PDA

View Full Version : Jim Harbaugh dropped a couple pegs down this weekend.

joemorrisforprez
10-15-2012, 01:16 PM
First he took Gilbride's bait hook line and sinker.

But more importantly, he was outcoached by Coughlin yesterday.

That college crap with pulling Alex Smith for What's-His-Name completely blew up in his face.

slipknottin
10-15-2012, 01:16 PM
I loved his challenge. Too arrogant to even wait and listen to his guys in the booth

Rudyy
10-15-2012, 01:17 PM
I loved his challenge. Too arrogant to even wait and listen to his guys in the boothThat was absolutely ridiculous.

joemorrisforprez
10-15-2012, 01:17 PM
I loved his challenge. Too arrogant to even wait and listen to his guys in the booth

Agreed.....he was coaching with his heart, and not his mind.

TrueBlue@NYC
10-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah Harbaugh does have a little bit of a toolishness about him. He's got some rex ryan in him.

GameTime
10-15-2012, 01:21 PM
I think Harbaugh is a very good coach I also think he has a screw loose and can be unstable. He has that crazy look in his eyee.......

GiantGremlin
10-15-2012, 01:23 PM
I think Harbaugh is a very good coach I also think he has a screw loose and can be unstable. He has that crazy look in his eyee.......

LOL, couldn't agree more

BigBlue1971
10-15-2012, 01:27 PM
First he took Gilbride's bait hook line and sinker.

But more importantly, he was outcoached by Coughlin yesterday.

That college crap with pulling Alex Smith for What's-His-Name completely blew up in his face.

Harbaugh has been outcoached by TC in all 3 meetings they had so far.

although we lost to the 9ers in the reg season last year i still believe TC outcoached Harbaugh and the meetings since then proved that!

TC is in Harbaughs head and he doesnt know what to do when facing the Giants!

Cool Papa B.
10-15-2012, 01:36 PM
It's funny how 1 loss can change the feelings for a coach, or player for that matter. Harbaugh was out coached yesterday, but he's still a good coach. His team and strategy was exposed and the blueprint to beat them has been drawn up. Not every team has the personnel to play that game though, but regardless, thev've been exposed.

idiotekniQues
10-15-2012, 02:09 PM
harbaugh is a great coach. once in awhile it seems his emotions get the best of him and that challenge kind of symbolized it well. he got outcoached yesterday, couldn't adjust his gameplan after being shut down in the first half, probably cause his head was out and his heart was in.

Moke
10-15-2012, 02:12 PM
That challenege was so stupid. How can you even make that call like that? It was so blatantly obvious Jim was wrong.

Kruunch
10-15-2012, 02:20 PM

Lol I thought he didn't wait for the guys in the booth either.

ny06
10-15-2012, 02:26 PM
He doesn't have a peg to stand on for me. I did like him as a player though.

Medisleman
10-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Harbaugh can't keep his emotions in check, he will never win unless he can get himself under control. What was with that going for it on 4th and long instead of taking the points? Just dumb, you can't win that way.

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Harbaugh is a good coach in getting his players emotionally committed to winning and 'up' for games, but the complexity of the position clearly has him screwing up in favour of his emotional tendencies.

He lost that championship game last year because he abandoned the run (which was very successful) and left Williams in for KR/PR despite signs before the 1st fumble that he couldn't handle that stage and level of pressure.

He lost this last game too, making the identity of his football team a complete mystery even for 49er fans (their boards are all over this).

he's got some skills as a head coach, but with all due respect he seems out of his element when compared to coughlin.

GMENAGAIN
10-15-2012, 03:15 PM
A lot of good coaches have gotten outcoached by TC . . . . .

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 03:26 PM

He's Schiano's mentor :)

BlueSanta
10-15-2012, 03:31 PM
I found the comment from the sideine reporter very telling(Hanna storm was it?)

After halftime when she approached Harbaugh for simple questions but was ignored and walked away from. She referred to it on national TV as being "harbaugh'd"

joemorrisforprez
10-15-2012, 03:36 PM

After halftime when she approached Harbaugh for simple questions but was ignored and walked away from. She referred to it on national TV as being "harbaugh'd"

He's developing a trend as being a sore loser.

He's no Tom Landry, that's for ****ing sure.

ny06
10-15-2012, 03:37 PM

It was Pam Oliver, and I noticed that too. I understand that coaches have a lot on their minds and don't really want to be bothered. But it's called being a professional and taking 2 minutes out of your time to answer some questions.

BlueSanta
10-15-2012, 03:40 PM
It was Pam Oliver, and I noticed that too. I understand that coaches have a lot on their minds and don't really want to be bothered. But it's called being a professional and taking 2 minutes out of your time to answer some questions.

I think it goes beyond that. They are asked to do those interviews by the league. It will never be a public issue but routinely ignoring the reporter or being rude will be frowned upon by the league.

I just find it funny that they went to her anyways despite the fact that she had nothing. It is almost like they did it to point out what a jerk Harbaugh was being.

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 03:40 PM

just more evidence that this guy gets too jacked up at the wrong times.

the handshake doesn't look like such an 'accident' anymore.

Flip Empty
10-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Clearly he didn't see the Carolina game. The Giants snuffed that crap out all day.

joemorrisforprez
10-15-2012, 03:47 PM
I think it goes beyond that. They are asked to do those interviews by the league. It will never be a public issue but routinely ignoring the reporter or being rude will be frowned upon by the league.

I just find it funny that they went to her anyways despite the fact that she had nothing. It is almost like they did it to point out what a jerk Harbaugh was being.

Exactly.....if it's part of the job description, it's called being a toolbag.

If he doesn't like that part of the job, he can simply give a stock response......"We've got to get our guys hustling to the ball, have some things to tighten up, blah, blah, blah."

BlueReign
10-15-2012, 03:50 PM
It's also called having some class. What makes Harbaugh's time so much more valuable than any other coach in the league's? Literally every coach takes the time to answer questions for the FANS. He's an arrogant ***** and will never hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

GMENAGAIN
10-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Does anyone remember the tongue-lashing that Ditka gave him after he threw a pick six on an audible when he was QB'ing the Bears? Classic stuff.

GMan-67
10-15-2012, 04:14 PM

that really defines him ... all emotion, little brain power

now i give him credit ... that team was bad for awhile, but he's gotta figure out how to keep his emotions in check during the game

the other example is that 4th and forever they went for when there was still tons of time left and they were in FG range

now i was saying with 12 seconds left in the half (for us) one more play ... if we didnt have a timeout, then i would have been fine kicking right there, but with a timeout, even if you get stopped short of the end zone in bounds, you still can stop the clock and kick ... not a huge deal, but i was surprised

Giants5699
10-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Harbaugh is a sore loser... always has been.