PDA

View Full Version : BParcells777 Told You All

Diamondring
10-15-2012, 10:23 AM
That the Giants will beat the 49ers and a lot of posters got on his case cause of what he posted especially his Giants Fan Mates who tried to show him out for 49er Fans. I felt sick to my stomach. I thought we suppose to be down with each other. If we disagree, we disagree but come on what I have seen recently made me shake my head in Shame. The Brown Paper bag of shame goes to the very doubtful and mean posters who don't know how to show unity.

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 10:28 AM
BP was right and those of us, like me, who thought we would lose that game were wrong. what an awesome thing to be wrong about.

but i don't agree with this unity thing. i'm loyal to the giants, win or lose, but i'm never going to assume they're going to win because of loyalty. it's silly to think that being a fan means we just shut our brains off, or only use it to justify why we predict a giants win every single week.

BigBlue1971
10-15-2012, 10:28 AM
thats not right! more posters (Giants fans) agreed with him! maybe you were reading 9er fans comments!

NYGabriel
10-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Does BParcells777 have this weeks Lotto numbers?

NYG4lifeNYK
10-15-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm lost. I didn't see the topic?

I don't think any Giants fan.... well most Giants fans were shocked we won yesterday. Most of us knew we were going to win. Those are the games we play our best football.

BParcells777
10-15-2012, 10:44 AM
we took a long time to jell last year, but wound up #1....although not a team for the ages
then we upgraded 33% of the roster in the off season......it takes time for everyone to get in synch. This present team is the most powerful one I have ever seen.

I just felt that was about to come to fruition......its not that the 49rs are terrible, its that we are that good. We are on the verge of becoming a very dominant team. Only injuries can stop us, but you know what? We always seem to have a talented guy to step up.....only Eli is a sacred cow because the Giants refuse to hire really compitent back up QBs......why?......I have no idea why. I saw a lot of promise in Perrilloux but where is he now?

Having said that we will always have problems with mobile QBs......I hope we can recreate the NASCAR Dline of last year this week and just not give this talented kid a moment to think. We could indeed lose this coming Sunday. Robert Griffin is a wild card. Chances are we will be fine.

GMENAGAIN
10-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Kudos BParcells777 (jak)

BParcells777
10-15-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm lost. I didn't see the topic?

I don't think any Giants fan.... well most Giants fans were shocked we won yesterday. Most of us knew we were going to win. Those are the games we play our best football.

Actually there were an unusual amount of Giants fans on this board and others that did not see this coming and thought we would lose......some thought we would lose big.....I thought that was odd. I have never seen Giants fans predict a blowout of the Giants before.......very strange week

GameTime
10-15-2012, 11:02 AM
That the Giants will beat the 49ers and a lot of posters got on his case cause of what he posted especially his Giants Fan Mates who tried to show him out for 49er Fans. I felt sick to my stomach. I thought we suppose to be down with each other. If we disagree, we disagree but come on what I have seen recently made me shake my head in Shame. The Brown Paper bag of shame goes to the very doubtful and mean posters who don't know how to show unity.
he said the same thing twice last year that the Giants would blow them out. While he is a true Giants fan he is nuts sometimes.

miked1958
10-15-2012, 11:02 AM
we took a long time to jell last year, but wound up #1....although not a team for the ages
then we upgraded 33% of the roster in the off season......it takes time for everyone to get in synch. This present team is the most powerful one I have ever seen.

I just felt that was about to come to fruition......its not that the 49rs are terrible, its that we are that good. We are on the verge of becoming a very dominant team. Only injuries can stop us, but you know what? We always seem to have a talented guy to step up.....only Eli is a sacred cow because the Giants refuse to hire really compitent back up QBs......why?......I have no idea why. I saw a lot of promise in Perrilloux but where is he now?

Having said that we will always have problems with mobile QBs......I hope we can recreate the NASCAR Dline of last year this week and just not give this talented kid a moment to think. We could indeed lose this coming Sunday. Robert Griffin is a wild card. Chances are we will be fine.YOU CALLED FOR A BLOWOUT WIN ALL WEEK AND YOU WERE RIGHT ON!!!

Give me your take on the Skins game please

Diamondring
10-15-2012, 11:05 AM
he said the same thing twice last year that the Giants would blow them out. While he is a true Giants fan he is nuts sometimes.Good Luck Piece, 3s the charm.

BParcells777
10-15-2012, 11:06 AM
true but my prediction was 33-17........I later upped it to 38-17

It worries me that we continue to have red zone problems.......that stuff has to stop

We would have had more than 40 points without all the FGs

I did not foresee the total D domination

BParcells777
10-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Good Luck Piece, 3s the charm.

I dont know that I predicted a Giants domination of SFO last year......I thought the games would be close.
This team has a lot more talent than the Champs...but They were the Champs and this team still had to prove they can win it all.

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 11:12 AM
true but my prediction was 33-17........I later upped it to 38-17

It worries me that we continue to have red zone problems.......that stuff has to stop

We would have had more than 40 points without all the FGs

I did not foresee the total D domination

if our running game holds up, especially against defenses other than the 49ers, you're about to see our red zone problems come to an end.

tough to be a great red zone team with no running game.

CowboysSuck
10-15-2012, 11:22 AM
BP was right and those of us, like me, who thought we would lose that game were wrong. what an awesome thing to be wrong about.

but i don't agree with this unity thing. i'm loyal to the giants, win or lose, but i'm never going to assume they're going to win because of loyalty. it's silly to think that being a fan means we just shut our brains off, or only use it to justify why we predict a giants win every single week.

