PDA

View Full Version : This offense is going to be scary when Nicks is 100%

btbrennan
10-16-2012, 09:40 PM
It just occured to me that Nicks has virtually been out for the past three weeks (i don't really count the 49ers game). When Nicks and Cruz were 100% in the playoffs last year I didn't see anyone stopping us. And this run game now? Please. I think we're looking at the same powered offense Green Bay had last year, or even better when Nicks gets back.

I can't ****in wait.

drewz
10-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Yep. As long as this offensive line keeps playing the way it is. The sky is the limit for us..

Parademon
10-17-2012, 01:01 AM
Agreed! Throw Wilson into the mix & we look super scary on O!

Rudyy
10-17-2012, 01:03 AM
This offense will be scary when we can score more touchdowns in the redzone.

bigblue2088
10-17-2012, 01:05 AM
This offense will be scary when we can score more touchdowns in the redzone.this, and so can the D when we get KP and Canty back, speaking of which anyone got any updates on them?

Rudyy
10-17-2012, 01:06 AM
this, and so can the D when we get KP and Canty back, speaking of which anyone got any updates on them?No idea on Phillips. I believe Canty is practicing this week.

Cloud57
10-17-2012, 01:15 AM
The question is will Nicks be 100% this season?

JJC7301
10-17-2012, 01:22 AM
Agreed! Throw Wilson into the mix & we look super scary on O!

Nicks, Cruz, and Hixon starting with Barden and Randle (both having already shown good stuff so far) coming off the bench. And with Brown showing what he can do and Wilson coming along...OH WOW! And don't forget black unicorn.

Hopefully the Giants can stay relatively healthy the rest of the year. I'd seriously consider giving Nicks off the next week or two if it would mean that he'd get back to 100%. I think the Giants have the depth to hold out until he's 100%. I didn't like seeing him run gingerly in the SF game.

jomo
10-17-2012, 01:46 AM
That's a happy thought but I am more concerned about the defense. Much more concerned. Fortunately we have some excellent pieces coming back there soon.

bbdynasty
10-17-2012, 02:11 AM
The O looks great already imo. Nicks should play against out devision rivals comin up, we'll need him with dallas's corners. Not worried about washington's defense really, they're getting shredded. Our D looks like its coming along as well, especially Prince, very excited about him and hosley and Rolle too now that he's at the FS position

Antwuan
10-17-2012, 03:43 AM
True im just hoping Nicks doesn't hurt his foot any more than it has been hurt. Im hoping Nicks can make through the bye so can rest and get ready for the 2nd half of our schedule.

BurnerNYG
10-17-2012, 04:08 AM
Nicks is never 100 percent and I wonder if the man's ever gonna complete a whole season. If he would've took that hit that Cruz took(the one where Eli hung him out to dry... yeah I said it) he would've probably been out for the season with a neck injury. With that said, I'm convinced that Eli can turn any receiver into a Pro Bowler... all they gotta do is run the right route. Our offense is already explosive.

Captain Chaos
10-17-2012, 05:45 AM
I think the Offense is already scary, just hoping the D can match their intensity!

BillTheGreek
10-17-2012, 06:06 AM
This offense is going to be scary when Nicks is 100%

It's starting to be scary now......................I just hope Nicks STAYS ! 100% healthy, when he gets there !

Go Giants >>>>> Skin those ! Skins !<<<<<<<<<<

Joe Morrison
10-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Problem is, Nicks will proabaly never be a 100% unless they sit him for a month.

Buddy333
10-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Nicks is one of the most physical WR's in the game and that's not even why he is never healthy. I mean most of his injuries are not the most common. Hope he gets better every week until the bye and then has a little extra rest for the remainder of the season. That's why I was wondering if he should have played last week. He didn't look himself although he did contribute. Seems like he came out of the game ok and I think he said that he feels it will get better week to week.

Mercury
10-17-2012, 09:17 AM
They used Nicks brilliantly last Sunday. They started him and went to him early. It forced SF to cover him, because they could have went back to him at any time. And they would have, too, if we needed to. We just didn't need to.

ANON837
10-17-2012, 10:40 AM
This offense will be scary when they can run the ball on a consistent basis. Wilson is getting more touches and when Brown comes back they can be even better. 30 rushes a game would be nice. It keeps Eli clean and the play action can go for any amount of yardage.

GMan-67
10-17-2012, 10:46 AM
he's also great in the green zone

Gimaniac
10-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Nicks practicing today:cool:

repeatchamps
10-17-2012, 01:51 PM
The O looks great already imo. Nicks should play against out devision rivals comin up, we'll need him with dallas's corners. Not worried about washington's defense really, they're getting shredded.

Agreed. Ideally, I am hoping in both of the next two games the Giants can be up big early and perhaps rest Nicks for some of both games. A whole half of a game of rest would be wonderful, lol.

BigBlue1971
10-17-2012, 01:57 PM
This offense will be scary when they can run the ball on a consistent basis. Wilson is getting more touches and when Brown comes back they can be even better. 30 rushes a game would be nice. It keeps Eli clean and the play action can go for any amount of yardage.

^ this. the rushing attack will determine how scary the passing attack will be. keep running the ball like the last two games and we're probably looking at a repeat!

Diamondring
10-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Yep. As long as this offensive line keeps playing the way it is. The sky is the limit for us..We don't want to ware them out so a fast pace high scoring offense we should stay. I hope that just cause we ran he ball well, we don't limit ourselves by running too much..