PDA

View Full Version : No more criticism of this team

Coach Carter
10-15-2012, 01:55 PM
The Giants are a great team. We have a HOF qb, head coach and offensive coordinator, also our defensive coordinator is excellent. I hated Gilbride years ago and I was not the biggest fan of Eli. Now all I do is sit back and enjoy this magical era of Giants football that I may never experience again.

This is heaven, a stud qb, and a roster loaded with talent means plentiful opportunities at winning multiple superbowls. I wish others would do the same.

nhpgiantsfan
10-15-2012, 01:58 PM
It is a great time to be a Giants fan. But they still have a tendancy to make things difficult on themselves. It would be nice to see them just dominate a season one of these years. Kind of like the started out doing in 2008.

crossouttheeyes
10-15-2012, 01:59 PM
This team thrives off criticism. I hope they keep getting it piled on.

Toadofsteel
10-15-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm still calling him Killdrive if he does something monumentally stupid like he does every now and then...

Buddy333
10-15-2012, 02:00 PM
My only beef with this team right now is consistency.

nhpgiantsfan
10-15-2012, 02:01 PM
This team thrives off criticism. I hope they keep getting it piled on.

After yesterday, you are going to see a lot less criticism. After beating up on the so called best team in the NFC, everyone is going to start picking us now. TC won't be able to use the no respect theme anymore.

Diamondring
10-15-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm still calling him Killdrive if he does something monumentally stupid like he does every now and then...How about when offense scores? What are you going to call him then.

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 02:11 PM
The Giants are a great team. We have a HOF qb, head coach and offensive coordinator, also our defensive coordinator is excellent. I hated Gilbride years ago and I was not the biggest fan of Eli. Now all I do is sit back and enjoy this magical era of Giants football that I may never experience again.

This is heaven, a stud qb, and a roster loaded with talent means plentiful opportunities at winning multiple superbowls. I wish others would do the same.

Good luck with this :rolleyes:

Toadofsteel
10-15-2012, 02:19 PM
How about when offense scores? What are you going to call him then.

Eli

:P

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 02:25 PM
that same old cliche applies here, about you're never as good as your last win, as bad as your last loss, blah blah blah.

What i do take away from the 49er game:

3rd game in a row where the offensive line played really really well. Its for real now.

Defense is improving, still not great despite the 49er game, but certainly improving.

We're starting to get guys back, which should only help us.

This team is not beyond criticism, but it should be beyond the stupid little nit-picky stuff that we fans usually spend our time on.

joemorrisforprez
10-15-2012, 02:29 PM

As fans, I think we can still criticize the team when we think we see something that doesn't make sense.

However, I think sometimes we need to think before we speak....and this includes myself. I really thought Bradshaw was the problem a couple weeks ago, for example.

And in the past, I've been critical of Jerry Reese during free agency and the draft....in particular, Baas, Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, Brandon Jacobs, Manningham, Aaron Ross, Jernigan, etc., etc.

I'm sure I'll jump the gun again about something the next time they lose.

But if were a rational man, I probably wouldn't like football at all.

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 02:31 PM
As fans, I think we can still criticize the team when we think we see something that doesn't make sense.

However, I think sometimes we need to think before we speak....and this includes myself. I really thought Bradshaw was the problem a couple weeks ago, for example.

we're all guilty of that in one form or another.

personally, i've stopped second guessing this coaching staff when it comes to evaluating talent on this team (lots of other stuff to pick on, but that one is hands off IMHO).

time and time again they've proven they know what their doing 100% of the time.

i've finally learned my lesson.

joemorrisforprez
10-15-2012, 02:34 PM
we're all guilty of that in one form or another.

personally, i've stopped second guessing this coaching staff when it comes to evaluating talent on this team (lots of other stuff to pick on, but that one is hands off IMHO).

time and time again they've proven they know what their doing 100% of the time.

i've finally learned my lesson.

I don't know if I've learned my lesson, but I've come to accept that my position - sitting on a couch - doesn't grant me divine wisdom on how to run this team.

The one thing I don't think I'll ever shake is my criticism following a loss to the Eagles. But this is such a nice Monday, I'm not going to go any further down that road.

Flip Empty
10-15-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm still calling him Killdrive if he does something monumentally stupid like he does every now and then...
I don't understand this. The Giants have one of the best offenses in the league, yet you still hate on it?

joemorrisforprez
10-15-2012, 02:38 PM

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever shake that habit, either.

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 02:39 PM
I don't know if I've learned my lesson, but I've come to accept that my position - sitting on a couch - doesn't grant me divine wisdom on how to run this team.

The one thing I don't think I'll ever shake is my criticism following a loss to the Eagles. But this is such a nice Monday, I'm not going to go any futher down that road.

LOL !!!!

That was a judgement call, and while i'll side with the coaching staff on that one, you can obviously make a case for another strategy, so that's fair game IMHO.

