PDA

View Full Version : Bechum

MikeSherrard
10-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Is he coming off the PUP list next week????

Rudyy
10-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Beckum* and I'm not sure. I know Canty might.

RoanokeFan
10-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Is he coming off the PUP list next week????

I don't think there's a spot for him unless they release Jernigan

ozzie0075
10-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Beckum said he is healthy and ready to go. So the Giants will have to release 2 players to make room. I am assuming that Petrus will be one seeing they already released him once and Diehl can fill in at both OG and OT . The other i'm not sure possibly JJ,Ojomo or Scott Pretty much the only guys that don't seem to have a role at this point.

Toadofsteel
10-14-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm wondering if we'd keep Beckum, given the way the Unicorn and Pascoe are playing...

ozzie0075
10-14-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm wondering if we'd keep Beckum, given the way the Unicorn and Pascoe are playing...

We will see in a few days. I think its about 50-50 at this point.

Toadofsteel
10-14-2012, 09:41 PM
We will see in a few days. I think its about 50-50 at this point.

To me it really depends on whether or not we think Robinson will pan out. If not, then Beckum will probably get his spot.

ozzie0075
10-14-2012, 09:45 PM
To me it really depends on whether or not we think Robinson will pan out. If not, then Beckum will probably get his spot.

Yeah that's the problem sounds like Robinson is such a project that if something happened and we need him to play a significant role we would be in trouble. I guess it possible the Giants could keep the 3 TE's and keep Beckum because he is more a hybrid and Cut JJ.

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah that's the problem sounds like Robinson is such a project that if something happened and we need him to play a significant role we would be in trouble. I guess it possible the Giants could keep the 3 TE's and keep Beckum because he is more a hybrid and Cut JJ.

They arent going to cut their 3rd round pick a season ago.

RoanokeFan
10-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Beckum said he is healthy and ready to go. So the Giants will have to release 2 players to make room. I am assuming that Petrus will be one seeing they already released him once and Diehl can fill in at both OG and OT . The other i'm not sure possibly JJ,Ojomo or Scott Pretty much the only guys that don't seem to have a role at this point.

They can release Beckum

RoanokeFan
10-14-2012, 09:49 PM

Here's the thing, Beckum is not a TE. He can't block

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Here's the thing, Beckum is not a TE. He can't block

Thats not the major problem though, Aaron Hernandez cant block either. The problem with Beckum is he is not a mismatch, cant beat linebackers and corners in the passing game with any consistency.

RoanokeFan
10-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Thats not the major problem though, Aaron Hernandez cant block either. The problem with Beckum is he is not a mismatch, cant beat linebackers and corners in the passing game with any consistency.

I was trying to be kind, but you're right

ozzie0075
10-14-2012, 09:53 PM

Agreed if it were up to me I would cut Beckum. However the coaching staff seems to really like him so we will see what happens.

Toadofsteel
10-14-2012, 10:29 PM

I doubt JJ will be cut if the staff gave Barden (who doesn't even contribute on ST) a pass for 3+ seasons before he stepped up...

BigBlue1971
10-14-2012, 10:46 PM

i dont think the Giants would release a d-end with the potential of Ojomo! hes here to stay!

miked1958
10-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Who do they cut to make room for Canty

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 10:57 PM

Petrus? Tyron?

miked1958
10-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Petrus? Tyron?yes you are most likely correct. Don't think they can afford to part with any of the DTs to make room for him

Toadofsteel
10-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Tryon has definitely contributed on ST. I don't think he's gone. Most likely either Petrus or Austin. Maybe even Ojomo will be "IR" like Cruz was...

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Tryon has definitely contributed on ST. I don't think he's gone. Most likely either Petrus or Austin. Maybe even Ojomo will be "IR" like Cruz was...

Not going to cut Austin. They don't give up on early draft picks quickly

JJC7301
10-14-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm not a Beckum fan, but admit that he did help in the playoffs last year. I haven't given up on JJ, but would be willing to release him to keep Beckum. Becks can be the 3rd string TE, as well as another WR.

JJC7301
10-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Not going to cut Austin. They don't give up on early draft picks quickly
There's no way I'd cut either Austin or Kuhn. Cut JJ and Peysinger or Herz. Or someone, but I'm not cutting the two young DT's.

Tuckit91
10-14-2012, 11:42 PM
I say cut him...

jomo
10-14-2012, 11:43 PM
Time to cut Beckum. Let him catch on with the same team that Dodge is playing for.

ny06
10-14-2012, 11:45 PM
There's no way I'd cut either Austin or Kuhn. Cut JJ and Peysinger or Herz. Or someone, but I'm not cutting the two young DT's.

Spencer Paysinger isn't going to get cut. He's great on special teams.

G.I. Ants
10-14-2012, 11:49 PM
I don't know if Beckum will make the roster unless they place Robinson on the PS, and I'm not sure if the rookie is eligible.

Toadofsteel
10-15-2012, 12:03 AM
I don't know if Beckum will make the roster unless they place Robinson on the PS, and I'm not sure if the rookie is eligible.

Has he yet played a snap on the field during regular season? I forget if it's ineligible after dressing for a regular or postseason game or if it's you have to take a snap...

greenca190
10-15-2012, 12:22 AM
I don't see how Beckum makes us any better over our other options.

But, hell, this is a pretty sweet position to be in. "Which guy can we afford to cut?"

Every team in the league wants this problem.

miked1958
10-15-2012, 12:27 AM
Tryon has definitely contributed on ST. I don't think he's gone. Most likely either Petrus or Austin. Maybe even Ojomo will be "IR" like Cruz was...i think Ojomo is healthy now

GFiP
10-15-2012, 03:11 AM
Beckum is a waste of a roster spot IMO.

Joe Morrison
10-15-2012, 05:28 AM
Beckum is a waste of a roster spot IMO.

Agreed, he has pictures of Reese and TC in the showers!

Captain Chaos
10-15-2012, 05:51 AM
There are a couple of options, but they could let Beckum stay on the Pup for another couple of weeks and see what happens (that is a likely scenario). I can't see how they don't bring Canty back immediately, they will need him as our DTs are banged up (though I thought the youth movement did a good job yesterday). Ojomo or Tryon....

Toadofsteel
10-15-2012, 08:23 AM
There are a couple of options, but they could let Beckum stay on the Pup for another couple of weeks and see what happens (that is a likely scenario). I can't see how they don't bring Canty back immediately, they will need him as our DTs are banged up (though I thought the youth movement did a good job yesterday). Ojomo or Tryon....

I still think Petrus is a likely candidate...

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 08:43 AM

Most likely Petrus