PDA

View Full Version : JUSTIN TUCK

ibbill
10-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Did he play or was he hurt. Just checked the stats and saw no mention of him,

Wish I could have seen the game.Hi Lights will have to do.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-15-2012, 09:04 AM
I thought he was fine yesterday. He was getting pressure just no sacks. Same for Osi except Osi helped force some sacks with up field pressure and got a bunch of QB hits.

Some people were bashing Tuck yesteday and I think it was unwarranted.

TuckandRolle
10-15-2012, 09:06 AM
He played well, made some plays on the outside.

bigbluetribe
10-15-2012, 09:07 AM
i missed the game, i saw someone said tracy was playing in his spot? that true?

wuzpapn
10-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Our D-Line played phenomenal yesterday. The pass rush made Alex Smith uncomfortable all game and allowed Antrel Rolle to have 2 INTs. Held Gore to 36 yds. Prince had an INT also.

Kruunch
10-15-2012, 09:13 AM
i missed the game, i saw someone said tracy was playing in his spot? that true?

Tracy came in for a series at the end of the game when Tuck was nicked up.

Tuck was "ok" yesterday ... nothing amazing, but solid. Him having another "injury" to blame his invisible performances on is a bit troubling though.

BurnerNYG
10-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Osi needs to play better too. He broke containment which he does often and allowed a long run be overly aggressive rushing the passer.

Kruunch
10-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Osi needs to play better too. He broke containment which he does often and allowed a long run be overly aggressive rushing the passer.

I noticed they started covering Osi with using the SAM as the containment on that side. Great adjustment yesterday.

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 09:15 AM
thought his play improved dramatically.

bigbluetribe
10-15-2012, 09:16 AM

Tuck was "ok" yesterday ... nothing amazing, but solid. Him having another "injury" to blame his invisible performances on is a bit troubling though.

Thats cool how did he play, I go to william and mary and his last year was my freshmen year, and I would agree with you about tuck, has been gone seemingly all year, something with my car came up and i missed game so I didnt get a chance to judge how tuck played but it looks all year like he just doesnt give it his all physically, wonder if he just cant anymore

CowboysSuck

I think on that play Boley, or what is Jwill? was supposed to fill that gap. It actually looked like Osi did a good job, he broke through the D-line and kind of just stayed there holding his gap assignment. It was the OLB who went to fill the gap but for some reason went to the wide side of Osi opening a huge hole.

NYG4lifeNYK
Osi got after it yesterday. He helped create some sacks and got to Smith numerous times. Just didn't show up on the stats sheet. Osi was active yesterday. Was good to see.

CowboysSuck
10-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Thats cool how did he play, I go to william and mary and his last year was my freshmen year, and I would agree with you about tuck, has been gone seemingly all year, something with my car came up and i missed game so I didnt get a chance to judge how tuck played but it looks all year like he just doesnt give it his all physically, wonder if he just cant anymore

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say he needs to lose 10+ pounds. It gets harder and harder to maintain the speed he once had with the same if not more weight hes gained

Kruunch
10-15-2012, 09:19 AM

To be honest, I think his heart isn't in it half the time. But that's a subjective opinion obviously.

I like when they move him inside and have JPP play his spot on the end (more then when they move JPP inside). Tuck seems to thrive more at the DT position (also a reason why he disappears a lot ... DTs don't normally get a lot of face time and Tuck plays the DT spot quite a bit these days).

BurnerNYG
10-15-2012, 09:24 AM
I think on that play Boley, or what is Jwill? was supposed to fill that gap. It actually looked like Osi did a good job, he broke through the D-line and kind of just stayed there holding his gap assignment. It was the OLB who went to fill the gap but for some reason went to the wide side of Osi opening a huge hole.I can agree with this because I was also wondering where our middle linebacker or any linebacker was. We held them to 3 points so I have no complaints... I just would like to see Osi's infamous sack fumbles to start showing up. His run D has always been suspect so I can't really breakdown his day on that particular play.

hadenough
10-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say he needs to lose 10+ pounds. It gets harder and harder to maintain the speed he once had with the same if not more weight hes gained

I actually agree...however...I think he has been playing pretty solid football. Most times he is on the end...he can maintain that edge. But, similarly to Strahan...I think Tuck could benefit from dropping a few pounds.

ibbill
10-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Thanks guys for the info.

TroyArcher
10-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Whole dfense played well. Tuck is not a real impact player these days, just a solid run stuffing D-lineman.

SweetZombieJesus
10-15-2012, 11:01 AM
He played well, made some plays on the outside.

They did a reverse and Tuck sniffed it out but got clobbered by Gore, otherwise he blew it up.

BillTheGreek
10-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Tuck was a little soft, he will bounce back ! >>>>>>>Come on Guys, The Defense did a Great Job ! As did O and ST's.............We beat a Great Team !

Keep it up G-Men !

GIANTSED101
10-15-2012, 11:15 AM
I thought Tuck played pretty well, he got pressure on the QB. He was in on a couple of running plays, they also had him dropping in coverage a couple of times. Stats don't always show how good of a game you have, he played well.

GMan-67
10-15-2012, 11:22 AM
so a guy that didnt watch the game, is now going to take a shot at our defensive captain ... i guess this is the way some celebrate great victories, but i will never get it

giantsforce
10-15-2012, 11:26 AM
I thought Tuck played pretty well, he got pressure on the QB. He was in on a couple of running plays, they also had him dropping in coverage a couple of times. Stats don't always show how good of a game you have, he played well.You are right about the stats. Stats do not show the pressure that they put on Smith, regardless of sack #'s. The stopped the run, which is the only legit threat from the 49ers and they forced Smith to do more than manage the game. Also, the secondary did an excellent job covering the receivers and other than a couple of big plays to Moss and MM, they shut down Davis.

GIANTSED101
10-15-2012, 11:37 AM
I know Alex Smith isn't the greatest QB but we shut him copletely down along with Frank Gore. This was the best defensive game by far and Tucks best game yet. We can question Tucks heart and work ethic but we also need to understand what they're asking from him right now. I gurantee we'll start to see more of the old Tuck once we get Canty back this week and the DT start playing better. There's a reason as to why the finally had Kiwi playing DE this game and were rotating Tuck a lot more in the front 4.

nycisgreat
10-15-2012, 11:42 AM

Overall, the defense played very well.