It was never cut and dry in my eyes. there's alot of content out there about how head coaches can overthink things with how fast, complicated, and analyzed their jobs have become. Coughlin over or under thought that one.

harbaugh proved that yesterday. 50 yard completion to Moss and the next play you bring in 'ink sleaves' to try some stupid broken trick play. i'd be losing my mind if i were a 49er fan.

joemorrisforprez
10-15-2012, 02:41 PM
LOL !!!!

That was a judgement call, and while i'll side with the coaching staff on that one, you can obviously make a case for another strategy, so that's fair game IMHO.

It was never cut and dry in my eyes. there's alot of content out there about how head coaches can overthink things with how fast, complicated, and analyzed their jobs have become. Coughlin over or under thought that one.

harbaugh proved that yesterday. 50 yard completion to Moss and the next play you bring in 'ink sleaves' to try some stupid broken trick play. i'd be losing my mind if i were a 49er fan.

Absolutely....I was thinking the exact same thing.

dezzzR
10-15-2012, 02:47 PM

This is heaven, a stud qb, and a roster loaded with talent means plentiful opportunities at winning multiple superbowls. I wish others would do the same.Lets not start sucking each other off just yet. The defense is still inconsistent. Lets win a few more games before we start crowning ourselves.

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Lets not start sucking each other off just yet. The defense is still inconsistent. Lets win a few more games before we start crowning ourselves.

so i should get up off my knees then? :D

giantsforce
10-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Lets not start sucking each other off just yet. The defense is still inconsistent. Lets win a few more games before we start crowning ourselves.It is this inconsistency that drives most of us crazy. We know that this team can be the most donimating team in the NFL and yet it is the inconsistency that makes us wonder which team will show up at the next game. And this goes for coaching and players alike. Brilliant moves and plays in one game and bonehead in the next. Sorry that I am not willing to stand for mediocrity when I know this team can be the greatest ever. We have the talent, we have the tools, so why do we have to have our backs to the wall to respond? Great win this was and I hope we will build on it and not sit on it as we have done lately.

Coach Carter
10-15-2012, 03:11 PM
it should be beyond the stupid little nit-picky stuff that we fans usually spend our time on.

That is what I mean, it is sports so they will make mistakes and will lose games, but that does not mean that Eli sucks or Gilbride needs to be fired.

Eli will throw bone head interceptions, Rolle will miss tackles and continue to take bad angles when he is the single high safety, Betty will give us sacks and Bradshaw will fumble. The fans just need to accept it as sport.

I have never witnessed a Giants team this loaded since the beginning of free agency.

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 03:16 PM
That is what I mean, it is sports so they will make mistakes and will lose games, but that does not mean that Eli sucks or Gilbride needs to be fired.

Eli will throw bone head interceptions, Rolle will miss tackles and continue to take bad angles when he is the single high safety, Betty will give us sacks and Bradshaw will fumble. The fans just need to accept it as sport.

I have never witnessed a Giants team this loaded since the beginning of free agency.

same.

we've NEVER had a QB like this. Not in my 40 yrs anyway.

like i said in another thread, i'm literally starting to worry about what we're going to do in a few more years. He's 32. He's got more years behind him than he has ahead.

GMan-67
10-15-2012, 03:38 PM
i love when the village idiots trash the team and it's players ... i might respond as if i dislike it, but if we all just sang kumbaya all day that would get old

and a great thing this season is that when they single out some players, those players have great games

Bradshaw, Barden, Hixon, Beatty, Prince, Chase, Kiwi, etc.

but to me being negative is a real cop out ... it is so much easier to be negative ... as good of a franchise as we are ... we still only have won 4 out of 46 ... or around 9%

so the negative fans that hedge their bets will be right in 91% of our seasons ... we win and they buy a new giants jersey, we lose and they go I TOLD YOU SO !!!!

Cloud57
10-15-2012, 03:42 PM
When you're too optimistic they have a 2nd half collapse or don't make the playoffs, when you criticize, they win superbowls

OrangeGiant
10-15-2012, 04:08 PM
What people tend to forget is how hard it is to win a SB, let alone 2 in a row. A lot of things have to go right to win just one. Rarely, if ever, is the team that won the SB the same team the following year. Players sign with other teams, retire, or whatever. Look at the Giants from last year to this year- Jacobs, Manningham, Ballard (a really key loss IMO), all gone. Now I think we have the talent and quality depth to win it again, but there is no guarantee. It's not the same TEAM. That TEAM came together and did something special last year and you can't discount that. This team may be more talented and have better depth with guys like Barden and Randle, and Wilson and Brown who have all played great, the oline being shuffled around and now starting to gell, but it's no guarantee they will win the SB.

People forget that and tend to criticize too early (like last year) before letting the season play out. Did anyone think when this team was 7-7 last year they were winning the SB? If you say yes you are lying. The sky is the limit with this team, but there are no guarantees they will even get to the SB, let alone win it. Too many things can happen, or not happen. There is a reason it's been almost 10 years since NE won back to back. I don't put anything past this team anymore, not after 2007 ans last year. You just never know what is going to happen and I've learned not to judge or criticize and let things play out.