PDA

View Full Version : Jacobs pays a visit to our locker room

miked1958
10-15-2012, 12:49 AM
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168184-jacobs-visits-giants-locker-room-game/

JJC7301
10-15-2012, 12:52 AM
BJ will always be a Giant and I'll always appreciate his time with us.

I'm sure that he regrets not taking the cut to stay with the Giants since his playing time with SF is so minimal, but I never hold a business decision against one of our players.

GiantWarfare
10-15-2012, 12:56 AM

Cosigned. Gotta say, I felt a little bad for him when they showed that shot of him looking all dejected on the sideline. But he did what he thought was best, both he and MM so I wish em luck w/ their careers.

greenca190
10-15-2012, 12:58 AM
It's cool and all, but if I'm a member of that 49ers locker room, I'd be pissed. If I was a fan of the 9ers, I'd be even more pissed

Toadofsteel
10-15-2012, 12:59 AM
I hope he retires as a Giant. Miss the big guy... he probably would have been able to break out with us this season the way our O-line is playing.

miked1958
10-15-2012, 01:01 AM
It's cool and all, but if I'm a member of that 49ers locker room, I'd be pissed. If I was a fan of the 9ers, I'd be even more pissedoh they are.. A lot of them are callin for him to be released, lol

GiantWarfare
10-15-2012, 01:01 AM
It's cool and all, but if I'm a member of that 49ers locker room, I'd be pissed. If I was a fan of the 9ers, I'd be even more pissed

That's all too true but its not like he was really a part of their offense anyways. Dude was the 3rd or 4th string back if I'm not mistaken.

miked1958
10-15-2012, 01:02 AM
Then one said its no big deal, these are guys he has been friends and teammates with for years. He went on to say that this sort of thing prob happens more then we know around the NFL

G.I. Ants
10-15-2012, 01:07 AM
I said before that he should have retired and joined the staff like Charles Way did. I will welcome him back.

Harooni
10-15-2012, 01:09 AM
lol at the 49er fans comments below . good to see we arent the only ones arguing back and forth over the over reactors homers and haters

JJC7301
10-15-2012, 01:10 AM
oh they are.. A lot of them are callin for him to be released, lol
Would anyone take him back if it meant releasing Da'Rel Scott? I'd have to think about it.

Toadofsteel
Then one said its no big deal, these are guys he has been friends and teammates with for years. He went on to say that this sort of thing prob happens more then we know around the NFL

Yeah... I remember hearing that Boley chilled a little with Vick after the eagles game since both used to play on the Falcons...

Toadofsteel
Would anyone take him back if it meant releasing Da'Rel Scott? I'd have to think about it.

I would... the resurgence of our O-line would help him greatly. Not to mention Wilson does a better Scott impression than Scott...

Not to mention the big guy's got heart, and lots of it, not to mention he loves this organization. It's just a little broken right now.

The only thing is, we'd have to change Stevie's uniform number, but I think they could work something out...

Nolan24
10-15-2012, 01:11 AM
Cosigned. Gotta say, I felt a little bad for him when they showed that shot of him looking all dejected on the sideline. But he did what he thought was best, both he and MM so I wish em luck w/ their careers.

ya, he did look totally pissed off when they showed him on the sideline.

I'll always appreciate him for his time here. he was a unique player and part of our identity, for better or worse.

but i am glad that the Giants are going younger at RB, it was bound to happen sooner or later

miked1958
10-15-2012, 01:24 AM
ya, he did look totally pissed off when they showed him on the sideline.I'll always appreciate him for his time here. he was a unique player and part of our identity, for better or worse.but i am glad that the Giants are going younger at RB, it was bound to happen sooner or lateri think he felt he was ready to play today and the coaching staff didn't agree. Couple that with getting humiliated by your friends and you have a pissed off guy

ELIteManning
10-15-2012, 01:32 AM
I appreciate Jacobs time that he spent here and agree he will always be a giant. However, with that said I do not want him back. I was personally happy he left as I wanted us to move on and get some young blood into the position. Bringing him back only takes carries away from the other guys like Wilson that we have. I do not see a real need for him and don't see how he would really make our team better. I would rather continue to develop and mix in Wilson and others.

