PDA

View Full Version : Pink Gear

offingmoot
10-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Ayone else notice no player in the 49er giant game wore anything pink?
Each playr instead had a pink ribbon decal on the back of their helmets.
I saw in other games players wearing the usual pink shoes, gloves, towels.
I also saw a commercial that they are auctioning the pink gear.
Do they have less players wearing it so it becomes a little more rare to drive value up a little?

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Ayone else notice no player in the 49er giant game wore anything pink?
Each playr instead had a pink ribbon decal on the back of their helmets.
I saw in other games players wearing the usual pink shoes, gloves, towels.
I also saw a commercial that they are auctioning the pink gear.
Do they have less players wearing it so it becomes a little more rare to drive value up a little?

It's probably left up to each team to how to show siupport for Breast Cander Awareness as they see fit.

Astorian
10-15-2012, 06:42 PM
What color are they going to wear for Prostate Cancer Awareness?

yoeddy
10-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Every time they wear pink, it makes me think I need to adjust my TV because the reds are washing out...

Toadofsteel
10-15-2012, 06:59 PM

Eagles green...

SweetZombieJesus
10-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Eagles green...

No, that's colon cancer awareness

offingmoot
10-15-2012, 09:19 PM
It's probably left up to each team to how to show siupport for Breast Cander Awareness as they see fit.

Since they started wearing pink in October a few years ago, i was pretty sure that every team participated for every game of october.
This was clearly decided before the game that neither team would use any pink gear

mike kennedy
10-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Would of loathed to see a brilliant lavender magenta jersey lightly snugged in Chrysantheum harvest gold pants with maybe a cerulean teal striping going down the side of the pant leg finished off with a sparkly helmet of the same color. That would be most scrumptious.

Captain Chaos
10-16-2012, 05:02 AM
Would of loathed to see a brilliant lavender magenta jersey lightly snugged in Chrysantheum harvest gold pants with maybe a cerulean teal striping going down the side of the pant leg finished off with a sparkly helmet of the same color. That would be most scrumptious.

OK you are entirely too good at this!!!!!

GMan-67
10-16-2012, 05:19 AM
well in their defence you have to be careful in San Fran to not send the wrong message ;)

Cool Papa B.
10-16-2012, 05:53 AM

Blue is the color.

EliDaMANning
10-16-2012, 10:50 AM
All this pink really annoys me. I can understand doing it for a week but an entire month is a bit too extreme. Trying really hard to win over the female population

Rat_bastich
10-16-2012, 10:52 AM
All this pink really annoys me. I can understand doing it for a week but an entire month is a bit too extreme. Trying really hard to win over the female population

I hope that was supposed to be in red font....at least that last part.

It's for a very good cause that hits home with alot of us.

EliDaMANning
10-16-2012, 10:58 AM
It's a very good cause so why not wear pink for the entire year to make it even better?

NYFG
10-16-2012, 11:09 AM

Yes showing support, raising awareness and raising money for one month for Breast Cancer Patients/Survivors/Victims is wayyy to extreme.

Astorian
10-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Yes showing support, raising awareness and raising money for one month for Breast Cancer Patients/Survivors/Victims is wayyy to extreme.

There are thousands of good causes. Why is this one singled out for special treatment? The answer of course is that this particular cause is politically correct because it confers 'victim status' on women. In other words, the subliminal message is that men should be made to feel guilty for their presumed insensitivity to the supposed unjust treatment that women receive, not only from men, but also from a cruel 'fate' that punishes women disproportionately.

Let's face it: the sight of grown men prancing around like fairies in pink shoes is hardly edifying.

NYFG
10-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Let's face it: the sight of grown men prancing around like fairies in pink shoes is hardly edifying.

I thought you had to be 13 or older to sign up for this board, did they revoke that rule or are you incredibly insecure with your masculinity?

EliDaMANning
10-16-2012, 01:10 PM
I thought you had to be 13 or older to sign up for this board, did they revoke that rule or are you incredibly insecure with your masculinity?Why did you single out that sentence and conveniently ignore everything else he said?

LOL but he does have a point. They do look like big fairies.

ny06
10-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority of this, but I'm to busy watching the game to care what color their shoes or gloves are.

NYFG
10-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Why did you single out that sentence and conveniently ignore everything else he said?

LOL but he does have a point. They do look like big fairies.

The only thing that matters on the players' uniform is the NY on the helmet.

YATittle1962
10-16-2012, 01:46 PM

win over the female population?

yeah cause breast cancer only affects females right?

some people just do not think before posting

Giants5699
10-16-2012, 01:50 PM
I think the wearing pink thing is idiotic. Just put the stupid bow on the back of the helmet and call it a day.

YATittle1962
10-16-2012, 01:53 PM
I think the wearing pink thing is idiotic. Just put the stupid bow on the back of the helmet and call it a day.

yeah supporting breast cancer awareness and raising money to help treatment and finding a cure is so stupid

stop being so idiotic NFL

SMH

drewz
10-16-2012, 02:06 PM
There are thousands of good causes. Why is this one singled out for special treatment? The answer of course is that this particular cause is politically correct because it confers 'victim status' on women. In other words, the subliminal message is that men should be made to feel guilty for their presumed insensitivity to the supposed unjust treatment that women receive, not only from men, but also from a cruel 'fate' that punishes women disproportionately.

