PDA

View Full Version : No Doubts Anymore: Giants are one of the NFL's best

RoanokeFan
10-16-2012, 03:18 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/10/no-doubts-anymore-giants-are-one-of-nfls-best

Excerpt: "The Giants proved they are one of the best teams in the NFL on Sunday and a definite threat to repeat as Super Bowl champions. But thatís not just because they hammered the 49ers in San Francisco.

Itís because they found yet another way to win.

That, to me, is the most interesting thing about these Giants, one year after Eli Manning carried them on his back for almost the entire season. Sure, they can win that way again. Just look at his comeback win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. But they also showed they could beat you on the ground, as evidenced by their win over the Cleveland Browns when Ahmad Bradshaw ran for 200.

On Sunday in San Francisco, it was the defenseís turn. On a day when Manning didnít even throw for 200 yards, the Giantsí defense absolutely dominated a team that had put up 1,000 yards and 79 points in his previous two games. Iím sure there have been better defensive performances by this unit in the last five years, but this one has to be in the Top 5, I would think. They forced three interceptions by a quarterback who had thrown six in his previous 21 games. They held the 49ers to just 80 rushing yards Ė 115.8 below their average.

Yes, the Giants have their maddening moments, like losing at home on Opening Night to the Cowboys or falling behind the Browns, 14-0, at home in the first five minutes. Their erratic history certainly should keep everyone on the edge of their seats when they play host to the Washington Redskins on Sunday." Read more...

bigblue2088
10-16-2012, 03:24 PM
If the defense plays like it just did, we could be THE best

Rodgers12
10-16-2012, 03:26 PM
4 best teams in the NFC are Giants, Packers, Bears and 49ers.

bigblue2088
10-16-2012, 03:28 PM
4 best teams in the NFC are Giants, Packers, Bears and 49ers.idk if u guys are there yet, but if u play how u played in Houston then u are

Rodgers12
10-16-2012, 03:30 PM
idk if u guys are there yet, but if u play how u played in Houston then u are
I had no faith at all before the Houston game but now we have to beat the Rams on the road. No easy task then we got Jacksonville and Arizona at home. I would love to be 6-3 after that stretch. Happy they proved me wrong for another week.

CowboysSuck
10-16-2012, 03:31 PM

Replaces the Bears with the Falcons and you may be correct

you cant just decide to forget the only undefeated team

bigblue2088
10-16-2012, 03:32 PM

you cant just decide to forget the only undefeated teamtrue forgot bout them too, no matter how soft they look, they are 6-0 n deserve credit

Rodgers12
10-16-2012, 03:34 PM
I think it would help the Pack if we played you guys out there in the playoffs. Lambeau is not Homefield advantage to us anymore. We should just put a roof on the place lol.

BParcells777
10-16-2012, 03:41 PM

you cant just decide to forget the only undefeated team

Falcons??? The Falcons??? REALLY!!!! IDK about that one.

TheAnalyst
10-16-2012, 04:15 PM
On a day when Manning didn’t even throw for 200 yards,

I think he could of easily achieved that when he had over 160 yards at the half. But the Giants were so dominant they ran the ball like 15 straight times in the fourth quarter to end the game. I know other teams like the Packers and Patriots and Cowboys would of kept throwing the ball to pump up their QBs stats, but we just Forest Gumped it.

GMan-67
10-16-2012, 04:22 PM
it's only a matter of time before we see a PEAKING TOO EARLY post or article

there's always a negative angle to play no matter what, but i guess all that makes it even more gratifying when we win

rxc999
10-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Yes they r 1 of the best...if they play like last year against the skins..this week...they would be again in the middle of the pack..hoping the team sees the urgency to win the next 2 vital division games..

BillTheGreek
10-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Coming Togethere ! Starting to GEL ! Playing as one Unit !.............Then L@@K out !

Go Giants........................Getting Pumped !!!

Parademon
10-17-2012, 12:10 AM
TC & Eli just care about winning, not personel stats. Eli was 7yds shy of continuing a streak of 200yd passing games. Do you think either one gave a crap about that streak? H^%& NO! They ran the ball every single down on that last drive of the game & imposed their will on that so called "vaunted" defense!

