PDA

View Full Version : Dominick Hixon

Joe Morrison
10-15-2012, 05:30 AM
Who really with a straight face can say they expected Hixon to come back and contribute in the passing game. I thouht they brought him back for his return role but he has really impressed when needed. Just think the way Barden and Randle have shown what they can add they GMEN should be set for some time.

NYGabriel
10-15-2012, 05:42 AM
A lot of people wanted Hixon cut. He's come up with some big plays this season. His first catch yesterday got the momentum going.

Captain Chaos
10-15-2012, 05:48 AM
Didn't we see this post last week....Most people didn't question his ability they questioned his surgically repaired knee!

GMan-67
10-15-2012, 05:57 AM
he's always been a solid player when healthy, i fully expected him to be good this year assuming he stayed healthy

this board writes a player off if they miss 1 game, let alone an entire season ... i.e. Bradshaw was put out to pasture, now he may just be the hottest RB in the NFL

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 06:25 AM
i'm sorry to pat myself on the back, but i did.

not because i'm a football genius, i just really trust this coaching staff, and the fact that he was ALWAYS the next man up with an injured WR told me the coaches saw something pretty remarkable in practice.

i just really really really trust this coaching staff.

if they keep calling 87, there's a reason, if they keep going back to Bradshaw, there's a reason, etc, etc, etc.

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Who really with a straight face can say they expected Hixon to come back and contribute in the passing game. I thouht they brought him back for his return role but he has really impressed when needed. Just think the way Barden and Randle have shown what they can add they GMEN should be set for some time.

That would be me :cool:

NYKiller
10-15-2012, 07:28 AM
He is showing good hands and playing well for a 3rd WR; however, he needs to make the over the shoulder catch so he can keep running. This is the second time I see him had to turn around to make a more secure and less difficult catch. Maybe the situation at the moment cause him to catch the ball like that, but it's the second time I saw that type of catch from Hixon. Maybe I'm speaking too soon, I will have to watch both catches again.

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 07:31 AM
He is showing good hands and playing well for a 3rd WR; however, he needs to make the over the shoulder catch so he can keep running. This is the second time I see him had to turn around to make a more secure and less difficult catch. Maybe the situation at the moment cause him to catch the ball like that, but it's the second time I saw that type of catch from Hixon. Maybe I'm speaking too soon, I will have to watch both catches again.

Did he drop them?

TomCat_FIN
10-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Too bad he's been injured the past couple of years. He really deserves some props this year. Two nice catches yesterday to keep the drives alive. He's also someone who can play on the outside and not just some slot receiver. If Nicks were to go down for the year, Hixon could probabaly fill in perfectly as a starter.

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 07:32 AM
Too bad he's been injured the past couple of years. He really deserves some props this year. Two nice catches yesterday to keep the drives alive. He's also someone who can play on the outside and not just some slot receiver. If Nicks were to go down for the year, Hixon could probabaly fill in perfectly as a starter.

He has done exactly that while Nicks was injured

NYKiller
10-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Did he drop them?

LOL, you know he didn't drop them which he shouldn't after he turn around to see the ball, but you want to see him take it to the house after he beat his man instead of going down. I have nothing against Hixon he is productive as the 3rd WR.

Kruunch
10-15-2012, 07:53 AM

I think anyone who remembers how well he contributed to the passing game before his two ACLs.

I'm really surprised that you guys are surprised. When he's been healthy, he's been nothing but gold for us.

Tbonenc
10-15-2012, 07:53 AM
What should be obvious is that the NYG are extremely fortunate to have the best QB in the game right now. He makes everyone around him better, which is what the greatest players do.

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 07:59 AM
LOL, you know he didn't drop them which he shouldn't after he turn around to see the ball, but you want to see him take it to the house after he beat his man instead of going down. I have nothing against Hixon he is productive as the 3rd WR.

For some folks it's never enough

Mercury
10-15-2012, 08:01 AM
What should be obvious is that the NYG are extremely fortunate to have the best QB in the game right now. He makes everyone around him better, which is what the greatest players do.

I agree. And while you never know how a guy will respond after two ACLs, I hoped Hixon would be able to contribute as our 3WR. I'm really glad to see all our WRs doing so well. And as you said, Eli is making it easier for them. But that catch by Hixon was amazing. I was like, "He caught that? Are you kidding me?"

