PDA

View Full Version : Washington Scare Anyone?

Manning
10-15-2012, 02:05 PM
I haven't watched them play at all, but from what I can gather is:

1) Their defense is horrible
2) RGIII makes their offense explosive.

I'm nervous to see RGIII running around next week. This is a CRUCIAL NFC East game, we got to beat these teams on our own and stop relying on outsiders to beat the NFC East teams.

Moke
10-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Not really. I wasn't really that afraid of the 49ers... just a little bit, but to be honest I think we have the tools to beat RGIII.

slipknottin
10-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Just need to get hits on RG3. If he's running the option, plant him if he hands off or not. If he scrambles and runs, get a hit on him.

GameTime
10-15-2012, 02:08 PM
desciplined defense is a MUST.....
we will score points. Also no mistakes. Make the Skins fight an uphill battle.

TheAnalyst
I worry about any team the Giants play. Who knows what team shows up. Any Sunday anyone can beat anyone.

Were you worried about them last year? Probably not.

Manning
I agree we should definitely beat them, but I want the defense that played yesterday to show up. Since their defense is so bad, we might be in for one of those conservative defensive NYG gameplans where they pick up chunks of yards but we try to stop them in the redzone.

GIANTSED101
10-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Uh yea, why wouldn't we be??? We just came off of a huge win against a great team. Washington beat us twice last year, granted their missing 2 key defensive players. Any division rival should always be taken serious. If they beat us we-re 0-3 in the division and I believe they're in 1st place??

Morehead State
10-15-2012, 02:09 PM
For those of you who LOVE blitzes....I would doubt we'll see many next week. Can't have the secondary with backs to the QB against that guy.

TheEnigma
10-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Speaking of the Redskins, any update on the hefty fine they will be forced to pay for the way they handled the whole RG3 concussion ordeal?

Last I checked, both the Giants and Redskins are in top 5 for PPG so this could potentially be a shootout but I could see the defense stepping up and blanketing their receivers.

JimC
10-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Yes!!!!

Moke
10-15-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm least worried when a team is actually pretty good. Prove something? Hell yeah - we play to competition a lot.

Diamondring
10-15-2012, 02:13 PM
For those of you who LOVE blitzes....I would doubt we'll see many next week. Can't have the secondary with backs to the QB against that guy.Can't stand back either cause RG3 is fast and is like a wr and third down back mixed with qb. Gots to come with some blitzes with faster defenders.

crossouttheeyes
10-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Yes.

They're young a young team who's been winning a couple games looking to make a huge statement. You can bet they'll be fired up about this game. The Giants better not sleep on them. RGIII is the real deal. Kid is gonna be a star and a thorn in our side for a long time.

Morehead State
10-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Can't stand back either cause RG3 is fast and is like a wr and third down back mixed with qb. Gots to come with some blitzes with faster defenders.
We need to rush the QB with our D line and honor our lanes. In other words....keep Osi on the sidelines.

ny06
10-15-2012, 02:16 PM
They should be scared of us...

BigBlue1971
10-15-2012, 02:41 PM

^ this!

RG3....and out will be the focus and i think Fewell will devise a good plan for him!

Medisleman
10-15-2012, 02:43 PM
I just worry we won't play up to our skill after the emotion of this win. It is a bit of a trap game. All the Skins have is RGIII, without him they are the same 4-12 team they have been for the past 10 years.

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 02:44 PM

+1

TroyArcher
10-15-2012, 02:45 PM
The D has been able to contain the scrambing QB's so far this year so not that concerned. Hopefully no let downs like last year. Time for the Giants to go on a run.

TroyArcher
10-15-2012, 02:45 PM
31-10 Gmen

Redeyejedi
10-15-2012, 02:46 PM
If the Giants play how they did Sunday they will kill the Skins. This teams best game is better then theirs. Frustrating thing is the chance of them coming out like that on Sunday is minimal. So proud of how they played Sunday best game I've seen them play in a long time

Buddy333
10-15-2012, 02:48 PM
They swept the Giants last year and their rookie QB makes them much more dangerous than last year.

Redeyejedi
10-15-2012, 02:50 PM
RG3 wont last in this league already a concussion this early in the year. Already has blown out his knee once. Telling u guys the reckless way he plays and how they let him get hit, the early years of his career will be his best. Rg3 gets happy feet in the pocket if the ends and LB's contain and Joesph and Canty "Hope he plays" get pressure in his face we will be fine.

GameTime
10-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Division game....
IMO they have to win it. Not just to avoid being 0-3 in the div but for many reasons.

Disciplined defense will win that game.

crossouttheeyes
10-15-2012, 02:51 PM
The D has been able to contain the scrambing QB's so far this year so not that concerned. Hopefully no let downs like last year. Time for the Giants to go on a run.
He's been pretty awesome throwing the ball too. I don't think I've ever seen a QB as athletic as RGIII who can throw the ball as well as he can. You take aways his legs and he's still gonna be a great player. I am worried about him hurting us with the run though. Mobile QB's have been the Achilles heel of this team for as long as I can remember. I'm not looking forward to facing him 2 times a year for the next 12 or so years.

I still think the Giants win. Washington's defense isn't the same as it was last year. I'm just forecasting that if Dan Snyder doesn't find some incredible way to screw it up again this team will be a force to be reckoned with before long.

BillTheGreek
10-15-2012, 02:52 PM
They swept the Giants last year and their rookie QB makes them much more dangerous than last year.

That was last year..............Did you see Giants game on Sunday, it's a different Giants Team ! they finally are playing all as one unit ! They beat one of the NFL best Teams !

drewz
10-15-2012, 02:53 PM
We've done well vs the option this year. Their secondary is pretty banged up, this is a game we should win pretty easily.

nhpgiantsfan
10-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Scared of the Redskins? No. But, they are better than last year, and they beat us twice. So, I will not be talking any crap to my neighbor who is a die hard Skins fan. I don't expect this to be an easy game by any means. However, seeing how we played against Cam Newton makes me think we can contain RGIII as well. But, for God sake lets turn these field goals into TD's, I am tired of seeing so many 1st and goals inside the 10 yardline end in FG's.