You're wrong. There is no conspiracy to make men feel more guilty. The NFL doesn't give a damn about breast cancer, but showing support brings in a ton of women demographics. It's all about the money

Giants5699
10-16-2012, 02:07 PM
yeah supporting breast cancer awareness and raising money to help treatment and finding a cure is so stupid

stop being so idiotic NFL

SMH

Do what everyone else does. Put a ribbon on something and don't screw with the uniforms. People die. Breast cancer sucks.
But if they want to endorse something, why not wear some unifying color to support the crippled NFL vets and brain injury research. That seems like a more relevant and less disruptive thing to do to a uniform. Maybe just a pink wristband would do. but making everything pink is just annoying.
May as well start doing what European sports clubs do and just allow for advertising on uniforms.

YATittle1962
10-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Do what everyone else does. Put a ribbon on something and don't screw with the uniforms. People die. Breast cancer sucks.
But if they want to endorse something, why not wear some unifying color to support the crippled NFL vets and brain injury research. That seems like a more relevant and less disruptive thing to do to a uniform. Maybe just a pink wristband would do. but making everything pink is just annoying.
May as well start doing what European sports clubs do and just allow for advertising on uniforms.

people die huh?

people also survive thanks to awareness and money raised for treatment

.....and what each player wears is up to them.....there is no requirement whatsoever

many of these players are directly affected by this and want to show their support

but it is such a huge inconvenience to fans like you to look at it during a game that is played in a mere month dedicated to the awareness of this horrible disease that it should be done away with ?

I applaud the players for their courage to draw attention to the cause

sorry it's so "annoying" .....deal with it ....it isn't going anywhere

offingmoot
10-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Im sorry i started something.....
Nobody has really responded to my initial question.....are only some games gonna have pink?
Did the giants and 9ers decided for a good reason not to wear it?

EliDaMANning
10-16-2012, 07:35 PM
win over the female population?yeah cause breast cancer only affects females right?some people just do not think before posting Hey genius, stop putting words in my mouth. Some people just do not read before posting.

YATittle1962
10-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Hey genius, stop putting words in my mouth. Some people just do not read before posting.

I read every word you said and responded accordingly and appropriately

you sounded quite ignorant to be frank

mike kennedy
10-16-2012, 11:28 PM
OK you are entirely too good at this!!!!!
Actually it's a good cause sponsored by the NFL. Mom passed away in 89 by the disease at 52. I think women feel alot of support by the display showed at these games and know that we are all with them through the long haul.
Lets beat this thing!

greenca190
10-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Guys, stop bickering. A majority of the money generated through this doesn't even go towards research, anyways.

YATittle1962
10-17-2012, 12:02 AM
Guys, stop bickering. A majority of the money generated through this doesn't even go towards research, anyways.

not true

where the league does "cover costs" by using terms like "net proceeds" they do contribute a majority of the proceeds to the American Cancer Society and A Crucial Catch campaign

The numbers the league has provided are that, since 2009, the sale of pink merchandise has raised more than $3 million for the American Cancer Society. That’s roughly $750,000 per year. Or roughly $23,500 per team.

not a whole lot to a for a league that generates billions.....but still more than most corporations in the world

greenca190
10-17-2012, 02:47 AM
not true

where the league does "cover costs" by using terms like "net proceeds" they do contribute a majority of the proceeds to the American Cancer Society and A Crucial Catch campaign

The numbers the league has provided are that, since 2009, the sale of pink merchandise has raised more than $3 million for the American Cancer Society. That’s roughly $750,000 per year. Or roughly $23,500 per team.

not a whole lot to a for a league that generates billions.....but still more than most corporations in the world

All you listed was actual money that they donated, not money that they received, then divvied up, then donated.

I know through my mother, who has worked with american red cross for nearly thirty years, that they use on average 65 percent of donated money towards the business, with the remaining going towards the actual relief effort. Call centers, offices, etc. don't pay for themselves. And, in most cases, the bigger the organization, the more money they will need to keep it going. But also, the more donations they most likely receive.

Certainly, any effort is appreciated by victims, of course. But let's not kid ourselves here. The NFL isn't doing this just for kicks.

FlyingTruck
10-17-2012, 04:07 AM
Yes showing support, raising awareness and raising money for one month for Breast Cancer Patients/Survivors/Victims is wayyy to extreme.I'm against what it has become. It's just become "sell as many pink items as we can and make money off of it" month. I've read that a lot of families who have ended up losing loved ones to breast cancer hate the month because it reminds them of their loss. Imagine, every time they see the pink ribbons or any other pink items..has to suck. Then you have people who have went through other types of cancer, yet they get no recognition. Breast cancer isn't even the deadliest cancer. Not only that but it's STRICTLY focused on only the female form of breast cancer. I know, I know, the numbers can't even compare. But truth of the matter is that males can and do get it. I'm not saying that 40k women dying from it every year isn't a big deal, it is. But like I already said, it just seems like it's more about PINK than the actual issue itself.

/rant. Also I hope my post doesn't offend anyone. This is just strictly my opinion on the matter.

a4gmen
10-17-2012, 04:19 AM

Let's face it: the sight of grown men prancing around like fairies in pink shoes is hardly edifying. Well said Astorian.