egyptian420
10-15-2012, 01:42 AM
Cosigned. Gotta say, I felt a little bad for him when they showed that shot of him looking all dejected on the sideline. But he did what he thought was best, both he and MM so I wish em luck w/ their careers.That picture was worth a million bucks....I honestly felt bad for the guy even though he got his pay day

Him looking at his best friend and brother Bradshaw having a great game on the team that used to be his home....it looked like he didn't care about the money at that point and he just wanted to be back 'home' where he belonged....he missed that feeling of being a Giant...still love the guy

Flip Empty
10-15-2012, 01:47 AM
Was it Rolle who patted Manningham on the helmet?

Harooni
10-15-2012, 01:48 AM
i do miss BJ in the locker room

GiantWarfare
10-15-2012, 01:58 AM
That picture was worth a million bucks....I honestly felt bad for the guy even though he got his pay day

Him looking at his best friend and brother Bradshaw having a great game on the team that used to be his home....it looked like he didn't care about the money at that point and he just wanted to be back 'home' where he belonged....he missed that feeling of being a Giant...still love the guy

BJ will always be a Giant at heart

GiantWarfare
10-15-2012, 01:59 AM
Was it Rolle who patted Manningham on the helmet?

Yep...

miked1958
10-15-2012, 02:08 AM
I bet both he and MM we're figuring SF would fair a lot better then they did. I guess all the inside secrets they gave Harbough backfired, lol

Toadofsteel
10-15-2012, 02:22 AM
I bet both he and MM we're figuring SF would fair a lot better then they did. I guess all the inside secrets they gave Harbough backfired, lol

my tinfoil hat theory is that BJ is still a giant-at-heart, and that he pulled off an epic metagame on the scout team...

GMan-67
10-15-2012, 02:29 AM
it is sad, he knows now he went back to the dark ages of football with the major conservative 49ers, but we have moved on in a big way

DownWitJPP
10-15-2012, 03:09 AM
the thing that the niners fans don't understand is that these are some of his BEST friends outside of football. Bradshaw is like his little brother, and Tuck is also a close friend. Get over it niner fans, you got a beat down today by the defending Super Bowl Champs..accept it and move on. Stop making excuses and looking for conspiracy theories.

on a side not I would take BJ back here in a heartbeat, that man has the heart of a Lion. I will NEVER FORGET what he did for the fans after the superbowl parade at Giant Stadium.. Took the Lombardi Trophy around the whole stadium so Giants fans could touch it.

giantsfan420
10-15-2012, 03:18 AM
lmfao from their thread-
Oct 14, 2012 at 22:08:03#37
lordfangio
Is it THAT far-fetched to think maybe, just maybe he actually was pissed enough at the coaching staff about not playing that he figured 'what the hell, I'll get back at them by hitting up my old buddies during the week and telling them and/or even sending them our gameplan'? I'm almost starting to think this could be possible...

HAHAHAHA THEY GO ONTO SAY THAT THEY THINK THATS WHAT HAPPENED AHHH HAHAHAHA

DownWitJPP
10-15-2012, 03:21 AM
lmfao from their thread-
Oct 14, 2012 at 22:08:03#37
lordfangio
Is it THAT far-fetched to think maybe, just maybe he actually was pissed enough at the coaching staff about not playing that he figured 'what the hell, I'll get back at them by hitting up my old buddies during the week and telling them and/or even sending them our gameplan'? I'm almost starting to think this could be possible...

HAHAHAHA THEY GO ONTO SAY THAT THEY THINK THATS WHAT HAPPENED AHHH HAHAHAHA

that's why i wrote what I did about the conspiracy theory, they sound like such butthurt losers

giantsfan420
10-15-2012, 03:22 AM
HAHAHA CONT'D....LMFAO

Oct 14, 2012 at 23:04:33#45
lordfangio
Originally posted by btthepunk:
HAHA!!
Its ridiculous for people to think Jacobs gave our gameplan to the Giants, come on now. Maybe Randy Moss gave the Vikings our gameplan too since he's not being used as much as he thought/wants. Maybe Snyder and Costanzo will give us the Cardinals and Bears gameplans when we play them?

