PDA

View Full Version : After Early Injuries, New York Giants Getting Healthy at the Right Time

RoanokeFan
10-16-2012, 05:00 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/16/after-early-injuries-new-york-giants-getting-healthy-at-just-the-right-time/

Excerpt: "It was almost comical how bloated the New York Giants injury report was for a while there, but the team came out of the San Francisco 49ers (http://www.giants101.com/tag/san-francisco-49ers/) game pretty healthy and we just might be turning a corner here. With Hakeem Nicks (http://www.giants101.com/tag/hakeem-nicks/) back in the fold, Chris Canty ready to return and Kenny Phillips hopefully only a week or two away, the Giants should be feeling better than they have all year.

With the memory of running a headline the other week that only half-jokingly wondered if Big Blue would have enough healthy players to field a team for that week's game, the Giants seem to have weathered the worst of the storm (so far) and come out into the sunshine at 4-2. Good timing, with big divisional games against the Redskins and Dallas Cowboys (http://www.giants101.com/tag/dallas-cowboys/) coming up, and the Pittsburgh Steelers, Cincinnati Bengals and Green Bay Packers lurking after that.

Don't believe us? Let's go position-by-position and see how they're doing." Read more...

Evo'Ed
10-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Nice article.

Recently it seems we are so banged up starting the year and get healthy towards the end for a playoff run.

Obviously we don't wish for injuries but considering the outcome last year....

PRGiant
10-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Finally!

BillTheGreek
10-16-2012, 05:21 PM
GREAT !

GO GIANTS !

GMan-67
10-16-2012, 05:56 PM
just another aspect of the great game in SF ... other than Cruz banging his knee on the turf, i didnt see anything new and he was fine

now tons of guys are dinged up, but most are able to play through it at this point

will be very nice to get Canty and Phillips back shortly and maybe just maybe a 100% Nicks

wonder how Rocky is doing

brad
10-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Good article... it will be great to see Canty back in the lineup!

miked1958
10-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Finally!lets hope we can stay that way for awhile

BigBlue1971
10-16-2012, 08:37 PM
this is fantastic news here! i love for our guys to be healthy!

TextureDj
10-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Isnt anyone else worried that it is too early to be this healthy? I mean there is plenty of time to reinjure every pair of legs in the secondary.

I am hereby calling for the suspension of all practices from here until week10

and if you need that in red to recognize the sarcasm, one of us is sorely lacking in communications skills.

Bigbluefan77
10-16-2012, 09:15 PM
its not the right time
the right time would be the last few games its still early in the season

drewz
10-16-2012, 09:29 PM
its not the right time

I know, right? Theres still 10 games to be played

moosedrool
10-16-2012, 10:36 PM
I know, right? Theres still 10 games to be played

Yea like last year when the Gmen were 7-7.

RoanokeFan
10-16-2012, 10:44 PM
its not the right time

Given our strength of schedule, I think it is the right time. Injuries are going to happen, they are simply a fact of life. We enjoy great depth at critical positions but there is no substitution for having your starters backed by seasoned players in rotation. We have seen the benefits of a strong rotation in the secondary and the linebacking corps.

giantsfan420
10-17-2012, 01:16 AM
agreed rf. injuries can happen on any given play. just bc u sit until week 12 doesnt mean u'r guaranteed to be healthy from then on...u want ur guys healthy and playing together and building championship chemistry. im stoked we're getting people back earlier than last season, it'll give this team the chance to come together earlier and run rampant in the reg season then postseason

Captain Chaos
10-17-2012, 05:03 AM
don't Jinx us with that kind of talk!