PDA

View Full Version : Classic Giant Trap Game

Riverboat76
10-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Whenever we start feeling great about the Giants they usually play their worst. The Giants should beat the Redskins by 14 points, and that is a conservative number. The Giants have all the motivation: already 0-2 in the division, Skins beat the Giants twice last year, plus the Skins D has been a siv.

As far as I'm concerned this is a must-win for the Giants. It may sound silly to say, but 0-3 in the division and 4-3 overall are places this team doesn't want to be, especially when it gets down to playoff tie-breaker time. The Giants have a chance to put distance between themselves and the rest of this division and I will be terribly dissappointed if they blow it.

ashleymarie
10-15-2012, 05:22 PM
I feel more concern over the Skins game than I do the Pies game. Mainly because of III and his ability to not be contained.

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 05:26 PM
i would usually agree with you, and still fear this a bit, but to be honest we lost to these guys twice last year.

i don't think we'll be 'down' for this game.

but its a divisional game, we're not winning by 14.

Riverboat76
10-15-2012, 05:32 PM
The Skins have exactly one dynamic player on offense in RG3. He's great but they should be able to scheme for him, maybe similar to what they did for Cam Newton. Otherwise they are average at the reciever positions, especially with Garcon is banged up, Morris is more of a grinder than a game-breaker. Defensively, with Orakpo out, who really scares you? Again, the Giants should dominate on both sides of the ball.

Riverboat76
10-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Looking at the Skins, I just don't see how they win this game. Of course I was saying the same things last season and we lost twice to Rex Grossman, so anything is possible.

CDN_G-FAN
10-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Looking at the Skins, I just don't see how they win this game. Of course I was saying the same things last season and we lost twice to Rex Grossman, so anything is possible.

if we don't contain RG3 they win pretty easy.

BMW
10-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Screw the deadskins, we will destroy them!!!

Drez
10-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Just a question for the OP: How the hell can any division game be a trap game?

Riverboat76
10-15-2012, 05:38 PM
if we don't contain RG3 they win pretty easy.

That's the only way it happens. RG3 goes off for 200 passing yards and 100 rushing yards or something like that. And if I know it, then I would hope the Giant coaches know it. Of course we all know the words "run containment" and "Osi" typically don't go in the same sentence so...

Buddy333
10-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Trap game is a myth.

Riverboat76
10-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Just a question for the OP: How the hell can any division game be a trap game?

Oh please. Do you think the Texans are up at night worrying about Jacksonville because they are in the same division? It's a trap game because the Giants will be heavily favored. It's a trap game because the Giants are obviously the better team and SHOULD have no problem winning. But these are the games the Giants usually lose.

Drez
10-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Oh please. Do you think the Texans are up at night worrying about Jacksonville because they are in the same division? It's a trap game because the Giants will be heavily favored. It's a trap game because the Giants are obviously the better team and SHOULD have no problem winning. But these are the games the Giants usually lose.
Whether or not they're up all night worrying about the Jags, they know that it's a divisional game and important. And I'm sure if the Jags beat them twice last season with Rex Grossman as their QB, they'd know to not take the game very lightly.

egyptian420
10-15-2012, 06:33 PM
i would usually agree with you, and still fear this a bit, but to be honest we lost to these guys twice last year.

i don't think we'll be 'down' for this game.

but its a divisional game, we're not winning by 14.Took the words right out of my mouth. Not only did they sweep us last year, but they're a division rival and they've actually been playing good football lately. Not at all a trap game, our guys know they'll have their hands full.

giantsforce
10-15-2012, 06:46 PM
I feel more concern over the Skins game than I do the Pies game. Mainly because of III and his ability to not be contained.Looking at the 79 yarder that he pulled against the Vicking, I think even Eli would have run at least for half of that. The Vikings were blitzing from the sides and they had all 8 on a straight line at the line of scrimmage. Once he got past the line of scrimmage there was no one to tackle him. Even Killdrive's draw play would have worked in that situation. With a QB as mobile as RG3 and Vick and Newton, you have to have you fastest LB back there to spy just for that reason. Knowing Fewell, I think his scheme of not blitzing too much and dropping LB's an even DT's into coverage may not allow RG3 to run as free as he did with the Vikings. We did a great job against Newton and Vick for the most part. My only concern is Osi overpursuing and breaking edge containment. That's were RG3 speed will kill us.

GameTime
10-15-2012, 07:25 PM
if the Giants D plays disciplined they win.....

Flip Empty
10-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Does every game need to be called a "trap" game? No such thing. Any game can be lost.

NYG 5
10-15-2012, 08:11 PM
can't be a trap game because Rex Grossman isn't playing

BlueReign
10-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Trap game is a myth.
It is a phenomenon that exists and it needed a label. It was thus labeled "trap game". Therefore, trap games exist.

Captain Chaos
10-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Any given Sunday, but they beat a pretty good Viking team. If you bottle up RGIII then you can take them down. Best thing is to keep him off the field!