 PM
I don't think you have to understand it...there's two options to choose

a) like it

b) leave

Razur
11-15-2008, 06:45 PM
I don't know about you...but it is annoying to see these threads every time you log in during a game:

Cut Plax
Aaron Ross is a bust!!11
KILLDRIVE NEEDS TO GO

</P>

These are mostly knee jerk posts from excited fans watching the game. Not really meant to have responses..just a way to express/vent/etc...Game Day..is all about "The Game".. kind of hard to have any intellectual/thoughtful/unemotional exchanges on GAME DAY..not sure why these are called "stupid, annoying", or anything else but what they are..just fans yellin' throught a web site about what they're seeing on their TV screen/or hearing on the radio..</P>

bansaw
11-15-2008, 06:49 PM
they are called stupid and annoying and got to the point of where we are because theres a Game Thread...called OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD where people go and spew the exact things that people write in the titles of their posts

If people just used that thread alls good. If they doon't care if someone reads their thread then they won't care if their same post gets missed in Gameday thread

Razur
11-15-2008, 06:52 PM
they are called stupid and annoying and got to the point of where we are because theres a Game Thread...called OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD where people go and spew the exact things that people write in the titles of their posts

If people just used that thread alls good. If they doon't care if someone reads their thread then they won't care if their same post gets missed in Gameday thread
</P>

That thread hasn't been activated in a while...if it gets turned up again by the MODs..really don't see any more need for discussion.</P>

87Spider91
11-15-2008, 07:01 PM
not sure why these are called "stupid, annoying", or anything else but what they are..just fans yellin' throught a web site about what they're seeing on their TV screen/or hearing on the radio..</P>

</P>

These are usually loner fans who think they are brilliant and can't stand the fact that no one is listening to them in the official game thread. They don't have any friends to watch the game with 'cause no one can stand their obnoxious behavior.</P>

I suggest they get a cat or a dog they can holler at or kick around.</P>

Razur
11-15-2008, 07:02 PM
not sure why these are called "stupid, annoying", or anything else but what they are..just fans yellin' throught a web site about what they're seeing on their TV screen/or hearing on the radio..</P>

</P>

These are usually loner fans who think they are brilliant and can't stand the fact that no one is listening to them in the official game thread. They don't have any friends to watch the game with 'cause no one can stand their obnoxious behavior.</P>

</P>

Hey look everybody...Dr Phil weighed in!! Thanks!!</P>

moron</P>

daynemustgo
11-15-2008, 07:11 PM

</P>

</P>

Beating up onanimals? You're a winner.</P>

bansaw
11-15-2008, 07:11 PM

</p>

That thread hasn't been activated in a while...if it gets turned up again by the MODs..really don't see any more need for discussion.</p>

OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD not Forum...we have to use the forum now because no one used the GAMEDAY THREAD

go back a few pages you'll see what I'm talking about

Razur
11-15-2008, 07:17 PM

</P>

That thread hasn't been activated in a while...if it gets turned up again by the MODs..really don't see any more need for discussion.</P>

OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD not Forum...we have to use the forum now because no one used the GAMEDAY THREAD

go back a few pages you'll see what I'm talking about
</P>

Ahh...will do. Thanks.</P>

Eli2Plaxico
11-15-2008, 07:23 PM
I personally nevervisit the Game Day thread during the game. When I start a new thread like "WTF happened on that play?", I really want to know WTF happened. Nothing better than getting 50 different explanations from 50 different perspectives. [:D] It's venting too, but it also helps me understand why Gilbride sucks so much.[:D] When you post WTF happened on a game day thread, you'll have to search 50 pages to find out.

RoanokeFan
11-15-2008, 07:26 PM

Cut Plax
Aaron Ross is a bust!!11
KILLDRIVE NEEDS TO GO

Especially when the same sentiments are being expressed in the game thread!

ukgiant83
11-15-2008, 07:32 PM
im sticking to my intital point. what?

giants_own_skins
11-15-2008, 07:34 PM

Cut Plax
Aaron Ross is a bust!!11
KILLDRIVE NEEDS TO GO

Especially when the same sentiments are being expressed in the game thread!
I agree with what most are saying about the stupid knee jerk threads. But from what i read the game day thread is no longer and now they created a forum you have to go to on game days. Whats the difference??? If you're going to create a forum its really not changing anything, we'll still be seeing the same threads so why even do it?