We played the Giants twice last year and its not as if our playcalling is much different except including Kaep. Even then they knew that its a pretty good chance hes gonna run to the outside.

It's completely different. Moss has never griped about the coaching staff. And why the hell would Snyder have beef? He's a starter. And Costanzo is a core special teamer, just like he's been throughout his career. Brandon Jacobs, however, has well-publicized issues with the coaching staff. Going into the game I feared that something like this were possible, and, let's just say that what I saw happen on the field and what happened with his actions after the game didn't make me think that that was a crazy thought/idea. I'm not saying I'd bet my life that he did something like that, but I definitely wouldn't bet my life that he didn't, either and I do think we should do like Braylon and probably cut him.

Like I said, even if you forget about Jacobs for a second, it did look like they knew exactly what we were up to, and we have shown we have an incredibly creative and unpredictable coaching staff so the fact that NYG looked to always be a step ahead of us looked awfully suspicious...then when you throw in the fact that we got a player who used to play for them, is buddy-buddy with them, was kicking it with them/saying how much he misses them in the locker room afterwards, AND has beef with the coaching staff, it'd be foolish to completely dismiss the idea IMO. Jacobs likely just doesn't give a f**k how we do since he doesn't play even though he thinks he can and he is clearly irritated with the coaching staff. Completely dismissing this notion is ignorant.

OX1
10-15-2012, 03:31 AM
Jacobsgate, Priceless, LOL!!

DownWitJPP
10-15-2012, 03:44 AM
they are reaching for anything as an excuse..how do u expect to win a game when your QB throws 3 interceptions that all lead to points on the board? Also Gore was held to 36 yards..maybe Jacobs had something to do with that too? LOL

wgsgiants
10-15-2012, 05:36 AM
The 49ers are very upset with Brandon Jacobs. They may be willing to release him but we would never get him in that someone would claim him before we get an opportunity. I would trade a 5th round pick to get him back. Jacobs would be a great addition with the way this line is blocking this year. If we have him against Dallas early in the season we would have won that game. BJ would also run hard if we could just get him back.

I realize that it is unlikely to happen but I would love to have the big fellow back. He was truly Great in the locker room even if he is not the future at the running back position for us now.

Go Giants !!!!

GMan-67
10-15-2012, 05:40 AM
The 49ers are very upset with Brandon Jacobs. They may be willing to release him but we would never get him in that someone would claim him before we get an opportunity. I would trade a 5th round pick to get him back. Jacobs would be a great addition with the way this line is blocking this year. If we have him against Dallas early in the season we would have won that game. BJ would also run hard if we could just get him back.

I realize that it is unlikely to happen but I would love to have the big fellow back. He was truly Great in the locker room even if he is not the future at the running back position for us now.

Go Giants !!!!

get him back to do what???

get Bradshaw water

use the stopwatch on Wilson

count Andre's yards per carry

and who would you cut for him .... not that this is even real, but who would you ???

bigblue58
10-15-2012, 07:00 AM
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168184-jacobs-visits-giants-locker-room-game/

That San Fran jersey and that weird number don't look comfortable on him at all.......... and I don't think he ever imagined that he'd be inactive and relegated to the bench even now that his knee is healed enough to play.
I think, at this point, he would take chickenfeed just to be back in his comfortable Big Blue #27!

giantyankee1976
10-15-2012, 07:57 AM

I'm sure that he regrets not taking the cut to stay with the Giants since his playing time with SF is so minimal, but I never hold a business decision against one of our players.

i agree, the guy had presence and he just seemed to be one of the emotional leaders of the team. I will always appreciate his cracking/ breaking of the dallas star with a football after his TD...his drizzle-drip TD dance and his overall fire.

Not to forget his true friendship and compassion towards the Buress' Family during their ordeal...

therefore, even if its for one day, I want him retiring as a Giant.

miked1958
10-15-2012, 09:03 AM
these niner fans are TOOLS. Except that you got your butts handed to you in your own backyard and MOVE ON

BigBlue1971
10-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Jacobs didnt even play in the game besides hes a former Giants with 2 sb rings! he has several friends on the team!

i would think hes not the only player to visit "vsitors" locker rooms. the 9ers and ther fans just solidfied their position as morons!

