PDA

View Full Version : Giants prep for Washington's new weapon

RoanokeFan
10-16-2012, 07:43 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...cB0Vl7iK7NuHlM (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/rg_to_tango_Znu8Y6ascB0Vl7iK7NuHlM)

Excerpt: "tís the rocket arm and the jet legs and the captivating smile and the dangling braids and the Jordan-esque swagger on the field and the humility off it. Long after Eli Manning stops being an elite quarterback, long after Tom Coughlin retires, it is a good bet Robert Griffin III will be the scourge of the NFC East, the Giantsí worst nightmare. They better get him now, before he has it all figured out.

Itís the hope the young franchise quarterback brings to his franchise and to his region that makes everyone believe all things are possible. And sometimes you know it when you see it for the very first time. Broadway knew it as soon as it saw Joe Namath. Miami knew it as soon as it saw Dan Marino. Indianapolis knew it as soon as it saw Peyton Manning and now Andrew Luck.

ďI think weíre just scratching the surface of how good he can be,Ē Fox NFL analyst John Lynch told The Post.For the championship-starved Redskins fans in and around the nationís capital, Griffin isnít merely a breath of fresh air. He is oxygen, resuscitating a proud tradition." Read more...

SLUNK(three)AM
10-16-2012, 08:00 AM
I'm excited to see how our team handles Griffin III. He is a threat, but I'm also sure he can't do it alone. The Redskins seem to have rallied with this guy - and am expecting an intense game. We lost twice last year to the Skins so I disagree with everybody who thinks this is a sure win.

There are no sure wins in the NFL.

RoanokeFan
10-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Whi said it's a sure win?

SLUNK(three)AM
10-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Just talking in general terms.

RoanokeFan
10-16-2012, 08:23 AM
No one who has been a Giants' fan for any length og time should believe that.

gfanblue
10-16-2012, 08:25 AM
They don't have anyone to throw to. With the way the giants defense has been playing I'm not worried.

B-Red22
10-16-2012, 08:31 AM
No one who has been a Giants' fan for any length og time should believe that.

^ This, beat me to it RF

B-Red22
10-16-2012, 08:32 AM
They don't have anyone to throw to. With the way the giants defense has been playing I'm not worried.

Garcon is still going to be out I think right?

RoanokeFan
10-16-2012, 08:39 AM
They don't have anyone to throw to. With the way the giants defense has been playing I'm not worried. I absolutely think were going to win. I just don't believe any game is a sure win

rtahsin
10-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Theme of the game: Contain

Gimaniac
10-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Running QBs never really last is this league. He's more a flash in the pan than a Redskin savior.

Not that he won't have a good game this week.

The Redskins have had our number with Rex at QB, so I am glad we don't have to see him anymore.

BJacobs aka The Problem
10-16-2012, 09:15 AM
I wonder if we see J. Williams out there at LB for a lot of this game.

enforcer_upu
10-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Running QBs never really last is this league. He's more a flash in the pan than a Redskin savior.

The Redskins have had our number with Rex at QB, so I am glad we don't have to see him anymore.

Flash in the pan? That has to be a joke...

TheAnalyst
10-16-2012, 09:23 AM
RG3 will be a tough QB to contain, but so is Vick, Romo, Cam, Rodgers, Smith ect.... RG3 could be a great QB one day, but not if he keeps running the ball the way it is going. He will be very Vickish in his game consistancy.

Riggins44
10-16-2012, 09:24 AM

With all due respect, we have plenty of people to throw to. With Garcon being in and out of the lineup, Griffin's kind of spread the ball around to multiple targets. They aren't all that heralded, but they can do more than get the job done. It's just hard for fans of other teams to see that because our run game has been working so well, so we haven't had to air it out a ton.

We have a considerably fast receiving corps. And they are all good after the catch. They all bring a different element to the game. Garcon is our best receiver. He obviously isn't a big name guy, but he is pretty darn good, and underrated. Fast, tough, great route runner. I don' think he's going to play though, which will hurt us. Josh Morgan, Moss (in a reduced role, but still effective, and explosive if left unchecked) Leonard Hankerson, Aldrick Robinson, and Brandon Banks (in a trick play-gadget role) can make some plays. And Fred Davis is a very capable TE.

We obviously don't have as good a core as you guys do, but ours could be one to pay attention to as the season goes on, the more Griffin grows into his position, and the more teams start to force him to pass.

GameTime
10-16-2012, 09:37 AM
I love how the NFL makes some of thes enew guys out to be the next impossible player to beat or have any chance to game plan around.
Not taking anything away from RG111 but come on. The guy is good and will most likely get better but he wont be unbeatable....
The D has to be disciplined. If the do that the Giants win.

Parademon
10-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Theme of the game: Contain

Contain ...and bring the pain!

Toadofsteel
10-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Contain ...and bring the pain!

Lets hope that Kiwi gets DE snaps over Osi...

Signature NYG
10-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Theme of the game: ContainThis x1000000000000

Flip Empty
10-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Must be an incredibly large pan. Griffin is going to be a pain for many years to come.