Maybe its just me, but I always think we are going to win. I dont wake up Sunday excited to go see us lose. Its just doesnt make sense.

And im a pretty objective fan....I mean after a game if we lose I have no problem saying I was worried, they were the better team, etc.
But the whole deal with fandom is to get pumped, ALWAYS think your team is going to WIN and just have a good time.
What kind of fan goes around telling people they think they are going to lose. Why even watch the game?

Ive never woken up on a Sunday and said to anybody " Hey guys watch the Giants today, they really have a great chance to lose! Its going to be fun" ...what???

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Maybe its just me, but I always think we are going to win. I dont wake up Sunday excited to go see us lose. Its just doesnt make sense.

And im a pretty objective fan....I mean after a game if we lose I have no problem saying I was worried, they were the better team, etc.
But the whole deal with fandom is to get pumped, ALWAYS think your team is going to WIN and just have a good time.
What kind of fan goes around telling people they think they are going to lose. Why even watch the game?

Ive never woken up on a Sunday and said to anybody " Hey guys watch the Giants today, they really have a great chance to lose! Its going to be fun" ...what???

what Giant fan is "excited" to see the Giants lose? that doesn't make any sense. thinking they'll lose doesn't change how i watch games, or how excited i get for them.

you can't say you're an objective fan if you ALWAYS think you're going to win. that comment doesn't make any sense.

you can ALWAYS hope that they win (i do every week), but what's objective of NEVER thinking they'll lose?

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 11:57 AM
he said the same thing twice last year that the Giants would blow them out. While he is a true Giants fan he is nuts sometimes.

Not like he's the only one lol

Buddy333
10-15-2012, 12:12 PM
what Giant fan is "excited" to see the Giants lose? that doesn't make any sense. thinking they'll lose doesn't change how i watch games, or how excited i get for them.you can't say you're an objective fan if you ALWAYS think you're going to win. that comment doesn't make any sense.you can ALWAYS hope that they win (i do every week), but what's objective of NEVER thinking they'll lose?People will be fans in all kinds of ways. I thought based on what we watched so far this year the Giants didn't match up well against the 49ers. I still stand by that. Why? It's because the team that played yesterday was not the same team we saw so far this season. Even tough I thought they didn't match up well I couldn't wait to watch the game and not because I wanted to watch them lose. I was hoping the DL would wake up and the OL would show me they where for real. Both things happened and they won.

rtahsin
10-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Gotta hand it to BParcells777, he called it like it was. I called him out for his homerism but looks like I'm the one eating the crow. Although I did think the Giants would win, I didn't think they would do so by such a big margin. Gotta apologize for that; my bad BP.

BlueReign
10-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Yes, because he was the only one who thought the Giants would win.

Ruttiger711
10-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Yeah good job BP777

... But what's the count on how many things he's TOLD us?

....a broken clock ... Yada yada yada

BParcells777
10-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Again, you have to take the long view that this is a young team who turned over 33% of their SB Championship roster

It was about time for the Dline to break out.......the O was actually a little below their seasons average of 30 points per game
Eli semed a little off, over cautious in the 2nd half.......no need to be a hero when you are up by 3 scores

Once the 49rs D got tired, Bradshaw chewed them up......he is and always has been the master finisher

BParcells777
10-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Yeah good job BP777

... But what's the count on how many things he's TOLD us?

....a broken clock ... Yada yada yada

Thanks for that

TheEnigma
10-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Well he does get credit for predicting a huge win but he also said Stevie Brown was better than Rolle haha. I've yet to see Brown read a QB as good as Rolle read Smith for most of yesterday's game. Arguably his best day as a Giant. It's nice when he doesn't have to play SCB.

Giantz4Life
10-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Arguably his best day as a Giant. It's nice when he doesn't have to play SCB.

I was thinking the same thing. He really shined yesterday, and read Alex Smith like a menu.

thomsoad
10-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Whats his address so I can mail him his cookie.
And FYI: Just cuz the logical side of the brain thought 49rs would win doesnt automatically mean they were rooting for the Giants to lose.
Gimme a break with this stupid thread.

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 03:17 PM
People will be fans in all kinds of ways. I thought based on what we watched so far this year the Giants didn't match up well against the 49ers. I still stand by that. Why? It's because the team that played yesterday was not the same team we saw so far this season. Even tough I thought they didn't match up well I couldn't wait to watch the game and not because I wanted to watch them lose. I was hoping the DL would wake up and the OL would show me they where for real. Both things happened and they won.

i usually record the game and start watching about an hour after its started so i can FF through commercials and stupid announcer banter in between plays.

i could only wait a whopping 10 minutes before i started watching this game. i was so amped up i couldn't stand it.

Ruttiger711
10-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks for that

Can't say I was upset about you being right here!

BParcells777
10-15-2012, 04:27 PM
you were upset about me calling a Giants blowout in the biggest game so far of the year...........go figure

I'll admit I can get on someones nerves........I have no future as a diplomat

BlueJayC
10-15-2012, 05:20 PM
There's a reason this is the NFL.....predictions mean s*** with that being said yesterday's game was nailed dead on......kudos......but very rarely do you see analysts come out and say they were flat our wrong about a game when they are a majority of the time......surprised many of them don't dislocate their shoulders from constantly patting themselves on the back.......

I hope for the best but typically go into games with low/realistic expectations this way my expectations are usually being exceeded/met and unfortunately a few times here and there (like last year's Redskins' game) way off......