Toadofsteel
10-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Hixon is a fighter. A model Giant. Always has been. Too many people have their image of him tainted by that playoff drop in the end zone. But he's not the only Giant to ever do that. The fact that he went through the grueling ACL rehab, TWICE, should put to rest any question as to the man's toughness. And the fact that he's now contributing like nothing ever happened to his knee means that he definitely made it back to 100%...

fansince69
10-15-2012, 08:22 AM

there is only one problem with what you are saying.....the ball has to be thrown where he can catch it over the shoulder and continue running........your trying to blame Hixon for catching the ball where it's thrown?It did look very awkward the way it was caught......but i think it had more to do with the throw than the catch

NYGfanNC
10-15-2012, 08:25 AM
His catch on the sidelines was ridiculous.

BigBlue1971
10-15-2012, 08:30 AM
Hixon is a beast! he set the tone with those catches he made! the catch he made with one finger under the ball was great!

to be honest i never thought he would play as well as he did yesterday! i figured he would forever be cautious of his knee and never be effective as hes been this year!

i love his character and attitude!

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Hixon is a beast! he set the tone with those catches he made! the catch he made with one finger under the ball was great!

to be honest i never thought he would play as well as he did yesterday! i figured he would forever be cautious of his knee and never be effective as hes been this year!

i love his character and attitude!

As do the coaches

NYG4lifeNYK
10-15-2012, 08:32 AM
Yea that guy Domenik Hixon is pretty good too.

;)

Hixon has always been one of my favorite Giants. He's such a genuine guy and a great teammate... he's a FANTASTIC underrated #3 receiver too.

TroyArcher
10-15-2012, 08:47 AM
If he can stay healthy he is a very good number 3 WR.

DaKraken
10-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Have to join the eating crow camp as I never figured Hixon would even be a factor other than maybe on special teams.

The fact that he is performing this well after two serious knee injuries is just astounding.

Joe Morrison
10-15-2012, 09:08 PM
The way he has come up with the plays when they are needed is key, he shows up on the big downs and has great presence around the sideline. It is a reflection of his intensity that he has come back after two years of frustration. Yesterday's game has me thinking another serious run this year, lets hope we don't fall into some silly slump with the Skins, Go Giants.

giantsfan420
10-15-2012, 09:14 PM

this is the only complaint i could hae with hix so far. i said the same thing, he culda kept running n stride, made over the shoulder catch for a TD. Similar play happened vs philly on that PA. He made up for the awkard "catch which ensures no YAC" by getting the YAC somehow lol/
Hixon may very well be most improved player, guy is looking like a star. i pray he stays healthy

Flip Empty
10-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles are also providing proof that these injuries don't have to spell the end of a player's career. Fans (and the media) need to stop applying that doomsday stigma to the injury.

zimonami
10-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Me, too. When people were calling for Randle or Barden to take Hixon's place, we were talking about reliability... good routes and good hands from a vet that knew the offense and would be there, and in the right spot, for Eli when he needed him.
Same thing on here with people calling for Wilson over AB, and while we're at it let's get old man Blackburn back into retirement where his slow butt belongs.
Fortunately, TC is a little wiser.

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Me, too. When people were calling for Randle or Barden to take Hixon's place, we were talking about reliability... good routes and good hands from a vet that knew the offense and would be there, and in the right spot, for Eli when he needed him.
Same thing on here with people calling for Wilson over AB, and while we're at it let's get old man Blackburn back into retirement where his slow butt belongs.
Fortunately, TC is a little wiser.

Just a smidge :)

YATittle1962
10-15-2012, 09:50 PM

if you research any of the threads discussing this in preseason or during the whole Barden boom you will see me say over and over that Hixon is a valuable asset and one of the best receivers on this team ......light years ahead of Barden and anyone outside of Nicks or Cruz

I got flamed for it

I'm sure all those who flamed are seeing what I meant now

Zimmy and Roa had my back

remember all the ....Hixon won't make the final 53 ......talk

silly Giant fans

zimonami
10-15-2012, 09:57 PM
if you research any of the threads discussing this during the whole Barden boom you will see me say over and over that Hixon is a valuable asset and one of the best receivers on this team ......light years ahead of Barden and anyone outside of Nicks or Cruz

I got flamed for it

hahahaha, I remember that, YA.
But, people on here also don't know how you picked out Hixon in his rookie camp amd spoke about how solid he was,
His injuries derailed him, but he didn't suddenly lose his skills, and you knew that and stood by him.
The man understood the offense early on, whuch was why he played ahead of Manningham when he was healthy.
Eli need to know that his man will be where he expects him to be, and then catch the ball. Simply, be reliable.
That's Hixon.
He isn't a Nicks or a Cruz, but he's damned good.