Career Ender 56
11-15-2008, 07:46 PM
It is a centralized location for everybody to watch the games as they would with a group of friends. Some people feel there are other things to talk about during the game other than the game. Others cannot look past what they deem annoying. Understandable? Yeah I guess so (although I still disagree). It is a good compromise.

The Game Day Forum <u>WILL</u> work and is a very good solution to both sides of the fence. The last time it was opened, both forums were left opened and that lead to increased confusion. I am talking about the Giants, do I go to TAGF? Or do I go to Game Day since, well since it is game day? I hope all of the regulars go there on Sunday. If TAGF is opened, Game Day will not work.

I would ask though if the Fantasy football forum and general sports also be opened. People who want to speak about other games can use the GS forum and if there is a question somebody may have regarding FF, they can still use the FF forum for advise. I do not think anybody will use any of them for reasons other then what they are for. But that may be pushing it.

I am glad there is a place to meet and democracy has been used to solve the issue instead of a 3 out of 4 vote to decide the fate of ALL Giants fans.

Moderator_J
11-15-2008, 07:49 PM
It is only an effort to save TAGF from becoming overrun with hundreds of play by play threads. TAGF is the most used forum and has the most active threads, and during the games, those active threads get buried by 10+ pages of utter nonsense, thereby relegating most of them dead and gone. And for what? 10 separate threads that say "Stupid playcall there" or "Smith got tackled" or my personal fave "Fire Coughlin!!!!111!!!!11!1"

You will be able to see the Game Day forum tomorrow, shortly before the game starts. I hope this answers your questions

BigBlue1971
11-15-2008, 07:52 PM
It is only an effort to save TAGF from becoming overrun with hundreds of play by play threads. TAGF is the most used forum and has the most active threads, and during the games, those active threads get buried by 10+ pages of utter nonsense, thereby relegating most of them dead and gone. And for what? 10 separate threads that say "Stupid playcall there" or "Smith got tackled" or my personal fave "Fire Coughlin!!!!111!!!!11!1" You will be able to see the Game Day forum tomorrow, shortly before the game starts. I hope this answers your questions</P>

</P>

will that forum be the only one accessible for posting? </P>

Moderator_J
11-15-2008, 07:53 PM
And one other thing:

If anyone can provide a link to ANY other official NFL forum that allows play by play threads to run rampant in their main forum during games, I'd love to see it

Thanks

Moderator_J
11-15-2008, 07:55 PM
It is only an effort to save TAGF from becoming overrun with hundreds of play by play threads. TAGF is the most used forum and has the most active threads, and during the games, those active threads get buried by 10+ pages of utter nonsense, thereby relegating most of them dead and gone. And for what? 10 separate threads that say "Stupid playcall there" or "Smith got tackled" or my personal fave "Fire Coughlin!!!!111!!!!11!1" You will be able to see the Game Day forum tomorrow, shortly before the game starts. I hope this answers your questions</P>

*</P>

will that forum be the only one accessible for posting?* </P>

Doubtful, but possibly. Depends on if people go into the other forums as a way to try and get around what we're trying to get accomplished. If play by play threads are put into any other forum, those people will not post at all for a while. Fair warning

bansaw
11-15-2008, 08:46 PM
I personally nevervisit the Game Day thread during the game. When I start a new thread like "WTF happened on that play?", I really want to know WTF happened. Nothing better than getting 50 different explanations from 50 different perspectives. [:D] It's venting too, but it also helps me understand why Gilbride sucks so much.[:D] When you post WTF happened on a game day thread, you'll have to search 50 pages to find out.

you don't visit because everytime you did and posted your stupidity you got slammed.