Toadofsteel
10-15-2012, 09:15 AM
and who would you cut for him .... not that this is even real, but who would you ???

Da'Rel Scott. He's redundant with Wilson here.

Also, imagine if we got him back in time for the dallas game. He would be so grateful that we took him back that, combined with our resurgent O-line, he would run for 100+ yards himself.

Morehead State
10-15-2012, 09:19 AM
I completely agree. He's a 49'r now. There is a time and place for everything. Visiting the team that just thrashed you in their locker room right after the game probably isn't the best time.

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 09:23 AM

Why? He played with some of these guys for years.

yatitle
10-15-2012, 09:24 AM
I completely agree. He's a 49'r now. There is a time and place for everything. Visiting the team that just thrashed you in their locker room right after the game probably isn't the best time.

Yeah he needs to go collect his check and get ready to not be in uniform next week. He's wasting valuable time talking to his ex teammates.

NYGfanNC
10-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see BJ retire a NYG.

Morehead State
10-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Yeah he needs to go collect his check and get ready to not be in uniform next week. He's wasting valuable time talking to his ex teammates.
OK switch it around. We get beat by the Cowboy badly and Bennett goes over to the Cowboys locker room and hangs out with them while they celebrate.
You're OK with that?
Not me.

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 09:40 AM
OK switch it around. We get beat by the Cowboy badly and Bennett goes over to the Cowboys locker room and hangs out with them while they celebrate.
You're OK with that?
Not me.

How do we know this doesn't happen after a lot of games across the League?

Kendo15
10-15-2012, 10:00 AM
You're OK with that?
Not me.

Doesn't sound like he celebrated, sounds like he chewed the breeze with JT then gave him a hug and left.

Bennett goes in and chats with, I dunno, Bryant or whoever, that doesn't bother me one bit, as long as he gave his load for us during the game, which I'm sure BJ would've for the 9ers if they'd let him on the field.

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 10:12 AM

As does Sandusky :o

miked1958
10-15-2012, 10:17 AM
How do we know this doesn't happen after a lot of games across the League?Its does. Heard Boley was chilling with Vick after the giants/eagles game. They were good friends and Teammates while both with Atlanta

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 10:18 AM
Its does. Heard Boley was chilling with Vick after the giants/eagles game. They were good friends and Teammates while both with Atlanta

I would think the Bennett brothers do the same

GMENAGAIN
10-15-2012, 10:24 AM

As we know, BJ was never one to do or say the right thing att he righ time . . .. . some things never change . . .

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 10:25 AM
As we know, BJ was never one to do or say the right thing att he righ time . . .. . some things never change . . .

What did he do that was so wrong?> Was he popping champagne corks for them?

yatitle
10-15-2012, 10:39 AM
You're OK with that?
Not me.

Bennett is our starting TE. Jacobs has yet to play a down. Bad analogy.

GMENAGAIN
10-15-2012, 10:45 AM
What did he do that was so wrong?> Was he popping champagne corks for them?

I personally don't think that it is a big deal, but if I wouldn't be crazy about it if I was a 49er fan. Also doesn't seem like a particularly prudent thing to do for a guy who doesn't seem to have a clear role on the team . . . .

nycisgreat
10-15-2012, 10:46 AM

I am there with you. He did want to come back, and it almost happened. People have to put themselves in his shoes. It is rare people will give up or leave money on the table. I have done it a few times in my life. A $10K increase to jump from one job another is huge to do the same job else where.

Morehead State
10-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Bennett is our starting TE. Jacobs has yet to play a down. Bad analogy.
Use whatever alalogy you want...I think you understand what I'm saying. I can see why SF fans would be unhappy, ESPECIALLY from a guy who hasn't built good will points yet with the franchise since he hasn't been on the field.

BParcells777
10-15-2012, 01:45 PM
I am there with you. He did want to come back, and it almost happened. People have to put themselves in his shoes. It is rare people will give up or leave money on the table. I have done it a few times in my life. A $10K increase to jump from one job another is huge to do the same job else where.