Kez Simpson
10-15-2012, 10:20 PM
this is the only complaint i could hae with hix so far. i said the same thing, he culda kept running n stride, made over the shoulder catch for a TD. Similar play happened vs philly on that PA. He made up for the awkard "catch which ensures no YAC" by getting the YAC somehow lol/
Hixon may very well be most improved player, guy is looking like a star. i pray he stays healthy

I can't complain about a guy making an adjustment to CATCH the ball, we don't know what he sees on the field. The important thing is for the receiver to make a play on the ball. You guys are being way to nitpicky.

Joe Morrison
10-15-2012, 10:26 PM
if you research any of the threads discussing this in preseason or during the whole Barden boom you will see me say over and over that Hixon is a valuable asset and one of the best receivers on this team ......light years ahead of Barden and anyone outside of Nicks or Cruz

I got flamed for it

silly Giant fans
What I was truely referring to was how he overcame 2 years of rehab and being out of football and being able to compete at the NFL level again, we all knew what he had prior to the injuries, I really had no inclination that he would be this good coming back this year and am glad all his hard work has paid off.

jomo
10-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Check my posts, I expected this from him. He's done it before and the Giants wouldn't have kept him if he wasn't ready to compete at this level. I know there were MANY detractors, even some who obsessed about that one big drop. Not me. I am so happy for the guy who is a true professional.

giantsfan420
10-15-2012, 10:42 PM

I got flamed for it

silly Giant fans

lol. i dont remember that as much as i remember you stating barden isnt an nfl wr. im not saying u didnt say hixon would be this good, i may have missed it. but i cant recall a post u made on barden (and i remember a bunch of em bc i felt about barden what u do hixon) and unless the statement "barden isn't an nfl wr" has dual meanings about hixon, then i dont remember anyone stating he'd bne this good.
even rf, who deserves major props (like u), never came out and said hixon would have this impact, it was usually about ppl calling for barden to be ahead of hixon, or ppl saying hixon would be cut, and RF time and time again stated the coaches no more than we do, and hixon is 3 on the depth chart.

if anything, u guys were saying he'd be a dependable, possession type wr...i dont think anyone could have guessed hixon would be used as a downfield threat the way he has

giantsfan420
10-15-2012, 10:45 PM
I can't complain about a guy making an adjustment to CATCH the ball, we don't know what he sees on the field. The important thing is for the receiver to make a play on the ball. You guys are being way to nitpicky.

dont get me wrong, as i said, dudes playing like a star. just pointing out one lil thing, eli is awesome but we point out when he makes mistakes. dont see why cant do that with hixon.
u r right tho i dnt know what he was seeing on the field. maybe he couldnt track it over the shoulder and he made an awesome adjustment. i dunno. i just knw that there was 2x when he like turned towards the LOS to make the catch when he prob could catch it over the shoulder. but he did make the catches and hes been awesome. gotta eat sme crow on hixon. i never thought he could make this sorta impact.

YATittle1962
10-15-2012, 11:55 PM
lol. i dont remember that as much as i remember you stating barden isnt an nfl wr. im not saying u didnt say hixon would be this good, i may have missed it. but i cant recall a post u made on barden (and i remember a bunch of em bc i felt about barden what u do hixon) and unless the statement "barden isn't an nfl wr" has dual meanings about hixon, then i dont remember anyone stating he'd bne this good.
even rf, who deserves major props (like u), never came out and said hixon would have this impact, it was usually about ppl calling for barden to be ahead of hixon, or ppl saying hixon would be cut, and RF time and time again stated the coaches no more than we do, and hixon is 3 on the depth chart.

if anything, u guys were saying he'd be a dependable, possession type wr...i dont think anyone could have guessed hixon would be used as a downfield threat the way he has

always pulled for Dom and always knew what he was capable of ...ever since he was at Akron playing DB and WR

mainefan
10-16-2012, 12:29 AM
I agree. And while you never know how a guy will respond after two ACLs, I hoped Hixon would be able to contribute as our 3WR. I'm really glad to see all our WRs doing so well. And as you said, Eli is making it easier for them. But that catch by Hixon was amazing. I was like, "He caught that? Are you kidding me?"IHix has shown great hands from day one. ON day one, he showed a knack for catching the high pass in particular. He just wasn't given the opportunity early, and not just because of the injuries.Very few on here even noticed, and only saw the drop against the Eagles.

Out of Exile
10-16-2012, 01:13 AM
I am so glad he's still here. Wasn't sure after he tore his ACL a second time. It's good to see him contribute the way he has. He's awesome.

BeatYale
10-16-2012, 01:35 AM

I did, and I referenced his big catch against the Rams last season.