We were at the opponents 10yd line & could have scored bonus TDs in both the Browns/9ers games & padded up the stats & final score, but the Giants are a class organization & don't go the Patriot route!

I've seen the Pats up 30 in the 4th QT & go for it on 4th down! Classless team! Makes our 2 SB wins over them oh so much sweeter!

Captain Chaos
10-17-2012, 05:07 AM

I think I might add Altanta to that list....

ashleymarie
10-17-2012, 05:33 AM
TC & Eli just care about winning, not personel stats. Eli was 7yds shy of continuing a streak of 200yd passing games. Do you think either one gave a crap about that streak? H^%& NO! They ran the ball every single down on that last drive of the game & imposed their will on that so called "vaunted" defense!

We were at the opponents 10yd line & could have scored bonus TDs in both the Browns/9ers games & padded up the stats & final score, but the Giants are a class organization & don't go the Patriot route!

I've seen the Pats up 30 in the 4th QT & go for it on 4th down! Classless team! Makes our 2 SB wins over them oh so much sweeter!

+1 Giants do have a lot of class. From the upper echelon down to most players.

FlyingTruck
10-17-2012, 05:33 AM
I think I might add Altanta to that list....
Hell no. They came close to losing to the Raiders of all teams. I really wish people would actually look at the teams they played and not just their record.
Crushed the Chiefs..no surprise there.
The Broncos..only won by 6 points.
The Chargers..only scored a FG. (Rivers sucks)
The Panthers..won only by TWO points.
The Redskins..won by a 7.
The Raiders..won by a FG.

Only teams they down right dominated were the Chiefs and Chargers. Most of the teams have been able to stick with them until the end. Their offense is amazing, but that defense will definitely let them down eventually.

Their schedule is so freaking easy! I just looked it over and honestly the only team I see beating them the rest of the way is US! MAYBE to either the Cardinals or Bucs once. I see them finishing 15-1 or 13-3 at the worst.

Flip Empty
10-17-2012, 07:08 AM
Hell no. They came close to losing to the Raiders of all teams. I really wish people would actually look at the teams they played and not just their record.
Crushed the Chiefs..no surprise there.
The Broncos..only won by 6 points.
The Chargers..only scored a FG. (Rivers sucks)
The Panthers..won only by TWO points.
The Redskins..won by a 7.
The Raiders..won by a FG.

Only teams they down right dominated were the Chiefs and Chargers. Most of the teams have been able to stick with them until the end. Their offense is amazing, but that defense will definitely let them down eventually.

Their schedule is so freaking easy! I just looked it over and honestly the only team I see beating them the rest of the way is US! MAYBE to either the Cardinals or Bucs once. I see them finishing 15-1 or 13-3 at the worst.
It doesn't matter how they accomplished it, a win is a win, and that's all they know how to do at the moment.

Redeyejedi
10-17-2012, 08:08 AM
true forgot bout them too, no matter how soft they look, they are 6-0 n deserve creditFalcons have had a cupcake schedule. They have 4 wins against the AFC West.

gumby74
10-17-2012, 08:26 AM
it's only a matter of time before we see a PEAKING TOO EARLY post or article

there's always a negative angle to play no matter what, but i guess all that makes it even more gratifying when we win

lol we ARE peaking too early. Last time i can remember where the media jumped on our bandwagon was in 2008. And then we lost Monday night to the Browns.

GameTime
10-17-2012, 08:48 AM
lol we ARE peaking too early. Last time i can remember where the media jumped on our bandwagon was in 2008. And then we lost Monday night to the Browns.
dont think they are even "peaking" yet at all. One or two good games is not peaking. They have a long tough sched and will get hammered once or twice most likely along the way.
Either way they are contenders and hopefully will be throughout the season and into the post season.

GMan-67
10-17-2012, 09:51 AM

and finished 12-4, i'll sign for 12-4 right now

JimC
10-17-2012, 10:36 AM
I'd feel much better at 6-2 through 8 games.