Also, I highly doubt you get 50 responses helping you understand anything but uradumass

its posters exactly like you that put us in this mess, of course you don't see why

Eli2Plaxico
11-15-2008, 09:07 PM

you don't visit because everytime you did and posted your stupidity you got slammed.

Also, I highly doubt you get 50 responses helping you understand anything but uradumass

its posters exactly like you that put us in this mess, of course you don't see why
First of all, you're from Canada. What does a dumb hoser know about real football?[:D] Secondly, everyone has a right to say whatever they feel as long as it's related to the one team we love - the Giants. If you just want to preach to the choir and say everything the Giants do is wonderful and flawless, then you should try out for the cheerleading squad.

bansaw
11-15-2008, 09:18 PM

First of all, you're from Canada. What does a dumb hoser know about real football?[:D] Secondly, everyone has a right to say whatever they feel as long as it's related to the one team we love - the Giants. If you just want to preach to the choir and say everything the Giants do is wonderful and flawless, then you should try out for the cheerleading squad.

see you're a dumbass

I was talking about keeping game thoughts in the one thread and you turn it into I only say everythings wonderful

you haters are all slipping you an izbo are stuck in this you are the only ones who can see flaws mentality. Just because you guys look foolish don't go blaming me.

Blue Sun
11-15-2008, 09:30 PM

I agree. I watch the game with friends but occasionally have a question they cant answer. I am not a nerdy type to sift through 50 pages of a game thread for a particular question asked and answered. Instead I just periodically refresh the list of threads until my question shows up and, you're right, there's often many great contributers with answers. Much more convenient.

We will be able to do that still in the Game Day area. As someone said early this week, having a free marketplace of ideas with allowing new threads is good for everyone. The good stuff rises up naturally.

Blue Sun
11-15-2008, 09:34 PM
see you're a dumbass

I was talking about keeping game thoughts in the one thread and you turn it into I only say everythings wonderful

Excuse me but he's a dumbass because he thinks it's more convenient to have threads covering different topics that are easy to find instead of one huge game file that takes 5 minutes to refresh? Maybe you're a nerd who loves spending time with your friends here on the game thread. Many of us have real life friends we're watching with and use topic threads to quickly find information we want. I assure you, sir, I am no "dumbass".

bansaw
11-15-2008, 09:39 PM
see you're a dumbass

Excuse me but he's a dumbass because he thinks it's more convenient to have threads covering different topics that are easy to find instead of one huge game file that takes 5 minutes to refresh? Maybe you're a nerd who loves spending time with your friends here on the game thread. Many of us have real life friends we're watching with and use topic threads to quickly find information we want. I assure you, sir, I am no "dumbass".

go fight your own fights
this was not to do with you

I have kids that I spwnd my games with is that okay with you...yes well FU anyways
No? FU too

Career Ender 56
11-15-2008, 09:57 PM
The Giants Message Boards, like the patriarch of the team in Mr. Wellington Mara will change things for the better. Other teams may not allow certain things, but the GIANTS MESSAGE BOARD will be here for it fans. The Giants message board will change the world of game posting and allow the fans who so chose, to post about the Giants and the game that is on.

The refs blew a call? Post about it.
Need clarification if the tackle was indeed a horse collar? Ask about it.
Plaxico catches a 4th quarter TD? Cyber-scream about it!

Mr. Mara was FOR THE FANS! The New Giants Message Board will be FOR THE FANS! It is only fitting that FANS are allowed to speak about their team during the most important 3 hours of the week. GAME TIME!

For the fans!
For the fans!
For the fans!

Bansaw - lighten up guru of photoshop! You are getting angry at people for no real reason. Just ignore posts you do not want to read and read those you chose to. Stay in the official game day and you can ignore everything. In all honesty, the majority of posts are not from trolls. A lot of them are by good fans. Sure there are some bad seeds, but should that ruin if for everybody? There was a mugging in Penn Station, should we close it? Somebody was hurt in Disney World, should we change it from the "happiest place on Earth" to "the Danger Zone?"