BillTheGreek
10-16-2012, 02:26 PM
He earned his PAY !

Do it again !

ryan12
10-16-2012, 02:35 PM

i can co-sign this for rf he always talked good about hixon even last year

RoanokeFan
10-16-2012, 02:37 PM

I got flamed for it

silly Giant fans

It really was an amazing time. Barden had a nice showing and all of a sudden Hixon was cannon fodder to some. He was named the # 3 receiver out of camp, did everything that was asked of him up to (and following) his concussion and, yet, Barden, Randle, and, to a lesser extent, Jernigan were all being held back by the ignorant coaching staff.

Hixon has demonstrated his worth in every game in which he played. He goes up for them in traffic, makes sure the better positioned defender doesn't get the interception and is, according to the coaches, always where he's expected to be on the field, and makes those "toes in" catches like very few can.

I am sure Randle will eclipse Hixon somewhere down the road. This season, next season, who knows? But for now, he is a damn good # 3 and fills in admirably when Nicks or Cruz is not on the field.

zimonami
10-16-2012, 04:35 PM
It really was an amazing time. Barden had a nice showing and all of a sudden Hixon was cannon fodder to some. He was named the # 3 receiver out of camp, did everything that was asked of him up to (and following) his concussion and, yet, Barden, Randle, and, to a lesser extent, Jernigan were all being held back by the ignorant coaching staff.

Hixon has demonstrated his worth in every game in which he played. He goes up for them in traffic, makes sure the better positioned defender doesn't get the interception and is, according to the coaches, always where he's expected to be on the field, and makes those "toes in" catches like very few can.

I am sure Randle will eclipse Hixon somewhere down the road. This season, next season, who knows? But for now, he is a damn good # 3 and fills in admirably when Nicks or Cruz is not on the field.

That should put an AMEN on this Hixon thread. You couldn't express his value any better.

Next myth to attack? AB, and why isn't Brown or Wilson ahead of him?
Oh, never mind... 300+ yards in the last 2 games, and support by TC pointing out how tough AB is, has shut down the unbelievers.

Then, Next?
Blackburn? He's too slow... misses tackles and takes bad angles on his coverages.
Oh, never mind... Seems to have covered his assignments well against SF

After all these years, why doesn't TC pay attention to all the smarter people on these boards?

Next up? whoever has a bad game against the Skins. Off with his head!!

Never a dull moment on here. Always a smile.

rtahsin
10-16-2012, 04:47 PM
He is showing good hands and playing well for a 3rd WR; however, he needs to make the over the shoulder catch so he can keep running. This is the second time I see him had to turn around to make a more secure and less difficult catch. Maybe the situation at the moment cause him to catch the ball like that, but it's the second time I saw that type of catch from Hixon. Maybe I'm speaking too soon, I will have to watch both catches again.yeah I thought the same thing too. I think it was his first big catch, if he caught it over the shoulder he could've scored or get within the 5 yard line. Maybe it's just me but I feel I've seen him do this a few times before.

RoanokeFan
10-16-2012, 10:36 PM
yeah I thought the same thing too. I think it was his first big catch, if he caught it over the shoulder he could've scored or get within the 5 yard line. Maybe it's just me but I feel I've seen him do this a few times before.

I'm not able to recall all of Hixon's catches, but on Sunday, had he continued running down field the throw would have been short. Had the defender stayed in the same relative position he was, he would have been closer to the ball.

jomo
10-16-2012, 11:21 PM
That should put an AMEN on this Hixon thread. You couldn't express his value any better.

Next myth to attack? AB, and why isn't Brown or Wilson ahead of him?
Oh, never mind... 300+ yards in the last 2 games, and support by TC pointing out how tough AB is, has shut down the unbelievers.

Then, Next?
Blackburn? He's too slow... misses tackles and takes bad angles on his coverages.
Oh, never mind... Seems to have covered his assignments well against SF

After all these years, why doesn't TC pay attention to all the smarter people on these boards?

Next up? whoever has a bad game against the Skins. Off with his head!!

Never a dull moment on here. Always a smile.We all need a good laugh every now and then!

giantsfan420
10-16-2012, 11:48 PM

i coulda sworn i've read u post that hixon was the 3, but by some point in the season, he could be passed by Randle...but who cares. hixon has been a beast. u gotta admit tho, its kinda ironic/hypocritical how the "i told u so's" with hixon arent getting near the flak as the people who do the "told u so's" about eli get...

Marvelousmik
10-17-2012, 12:02 AM

i always thought hixon was a better receiver than mannigham and i will continue to stand by that. That being said, i knew hixon would play good within this offense when the season started.