PDA

View Full Version : Canty and Joseph

VBGiantsFan
12-18-2011, 06:36 PM
These two are not worth what Cofield was to us all of last season.

We have had NO pass rush up the middle all season long, and these two are the reason for that.

I know some will say "Well Joseph is a large run stuffer" but we aren't very good against the run either.

We should have paid Barry Cofield what he wanted and cut Canty. The talent difference is undeniable as is production. If we have Cofield getting consistent pressure up the middle, this is a different team.

Overdrive92
12-18-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm not mad at Joseph. I wasn't expecting a great deal from him this year, so he's not exceeding or falling below my expectations.

Canty on the other hand is just so overpaid. He's one of our highest paid players and he hardly does anything.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 06:38 PM

We have had NO pass rush up the middle all season long, and these two are the reason for that.

I know some will say "Well Joseph is a large run stuffer" but we aren't very good against the run either.

We should have paid Barry Cofield what he wanted and cut Canty. The talent difference is undeniable as is production. If we have Cofield getting consistent pressure up the middle, this is a different team.

linval is not the problem... period

YATittle1962
12-18-2011, 06:40 PM

it is extremely evident that you do not understand the duties of a DT in a 4 linemen defense

this team has major LB issues.......they affect the secondary and they affect the line more than many of you understand

Ill just leave it at that

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 06:42 PM

JR-JR-JR-JR GOT TO GO-GO-GO-GO

nycsportzfan
12-18-2011, 06:43 PM
No one is playing well outside of JPP Period! End of story! Try to convince yourself diffrently all u want but your fooling yourself! Were not good up the gut against the run on the outside nor against the deep or short pass! Why u people continue to try and stick up for this team is beyond recolection! I don't care if its your team or not! They have the most embaressing games in the entire league way to often! Just pathetic!

Overdrive92
12-18-2011, 06:44 PM

it is extremely evident that you do not understand the duties of a DT in a 4 linemen defense

Well then what are their duties? Because they're not generating pressure, they're not stopping the run, they're not opening up holes for other defenders...so what are their duties and what are they doing right?

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 06:46 PM

this team has major LB issues.......they affect the secondary and they affect the line more than many of you understand

amen..to be honest canty has played very well this year..and im pumped about what joesph has done this year..throw austin into the mix next year and we may have someting next year...I know this team does not value lbers in the draft but we have neglected this position for too long.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 06:48 PM

Well then what are their duties? Because they're not generating pressure, they're not stopping the run, they're not opening up holes for other defenders...so what are their duties and what are they doing right?

joesph has gotten push up the middle all year..our lbers and d-backs are poor tacklers...watch the game today again..ull see

Mr Excitement
12-18-2011, 06:50 PM
We need another Keith Hamilton...great pass rusher as well as run stopper...just minus beating kids with belts...

NYG4lifeNYK
12-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Joseph has played very well his rookie season...

myles2424
12-18-2011, 06:53 PM
You show more loyalty to the guys you draft....I'd much rather have showed canty the door & matched the redskins offer to Coefield.....he's a better player than canty & makes less $$$.....enough said

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Joseph has played very well his rookie season...

its his second season but yes he has been a bright spot imo.

miked1958
12-18-2011, 06:56 PM

linval is not the problem... period
Yes but u can't dispute the original point of this thread. No pressure up middle and with a 50% tuck and OSI not here half the year, it's a credit to JPP that we even get any sacks. They could triple team him and those other 3 still couldnt find their way to the QB

TrueBlue@NYC
12-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Canty and Joseph are just OK players, that's really all they are.

Canty, like many FA pickups is a good play that got paid great player money, Joseph is a young DT, a position that usually takes a couple of seasons for a player to really excel.

Agree with Y.A. our LBers are so bad it's basically crippling our defense.

stormblue
12-18-2011, 07:00 PM

and i thought i was alone.

stormblue
12-18-2011, 07:08 PM

well put , and i thought i was alone.

you see this younger generation thinks
Aaron Pierce was a great linebacker.

we've gone a whole generation with a
bunch of nobodies wearing numbers in the 50's.

and speaking of a lousy secondary ; where's
Spider Lockhart when you need him.

VBGiantsFan
12-18-2011, 07:09 PM

Oh please football experts, pray tell me how great Canty and Joseph are. Tell me how stout Joseph is at the line. How offenses have to consistently double team him to get the run game going. Tell me how Canty has gotten pressure up the middle all season and disrupted the backfield all day long. Tell me how they both take up blockers so our horrendous linebackers even have a chance to make a play.

You're elitist retort of being more knowledgeable about our 4-3 defense and how the position is played is baseless considering neither guy has succeeded in the most basic of expectations for the respective position.

Next time you want to defend players, defend it with evidence of their play, not by attacking the poster.

What have Joseph or Canty done in any game you've seen this season to counter my initial post.

The answer...NOTHING

bearbryant
12-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Joseph may turn out to be a good player; he's strong!!!If his agent was smart he'd get himout of this organizationtoa team where he couldadopt a positive professional football attitude. </P>

Canty: WTF. You can't make a 4-3 DT out of that 3-4 DE. Dumb move! Bad gamer, takes too many plays off and it kills us. Has an attitude like Rolle. Goodbye!</P>

If we could get a Keith Hamilton with or without the belts... Well.</P>

NCsouthernGIANT
12-18-2011, 07:17 PM
and it's extremely evident that u dont understand what preasure from the front four means. Both ends and tackles are responsible for getting after the QB.