BurnerNYG
10-15-2012, 02:55 PM
That was last year..............Did you see Giants game on Sunday, it's a different Giants Team ! they finally are playing all as one unit ! They beat one of the NFL best Teams !They beat The Pats last year in New England and then came back and lost to Vince Young. This team is unpredictable.

BurnerNYG
10-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Scared of the Redskins? No. But, they are better than last year, and they beat us twice. So, I will not be talking any crap to my neighbor who is a die hard Skins fan. I don't expect this to be an easy game by any means. However, seeing how we played against Cam Newton makes me think we can contain RGIII as well. But, for God sake lets turn these field goals into TD's, I am tired of seeing so many 1st and goals inside the 10 yardline end in FG's.The difference between RG3 and Cam is that Griffin actually wins games. We can't take em lightly.

crossouttheeyes
10-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Scared of the Redskins? No. But, they are better than last year, and they beat us twice. So, I will not be talking any crap to my neighbor who is a die hard Skins fan. I don't expect this to be an easy game by any means. However, seeing how we played against Cam Newton makes me think we can contain RGIII as well. But, for God sake lets turn these field goals into TD's, I am tired of seeing so many 1st and goals inside the 10 yardline end in FG's.
Why does everybody think RGIII is Cam Newton? Washington runs a different offense than Carolina and RGIII is already a better passer than Cam and probably as fast as Vick (not in his prime, but right now, and we still can't contain him). Seriously, Cam and RGIII are not similar players at all. I think the Giants win, but this game still makes me a little nervous.

Redeyejedi
10-15-2012, 02:59 PM
RG3 is fast in a straight line but he isnt as shifty as Vick

TheEnigma
10-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Why does everybody think RGIII is Cam Newton? Washington runs a different offense than Carolina and RGIII is already a better passer than Cam and probably as fast as Vick (not in his prime, but right now, and we still can't contain him). Seriously, Cam and RGIII are not similar players at all. I think the Giants win, but this game still makes me a little nervous.

RG3 to me is like a more athletic version of Aaron Rodgers while Cam is a more athletic version of Big Ben. Both of them are still very young and easy to deal with as long as you use the proper scheme to address their dual-threat abilities. With a weakness at RT, we need to keep RG3 in the pocket and force him into someone else's arms.

Giants5699
10-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Washington can't play defense.

crossouttheeyes
10-15-2012, 03:03 PM
This is true, but he has the speed to get to the outside and this Giants team hasn't shown me anything to make me think they can contain him all year. RGIII actually makes good decisions too, unlike Vick (who knows for how long if he keeps getting hit like this). Like I said, I think the Giants win this game, but we can't underestimate this team. I've had Griffin pegged as a legitimate stud since last year at Baylor and this offense can put up points now.

RG3 to me is like a more athletic version of Aaron Rodgers while Cam is a more athletic version of Big Ben. Both of them are still very young and easy to deal with as long as you use the proper scheme to address their dual-threat abilities. With a weakness at RT, we need to keep RG3 in the pocket and force him into someone else's arms.
How does a more athletic version of Aaron Rodgers not scare the living **** you? RGIII is young and has some growing up to do, but he's shown nothing so far that says he can't do it in the NFL. I still don't get the Cam and RGIII comparisons, they're not similar players. RGIII is a quarterback, Cam is an athlete who can throw the ball.

BillTheGreek
10-15-2012, 03:06 PM
NOT ME ........We have the NY Super Bowl Giants .............and a lot of Guys who proved them selves agsinst the 49ers.!

Giants5699
10-15-2012, 03:06 PM
This is true, but he has the speed to get to the outside and this Giants team hasn't shown me anything to make me think they can contain him all year. RGIII actually makes good decisions too, unlike Vick (who knows for how long if he keeps getting hit like this). Like I said, I think the Giants win this game, but we can't underestimate this team. I've had Griffin pegged as a legitimate stud since last year at Baylor and this offense can put up points now.

He is the real deal. Unfortunately, I predict a career full of injuries for him with the way he plays and takes shots.

NYFG
10-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Its October we'll be fine

GMENAGAIN
10-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Scare is a strong word.

But with the way this NFL seasion is going, no opponent can be overlooked . . . especially a division opponent.

BillTheGreek
10-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Thread: Washington Scare Anyone?

NOT ME ........We have the NY Super Bowl Giants ! ....and a lot of Guys who proved themselves agsinst the 49ers.!

Now lets go and Skin those potatos !

nhpgiantsfan
10-15-2012, 03:18 PM

I wasn't comparing their offensive scheme, or passing ability. I was reffering to how the Giants defense played disciplined football and did not give Cam any lanes to run. Contain, Contain , Contain....

TheEnigma
10-15-2012, 03:18 PM
.How does a more athletic version of Aaron Rodgers not scare the living **** you? RGIII is young and has some growing up to do, but he's shown nothing so far that says he can't do it in the NFL. I still don't get the Cam and RGIII comparisons, they're not similar players. RGIII is a quarterback, Cam is an athlete who can throw the ball.

He will be a huge pain in the butt for years to come barring any serious injuries but for this upcoming game, I like how we match up with their defense who lacks Brian Orakpo. With just Ryan Kerrigan, I expect the OL to have another fantastic game in not only pass protection but in the running game as well.

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 03:19 PM
everyone has the same gameplan with RG3, its who can execute it or not.

we certainly didn't execute it with Vick, hopefully we do a better job against Wash.

We need our defense to be as good against the pass as they were last week.