We did not want him back.......Reese had his eye on a top flight rookie in round #1, and we have Bradshaw, Scott, and Brown
I'm glad for Jacobs he is where he is supporting his family, and he will always remain part of the Giants family, where he sacrificed his knees
I hope he gets in there out in SFO and we face them again at MetLife in January where he can visit the lockeroom all he wants as the SFO season will be over

I see him being cut by Harbaugh and winding up with Dallas, or Oakland next year

Toadofsteel
10-15-2012, 02:06 PM
We did not want him back.......Reese had his eye on a top flight rookie in round #1, and we have Bradshaw, Scott, and Brown
I'm glad for Jacobs he is where he is supporting his family, and he will always remain part of the Giants family, where he sacrificed his knees
I hope he gets in there out in SFO and we face them again at MetLife in January where he can visit the lockeroom all he wants as the SFO season will be over

I see him being cut by Harbaugh and winding up with Dallas, or Oakland next year

Jacobs would never play for Dallas, even if it was the only team that offered him a deal...

GIANTSED101
10-15-2012, 02:07 PM
BJ is and always will be one of my all time favorite Giants. I'd probably be pissed if I was a winers fan but I'm not so who cares. I believe BJ had restructured his contract several times in order for the Giants to keep Bradshaw. BJ was looking out for his family and his future, there's nothing wrong with that. Who knows, maybe he was telling Tuck he made a mistake and he should've just went with the team rather than the money. I'll never forget BJ throwing the ball at the clock in Cowboys stadium, I'd take him back in a second and cut Scott just because I know Jacobs is a leader and a true Giant at Heart.

Blueshine
10-15-2012, 02:35 PM
We did want him back. He just wanted more money. Would we take him back now. I would say not likely but maybe. This thing happens all the time. Players even joke between plays. Brandon is a media story no matter what he does or doesn't do. I wish he was still here.

Blueshine
10-15-2012, 02:37 PM
I amend that. I wish he was here in a reserve role. If he doesnt want to run hard than nothing. That has to come at a reduced price.

crossouttheeyes
10-15-2012, 02:42 PM
BJ and Manningham were both true Giants. I don't want him back unless it's to retire however, there's a reason he got nicknamed the Tiptoe Burglar. Our running back's are finally looking solid for the first time in a really long time. Still appreciate everything he did for the Giants.

Moke
10-15-2012, 02:44 PM
I love BJ! Awesome part is this team. Wish he retires a Giant

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Use whatever alalogy you want...I think you understand what I'm saying. I can see why SF fans would be unhappy, ESPECIALLY from a guy who hasn't built good will points yet with the franchise since he hasn't been on the field.

Is this really any different then the times when players from both teams kneel down on the field after the game is over, holding hands in prayer, or meditation, or whatever?

GameTime
10-15-2012, 02:54 PM
I'd be pissed if I was a Niner fan I think. Not irate or anything but I wouldnt like that.

But we won so IDGAF.........

Medisleman
10-15-2012, 02:57 PM
He should have retired and stuck around.

njg85m
10-15-2012, 02:58 PM
You're OK with that?
Not me.

That's such a terrible analogy that I don't even know where to start.

Assuming Marty was nearing the end of his career, was one of the leaders of his team for his entire career, signed with us after 2 super bowls only to not play a single snap, or so much as dress, and decided to go say hello to some of his best friends off the field and someone he considers his little brother after the game? Yeah I would give him a pass and NO I would have no problem with it.

Jesus, it's not like he's SF's #1 back and came in our locker room in full pads to give Eli a back rub in the shower. Little bit of a difference there.

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Harooni

That's just so wrong, But hysterical

...:o

GiantRoc
10-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Harooni

As does Sandusky :o

Thats just so wrong, but hysterical

GiantRoc
10-15-2012, 03:21 PM
I love the 9er fans meltdown in that piece. Those comments are great. We only beat them because BJ gave use the playbook. He must be Marcia Brady's boyfriend pretending to really like her. Greg, hide your playbook!!!
BJ is coming over!!! Dear God.

