PDA

View Full Version : Gratz from a Niners fan....

Marvin49
10-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Hey Giants fans...

I hate it when peeps come onto another teams forum and then disappear when their team loses. So, Here I am to offer gratz on the big win.

That one was ROUGH. LOL. I'm not gonna roll out the "The Niners Beat themselves" line, but it certainly looked like the Giants got off the bus angry and the Niners were looking to take a nap.

The Giants beat them in just about every phase yesterday. Here's hoping the Niners get another shot at the G-Men in the playoffs.

Giants5699
10-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Hey Giants fans...

I hate it when peeps come onto another teams forum and then disappear when their team loses. So, Here I am to offer gratz on the big win.

That one was ROUGH. LOL. I'm not gonna roll out the "The Niners Beat themselves" line, but it certainly looked like the Giants got off the bus angry and the Niners were looking to take a nap.

The Giants beat them in just about every phase yesterday. Here's hoping the Niners get another shot at the G-Men in the playoffs.

May your team continue to lose to everyone but NFC East teams and the Jets.

Marvin49
10-15-2012, 02:07 PM

LOL.

GameTime
10-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Cool......thanks for the props. I was on the Niners board all week (erutherford) and I said I would be back if we lost. Well.....I went back anyway. No gloating though just some good natured fun.
Its only one game. I am sure both teams will be in the playoffs......

TheEnigma
10-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Cool of you to come back to the board and give props. You were one of the more respectable 49ers fans so I expected you to do your thing. Don't take this the wrong way but I think it's been revealed that the 49ers just aren't a come-from-behind team if they play anyone with a good defense. You guys just need to get back to smashmouth football and stop with all the cute Kaepernick gadget plays against serious teams lol.

I expect to see the 49ers in the playoffs!

Marvin49
10-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Cool of you to come back to the board and give props. You were one of the more respectable 49ers fans so I expected you to do your thing. Don't take this the wrong way but I think it's been revealed that the 49ers just aren't a come-from-behind team if they play anyone with a good defense. You guys just need to get back to smashmouth football and stop with all the cute Kaepernick gadget plays against serious teams lol.

I expect to see the 49ers in the playoffs!

Well...I agree and disagree at the same time. They had 4 come from behind wins last year, but that does seem to be the trend this year. I agree about the Kaep thing. It was too little too late, but when Moss got the long pass they might have had something...if they didn't bring in Kaep to get sacked for an 11 yard loss on the next play.

Harbaugh/Roman are very inventive and have great football minds, but they can sometimes get too cute and shoot themselves in the foot. I saw alot of the latter yesterday.

Kruunch
10-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Hey Giants fans...

Happens to the best of us (our Saints game last year).

Makes for a fun rebuilding of an old rivalry :D

GMan-67
10-15-2012, 03:09 PM
thanks man, way to stand up ... i know you cant think this way now, but this game might help you in the long run ... guys might stop listening to the media hype and go to work

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 03:32 PM
the response from 9er fans after this loss has been far more mature than the last one.

takes alot of class to come back.

hopefully you're seeing that, for the most part, the fans of this franchise are pretty classy too.

i don't think we saw the best that the 49ers have to offer yesterday.

regardless, good luck for the rest of the season.

stay healthy.

nhpgiantsfan
10-15-2012, 03:37 PM
the response from 9er fans after this loss has been far more mature than the last one.

takes alot of class to come back.

hopefully you're seeing that, for the most part, the fans of this franchise are pretty classy too.

i don't think we saw the best that the 49ers have to offer yesterday.

regardless, good luck for the rest of the season.

stay healthy.

Mrvin49 aside, they are more mature this time because the can't talk about back up punt returner fumbling twice. When you get beat like they did yesterday, there is nothing to say. And incidently, there are some fans on the 49er webzone saying that Jacobs is still a Giant and that he shared the playbook with Bradshaw...

Rudyy
10-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Your Niners are a great football team, but they are still flawed.
Hopefully, your coaching staff can make adjustments.

Diamondring
10-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Well...I agree and disagree at the same time. They had 4 come from behind wins last year, but that does seem to be the trend this year. I agree about the Kaep thing. It was too little too late, but when Moss got the long pass they might have had something...if they didn't bring in Kaep to get sacked for an 11 yard loss on the next play.

Harbaugh/Roman are very inventive and have great football minds, but they can sometimes get too cute and shoot themselves in the foot. I saw alot of the latter yesterday.Yo Marvin, I maybe didn't really know if the Giants were going to beat the 49ers but I know damn well if we lose, we won't get blown out and we would score a good amount of points.

Diamondring
10-15-2012, 03:45 PM
I would like to say to the 9er fans that it was close at the beginning and it could have gone any way.

Toadofsteel
10-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Hope everything works out for you guys. Keep in mind that you're still a 4-2 team. How the 49ers react in the coming weeks will show a lot about the team they've built up...