The resolution will keep TAGF free of new posts about the game. Game Day will be here for fans who like to post during the game. All good in the hood.

bansaw
11-15-2008, 09:59 PM
just read part to me - I do just stay in the Game Thread

MOOK3456
11-15-2008, 11:13 PM

Cut Plax
Aaron Ross is a bust!!11
KILLDRIVE NEEDS TO GO

Yes. It looks like free speech to me.

So now instead of having a bunch of "stupid threads" you are going to have that many more "stupid posts" in the "official thread". Full pages will be gone before they are even read. This is the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

BBI is starting to look good right about now...

Dimes
11-16-2008, 12:41 AM
^ This forum does not guarantee "free speech". Remember, it's a privilege to post, not a right.

And I disagree with the point you attempted to make. If anything, those stupid threads don't generate any discussion, in fact they usually get 5 views and then get shoved to the second page by even stupider new threads. Point is, that one "stupid thread" that is obviously just a vent and attention-seeker, can be forgotten in the game thread...and gladly so.

Hampton27 missed
11-16-2008, 12:42 AM

Cut Plax
Aaron Ross is a bust!!11
KILLDRIVE NEEDS TO GO

So now instead of having a bunch of "stupid threads" you are going to have that many more "stupid posts" in the "official thread". Full pages will be gone before they are even read. This is the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

No, you will also be able to make a specific thread but it will be in the gameday forum. The gameday thread will be in the gameday forum too. TAGF will be re-opened after the game with all of the discussions that we had this week still on the first page. It's really all good.

MOOK3456
11-16-2008, 12:58 AM

Cut Plax
Aaron Ross is a bust!!11
KILLDRIVE NEEDS TO GO

No, you will also be able to make a specific thread but it will be in the gameday forum. The gameday thread will be in the gameday forum too. TAGF will be re-opened after the game with all of the discussions that we had this week still on the first page. It's really all good.

Ahh ok..I must have read it wrong. I was thinking one thread total.[;)]

TommyCuz519
11-16-2008, 01:01 AM
They aren't changing forums. They are talking about restricting making new threads during a game. There will be a gameday THREAD. Too many negative and stupid threads flodd the boards after 1 bad play. That's all.</P>

You are right....that is why mods have to change thread settings default to where newest post is on top. Its just that each crazy poster wants everyone else see their thoughts. Think about it??? the thread list has newest topics on top.........but within each thread...newest post is at the bottom and/or last page which you need to click and scroll all the way through. Changing the setting to newest posts on top will avoid most new threads that are uncalled for.</P>

ru_gmen55
11-16-2008, 01:43 AM

Cut Plax
Aaron Ross is a bust!!11
KILLDRIVE NEEDS TO GO

I actually really hate the use of nicknames in posts. Even when people say "E-gals" or "Cowgirls" every time they make mention of those teams kind of annoys me. I don't really know why.

But nothing makes me angrier than reading a hundred uses of the name "Killdrive". While I'll agree at times his play call is a little suspect, I think he's just fine. The Giants are the top scoring offense in the league. There's a reason for that.

So, in other words, I agree with you. I feel like there should be a policy where mods can move stupid posts to a "Trash" thread. That way, the jerks who actually want to discuss the thread can discuss it amongst themselves without flooding the board with pointless crap.

harrycarson
11-16-2008, 02:58 AM
Why does it annoy you fellas so much. If you do not like the thread just do not open it. People that are addicted to whining and *****ing do just that all day and all night. This game day thread is just another subject for the "professional G-men message board fans who have put so much time into thei message board" to whine because they want direct answers to their questions.</P>

</P>

Let me tell you, I know the answer to every G-men question, if it is about a play during the game the answer is what you feel about it or what you take away from it. Having to askof anothers opinionis a insecure thing, lack of trust in yourself or family, generally a pretty whimpy issue about yourself.</P>

</P>

I love to read people venting on the message board, especially about Kill Drive. SOplease with sugar on top stop talking about this subject. If you cannot stand the thread as it is not up to yourintellectual stabdards then just tune it out ***** boy.</P>