PDA

View Full Version : Bennet is looking good

Diamondring
10-16-2012, 03:03 AM
Is our KG giving Bennett some crossing routes? I would like him to come out of his blocks. Is KG having him do this?

giantsfan420
10-16-2012, 03:14 AM
when we go up against teams that have good front 4's/7's, it seems KG asks Bennett to help in protection. I've noticed he has this little staple of helping in protection and then releasing for a delayed check down route. also bennett has been used, he's just had a couple of quiet games. quiet doesnt mean bad. it just means he's doing things a casual fan won't pick up on, ie playing hurt and toughing it out, helping tremendously with our run game from last to 6th, and to help keep eli upright and go downfield.
then u factor in he has had at least 3 catches a game iirc, 3 tds, including some clutch ones...he's been awesome for us. i believe he may have abreak out game vs wash

giantsfan420
10-16-2012, 03:15 AM
and yes, he's running crossing routes as well as out routes, curls, drags, seam routes, corner routes, post routes, 7 routes, we've even lined him up at wr...guy is a tough beast

miked1958
10-16-2012, 05:14 AM
when we go up against teams that have good front 4's/7's, it seems KG asks Bennett to help in protection. I've noticed he has this little staple of helping in protection and then releasing for a delayed check down route. also bennett has been used, he's just had a couple of quiet games. quiet doesnt mean bad. it just means he's doing things a casual fan won't pick up on, ie playing hurt and toughing it out, helping tremendously with our run game from last to 6th, and to help keep eli upright and go downfield.then u factor in he has had at least 3 catches a game iirc, 3 tds, including some clutch ones...he's been awesome for us. i believe he may have abreak out game vs washi agree on all counts

Diamondring
10-16-2012, 05:17 AM
when we go up against teams that have good front 4's/7's, it seems KG asks Bennett to help in protection. I've noticed he has this little staple of helping in protection and then releasing for a delayed check down route. also bennett has been used, he's just had a couple of quiet games. quiet doesnt mean bad. it just means he's doing things a casual fan won't pick up on, ie playing hurt and toughing it out, helping tremendously with our run game from last to 6th, and to help keep eli upright and go downfield.
then u factor in he has had at least 3 catches a game iirc, 3 tds, including some clutch ones...he's been awesome for us. i believe he may have abreak out game vs washThat is nice and his production is still looking good even after being quiet. How many yards you think he will be able to get? I think he has slightly over 200 yards receiving and 3 tds.

Marvelousmik
10-16-2012, 05:50 AM
then u factor in he has had at least 3 catches a game iirc, 3 tds, including some clutch ones...he's been awesome for us. i believe he may have abreak out game vs wash

I have to agree. Hes a big physical presence and you can tell when he catches a pass. It usually takes 2 people to bring him down. surprisingly i havent paid much attention to how well he blocks but i would imagine hes doing a damn good job

Captain Chaos
10-16-2012, 05:52 AM
I hope they get him more involved!

CDN_G-FAN
10-16-2012, 08:28 AM
again, guys keep looking at bennet as a receiving target first.

don't fool yourself for a second that its a coincidence that our running game is coming back to life the same year that we've got one of the NFL's best blocking TEs.

Let's give our collective heads a shake.

If he doesn't catch another ball this whole season, he will have contributed more to this offense than boss and ballard combined.

to be able to run the ball, ESPECIALLY in the red zone, it going to be worth so much more than 50 rec 600 yds and a few TDs.

Mercury
10-16-2012, 08:51 AM

don't fool yourself for a second that its a coincidence that our running game is coming back to life the same year that we've got one of the NFL's best blocking TEs.

If he doesn't catch another ball this whole season, he will have contributed more to this offense than boss and ballard combined.

to be able to run the ball, ESPECIALLY in the red zone, it going to be worth so much more than 50 rec 600 yds and a few TDs.

Amen, I say to you.

RoanokeFan
10-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Every now and then, we acquire a player I call. a sleeper. Bennett is all that and more.

SLUNK(three)AM
10-16-2012, 09:36 AM

100% agree

DaKraken
10-16-2012, 10:12 AM
he's been great...nuff said

Diamondring
10-16-2012, 10:30 AM

to be able to run the ball, ESPECIALLY in the red zone, it going to be worth so much more than 50 rec 600 yds and a few TDs.I don't believe that a lot of people think he is a receiving te first. I know you read the post and a lot of posters know he came to the Giants as a blocking te. Yet they also think that he can be a good threat at receiving. I made this post cause of how well he is catching balls and he could contribute more if he can keep on being a receiving threat. I good blocking te is nice but if that man can be more of a threat at receiving and blocking, oh boy and he is only 25 years old to. Damn.

BlueMonstaahhs
10-16-2012, 10:39 AM
I agree, we all know he was brought in to be a blocking tight end and improve the run game, but he has showed some flashes of great hands and route running as well. The good thing about him being known as a "blocking TE" is that if he runs a quick route after a chip block then he is being effective in both situations and its very hard for a defense to plan for that type of thing with a player as athletic as he is. I definitely think we will see more of him in the passing game as the season progresses.

Diamondring
10-16-2012, 11:13 AM
I agree, we all know he was brought in to be a blocking tight end and improve the run game, but he has showed some flashes of great hands and route running as well. The good thing about him being known as a "blocking TE" is that if he runs a quick route after a chip block then he is being effective in both situations and its very hard for a defense to plan for that type of thing with a player as athletic as he is. I definitely think we will see more of him in the passing game as the season progresses.You sure not lyiin.

JB456
10-16-2012, 01:35 PM
100% agree

Bennett is an awesome blocker. If he didn't catch one more pass this year and continued to perform how he has with his blocking responsibilities, I would be a happy man.

CDN_G-FAN
10-16-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't believe that a lot of people think he is a receiving te first. I know you read the post and a lot of posters know he came to the Giants as a blocking te. Yet they also think that he can be a good threat at receiving. I made this post cause of how well he is catching balls and he could contribute more if he can keep on being a receiving threat. I good blocking te is nice but if that man can be more of a threat at receiving and blocking, oh boy and he is only 25 years old to. Damn.

i know he can be a receiving threat.

but he doesn't have to be in order to be a near essential piece of this offense.

a good blocking TE to this team is alot more than 'nice'.

EliDaMANning
10-16-2012, 02:08 PM
I expect him to be used more in the passing game when the playoffs roll around. Then he'll get that big contract and bounce.

YATittle1962
10-16-2012, 02:32 PM
I hope they get him more involved!

if by more involved you mean catching the ball you have to realize that in this offense the TE first responsibility is to protect the passer and he is plenty involved in that

he will get his targets .....but against a front like the 49ers he will be in max protect more than not

BillTheGreek
10-16-2012, 03:19 PM
GREAT ASSET !

Diamondring
10-16-2012, 06:35 PM
i know he can be a receiving threat.

but he doesn't have to be in order to be a near essential piece of this offense.

a good blocking TE to this team is alot more than 'nice'.You take a good blocking te but I'll take Bennett who is a good blocker and a valuable receiver. Those type of tes are more than nice.