Gimaniac
10-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Flash in the pan? That has to be a joke...

Sorry Redskin fan, enjoy it while it lasts.

GameTime
10-16-2012, 11:43 AM

last in the league or not he will be on the field this Sunday and thats what matters. They have to play disciplined defense. If they do that they will win.

Gimaniac
10-16-2012, 11:45 AM
last in the league or not he will be on the field this Sunday and thats what matters. They have to play disciplined defense. If they do that they will win.

Which part of "Not that he won't have a good game this week." was confusing to you.

GameTime
10-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Which part of "Not that he won't have a good game this week." was confusing to you.
take it easy Bro....I am not confused at all. I wasnt dogging you. geeze......

Gimaniac
10-16-2012, 11:54 AM
take it easy Bro....I am not confused at all. I wasnt dogging you. geeze......

It's all good.

I think BobG3 is playing well right now & will be a serious challenge, but the Giants are starting to gel as a team.

Took Vernon Davis out of the game last week, that was huge.

GameTime
10-16-2012, 11:57 AM
It's all good.

I think BobG3 is playing well right now & will be a serious challenge, but the Giants are starting to gel as a team.

Took Vernon Davis out of the game last week, that was huge.

yeah....if the hold their gaps on D and be really disciplned then they win. I feel the Giants O will score plenty.
Giants prob wont blitz much but a few well timed stunts could prove to be game changers.

giantsforce
10-16-2012, 12:16 PM
yeah....if the hold their gaps on D and be really disciplned then they win. I feel the Giants O will score plenty.
Giants prob wont blitz much but a few well timed stunts could prove to be game changers.Although I am not a big fan of Fewell, I have to say that his schemes for mobile QB's work very well. He knows how to design a defense to make the mobile QB beat us with his arms. After all that's what all the great QB's like Eli, Brady, Brees, Rogers do. They do not beat you by running around the field. The key to it will be Osi staying in his place and containing the edge without over-pursuing RG3 because he does not have the speed to catch him. RG3 is fast but if you do not give him a lane to run, he cannot use his speed. If you look at the 70+ yards that he run for the TD against the Vikings, they were having everyone at the line of scrimmage and they were an all out blitz. One good block and he was gone.

BurnerNYG
10-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Although I am not a big fan of Fewell, I have to say that his schemes for mobile QB's work very well. He knows how to design a defense to make the mobile QB beat us with his arms. After all that's what all the great QB's like Eli, Brady, Brees, Rogers do. They do not beat you by running around the field. The key to it will be Osi staying in his place and containing the edge without over-pursuing RG3 because he does not have the speed to catch him. RG3 is fast but if you do not give him a lane to run, he cannot use his speed. If you look at the 70+ yards that he run for the TD against the Vikings, they were having everyone at the line of scrimmage and they were an all out blitz. One good block and he was gone.Obviously you don't watch Rodgers much. Give Rodgers a lane, he'll take off. Some of you guys comments be having me rooting for the so called scrambling QB.

rtahsin
10-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Sure he is a running qb but the kid can actually throw. The DEs need to maintain their edge. So I think that if they try to make inside moves against the tackles, they might get trapped or over-pursue and that's going to create a huge lane (refer to Osi). You guys think might use a LB to spy on him?

rxc999
10-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Same strategy on how we defend Vick...contain in the pocket...i think fewell will design a good game plan to keep him in da pocket..and not get out.

TheEnigma
10-16-2012, 04:47 PM
I like the Giants chances in this game. We have huge momentum leaving SF and since we lost to the Skins twice last year, I don't see the Giants sleeping on Sunday and instead, they will be focused and prepared to not allow RG3 to have his running lanes. I'm more worried about RG3 against us in the long term. Unlike Vick and Newton who everyone loves to compare RG3 to, he's actually intelligent inside of the pocket and can evolve into a better pure passer and defense reader.

GMan-67
10-16-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm excited to see how our team handles Griffin III. He is a threat, but I'm also sure he can't do it alone. The Redskins seem to have rallied with this guy - and am expecting an intense game. We lost twice last year to the Skins so I disagree with everybody who thinks this is a sure win.

There are no sure wins in the NFL.

no rationale fan is thinking sure win, i guarantee that ... .that's not how this league works

now you may have posters that are irrationale and go to the extremes all the time saying that, but they dont count

as a diehard, as much as i throughly enjoyed beating SF ... at the end of the day, all it meant was 4-2 instead of 3-3 and back to work ... nothing that happened vs. SF will help us this week ... it's an entirely new challenge

having said that, i do think our D-line will be an eye opener for RG3 .... i remember hearing Brady say during SB46 that throwing vs. our D-line was like throwing in a forest and Brady is 6 inches taller than RG3, but naturally if RG3 gets out of the pocket, then that isnt a factor

the Skins have frustrated our O in the past, but im not sure they have the horses to do that right now ... could be high scoring ... take the OVER