Little worried about a letdown game here, gotta be honest.

crossouttheeyes
10-15-2012, 03:41 PM
He will be a huge pain in the butt for years to come barring any serious injuries but for this upcoming game, I like how we match up with their defense who lacks Brian Orakpo. With just Ryan Kerrigan, I expect the OL to have another fantastic game in not only pass protection but in the running game as well.
Hopefully.

I don't think Wasington wants a shoot out with us, because there offense just isn't there yet. I just think they can make us a little more uncomfortable than we think.

joemorrisforprez
10-15-2012, 03:44 PM

I'm nervous to see RGIII running around next week. This is a CRUCIAL NFC East game, we got to beat these teams on our own and stop relying on outsiders to beat the NFC East teams.

The 49er win was great....reinforced TC's mantra that a team playing together can handle pretty much any opponent.

Having said that, RG3 scares the crap out of me. The Redskins are a team that swept the G-Men with Rex Grossman......and the Giants at 0-2 v. the NFC East.

The good thing is that TC shouldn't have any issues with a trap game mentality, considering the above.

joemorrisforprez
10-15-2012, 03:45 PM
everyone has the same gameplan with RG3, its who can execute it or not.

we certainly didn't execute it with Vick, hopefully we do a better job against Wash.

We need our defense to be as good against the pass as they were last week.

Little worried about a letdown game here, gotta be honest.

Less Osi, more Kiwi on the D-Line might help with gap control.....that's what killed them against Vick and McCoy.

yoeddy
10-15-2012, 03:46 PM

Am only "fearful" of them to the extent that they swept us last year...but I have faith in this team that we'll win...

TrueBlue@NYC
10-15-2012, 03:51 PM
We need to rush the QB with our D line and honor our lanes. In other words....keep Osi on the sidelines.

Yeah, Osi can't be doing what he did in the Eagles game. Gotta keep this guy contained and make him be a pocket passer. Give him confusing zone looks that makes him hesitate with his decision making.

BurnerNYG
10-15-2012, 03:51 PM
He will be a huge pain in the butt for years to come barring any serious injuries but for this upcoming game, I like how we match up with their defense who lacks Brian Orakpo. With just Ryan Kerrigan, I expect the OL to have another fantastic game in not only pass protection but in the running game as well.He's gonna be a lot of fun to watch but I hate that he plays for the Skins. To the poster that said Newton is just an athlete who can throw the ball... I don't agree, he threw for 4000 yards in his rookie campaign. I think Smith is regressing and Cam needs a new threat in the passing game. Both exciting young players but I think Cam should be better in his second year. That coaching staff might not be the greatest either.

PETEY006
10-15-2012, 03:53 PM
We got to keep RG3 in the pocket. Out of the pocket, he can be dangerous.

I think we should go after RG3 and get as much hits on him as possible.
I'm more confident about this game than the SF game. Giants win 27-13

crossouttheeyes
10-15-2012, 03:54 PM
He's gonna be a lot of fun to watch but I hate that he plays for the Skins. To the poster that said Newton is just an athlete who can throw the ball... I don't agree, he threw for 4000 yards in his rookie campaign. I think Smith is regressing and Cam needs a new threat in the passing game. Both exciting young players but I think Cam should be better in his second year. That coaching staff might not be the greatest either.
I guess I was a little harsh. I liked him a lot last year, then I saw how he reacts when things aren't going well. He's still got a lot to work on throwing the ball. He's got even more growing up to do if he wants to lead an NFL team.

PennState1
10-15-2012, 03:54 PM
No. 2 of their best players on D are out and Garcion is not healthy (didn't play Sunday). If the Gmen are mentally ready to play physical focused football the entire game, we win. RG111 will put up some points but Eli will have a huge game.

PennState1
10-15-2012, 03:55 PM
I bet Wilson puts up points in this one!!

BlueReign
10-15-2012, 03:56 PM
They always play well against the Giants. It'll be a good game. Think the Giants will win though, too much talent.

GMan-67
10-15-2012, 04:05 PM
it's not about scared or the Redskins

it's more the way the NFL is

every week is a new week

i wasnt scared of Cleveland, but down 14-0 i got a bit worried, naturally

the Redskins beat us twice last season, they know our team much better than SF

it will be a totally different game than vs. SF

RG3 is far different than game manager Smith is

now i think we will force RG3 into mistakes and i do think we will be able to exploit some of the Skins D weaknesses, but the game will be determined as most games are by turnovers, special teams, green zone, 4th quarter play, 3rd down conv., etc. and some of those things can be random

Giants5699
10-15-2012, 04:12 PM
They don't play defense. Our offense is every bit as explosive as theirs.

coachbobbyfinst
10-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Their WRs arent great. Maybe not even good.. RG3 has looked good, i think we have to put a spy on him, maybe Kiwi? Cause if he gets in the open field he is pretty electric.
Overall, Defensively I think the Gmen match up nicely with them.
On O, we should be able to shred them. Their D is pretty bad right now!

PennState1
10-15-2012, 04:23 PM
More explosive than theirs! The key for our team going forward is to get off to a good start on O. If we F around and waste opportunities in the 1st quarter like we have in the past we allow the other team to get on their gameplan and gain momentum. I'd really love to see the Gmen start all of our games better in the first quarter on O.

BurnerNYG
10-15-2012, 04:24 PM
I guess I was a little harsh. I liked him a lot last year, then I saw how he reacts when things aren't going well. He's still got a lot to work on throwing the ball. He's got even more growing up to do if he wants to lead an NFL team.He'll grow up... he was just used to winning. Carolina has a lot of building to do before they're competitive and they need a no nonsense coach like Coughlin. Maybe they should bring Dungy out of retirement to fix that defense and for his experience working with Peyton. I'm not trying to turn this thread into a Cam thread but I thought that team would be better this year. BTW, I think we're gonna beat the Skins as well and I know we're not gonna take em lightly. We'll be ready!!

coachbobbyfinst
10-15-2012, 04:30 PM
oh yeah, its payback time!! lets get off the bus like a bunch of crazed dogs!

