PDA

View Full Version : David Wilson

DemandedAce
10-14-2012, 09:59 PM
His returns today were 40 yards and 66 yards even though the 40 got pulled back. I don't think he has gotten less than 30-35 yards on a return since he went back there, he is crazy good on the return game this is huge for us and Randle looks good for punt return. This is just so different than we're used to, I'm so freaking excited!

Toadofsteel
10-14-2012, 10:01 PM
His returns today were 40 yards and 66 yards even though the 40 got pulled back. I don't think he has gotten less than 30-35 yards on a return since he went back there, he is crazy good on the return game this is huge for us and Randle looks good for punt return. This is just so different than we're used to, I'm so freaking excited!

The browns stuffed him pretty good, but that didnt matter in the end...

SackingMyths
10-14-2012, 10:01 PM
A far cry from Will Blackmon...and to think, we won a SB with that "return game." We're a much more complete team this season

BMW
10-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Wilson is the spark we needed.

JJC7301
And Wilson also had a nice game as a RB today, as well. It is awesome having a weapon like him, especially on kick returns for right now.

Flip Empty
He is such a beast in the return game. So strange seeing a Giant actually take the ball up the field.

RagTime Blue
10-14-2012, 10:03 PM
As long as Randle holds onto the ball, he'll have that job all season.

SackingMyths
10-14-2012, 10:04 PM
He is such a beast in the return game. So strange seeing a Giant actually take the ball up the field.

Tremendous instincts. That little mini hurdle he did on the 60 yarder was pure instinct. Cant teach that. STUD

ozzie0075
10-14-2012, 10:04 PM
His ability to give the Giants a short field give the team a dimension they haven't had in a long time. Big returns can change the momentum of a especially after the other team scores. I also thin Randle had done a pretty nice job in PR, he's not flashy but he is sure handed and typically gets positive yards on returns.

BigBlue1971
10-14-2012, 10:05 PM

and just think these guys are just gonna get better each game!

once Wilson gets into his own nfl game hes gonna be a beast! and Randle wont be far behind!

NorwoodBlue
10-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Great return man for sure. And once again Coughlin baffles me by putting Wilson in the offense for a short period, then putting Bradshaw back in. You're up by 23 points, get Bradshaw out and take some wear and tear off the guy. And by all means give Wilson some playing time.

JJC7301
10-15-2012, 12:17 AM
I can't believe that we actually have a top-level special teams. I have no idea how were are statistic-wise compared to other teams, but we have a great pnter, clutch kicker, good return game, and good coverage.

Antwuan
10-15-2012, 12:34 AM
David Wilson Is A Beast.

miked1958
10-15-2012, 12:36 AM
Wilson is the spark we needed.yep.. Whole new aspect now that we have a return a game. If he doesn't bust one to the house he will give Eli shorter fields to work with. Awesome

OX1
10-15-2012, 03:14 AM
Looking forward to the E-girls having to worry about a RB this fast
instead of just us every game.

ashleymarie
10-15-2012, 03:24 AM
David Wilson Is A Beast.

A Beast and a Half!! He is coming on strong anywhere Coughlin puts him. I wanted to see him run the ball more but he was pulled out. At least he got a small chance to show his stuff. I am amazed by his speed.

GiantRoc
10-15-2012, 05:08 AM
In all the years I have been a Giants fan, I can't ever remember being so excited about a kick returner. Now he just has to get more touches from scrimmage. Come on TC and KG, Let the kid rock.

GMan-67
10-15-2012, 05:11 AM
biggest play of the game ... love Wilson and to think how many know-nothings ripped us for picking a playmaker at 32

imagine what the idiots will say with our pick at 32 !!!! next year :)

BlueSanta
10-15-2012, 05:45 AM
WWJCD = what would Jay Cutler do?

Eli should yell at Wilson for doing such a good job on returns that Eli had too short a field all day long and was unable to keep his 200 yard passing streak alive.

Captain Chaos
10-15-2012, 05:48 AM
And Wilson also had a nice game as a RB today, as well. It is awesome having a weapon like him, especially on kick returns for right now.

Have to agree, he is going to be a huge part of this teams Offense.....

shockeyisjesus
10-15-2012, 06:08 AM
Having a weapon like Wilson is a hugely underrated part of football but people who really know and understand the game appreciate what a big advantage it is having a guy that can give you incredible field position in the kick return game.

Having short fields after every score to respond is just absolutely HUGE.

Wilson was a FANTASTIC pick, another great job by Reese! He might already be one of the top 5 returners in the game and he hasn't even finished half of his rookie season.

This kid is going to be a stud returner all year long. He hits the holes with no fear returning the ball and has cuts and acceleration that are nearly unmatched in the NFL right now. He reminds me of a young Devin Hester only stronger and designed to run the ball as opposed to Hester who was a CB/WR who didn't REALLY fit at either position.

I'm also looking forward to the day when he is our feature back as well (although I am also a huge Bradshaw fan as well). But Wilson will be a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. Would love to see the Giants take a run blocking stud with our first pick in the draft next year to open holes for Wilson to run though so we can watch him take it to the house time and time again. Am I asking for too much? lol

OX1
10-15-2012, 09:20 AM
WWJCD = what would Jay Cutler do?

Eli should yell at Wilson for doing such a good job on returns that Eli had too short a field all day long and was unable to keep his 200 yard passing streak alive.

Smith has to share the blame "giving" us the ball 3 times for short yardage.
I think it was a conspiracy, just like Jacobsgate.