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Well played gints, perhaps the Niners can give you a better game if their path crosses the gints in the post-season.

Great win.

Marvin49
10-15-2012, 04:25 PM
thanks man, way to stand up ... i know you cant think this way now, but this game might help you in the long run ... guys might stop listening to the media hype and go to work

I can only hope you're right, but that was SUPPOSED to be the Vikings game. LOL!!

Marvin49
10-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Yo Marvin, I maybe didn't really know if the Giants were going to beat the 49ers but I know damn well if we lose, we won't get blown out and we would score a good amount of points.

As I stated last week, I never expected a blowout. I thought it would be a tough game.

The Niners were actually doing very well through the first 15 minutes and were dominating the statsheet in everything but the score. Something happened after that first Alex Smith INT tho. All of the sudden the Niners couldn't stop Eli. All of the sudden they couldn't move the ball. It then just slowly disintegrated and kept getting worse with every possession. Its like the Niners just melted. I haven't seen that happen since 2010 under Singletary.

The Giants had alot to do with the meltdown as they were applying the heat, so don't take it as "the Niners beat themselves", but they made ALOT of mistakes that I haven't seen them make since Harbaugh took over....in particluar the 3 INTs ftom Alex. He hadn't even thrown 2 in a game since 2010. He had only thrown 8 of them in his last 32 starts (counting playoffs).

Weird Mojo.

BillTheGreek
10-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Hey Giants fans...

Marvin Where were YOU ? I Liked Busting you ! I Warned you about Superman ! lol * I did not know he was coming with all that help ! Man what a First Quarter, you had me worried !
Take care !

Marvin49
10-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Marvin Where were YOU ? I Liked Busting you ! I Warned you about Superman ! lol * I did not know he was coming with all that help ! Man what a First Quarter, you had me worried !
Take care !

LOL. Where was I? Sitting on my couch watching my 70' TV being very, very silent with a stunned look on my face.

No slam on the Giants as they won it handily, but that wasn't the Niners out there yesterday. I dunno what happened. They've been punched in the mouth before and they usually respond. They didn't yesterday.

BillTheGreek
10-15-2012, 05:17 PM
LOL. Where was I? Sitting on my couch watching my 70' TV being very, very silent with a stunned look on my face.

No slam on the Giants as they won it handily, but that wasn't the Niners out there yesterday. I dunno what happened. They've been punched in the mouth before and they usually respond. They didn't yesterday.

Marv...........The Giants have the same issues, some time, so don't feel Bad...........I think we have the same record as of now.?? 4 and 2. I haven't looked . Lets hope Our Teams make it to the Play Offs ! And we meet again ! Then I will be really concerned ! ( Did I spell "concerned " Right ! lol ) But that's Football !

Take Care !

BParcells777
10-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Marvin, I realize I drove you nuts but it was all in fun. I enjoyed our jousts and you personally did not lose anything

Come back anytime you want to talk football.......I'm sure we will lose a few more before this is all over, and you can console us in return.

PS- I still have no idea what you were talking about with all those run schemes from Mars LOL

Marvin49
10-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Marvin, I realize I drove you nuts but it was all in fun. I enjoyed our jousts and you personally did not lose anyhing

Come back anytime you want to talk football.......I'm sure we will lose a few more before this is all over, and you can console us in return.

PS- I still have no idea what you were talking about with all those run schemes from Mars LOL

Well....thats because you didn't see any of them. They abandoned the run for some reason. Gore was going for over 4 yards per carry, Hunter had a good gainer.....and then Alex threw that first INT, The Giants marched for their first score and then Niners completely abandoned the run. Totally against character. No idea what they were thinking or what happened.

BParcells777
10-15-2012, 05:32 PM
We have some big boys on D

If they know you are just going to pull a Woody Hayes, they will stop you cold. You have to mix it up and throw on 1st and 2nd downs sometimes to beat us.

I thought Manningham was doing well the few times you went to the west coast offense.....you guys did invent it you know....some guy named Bill Walsh

red&goldbear
10-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Every team has an off day but the 'Big Blue' sure looked convincing on sunday. Just remember, WE ARE STILL HERE and we will get another shot at the Giants in the playoffs. It's not like the Giants haven't had an off day or they woud be 6-0 and not 4-2 just like the 49ers!

Diamondring
10-15-2012, 05:43 PM
You all know why I know the 49ers weren't going to stop the Giants from scoring a lot of points? Well in the games against weak opponents, they scored points and our Giants still put up a lot of points.

Diamondring
10-15-2012, 05:48 PM
As I stated last week, I never expected a blowout. I thought it would be a tough game.