Diamondring
10-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Giants play aggresive but smart ball.

The_ One
10-15-2012, 04:47 PM
People "HOMERS", this Sunday game with the Skins will be a tough one for us, last year they beat us twice without a legit QB, this rookie QB for the Skins is the real deal, he will be a problem for us and the rest of the division for many years to come, the kid can pass, is smart, and is blazing fast, the only way to contain him is to keep him on the sidelines, and that means our offense has to have some long drives and keep control of the clock. Yes the 49er's victory was fantastic and don't let it cloud your senses, this is going to be a tough DIVISIONAL game, against a well coached football team. For us it is a must win, in a sense that we can not go 0-3 in the division this early in the season.

BillTheGreek
10-15-2012, 05:26 PM

That was last year ! ....what about the 49ers game this past Sunday ....The Niners have been called the Best Team in the NFL, and we beat them ,and not even close..........Our Guys are coming together, Playing as one unit !.......... I see all our games tough.......... But the Red Skins have a Rude awaking coming !

And we will Skin them ! Just like a potato. "GO Giants ! "

TheAnalyst
10-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Same gameplan as Vick and Cam, hit him hard, and hit him plenty. Make sure he knows he is going to pay for running the ball.

berya
10-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Scared? No. Do I think we are going to loose to them next week? No. Can we loose to them next week...? We kind of all (or at least the very large majority LOL) know the answer to that question.

Eliscruzzz
10-15-2012, 06:01 PM
I can't believe the crap I am hearing on this board "are we scared of Washington?"I think they should be scared of us. RG3 has been doing good but let's face it he hasn't played a division game or a defense like ours. People say he's not like Cam but they run the same offensive schemes and we do pretty well against the "option college crap." He also is nowhere near the qb that Aaron Rodgers is, let's see him play for at least a year before we compare him to a league mvp.The Giants will not take them lightly and all they have to do is make RG3 stay in the pocket and read the whole field.He is still a rookie and will have trouble scanning the whole field cause he won't have the time he got in college.The only thing that worries me is their run game if they limit that Giants win this game.

Mohann
10-15-2012, 07:15 PM
I like that our oline is playing better than both times they faced us last year. I think we can confuse Bobby G 3, and make him look like a rookie, but he'll still bust a run on us. It'll be a tough game as usual in the division. We have momentum, but how much. I'd like to get 3 wins in the next 4 games. I dunno why but I think we'll go 2-4 in the division, but win it overall at 12-4. Making the heads of division opponent fans explode.

joemorrisforprez
10-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Yeah, Osi can't be doing what he did in the Eagles game. Gotta keep this guy contained and make him be a pocket passer. Give him confusing zone looks that makes him hesitate with his decision making.

It's gotten to the point that maybe Osi shouldn't even be playing against mobile QB's.

rainierjef
10-15-2012, 07:29 PM
As much as i am a fan of Osi, I agree he should be limited this game on his snaps. I would like to see Ojomo get a couple of snaps, hell i would like to see him get on the field. Tracy did pretty good hope he can contain when he's called upon. Here's hoping conaty comes back this game.

Laurah1275
10-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Oh Please......The only way Washington will scare me is if Romney gets in...............Was that wrong?

BigBlueAllDay
10-15-2012, 08:17 PM
If anyone thinks the Redskins are scary now, then they need a reminder that Halloween is at the END of the month.

pino
10-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Washington dont scare me. The magnitude of this game does. Giants like to play down to competition as we all know all to well.

BParcells777
10-15-2012, 08:26 PM
No these are a new breed of Giants......the 33% infusion of young talent has fundemetaly changed this team from last years team

JJC7301
10-15-2012, 11:21 PM
I worry about any team the Giants play. Who knows what team shows up. Any Sunday anyone can beat anyone.

Were you worried about them last year? Probably not.
+1. This teams dreary ability to "play down" to their less prestigious opponents always worries me. And the 'skins haven't exactly been getting blown out in the games that they've lost.

And whenever it seems like they're in a position to take command of the division over the past few years, they pull the rug out from under themselves. PLUS, they're playing at home and they prefer to play on the road.

They've got some serious injuries on D, so I think this is going to be a shoot-out. I'm not worried about the 'skins WR's, so just contain RGIII.

GMenOnDeck
10-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by Crestor
As a Giants fan, I have loved to watch Rg3. He reminds me of Vick but with the brains. I hope he stays in the pocket this weekend because I seriously do not want him to get hurt. Outside of Eli obviously, I think he is the best QB in the NFCE. Not saying much because Romo/Vick suck.

Final Score: Giants 30 Redskins: 11

-facepalmed-

FlyingTruck
10-15-2012, 11:32 PM
I wasn't afraid of the 49ers. Knew we would win. Not scared of the Skins at all. Should put up a good bit of points on them. Vick had some good runs on us, but nothing major. We were also able to bottle up Cam earlier in the season. As long as our guys stay disciplined he shouldn't be able to beat us with his legs. Let's see if we can get him to commit some rookie mistakes.

bigblue2088
10-15-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm scared of a slow start, we've had a habit of those this year. Don't wanna fall behind too much to a young energized team. Other than that, we're fine

nygiants757
10-15-2012, 11:46 PM
i think we should play him like we did Cam

jomo
10-15-2012, 11:52 PM
No but I was at the home game last year and it was awful. We should be scared. It will sharpen our preparation.

