PDA

View Full Version : Domenik Hixon

BrianK01
10-15-2012, 08:59 PM
#87 has been playing outstanding. Some on the boards thought he should be cut this year. Two acl surgeries and he is showing no ill effects from them. Makes a ton of clutch catches and makes losing Manningham a non issue. I am grateful the organization was smart enough to keep him around. When players under perform board members are quick to start a bash thread so I just wanted to post up a positive thread because he has been a great contributor on offense.

gmen0820
10-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Very impressed by Hixon. I was expecting close to nothing from him, but he has been a warrior this year. I even picked him up on my fantasy team, which is one of the highest honors a player in the NFL can earn, behind NFL MVP, and maybe First-Team AP.

slipknottin
10-15-2012, 09:03 PM
I still cant understand why he has to turn back to the ball to catch it though. He is completely unable to look in a ball over his shoulder.

bigblue2088
10-15-2012, 09:06 PM
all of are receivers have been playing great, when someone went down someone else always stepped up. now it's time for Jernigan!

rtr1105
10-15-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm loving Hixon. Some of the catches he has made have been unbelievable.

Flip Empty
10-15-2012, 09:10 PM
all of are receivers have been playing great, when someone went down someone else always stepped up. now it's time for Jernigan!
If he gets in it means multiple players have been injured.
He can stay on the sideline.

GiantVibes
10-15-2012, 09:13 PM
If Cruz is Eli's security blanket, Hixon is his safety snuggie...

...or something :confused:

Cloud57
10-15-2012, 09:21 PM
I noticed that Nicks didn't look great out there although he made some nice catches. We definitely need him at full strength.

gmen0820
10-15-2012, 09:24 PM
I still cant understand why he has to turn back to the ball to catch it though. He is completely unable to look in a ball over his shoulder.It looks much cooler, doing a 180 and falling on your back, while maintaining possession.

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 09:25 PM
I still cant understand why he has to turn back to the ball to catch it though. He is completely unable to look in a ball over his shoulder.

I could be wrong, but if he had kept running on that one yesterday the throw would have been short

slipknottin
10-15-2012, 09:29 PM
I could be wrong, but if he had kept running on that one yesterday the throw would have been short

Oh probably, he just does it on every play he gets a ball deep. Its just a weird thing to see.

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Oh probably, he just does it on every play he gets a ball deep. Its just a weird thing to see.

I was impressed that he had the presence of mind to keep his left hand under the ball. He does make some pretty acrobatic catches though

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 09:41 PM
I noticed that Nicks didn't look great out there although he made some nice catches. We definitely need him at full strength.

Even as a decoy, Nicks is worth his weight in gold

ashleymarie
10-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Maybe locating the ball ahead of time is his safety snuggle.

Captain Chaos
10-15-2012, 09:55 PM

Probably worried about dropping the ball, got a couple of strong receivers breathing down his neck!

RoanokeFan
10-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Probably worried about dropping the ball, got a couple of strong receivers breathing down his neck!

Does he really look like he's worrried about dropping the ball ?

GiantRoc
10-15-2012, 10:54 PM

The ball was to his outside shoulder. He did that so he would not take his eye off the ball. He also said he thought the ball was floating and though he would over run it. He slightly misjudged it, but still made the catch. He's playing well. I just wish he would shave that thing off his chin.

Gimaniac
10-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Its just great to see Hixon perform like he did against a great defense like that.

After his multiple injuries, I really never thought he could perform at that level.

The catch where he cupped the tip of the ball with his hand to keep it off the ground was money.

Kez Simpson
10-15-2012, 11:09 PM
He catches the damn ball! Why are we worried about over the shoulder, something I'm sure he is able to execute. He catches it consistently something we didn't get from Manningham. Hixon is a definitely an upgrade over Mannigham in the hands department, better route runner, and makes better adjustments on the ball in the air. Eli clearly trust him with the deep ball and he has yet to let him down. When Nicks gets healthy, its gonna get insane in the air.