PDA

View Full Version : Eli's place among the best in the game, no longer questioned

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Little excerpt from Peter King's MMQ piece on SI.com every monday:

I think I am sick of those in and out of the football business telling me Ben Roethlisberger gets no respect. Stop. Just stop. Just because someone doesn't think Roethlisberger is as good as Tom Brady or Eli Manning or Aaron Rodgers doesn't mean that person doesn't respect him. We're in the golden age of quarterbacks -- the best time for quarterbacks, with the deepest roster of very good ones, in the history of the league -- and I consider Roethlisberger highly respected in the hierarchy. If it's bashing a guy to consider him the third- or fifth- or seventh-best at a time of such greatness ... I mean, Lord help us.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/10/15/week-6/index.html#ixzz29NPxDGPz

First off, Eli is getting mentioned in the same breath as Tom Brady, and (who would have ever predicted this) without any mention of his brother, and second, that's an EXCELLENT point made by King. This is the golden era of QBs (probably due as much to the rules as any other factor) and all fans are way too worked about about where their QBs rank in the greater scheme of things

Kruunch
10-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Not the first time for Steelers either .... Bradshaw isn't considered one of the best QBs of all time and he headed one of the best dynasties of all time.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Nevermind I found it.

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 10:16 AM
last page, top 10 things he likes and doesn't like.

CowboysSuck
10-15-2012, 10:18 AM
If you made me GM and a little blue tinkerbell came up to me and said I could have any QB in the league to lead my team this year....I would honest to god pick Eli Manning. Its an easy pick. Prime of his career, tough as nails, great decision making, excellent pocket presence, unflappable ...What else do you want?

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 10:23 AM
If you made me GM and a little blue tinkerbell came up to me and said I could have any QB in the league to lead my team this year....I would honest to god pick Eli Manning. Its an easy pick. Prime of his career, tough as nails, great decision making, excellent pocket presence, unflappable ...What else do you want?

+1. Same.

you know what i've started to worry about?

how many more years do we have with him?

3 or 4 before we start to see a decline?

Think about what it's like to be the Jets, or the Chiefs, or the Bills, or the Cowboys.

These teams have been searching for the answer at QB for DECADES, and some of them have stuck with "meh" QBs hoping they'd turn into more than "meh".

Its scary.

You truly don't know what you've got until its gone.

wuzpapn
10-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Five to six years ago and we were almost wondering when we could replace Eli. Present day and we're scared of when a posible big time injury might occur or he starts declining with age.

yatitle
10-15-2012, 10:39 AM
+1. Same.

you know what i've started to worry about?

how many more years do we have with him?

3 or 4 before we start to see a decline?

Think about what it's like to be the Jets, or the Chiefs, or the Bills, or the Cowboys.

These teams have been searching for the answer at QB for DECADES, and some of them have stuck with "meh" QBs hoping they'd turn into more than "meh".

Its scary.

You truly don't know what you've got until its gone.

Spot on and the same thing could be said for the coach. I don't envy the person that has to succeed Tom Coughlin.

Toadofsteel
10-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Spot on and the same thing could be said for the coach. I don't envy the person that has to succeed Tom Coughlin.

You know who I would love to see as HC someday? Maybe not right away with the TV deals he has, but someday...

Strahan.

NYGfanNC
10-15-2012, 12:03 PM
I haven't questioned this since 07 :cool:

TheAnalyst
10-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Eli Manning is single handedly the most important player to his team in the NFL. Yesterday showed you exactly why stats are practically meaningless when saying how great a QB is. 193 yards and 1 TD never looked so good. Without Eli, this team wins 3-4 games this year, maybe a couple last year. Its funny when seeing Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers padding stats for their resumes.

BillTheGreek
10-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Eli's place among the best in the game, no longer questioned

Never doubted it !

Giants5699
10-15-2012, 12:24 PM
You know who I would love to see as HC someday? Maybe not right away with the TV deals he has, but someday...

Strahan.
I agree

gumby74
10-15-2012, 12:39 PM
God, people are such cry babies. My favorite team gets no respect becase we weren't picked to win! My favorite player gets no respect because people say he isn't the best!