Tj.Tomahawk
10-16-2012, 12:10 AM
U should be scared, very scared. :D

zimonami
10-16-2012, 12:17 AM
Sad, but true. Jpp can't allow himself to be sucked-in, either.
Discipline and patience.

enforcer_upu
10-16-2012, 12:33 AM
RG3 wont last in this league already a concussion this early in the year. Already has blown out his knee once. Telling u guys the reckless way he plays and how they let him get hit, the early years of his career will be his best. Rg3 gets happy feet in the pocket if the ends and LB's contain and Joesph and Canty "Hope he plays" get pressure in his face we will be fine.\

"Happy feet in the pocket"? I'm assuming you haven't seen much of the Skins' this year. He's one of the most poised QB's in the league when under pressure. Week after week, he'll stand still as if he could care less who is around him and deliver a perfect pass. Leading the league in completion percentage and yards per attempt, the guy is a pocket passer despite what anyone will tell you. He just so happens to be a freak athlete to go with it.

enforcer_upu
10-16-2012, 12:42 AM
I also see quite a few comments regarding keeping him in the pocket b/c he'll struggle to read the entire field. I get the feeling some of the posters haven't actually seen him play to realize that he's actually BETTER when in the pocket. Which is crazy, because his QBR on the move is well over 90 I believe.

gmen46
10-16-2012, 01:29 AM

To answer your question---------------NO.

Parademon
10-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Don't care how athletic he is, he's a rookie! Keep him in the pocket all game & make him beat us with his arm, not his legs. Every time he runs the option, the Giants have to level him every single time! He is a runner when they go to the option so no flags should come out cuz roughing the passer is null & void once he commits to running the option. Their D is not good, Eli & the O should score 30+ in this game.

G-men 34-Foreskins 17

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
10-16-2012, 02:01 AM
IM more worried about us then them. As a Giants fan we all know this team at home after a big emotional road win and with all the media probably jumping on board could have 1 of those slow starts we dont recover from.

I only hope the fact they beat us twice is a motivator.

Diamondring
10-16-2012, 02:38 AM
I'm scared of the Giants making mistakes and not trying to put up many points as possible. I think the Giants should try to put up 30 points or more.

shockeyisjesus
10-16-2012, 02:54 AM
I do think one thing going in our favor is our athletic DE's. That and we have tremendous run stopping linebackers in Blackburn and Kiwanuka, even if they are a bit slow, they are strong and finish tackles VERY well.

Boley should be a spy on RG3 all game long. Our athletic DE's need to keep Griffin in the pocket and force him to beat us with his arm and the skins mediocre WR corps instead of letting him and Morris run the ball down our throats the way they just did to Minnesota.

They did beat us twice last year so you'd have to be an idiot not to at least be a little concerned about this game, especially flying all the way back across the country after a physical, emotionally charged game against the second best team in the NFC.

With that said, Coughlin is an EXCELLENT motivator and I think he will remind our men that they got swept by them last year AND we are 0-2 in the division. Hopefully that will be enough to have our guys up for the challenge because have no doubt, the Skins are going to give us a game.

Diamondring
10-16-2012, 03:05 AM
I do think one thing going in our favor is our athletic DE's. That and we have tremendous run stopping linebackers in Blackburn and Kiwanuka, even if they are a bit slow, they are strong and finish tackles VERY well.

Boley should be a spy on RG3 all game long. Our athletic DE's need to keep Griffin in the pocket and force him to beat us with his arm and the skins mediocre WR corps instead of letting him and Morris run the ball down our throats the way they just did to Minnesota.

They did beat us twice last year so you'd have to be an idiot not to at least be a little concerned about this game, especially flying all the way back across the country after a physical, emotionally charged game against the second best team in the NFC.

With that said, Coughlin is an EXCELLENT motivator and I think he will remind our men that they got swept by them last year AND we are 0-2 in the division. Hopefully that will be enough to have our guys up for the challenge because have no doubt, the Skins are going to give us a game.I guess meya idiot cause I'm not worried. Yet I am not going to say that the Giants do not have to play hard.

JPP=BEASTMODE
10-16-2012, 03:24 AM
They should be scared of us...

^This

Riggins44
10-16-2012, 04:36 AM
Greetings. Impressive win over the Niners.

I think this will be a close game. Our defense has been a big dissapointment for us so fa though. Definitely not as good as last years. The fact that we've at least started to limit the back breaking huge plays of late, and the fact that we are pretty familiar with you all, could prove to be beneficial, though we will still give up points, I'm sure. I think turnovers will be key for you all. The saving grace in our abysmal play on defense, is that we are really good at forcing turnovers, and scoring off them.

As for Griffin, he is definitely playing a lot better than I thought he would be. Very efficient, very accurate, very veteran savvy,as crazy as that sounds, and very good on the run. The coaching staff caught a lot of flack from the fanbase from running the option so much, and exposing him to hits, so they've dialed it back considerably, and use it just to keep defenses off balance, and move the chains if necessary. We have been running more of a traditional West Coast style passing game, relying on quick passes, and Griffin's accuracy allowing our receivers to run after the catch. We have proven that we can go deep if necessary, but the consistency just isn't there yet. Our playaction and bootleg game has been very good as well, due to defenses having to temporarily freeze from the threat of our running game.

I think the key for your defense will be to maintain gap integrity in the run game, and not sell out when rushing the passer, as our QB draws have been deadly thus far, and make us very tough in the redzone, and near the goal line. We have also been very good against the bitz for some of those same reasons I mentioned above. Alfred Morris has also been a surprise. He doesn't have great speed, but he is very powerful, has very good vision, and has a lot of wiggle in the hole, very rarely goes down after first contact, and will definitely have to be accounted for. We have a multi-dimensional running game, which has made things a lot easier for Robert. There are three things that have occasionally hindered us though: Penalties, getting out of rythymn, partly due to being on the sidelines for an extended amount of time, due to the defense allowing ridiculously long drives, and being a little predictable at times on certain downs..

If I had to guess, I'd say that it will be a 31-28 type of game, if our D gives us a chance to stay in it, and gets turnovers. If not, and if we are forced to battle uphill all game, then it could get away from us.

BurnerNYG
10-16-2012, 05:01 AM
Good read. I watched RG3 play in the opener and I must say that I was impressed. He definitely seemed like a vet as crazy as that sounds but it's true... very poised and composed out there and the team is rallying behind him.