YATittle1962
12-18-2011, 07:18 PM

Oh please football experts, pray tell me how great Canty and Joseph are. Tell me how stout Joseph is at the line. How offenses have to consistently double team him to get the run game going. Tell me how Canty has gotten pressure up the middle all season and disrupted the backfield all day long. Tell me how they both take up blockers so our horrendous linebackers even have a chance to make a play.

You're elitist retort of being more knowledgeable about our 4-3 defense and how the position is played is baseless considering neither guy has succeeded in the most basic of expectations for the respective position.

Next time you want to defend players, defend it with evidence of their play, not by attacking the poster.

What have Joseph or Canty done in any game you've seen this season to counter my initial post.

The answer...NOTHING

somebody get this guy an xbox and a copy of madden quick before he becomes more of a genius

:)

YATittle1962
12-18-2011, 07:19 PM
and it's extremely evident that u dont understand what preasure from the front four means. Both ends and tackles are responsible for getting after the QB.

do some research on the position and how teams like the Giants use DTs

then maybe we will talk

until then.........please continue to vent....its good for you

Kase-1
12-18-2011, 07:22 PM

Oh please football experts, pray tell me how great Canty and Joseph are. Tell me how stout Joseph is at the line. How offenses have to consistently double team him to get the run game going. Tell me how Canty has gotten pressure up the middle all season and disrupted the backfield all day long. Tell me how they both take up blockers so our horrendous linebackers even have a chance to make a play. Nah, I think you did a fine job at that, LOL

The answer...NOTHING So anyone that disagrees with you on our DT's are 'elitists'?? Alriiiiight

If you look at our DTs, they're among the best 4-3 DTs in the NFL. Canty and Joseph are top 5 in most productive DTs in the NFC as well. Canty and Joseph have attacked the LOS and made plays in the backfield and do well against the run, but then again that makes me an 'elitist' right??

NCsouthernGIANT
12-18-2011, 07:24 PM
then why do all the experts say you need to get pressure from the front $? why not just say pressure from the ends? Kieth Hamilton was a monster in the middle. He consistently demanded double teams to free up the ends. our ends are being chipped and doubled which should leave the middle wide open

stormblue
12-18-2011, 07:32 PM

The answer...NOTHING

nothing wrong with your original post.....
just pointing out the more glaring need @
the 50's warehouse.

VBGiantsFan
12-18-2011, 07:38 PM

The answer...NOTHING

somebody get this guy an xbox and a copy of madden quick before he becomes more of a genius

Again Tittle, I would simply like you to defend Canty and Joseph by the merit of their game, not by the merit of what you think I do and don't know about football.

So please, tell me how you think Joseph and Canty are actually great, I am dying to hear it...

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 07:40 PM

The answer...NOTHING

Again Tittle, I would simply like you to defend Canty and Joseph by the merit of their game, not by the merit of what you think I do and don't know about football.

So please, tell me how you think Joseph and Canty are actually great, I am dying to hear it...

he didnt say they were great he stated that the way this team uses DTs those two are not to fault for the poor run defense.

VBGiantsFan
12-18-2011, 07:49 PM

The answer...NOTHING

he didnt say they were great he stated that the way this team uses DTs those two are not to fault for the poor run defense.

A. That is definitely not what he said

B. If he is saying it falls solely on the linebackers, then I disagree, the interior linemen play a huge role when it comes to disrupting the backfield and taking up blockers so the LBs have a chance to make a play. Too many times I'm seeing linemen at the next level, and while it would be great to see a linebacker actually shed a block and make a play, our interior linemen are doing nothing to help them.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 07:51 PM

The answer...NOTHING

B. If he is saying it falls solely on the linebackers, then I disagree, the interior linemen play a huge role when it comes to disrupting the backfield and taking up blockers so the LBs have a chance to make a play. Too many times I'm seeing linemen at the next level, and while it would be great to see a linebacker actually shed a block and make a play, our interior linemen are doing nothing to help them.

no disrespect but his point is that our lbers are not making the plays..linval and canty have played fine this year...nothing personal but i strongly disagree.

VBGiantsFan
12-18-2011, 07:55 PM

The answer...NOTHING

no disrespect but his point is that our lbers are not making the plays..linval and canty have played fine this year...nothing personal but i strongly disagree.

fair enough, we can agree to disagree on run defense.

and do you see them as adequate with pressure up the middle?

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 07:57 PM

The answer...NOTHING

i feel linval is only gonna get better and we have far more pressing issues...like that soft cushion we give in the secondary and the poor tackling by our backers and d-backs.

nycsportzfan
12-18-2011, 11:54 PM

The answer...NOTHING

i feel linval is only gonna get better and we have far more pressing issues...like that soft cushion we give in the secondary and the poor tackling by our backers and d-backs. I was one of LInval's biggest fans co<em id="yui_3_3_0_22_132428052738293">ming out [/i]college when he entered the draft and i actually chose him as my surprise player to sneak into RD 1 But that was based on him not only being a big stout run stuffer but also a guy who can get after the QB on occasion and make some plays in the backfield Hes still got time but so far i still would like to see him become a bit more of a playmaker like he was at ECU

Heres a bit of article when he was rising up in the draft

"Linval was a surprise entrant in this year's draft. As a junior, he had
60 tackles, with 13 coming for a loss. He also had 14 quarterback
hurries. He played in 41 career games, finishing with 143 tackles, 29.5
tackles for a loss and 6.5 sacks."