PDA

View Full Version : Linval Joseph

DaKraken
10-14-2012, 11:05 PM
From what I saw he (again) was a total beast today. Tremendous pressure up the middle. There was one play in the first half he completely obliterated his blocker (center I think) for his sack.

And his domination comes despite not having Canty and Bernard next to him to require attention, and essentially having two rookies (Austin and Kuhn) at the other spot.

He has matured into what seems like a certain pro-bowler.

ny06
10-14-2012, 11:06 PM
He is a very strong man...

BigBlue1971
10-14-2012, 11:08 PM
From what I saw he (again) was a total beast today. Tremendous pressure up the middle. There was one play in the first half he completely obliterated his blocker (center I think). And his domination comes despite not having Canty and Bernard next to him to require attention, and essentially having two rookies (Austin and Kuhn) at the other spot.

Linval is a beast! a lot of our d-linemen are beasts!

Medisleman
10-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Loving this guy. He grabbed Smith's leg at one point like it was the last Turkey leg at Thanksgiving dinner!

Toadofsteel
10-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Imagine once we get Canty and Rocky back. My Formula One package (specificially to stop the run as opposed to the pass like the nascar) could come closer to reality:

Prince__________Rocky-Canty-Linval-JPP__________Hosley

__________________Kiwi-Boley-Rivers___________________

_____________KP_____________________Rolle_________ __

Just TRY to run on that...

Cool Papa B.
10-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Who will be the odd DT out once Canty and Bernard comes back? Do hey put Austin on the practice squad? Do they keep all 5 and cut or demote someone else on the roster? Tough decisions to be made.

JJC7301
10-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Who will be the odd DT out once Canty and Bernard comes back? Do hey put Austin on the practice squad? Do they keep all 5 and cut or demote someone else on the roster? Tough decisions to be made.
I cut JJ or one of the LBs. Austin's got too much potential to dump just yet, and I'm interested in seeing what Kuhn can do over the course of a year.

titwio
10-14-2012, 11:44 PM
The Linval Joseph bandwagon is accepting all passengers...hop on.

Check out the sig I've been rocking since he was drafted.

G4L
10-14-2012, 11:50 PM
I don't think Austin is eligible for the practice squad. If he were, I think someone would sign him to their active roster just based on his potential.

berya
10-14-2012, 11:53 PM
From what I saw he (again) was a total beast today. Tremendous pressure up the middle. There was one play in the first half he completely obliterated his blocker (center I think) for his sack.

And his domination comes despite not having Canty and Bernard next to him to require attention, and essentially having two rookies (Austin and Kuhn) at the other spot.

He has matured into what seems like a certain pro-bowler.

IMO your post is right on the money. I think it's safe to say it has become quite obvious at this point in time that we've got one heck of a tackle on our hands.

titwio
10-14-2012, 11:55 PM
I don't think Austin is eligible for the practice squad. If he were, I think someone would sign him to their active roster just based on his potential.

In a heartbeat.

drewz
10-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Our best linemen this year

1a) Jason Pierre Paul
1b) Linval Joesph

dude has been an absolutely monster in the middle

drewz
10-15-2012, 12:04 AM

I doubt any cuts will be made on the defensive line for Canty. It will probably come from somewhere else.

Mohann
10-15-2012, 12:04 AM
He's a beast. Our D, when healthy, will be top 5, and O the same.

JJC7301
10-15-2012, 12:12 AM
He's awesome. Can't wait to Canty by his side soon.

nycsportzfan
10-15-2012, 12:57 AM

He has matured into what seems like a certain pro-bowler. When we picked em in RD 2 , he was the guy specifically i wanted when our pick was up(redeye can vouch), and that was a main reason(the fact he was not only big enough and strong enough to stuff any back, he also could get behind the line and make plays), and that is why i thought he reminded me a bit of a young freddy Robbins.. I knew he'd start making more plays behind the line eventually, and he is.. I thought someone would take em end of RD 1, thats how high i was on Linval.. Can't wait to get Chris Canty back oppisite him..

GMan-67
10-15-2012, 01:11 AM
he appeared beastly today

BEASTLY !!

even if his daughter was hot ... i would just hold the door for her and move on

DownWitJPP
10-15-2012, 02:18 AM
I cut JJ or one of the LBs. Austin's got too much potential to dump just yet, and I'm interested in seeing what Kuhn can do over the course of a year.

odd guys out would prob be Petrus, since Diehl is healthy again, Darel Scott, and Jernigan.

which LB could they possibly cut? Paysinger? no way he's our best special teams player and is starting to contribute on the D
Rivers? not going anywhere based on his potential alone. Herzlich? no way...the teams grooming him for the MLB job

GFiP
10-15-2012, 03:15 AM
Joseph is starting to make me not miss Cofield as much. His internal push makes our DEs jobs a lot easier.

GiantRoc
10-15-2012, 04:40 AM
He has definately been our best D-lineman all year. I just hope he learns how to hang on to QBs once he gets to them. Man he gets so close just to let them slip away. It breaks my heart for the kid. He really is helping hold that line together this year though. No complaints here.

Captain Chaos
10-15-2012, 05:54 AM
Joseph is they player they said he was when they drafted him second, now if we can get Austin playing like the second round player that we drafted we will be in great shape. BTW I think Kuhn is doing a nice job for a 7th rounder!

giantsfam04
10-15-2012, 07:01 AM
I think back to JR comments when he drafted him, "He like a human post, hard to move him". Canty said he was the strongest human he has ever played with.