PDA

View Full Version : My God is Wilson fast or what?

TroyArcher
10-15-2012, 12:02 PM
This kid has a second gear that is scarey. Adds another dimension that the Giants have been lacking. If he stays healthy and holds onto the ball I predict Two KO returns this year and alot of big runs from scrimmage. I wonder how he is in the passing game. I 'd love to see him in the flat one-on-one.

BillTheGreek
10-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Faster than a Speeding Bullet !

slipknottin
10-15-2012, 12:39 PM
He's fast, but I don't think he's that fast. He is more of a darter. Quick up to top speed and can cut while running flat out. I think there are plenty of players who could out run him though.

BlueJayC
10-15-2012, 12:40 PM
If he can stay healthy he's going to be a good one.....he hits those holes at top end speed and doesn't need that much of a hole to get it to the second level unlike the bigger backs.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-15-2012, 12:45 PM
He's fast, but I don't think he's that fast. He is more of a darter. Quick up to top speed and can cut while running flat out. I think there are plenty of players who could out run him though.
Yea his burst is unreal. I did notice however that he got caught on that one return where it looked like he was going all the way.

There may be players that are faster than him but damn is he FAST... combine that with his impeccable balance and ability to absorb contact without going down is incredible...

Giants5699
10-15-2012, 12:47 PM
And yesterday he showed a little bit of power. He is going to be a very complete back after a year with TC

JB456
10-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Yea his burst is unreal. I did notice however that he got caught on that one return where it looked like he was going all the way.

There may be players that are faster than him but damn is he FAST... combine that with his impeccable balance and ability to absorb contact without going down is incredible...

Nah, he got tripped up. He wouldn't have got caught if it wasn't for that.

VBGiantsFan
10-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Wilson is all about acceleration. Once he's up to his top speed, he can be caught and is frequently caught from behind on big runs. However, he accelerates so quickly to his top speed compared to most in the NFL that he can still get huge gains on runs and returns.

He can cut really well too.

Diamondring
10-15-2012, 12:50 PM
He's fast, but I don't think he's that fast. He is more of a darter. Quick up to top speed and can cut while running flat out. I think there are plenty of players who could out run him though.Might be faster on turf.

Easy E.
10-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Nah, he got tripped up. He wouldn't have got caught if it wasn't for that.

+1

He got tripped up a little that made him go a little of balance and by the time he was going to get back to full speed he was caught

GMan-67
10-15-2012, 12:52 PM
just a matter of time before he takes one to the house and even though he hasnt been playing much O ... i do see a nice package being developed for him

BParcells777
10-15-2012, 01:06 PM

who cares.....he is as fast as anyone I've ever seen in pads, and change of speed in football is paramount.......I do not see him being caught from behind like Tiki always was

joemorrisforprez
10-15-2012, 01:13 PM

There are some guys who can straight line outrun him, but not on a zig-zag, that's for sure. It looks like he is running on a rail.

BillTheGreek
10-15-2012, 02:21 PM
And yesterday he showed a little bit of power. He is going to be a very complete back after a year with TC

Can't wait that long ( after a year ) He need's to show his Stuff NOW ! Tom Give him a chance, and he won't disappoint you !

Go "Double Duce "Wilson

thomsoad
10-15-2012, 02:24 PM
+1
He got caught pretty easily from behind

Mohann
10-15-2012, 03:00 PM
That's football fast, and I'll take it over straight line speed in RB's and WR's any day.

timmytimm3
10-15-2012, 03:04 PM
With the way the line is run blocking I can't wait to see all 3 backs getting carries.

Giants5699
10-15-2012, 03:07 PM
just a matter of time before he takes one to the house and even though he hasnt been playing much O ... i do see a nice package being developed for him

A nice package indeed.....

BigBlue wins
10-15-2012, 03:12 PM
A nice package indeed.....

David Wilson has a small package for now (lol)

idiotekniQues
10-15-2012, 03:22 PM
he has a quickness about him.

on that return he caught the ball, purposely hesitated with some slow steps, assessed the field and then he turned on his afterburners in like .01 seconds and he was off. very impressive.