BillTheGreek
10-16-2012, 05:32 PM
OK Giants >>>>>>>> SKIN Those POTATO'S

nesarebad
10-16-2012, 07:54 PM
having said that, i do think our D-line will be an eye opener for RG3 .... i remember hearing Brady say during SB46 that throwing vs. our D-line was like throwing in a forest and Brady is 6 inches taller than RG3, but naturally if RG3 gets out of the pocket, then that isnt a factor

Haha, you think RGIII is 5'9"? Are you confusing him with Vick?

miked1958
10-16-2012, 08:16 PM
We need to remember that even with the success he has already had he is still a rookie. And need to rattle him like we did Alex Smith and force him into mistakes

BigBlue1971
10-16-2012, 08:20 PM
its all about RG3 down here! noone else is hardly mentioned! someone said the other day he could run for mayor and win!

the skins depend on him too much imo! he has taken over the offense but is their only weapon. the way he plays he wont have a career like say Eli!

hes wreckless and wants to show his toughness!

the Giants have already played Cam and Vick so designing a plan to minmize 3 and out should not be a problem!

Flip Empty
10-16-2012, 08:31 PM
having said that, i do think our D-line will be an eye opener for RG3 .... i remember hearing Brady say during SB46 that throwing vs. our D-line was like throwing in a forest and Brady is 6 inches taller than RG3,
He can just do it Brees-style

http://i.imgur.com/YTCie.png

nesarebad
10-16-2012, 08:38 PM
He can just do it Brees-style

http://i.imgur.com/YTCie.png

Over 2 inches taller than Brees...

Flip Empty
10-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Over 2 inches taller than Brees...
It's called a joke...

dave56dj
10-16-2012, 11:57 PM
There is no doubt RG3 is a extremely talented guy and will win many games in the NFL - that said he is absolutely reckless with his own body and already incurred one concussion in his first 5 games. The guy will eventually have to play smarter otherwise he simply will not make it for a full NFL career. I do not wish that on him at all - just a reality of this league.

Riggins44
10-17-2012, 12:11 AM
There is no doubt RG3 is a extremely talented guy and will win many games in the NFL - that said he is absolutely reckless with his own body and already incurred one concussion in his first 5 games. I agree. It's kind of been a continuous discussion for us around town. I was initially devastated after the hit he took against ATL, as it reminded me of the hit Trent Green took a few years back, and looked like a season ender for sure. In the designed run department, the teams dialed it down considerably, and he's been safer when he's kept it, but he's just way too fearless. I love that about him, but it's just one of those things that he'll have to be careful at managing in the future, in some of those "Do or die" situations. The last player that I felt was anywhere near Griffin's level of talent, at a single position, was Sean Taylor, and I do not want to see another sitation where a potentially great, young player has his career cut short due to injury, or worse

dave56dj
10-17-2012, 01:34 AM
Sean Taylor was a great talent but I still think he pales in comparison to RG3 for many reason - the most obvious is simply the position. A great safety can certainly effect a D (polamalu, Reed, Wilson) but the QB position can change the team for a decade. Also good news that RG3 doesnt have the off field issued taylor did.

I watched RG3 against the vikes and the TD run was absolutely fearless - the short draw - not the long one. But it was a play just like that which is gonna get him hurt. Again i have no ill will toward RG3 and I am aware he will also kill teams with his amazing athleticism and fearlessness but I also thing it could be his undoing.

Captain Chaos
10-17-2012, 04:54 AM
I think RGIII will get his yards, he just needs to be punished when he does. But I think our O is to potent for this team, they have the 32nd ranked passing D in the league (psst I think that is a Giant's strength)...

BillTheGreek
10-17-2012, 08:46 AM
There is no doubt RG3 is a extremely talented guy and will win many games in the NFL - that said he is absolutely reckless with his own body and already incurred one concussion in his first 5 games. The guy will eventually have to play smarter otherwise he simply will not make it for a full NFL career. I do not wish that on him at all - just a reality of this league.

He was WARNED ! Not to RUN with the Ball !

GameTime
10-17-2012, 08:55 AM
He was WARNED ! Not to RUN with the Ball !
I dont think so. He was told to slide and or get out of bounds. You did the 76 yarder he ripped off right??

The Kid can pass and the Kid can run. The Giants need to play very disciplined on defense.

Buddy333
10-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Yeah he can do both but I don't think he has the weapons to throw to. Also, I think with Prince and Hosely healthy they are in good shape. Just don't let him run. Contain him like they have done in the past with Vick. They know how to do it.

GameTime
10-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Yeah he can do both but I don't think he has the weapons to throw to. Also, I think with Prince and Hosely healthy they are in good shape. Just don't let him run. Contain him like they have done in the past with Vick. They know how to do it.

thats it....disciplined D......
they do that they will win....

BillTheGreek
10-17-2012, 09:09 AM
I dont think so. He was told to slide and or get out of bounds. You did the 76 yarder he ripped off right??

The Kid can pass and the Kid can run. The Giants need to play very disciplined on defense.

WHEN I SAID : He was WARNED ! Not to RUN with the Ball ! / IT WAS ME SAYING THAT ! LOL