By the way I really loved Bradon here. But you have to admit, he has lost a lot and did squak about playing time. I don't think we can unring that bell. He was a great Giant while he was here, but that time has passed.

njg85m
10-15-2012, 04:48 PM
I love the 9er fans meltdown in that piece. Those comments are great. We only beat them because BJ gave use the playbook. He must be Marcia Brady's boyfriend pretending to really like her. Greg, hide your playbook!!!
BJ is coming over!!! Dear God.

By the way I really loved Bradon here. But you have to admit, he has lost a lot and did squak about playing time. I don't think we can unring that bell. He was a great Giant while he was here, but that time has passed.

Can someone post his actual quote? I remember seeing it and it never caught my attention.

From what I remember he basically said that he wants to play and he's frustrated he hasn't been on the field yet. I don't recall seeing anything that quoted him as criticizing the niners coaching staff or franchise as a whole.

Maybe I'm wrong, anyone have a link?

Morehead State
10-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Is this really any different then the times when players from both teams kneel down on the field after the game is over, holding hands in prayer, or meditation, or whatever?
At first glance I would say its very different.

Morehead State
10-15-2012, 05:24 PM
That's such a terrible analogy that I don't even know where to start.

Assuming Marty was nearing the end of his career, was one of the leaders of his team for his entire career, signed with us after 2 super bowls only to not play a single snap, or so much as dress, and decided to go say hello to some of his best friends off the field and someone he considers his little brother after the game? Yeah I would give him a pass and NO I would have no problem with it.

Jesus, it's not like he's SF's #1 back and came in our locker room in full pads to give Eli a back rub in the shower. Little bit of a difference there.

Exactly my point. He's getting paid by the team and hasn't played a down. Now he goes over to the locker room of the team that just dealt us a horrible loss, and that he played for last year when keeping them from the super bowl. I can see fans getting very irritated by that.
I can see them wondering where his loyalties lie.

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 05:57 PM
At first glance I would say its very different.

This is a business to the players. They play for 60 minutes and then they seek out opposing players who they know and gab, We see it after every game. So the fact that is happened in a locker room makes it somehow an issue? Someone said earlier that he was "celebrating" in the Giants' locker room but I'd need to see some proof that was the case,

yoeddy
10-15-2012, 05:59 PM
I am sure that he visited the Giants' locker room...so he could pick up his copy of the gameplan...

Morehead State
10-15-2012, 06:34 PM
This is a business to the players. They play for 60 minutes and then they seek out opposing players who they know and gab, We see it after every game. So the fact that is happened in a locker room makes it somehow an issue? Someone said earlier that he was "celebrating" in the Giants' locker room but I'd need to see some proof that was the case,
I'm sure everything you're saying is right, but I can still see how SF fans wouldn't like it. Especially from a guy who hasn't played a down yet for their team.

ashleymarie
10-15-2012, 06:51 PM
I think the NYGs already knew beforehand everything they needed to know to beat the Niners without any help from Jacobs or anyone. I cannot make myself believe that Jacobs would do such a thing as sharing plays and info on his Niner teammates. BJ simply said "hello" to a few of his former teamates and friends. Perhaps on the field was the proper place to do this instead of a locker room. BJ saw no harm in it and neither do I.

BParcells777
10-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Brandon is just a big Giants fan.......he took his one chance to say hello to his "family"........do you blame him?

Harbaugh must be seething though......not a good career move by Jacobs

ashleymarie
10-15-2012, 06:54 PM
From a Niner's point of view maybe some are skeptical of BJ's intent. My take is he and Tuck were discussing family and other interests.

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm sure everything you're saying is right, but I can still see how SF fans wouldn't like it. Especially from a guy who hasn't played a down yet for their team.

Well, fans will be fans I guess and so many of them are currently jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge I'll be sympathetic :p

titwio
10-15-2012, 09:17 PM
My favorite response from that thread:

Christ people, it's not like an American soldier hanging out with the Taliban.

Captain Chaos
10-15-2012, 10:03 PM
There is a good man!

GiantRoc
10-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Not only do I not think Jacobs would do it, there is absolutely chance coach Coughlin would do anything like that. Shame on those guys. They got there butts kicked. Deal with it and move on.