When it comes to division rivalries we play each other tough. You're defense can mess around and look like the 2000 Ravens vs us and vice versa. It can end up being a defensive game or it can end up being a shootout. Washington should come into this game confident knowing that they beat us twice last year and we should and WILL be ready for that very same reason. Plus we don't wanna go 0-3 in the division... Coughlin is gonna preach that so expect a lot of energy especially from our defense early.

I expect a good game, I should be at the stadium (I'm keeping my fingers crossed) but I think The Giants are gonna be a little too much to handle this go round and we win by 10. This is gonna be a great rivalry for years to come and I believe The Skins are gonna be the #1 or #2 team in the East for the next decade or so. RG3 isn't gonna be like Vick, I believe he's gonna be a better version of McNabb... the one who doesn't choke in big games.

Diamondring
10-16-2012, 05:19 AM
^ThisI have to agree.

Captain Chaos
10-16-2012, 05:51 AM
Any team with a running QB scares me!

Riggins44
10-16-2012, 05:58 AM
Good read. I watched RG3 play in the opener and I must say that I was impressed. He definitely seemed like a vet as crazy as that sounds but it's true... very poised and composed out there and the team is rallying behind him.

When it comes to division rivalries we play each other tough. You're defense can mess around and look like the 2000 Ravens vs us and vice versa. It can end up being a defensive game or it can end up being a shootout. Washington should come into this game confident knowing that they beat us twice last year and we should and WILL be ready for that very same reason. Plus we don't wanna go 0-3 in the division... Coughlin is gonna preach that so expect a lot of energy especially from our defense early.

I expect a good game, I should be at the stadium (I'm keeping my fingers crossed) but I think The Giants are gonna be a little too much to handle this go round and we win by 10. This is gonna be a great rivalry for years to come and I believe The Skins are gonna be the #1 or #2 team in the East for the next decade or so. RG3 isn't gonna be like Vick, I believe he's gonna be a better version of McNabb... the one who doesn't choke in big games.

Yeah, the Vick/Cam comparisons are simply going to be inescapable, for obvious reasons, at least in the short term, however all three are vastly different from each other. Cam is bigger and more powerful, and Vick has more elusiveness, and more burst. RGIII may be able to match Vick in long speed, but that's about it, though he is very dynamic, and (at this point in his career) is far more accurate then either of them were, and are right now, along with being pretty good pre-snap, for a rookie. He drove the Bucs insane a few eeks back, constantly changing up his cadence. He could use it again, to keep your hellish pass rush at bay. He also has the benefit of great tutelage from the Shanahan's.

I do think that the Giants are finally going to be the team that says "We are simply not going to allow you to run the ball" by stacking the box, and forcing us to throw. While I think Griffin is capable of exploiting that, I don't think our line is good enough to protect him from that pass rush for an extended amount of time. Having Garcon will be huge for us, as we are simply a different, and more potent offense with him on the field, in the running game and passing game. It's been fun for me, knowing that the Redskins at least have a shot to be in every game. We simply did not have that last year with Grossman and Beck.

I'm not expecting this team to contend for a Wild Card (a win over you guys may go a long way towards changing that), but I think we can at least be relevant for the entire season, and not be out of it by the end of October like we seem to do consistently, save for '05, '07, and '08.

BurnerNYG
10-16-2012, 06:28 AM
@Riggins44 I think it's good for the division... having a tougher road to make the playoffs can have you more battle tested and better prepared to make a run to the Superbowl. Now when I say similar to McNabb, I didn't mean as far as speed because obviously Griffin is faster. I just think he's gonna spend a good portion of his young career making a lot of plays with his legs but once he matures he's gonna become more of a pocket passer that only scrambles when he sees a lane or a play breaks down. He has a good arm and once they build his protection up a little better, he's gonna use it to his ability. Just my opinion... he's a lot more accurate than Vick and Cam, at least from what I've seen.

BklynBlue
10-16-2012, 08:22 AM
[QUOTE=Manning;535624]I haven't watched them play at all, but from what I can gather is:

I'm nervous to see RGIII running around next week. This is a CRUCIAL NFC East game, we got to beat these teams on our own and stop relying on outsiders to beat the NFC East teams.[/QUOTE

Can you say "**** the bed." Can't take this team (skins) for granted.

bigblue2088
10-16-2012, 08:32 AM

I think this will be a close game. Our defense has been a big dissapointment for us so fa though. Definitely not as good as last years. The fact that we've at least started to limit the back breaking huge plays of late, and the fact that we are pretty familiar with you all, could prove to be beneficial, though we will still give up points, I'm sure. I think turnovers will be key for you all. The saving grace in our abysmal play on defense, is that we are really good at forcing turnovers, and scoring off them.

As for Griffin, he is definitely playing a lot better than I thought he would be. Very efficient, very accurate, very veteran savvy,as crazy as that sounds, and very good on the run. The coaching staff caught a lot of flack from the fanbase from running the option so much, and exposing him to hits, so they've dialed it back considerably, and use it just to keep defenses off balance, and move the chains if necessary. We have been running more of a traditional West Coast style passing game, relying on quick passes, and Griffin's accuracy allowing our receivers to run after the catch. We have proven that we can go deep if necessary, but the consistency just isn't there yet. Our playaction and bootleg game has been very good as well, due to defenses having to temporarily freeze from the threat of our running game.

I think the key for your defense will be to maintain gap integrity in the run game, and not sell out when rushing the passer, as our QB draws have been deadly thus far, and make us very tough in the redzone, and near the goal line. We have also been very good against the bitz for some of those same reasons I mentioned above. Alfred Morris has also been a surprise. He doesn't have great speed, but he is very powerful, has very good vision, and has a lot of wiggle in the hole, very rarely goes down after first contact, and will definitely have to be accounted for. We have a multi-dimensional running game, which has made things a lot easier for Robert. There are three things that have occasionally hindered us though: Penalties, getting out of rythymn, partly due to being on the sidelines for an extended amount of time, due to the defense allowing ridiculously long drives, and being a little predictable at times on certain downs..

