PDA

View Full Version : Prince was a bad pick

B-Red22
12-18-2011, 07:57 PM
I told everyone on this board the Prince was a bad pick and Jimmy Smith would be a better pro, and that his character issues could be resolved in the right locker room like the giants or where he ended up with the Ravens. Prince has been constantly beat since playing, he had one pick on an under thrown ball from vince young and thats it. I understand he is a rookie and he missed alot of time but everyone said he was the next Revis and would make an impact right away.

NYSPORTS
12-18-2011, 07:59 PM
another Nintendo player throws a nerf ball and pretends to be a GM.

bashful
12-18-2011, 08:00 PM
IDIOT

NYG4lifeNYK
12-18-2011, 08:00 PM
This is the definition of overreacting... just nonsense.

TheEnigma
12-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Gotta really wait for next year to determine if he's a bust or not.

Worst case scenario is that he becomes Antrel Rolle 2.0 in terms of converted from CB to Safety. He does look slow at times for the position.

Redeyejedi
12-18-2011, 08:07 PM
I told everyone on this board the Prince was a bad pick and Jimmy Smith would be a better pro, and that his character issues could be resolved in the right locker room like the giants or where he ended up with the Ravens. Prince has been constantly beat since playing, he had one pick on an under thrown ball from vince young and thats it. I understand he is a rookie and he missed alot of time but everyone said he was the next Revis and would make an impact right away.I had Smith rated higher as well but I dont blame the Giants taking Prince

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 08:08 PM

Worst case scenario is that he becomes Antrel Rolle 2.0 in terms of converted from CB to Safety. He does look slow at times for the position.

gotta wait longer than that imo..cmon guys...dont over react

Dwinstitles
12-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Dont post to much here, big time giants fan but bigger CFB fan. This was a bad pick I agree, he was a converted RB and he had Suh the previous year which bolstered his stock. He grabs alot of jersey and cant cover without doing that. Reese if aweful in later rounds and I usually give him credit for his 1st round picks but he messed up this year. Except Austin that was a great pick.

jax5338
12-18-2011, 08:15 PM
prince hasnt played well, but this is dumb. guy had one practice in training camp then was thrown into this disaster of a defense where it seems like nobody knows whats going on and hes a bad pick. talk about an overreaction.

MikeIsaGiant
12-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Overreaction, wait till next year to make an evaluation. This is his 4th game?

gmen0820
12-18-2011, 08:17 PM
I had Prince over PP. I really hope Prince can pick it up.

TheEnigma
12-18-2011, 08:17 PM

gotta wait longer than that imo..cmon guys...dont over reactDepends really. He didn't do too bad his first 2 games but he's really had some subpar play the last few games. If he were to play like that all of next year, it would be fair enough to determine he's a bust at the CB position.

Like I said though, the kid would still make a fine safety if it had to come to that.

Kingb50
12-18-2011, 08:18 PM
No Beckum and Dillard were bad picks

B-Red22
12-18-2011, 08:20 PM
No Beckum and Dillard were bad picks
yes Beckum and Dillard were bad picks

B-Red22
12-18-2011, 08:22 PM
i usually wait the 3 years everyone says to wait to evaluate a draft pick but everyone said he would come in and make an impact from day one,

RugDaniels
12-18-2011, 08:23 PM
so a few games is a large enough sample size to call a 1st round pick a bust?

I love the 'you should have listened to me posts'. This board is chock full of visionaries, we are indeed lucky for their insights?

daynemustgo
12-18-2011, 08:24 PM
I told everyone on this board the Prince was a bad pick and Jimmy Smith would be a better pro, and that his character issues could be resolved in the right locker room like the giants or where he ended up with the Ravens. Prince has been constantly beat since playing, he had one pick on an under thrown ball from vince young and thats it. I understand he is a rookie and he missed alot of time but everyone said he was the next Revis and would make an impact right away.

Who the hell said next Revis?

It's way too early to call the kid a bust. He doesn't seem to be playing any worse than Ross and Ross has been in the league how long now?

At least Prince still has the potential to get better while Ross peaked his rookie year.

NYSPORTS
12-18-2011, 08:25 PM
i usually wait the 3 years everyone says to wait to evaluate a draft pick but everyone said he would come in and make an impact from day one,

yeah, yeah, yeah - and you decided to bypass the 3 years for a few games coming off a broken foot, no training camp, no OTA's, etc.

Brilliant

B-Red22
12-18-2011, 08:28 PM
so a few games is a large enough sample size to call a 1st round pick a bust?

I love the 'you should have listened to me posts'. This board is chock full of visionaries, we are indeed lucky for their insights?
never called him a bust did I?? i'm pointing out Jimmy Smith would have been the better pick, my opinion hasn't changed since draft day

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 08:29 PM

I tweeted JR & warned him that Prince was a bad pick. He should have listened to the both of us & his job wouldn't be on the line right now. hmmmmmmmm.... So folks just don't take sound advice do they now.

go gggggggggggggggggggggmen

Sundown
Stupid thread. No minicamp no training, kid is learning as he goes w an inept D coord.

B-Red22

yeah, yeah, yeah - and you decided to bypass the 3 years for a few games coming off a broken foot, no training camp, no OTA's, etc.

Brilliant
Your prob one of the ones who said he would make an IMMEDIATE impact.

Brillant!

Redeyejedi
The thing thats scaring me with him is he is looking very slow.Scouts didnt think he had the quickness to stick at CB and thats what is showing up.Patrick Peterson has gotten beat this year but its not because he isnt athletic enough.Prince is looking not athletic enough

I Bleed Blue 56
12-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Ross was a bad pick. Prince is confused like everyone else with zone. Hes a man corner whos learning on the fly.

Redeyejedi
12-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Ross was a bad pick. Prince is confused like everyone else with zone. Hes a man corner whos learning on the fly.Nebraska is a heavy man under team

ANON837
12-18-2011, 08:39 PM
A little too early to say its a bad pick. He does look lost and over matched out there but let's see what a full off-season can do for him. He's not starter material by any means, but I won't send him packing yet.

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 08:43 PM

Be prepared. You will get a lot of Reese boot lickers attacking you.

GMENAGAIN
12-18-2011, 08:43 PM
I told everyone on this board the Prince was a bad pick and Jimmy Smith would be a better pro, and that his character issues could be resolved in the right locker room like the giants or where he ended up with the Ravens. Prince has been constantly beat since playing, he had one pick on an under thrown ball from vince young and thats it. I understand he is a rookie and he missed alot of time but everyone said he was the next Revis and would make an impact right away. I tweeted JR &amp; warned him that Prince was a bad pick. He should have listened to the both of us &amp; his job wouldn't be on the line right now. hmmmmmmmm.... So folks just don't take sound advice do they now. go gggggggggggggggggggggmen</P>

And who did you want us to pick instead, pray tell?</P>

NYSPORTS
12-18-2011, 08:44 PM

Brilliant
Your prob one of the ones who said he would make an IMMEDIATE impact.

Brillant!

I think your Nintendo is calling you.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 09:51 PM
i love how after 5 games we determine that he was a bad pick..lmao

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Overreaction, wait till next year to make an evaluation. This is his 4th game?

The problem I have is that he seems so slow.