The Niners were actually doing very well through the first 15 minutes and were dominating the statsheet in everything but the score. Something happened after that first Alex Smith INT tho. All of the sudden the Niners couldn't stop Eli. All of the sudden they couldn't move the ball. It then just slowly disintegrated and kept getting worse with every possession. Its like the Niners just melted. I haven't seen that happen since 2010 under Singletary.

The Giants had alot to do with the meltdown as they were applying the heat, so don't take it as "the Niners beat themselves", but they made ALOT of mistakes that I haven't seen them make since Harbaugh took over....in particluar the 3 INTs ftom Alex. He hadn't even thrown 2 in a game since 2010. He had only thrown 8 of them in his last 32 starts (counting playoffs).

Weird Mojo.I think that if Alex would have took his time and move about on one of those ints to Roll our safety, Alex could have had positive yards and maybe even had a good chance to score but he threw the ball right Roll. There was another pass that went deep to one of your receives and our db Prince int the ball. Now that was on your receivers cause of the way he jumped for the ball. I forgot who is his name. I also was suprised that not too many passes went to your backs and did Davis came out of some of his blocks? That would have helped a lot

Marvin49
10-15-2012, 05:53 PM
I think that if Alex would have took his time and move about on one of those ints to Roll our safety, Alex could have had positive yards and maybe even had a good chance to score but he threw the ball right Roll. There was another pass that went deep to one of your receives and our db Prince int the ball. Now that was on your receivers cause of the way he jumped for the ball. I forgot who is his name. I also was suprised that not too many passes went to your backs and did Davis came out of some of his blocks? That would have helped a lot

That was the first INT I was talking about. The receiver was actually a TE, Delanie Walker. Alex misread the coverage on the play.

BParcells777
10-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Well sometimes a team needs a good wake up call.........If that does not wake you guys up to the fact your not invincible, nothing will

Hey we lost to the gang who could not shoot straight- The Cowboys.......how do you think that felt?

mike kennedy
10-16-2012, 12:35 AM

That's great!

mike kennedy
10-16-2012, 12:36 AM
That was the first INT I was talking about. The receiver was actually a TE, Delanie Walker. Alex misread the coverage on the play.

Actually we knew all the offensive plays thanks to Brandon.

giantsfan420
10-16-2012, 01:19 AM
i forget which poster it was but there ws a sf fan here saying smith is actually the qb with the higher ceiling and eli had hit his and was declining lol and he said eli would throw 2 or 3 picks iirc...was that u marvin?

Captain Chaos
10-16-2012, 04:59 AM
Hope you get another shot as well, hopefully we will be at full strength!

Marvin49
10-16-2012, 01:27 PM
i forget which poster it was but there ws a sf fan here saying smith is actually the qb with the higher ceiling and eli had hit his and was declining lol and he said eli would throw 2 or 3 picks iirc...was that u marvin?
DEFINITELY not me.

BillTheGreek
10-16-2012, 01:46 PM
DEFINITELY not me.

Marvin is All right in my Book ! ............I would Like him to be an Honorary Giant Fan, When we are not playing the 49ers !

GO Giants

Rusty192
10-16-2012, 01:49 PM
yeah marv, stick around. we already have our resident packer fan so some new blood would be nice.

Marvin49
10-16-2012, 02:00 PM
yeah marv, stick around. we already have our resident packer fan so some new blood would be nice.

;-)

YATittle1962
10-16-2012, 02:02 PM

speaking of resident rival fans

where the hell has Bastian been ?

Rusty192
10-16-2012, 02:59 PM
speaking of resident rival fans

where the hell has Bastian been ?HoagieBastian ;)

BParcells777
10-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Yeah Marvin, please do stick around. Hoagie got banned.....I have no idea what he did or said....I enjoyed his banter

I guess he lost it one day......We also have Professor Crue our resident polite Dallas fan (a contradition in terms, I realize).....Crue has less and less to say though. We might have to blow another game to the Boys to keep Crue around- NOT

BParcells777
10-16-2012, 03:34 PM
I guess Reid's next move is to trade Vick to SFO and play the rookie........I would take Alex Smith as a Back up any day

CowboysSuck
10-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Hey Giants fans...

What does "gratz" mean? im lost

Rudyy
10-16-2012, 04:46 PM
What does "gratz" mean? im lost Congratulations.

Rusty192
10-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Congratulations.In metro speak. :P

jomo
10-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Your Niners are a great football team, but they are still flawed.
Hopefully, your coaching staff can make adjustments.It is a little late in the season to remove a flawed QB. Still they are one of the 5 or so best teams in the NFL and certainly capable of a deep run in the playoffs.At that point anything is possible.

Rudyy
10-17-2012, 12:02 AM
It is a little late in the season to remove a flawed QB. Still they are one of the 5 or so best teams in the NFL and certainly capable of a deep run in the playoffs.At that point anything is possible. I don't think it's just the QB though.