If I had to guess, I'd say that it will be a 31-28 type of game, if our D gives us a chance to stay in it, and gets turnovers. If not, and if we are forced to battle uphill all game, then it could get away from us.good post, all your points make sense, should be a great game. I know your oline held its ground last week but we're finally getting Chris Canty back so we should have the advantage there. I'm not gonna say I'm not scared of RG3, anyone who says there isn't is lying, the key would be containing if we can and do what we do on offense, we should walk away with the W

ANON837
10-16-2012, 10:02 AM

This is the NFL. On any given Sunday you can take an L. Doesn't matter who you are playing, you better bring your A game. RG III is a bad boy and can make any defense look bad. As long as the Giants play the way they are capable of playing, they should walk away from Sunday's game with a win. Would I put my life on it? Absolutely not. But the ingredients are there for a victory.

PETEY006
10-16-2012, 10:21 AM
I think if JPP can get a big clean hit on RG3, it can take RG3 out of the game especially since he got a concussion problem now.

enforcer_upu
10-16-2012, 10:50 AM
I think if JPP can get a big clean hit on RG3, it can take RG3 out of the game especially since he got a concussion problem now.

Why does it seem like people are WISHING for him to get hurt? I get that the potential is still there, but you do realize that QB's get knocked out all the time. Just because he's athletic and mobile doesn't mean all he does is run around all day looking to get hit.

Parademon
10-16-2012, 10:54 AM
RG3 will get bent this weekend. Running QBs are not long for this league. Eventually, he will get leveled a few more times & suffer another concussion or 2 and he'll have to learn to be more of a thrower & less of a runner.

Our D is way better than the Vikes D, He's not gonna run crazy on us.

1986Bavaro
10-16-2012, 10:56 AM

If I had to guess, I'd say that it will be a 31-28 type of game, if our D gives us a chance to stay in it, and gets turnovers. If not, and if we are forced to battle uphill all game, then it could get away from us.

Welcome to our boards!

This is the kind of game that will fool a lot of people. Grif is really good and it must be fun for the Washington fans to have him. Having said that, I believe the Giants will win this game by a wide margin. We will spy Grif all game. His quarterback draw play is very predictable. I have called it prior to the snap every time he has run it. Your formation has a tell and if I see it, the Giants coaching staff sees it and will be ready for it.

Look for Grif not to run successfully in this one. Unfortunately he will be on the sidelines before the end of this game. Giants 41 Redskins 10.

GameTime
10-16-2012, 10:57 AM
discilplined defense for the Gmen. They do that and they win......

barran21
10-16-2012, 11:00 AM
We lost to Rex Grossman twice so yeah I am a little worried...

Redeyejedi
10-16-2012, 11:57 AM
\

"Happy feet in the pocket"? I'm assuming you haven't seen much of the Skins' this year. He's one of the most poised QB's in the league when under pressure. Week after week, he'll stand still as if he could care less who is around him and deliver a perfect pass. Leading the league in completion percentage and yards per attempt, the guy is a pocket passer despite what anyone will tell you. He just so happens to be a freak athlete to go with it. I hope he stands in there and gets hit its exactly what I want. He doesnt mind it now but as the season goes on and those hits start to pile and add up we will see what happens.

BurnerNYG
10-16-2012, 01:18 PM
I think if JPP can get a big clean hit on RG3, it can take RG3 out of the game especially since he got a concussion problem now.I don't think JPP is gonna be playing to try to hurt RG3. I don't think the Falcon player tried to hurt him. I hope it's a good clean game on Sunday with nobody getting hurt, some of you guys are unbelievable.

JB456
10-16-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't think JPP is gonna be playing to try to hurt RG3. I don't think the Falcon player tried to hurt him. I hope it's a good clean game on Sunday with nobody getting hurt, some of you guys are unbelievable.

Dude, this is the NFL and not the Balerina Society. Believe it or not, when Qbs run in this league, the defense trys to knock them out of the game. Do you know why? Cause Qbs aren't suppose to run wild and need to think twice when they do it.

Obviously the players aren't trying to end their career but you are out of your mind if you think they aren't trying to knock them out of the game. Why wouldn't they try to pound them if they are presenting their arse like that.

BurnerNYG
10-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Dude, this is the NFL and not the Balerina Society. Believe it or not, when Qbs run in this league, the defense trys to knock them out of the game. Do you know why? Cause Qbs aren't suppose to run wild and need to think twice when they do it.

Obviously the players aren't trying to end their career but you are out of your mind if you think they aren't trying to knock them out of the game. Why wouldn't they try to pound them if they are presenting their arse like that.I just hate for posters to say it. Seems like a lot of fans got a bounty on Griffin's head. I have accepted the fact that QB's need to be more patient and use their arm instead of running around trying to do too much. Although it's exciting these warriors in the NFL will put you on your back when they get the opportunity. BTW, with all these rule changes, are you sure this isn't the ballerina league?

BeatYale
10-16-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm nervous about the game simply because we lost to them twice last year.

GiantGremlin
10-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Speaking of the Redskins, any update on the hefty fine they will be forced to pay for the way they handled the whole RG3 concussion ordeal?

Last I checked, both the Giants and Redskins are in top 5 for PPG so this could potentially be a shootout but I could see the defense stepping up and blanketing their receivers.