Giants5699
10-15-2012, 03:25 PM
David Wilson has a small package for now (lol)
let's be honest... he is a strong, fast, and explosive African American man. his package cannot and should not be small. ;)

berya
10-15-2012, 03:29 PM
His burst is unreal. Unfortunately one knee injury or something like that and that sick burst that he's got is gone (<---- maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it but I don't believe in jinxs and stuff like that). Loved the pick when we made it so obviously I'm a Wilson believer. Hope he stays healthy.

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 03:29 PM
i have never seen a burst like the one Wilson is able to just call upon.

I hope he LISTENS TO BRADSHAW about how he has to learn to play smart and protect himself unless he wants to be 26 yrs old running around with 40 yr old body parts because of injuries.

.scrimmage.
10-15-2012, 03:30 PM
He's the best kick returner that we've had in years and that's for sure. It seems like almost every return he's given us great field position. He's bound to break off a couple KR touchdowns this year no doubt.

TomCat_FIN
10-15-2012, 03:32 PM
He doesn't look that fast when he starts from the endzone, but man when he gets to full speed he's faster than 95% of the players in the league. Truly a pleaseure to watch his returns the last couple of weeks.

Mohann
10-15-2012, 03:49 PM
He doesn't look that fast when he starts from the endzone, but man when he gets to full speed he's faster than 95% of the players in the league. Truly a pleaseure to watch his returns the last couple of weeks.

He never looks fast. He's running by people and I'm thinking, he just looks slow. But if he's running by people consistantly, he must be fast.

crossouttheeyes
10-15-2012, 03:51 PM
He never looks fast. He's running by people and I'm thinking, he just looks slow. But if he's running by people consistantly, he must be fast.
He makes it look so easy. Being at the Meadowlands on his 40 yard touchdown run against the Browns made me realize how incredibly fast he is. I literally saw him hit the hole and then he was in the end zone and he looked like he was jogging in and everyone else was in slow motion. It was the quickest 40 yards I've ever seen. He's incredibly fast and his burst is unreal.

MustWarnOthers
10-15-2012, 03:56 PM

In that NFL video of the Kickoff Return, as soon as he does that funny double-step hop a few steps in, it's like he flipped a Nitrous switch.

His ability to get up to 90-100% speed in a single step or two is definitely rare, and isn't something you can learn. That's straight up genetically gifted athleticism right there.

Gimaniac
10-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Slingshot fast.

Kruunch
10-15-2012, 04:04 PM

I'm not sure about that. I think he's been running tentatively (in the open field) since the fumble (notice how often he's looking around once he breaks it to the next level).

He could flat out burn people at VT ... I think once he settles in and gets comfortable, you're going to see a lot of those taken to the house.

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure about that. I think he's been running tentatively (in the open field) since the fumble (notice how often he's looking around once he breaks it to the next level).

He could flat out burn people at VT ... I think once he settles in and gets comfortable, you're going to see a lot of those taken to the house.

i don't blame him for looking around. everyone that tackles him takes a shot at the ball.

i'd rather he run like this than just not think about it.

you're right though, he'll eventually protect the ball enough that he'll be able to run and not think about it.

coachbobbyfinst
10-15-2012, 04:35 PM
wilson is just now getting his bearings. THink about how much better he looked yesterday than he did just two games ago!! THat draft pick is about to pay off big time!! Big shout to the man Jerry Reese. 'We don't get it wrong, we always get it right!'
No sure how mch stock you folks put in the pro bowl, but mark my words, David WIlson will be picked as the NFC KO returner! Hes a man amongst boys out there. Sit back fellas, we havent had a kick reurner like this in a minute!!

Cloud57
10-15-2012, 04:51 PM
He's the best kick returner that we've had in years and that's for sure. It seems like almost every return he's given us great field position. He's bound to break off a couple KR touchdowns this year no doubt.

Yeah I feel a little disappointed when I see Randle instead of Wilson as a kick returner, Randle is very good but it's always exciting when Wilson does it.

TroyArcher
10-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Yeah I feel a little disappointed when I see Randle instead of Wilson as a kick returner, Randle is very good but it's always exciting when Wilson does it.

Randle looks pretty good back there.