I was thinking the same thing, Giants will probably have to outscore them in a shootout to win

ny06
10-16-2012, 02:05 PM
BurnerNYG

Don't lie, you have a Robert Griffin III jersey somewhere in your closet

BurnerNYG
10-16-2012, 02:11 PM
BurnerNYG

Don't lie, you have a Robert Griffin III jersey somewhere in your closetLol, nah I got a rookie authentic Manning that I need to get signed and framed though. Wasn't you rooting for Tebow last season? Probably still is... secretly now because he's a Jet.

ny06
10-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Lol, nah I got a rookie authentic Manning that I need to get signed and framed though. Wasn't you rooting for Tebow last season? Probably still is... secretly now because he's a Jet.
Tebow? You must have mistaken me for no one.

BurnerNYG
10-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Tebow? You must have mistaken me for no one.Yeah right. There was a bunch of posters on this board rooting for Tebow last year. Some went as far as calling Brady the Anti-Christ. You sure you wasn't standing with the Tebow bunch?

ny06
10-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Yeah right. There was a bunch of posters on this board rooting for Tebow last year. Some went as far as calling Brady the Anti-Christ. You sure you wasn't standing with the Tebow bunch?
I can tell you with 100% confidence that I was not one of the Tebow supporters. I'm actually an opposer.

dezzzR
10-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Tebow? You must have mistaken me for no one.lmao

TuckandRolle
10-16-2012, 02:47 PM
RG3 should scare anyone. He is the REAL deal. Put points on the board, hope garcon misses the game, and stop RG3 from leaving the pocket. We do those, we come away with a W.

JB456
10-16-2012, 03:00 PM
I just hate for posters to say it. Seems like a lot of fans got a bounty on Griffin's head. I have accepted the fact that QB's need to be more patient and use their arm instead of running around trying to do too much. Although it's exciting these warriors in the NFL will put you on your back when they get the opportunity. BTW, with all these rule changes, are you sure this isn't the ballerina league?

I get what your saying about people acting classless and routing for injuries. Personally, I hope nobody gets injured and we beat teams at full strength.

Also, LMAO - they are pusifing the league with as these rule changes.

G.I. Ants
10-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Last year skins for some reason had our number. The improved this year with a young dynamo at QB so I give the Giants the edge. Big blue needs this game.

rebelfan1966
10-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Considering we have not beat a divisional rival yet this season.... and we are favored to win.... yes, I am concerned about this game.

rxc999
10-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Yes...RGIII is a threat..We cant afford to lose this one...gotta come out firing in this one.

thegiantsrule10
10-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Yes

OX1
10-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Scared?? At this rate, he will be out of the NFL in 2 years. 5 games in, first concussion already.

BurnerNYG
10-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Scared?? At this rate, he will be out of the NFL in 2 years. 5 games in, first concussion already.I hope not.

PETEY006
10-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Why does it seem like people are WISHING for him to get hurt? I get that the potential is still there, but you do realize that QB's get knocked out all the time. Just because he's athletic and mobile doesn't mean all he does is run around all day looking to get hit.

hey if he gets hurt, i'm not going to be mad ;)
I'm not wishing injury on him either. Hopefully he'll shoot himself in the foot if you know what i mean..

sc_markt
10-16-2012, 07:09 PM

I'm worried. I always worry when the Giants play, even when I am fairly certain that they are the much better team.

I think we should run the ball down their throats. This will keep R2D2 off the field more and we won't have to worry about him as much. I'd like to see more Brown and Wilson along with Bradshaw.

BillTheGreek
10-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Yes.

They're young a young team who's been winning a couple games looking to make a huge statement. You can bet they'll be fired up about this game. The Giants better not sleep on them. RGIII is the real deal. Kid is gonna be a star and a thorn in our side for a long time.

Hey we play them twice a Year.....Sunday we will see who's getting the THORN.................If He Keeps running like that, he will not be playing QB long, You will have every D Player in the League, gunning for him ! Remember one thing the BIGGER They are the Harder they Fall ! .................Enjoy the Game Sunday !

Go Giants Skin them !

fansince69
10-17-2012, 12:50 PM
ON paper and in my head?.....NO........from experience? ...YES very much........
1) nfc east is always a battle
2) mobile qbs seem to give us fits
3)we have a tendency to play down to lesser opponents
4) any one see our 2 games with Washington last year?

BillTheGreek
10-18-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm nervous about the game simply because we lost to them twice last year.

That was last year !

RoanokeFan
10-18-2012, 09:54 AM
desciplined defense is a MUST..... we will score points. Also no mistakes. Make the Skins fight an uphill battle. +1

Morehead State
10-18-2012, 09:57 AM
ON paper and in my head?.....NO........from experience? ...YES very much........
1) nfc east is always a battle
2) mobile qbs seem to give us fits
3)we have a tendency to play down to lesser opponents
4) any one see our 2 games with Washington last year?

I tend to disagree with your opinion of our struggling against mobile QB's. We have actually owned mobile QB's since we've had Fewell as our DC. He likes to play with DB's facing the QB in cover 2, instead of having their backs to the QB in our old press coverage.
Vick, Smith and Newton have all struggled against us.

egyptian420
10-18-2012, 09:59 AM
As BoneCrusher would say: I AINT NEVER SCARED!!

Sanntee31
10-18-2012, 11:02 AM
I tend to disagree with your opinion of our struggling against mobile QB's. We have actually owned mobile QB's since we've had Fewell as our DC. He likes to play with DB's facing the QB in cover 2, instead of having their backs to the QB in our old press coverage.
Vick, Smith and Newton have all struggled against us.

I never thought about this point and you are 100% right M.S. Dope observation!!

MrDenmark
10-18-2012, 12:57 PM
I think it will be close. We will give them some easy points early and then get control of them later in the game. Could be one of those Eli 400 yards games.

We ought to smash 'em thou

DaKraken
10-18-2012, 02:33 PM
With our Giants every game scares me rather than any one team - they can look like the best in the league as they did last week vs the Niners or as bad as week1 vs the 'Boys. Hoping that they bring the energy from SF home this weekend and get that divisional win - losing another one at this point would have serious consequences.