PDA

View Full Version : Stapleton: Antrel Rolle backing up words

RoanokeFan
10-17-2012, 08:28 AM
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/17..._up_words.html (http://www.northjersey.com/sports/174518421_Stapleton__Antrel_Rolle_backing_up_words .html)

Excerpt: "The perception of Antrel Rolle for the better part of last season was that his mouth — as much as his actions on the field — kept putting the Giants in difficult spots.

Remember Rolle’s proclamation about Big Blue beating the Redskins "99 out of 100 times" in the days leading up to their 23-10 defeat, sealing a regular-season series sweep for then-struggling Washington and putting the Giants’ playoff hopes in jeopardy.

That was nothing compared to what Rolle said afterward, when he tapped his chest and challenged the heart of a team that heeded his message all the way to Super Bowl XLVI.

Fast forward to today and the questioning of just how essential Rolle is to the Giants’ success no longer exists. In reality, outside of Eli Manning and perhaps Jason Pierre-Paul, there is no one more valuable than the seventh-year safety whose words and actions have become lock step with what Tom Coughlin demands from the leaders in his locker room.

On the heels of his best individual performance as a Giant and the franchise’s best regular-season effort in quite some time, it’s only fitting Rolle hit the airwaves Tuesday afternoon and set the tone for what must come next when Robert Griffin III and the Redskins visit MetLife Stadium on Sunday.

"We need this win," Rolle said in his weekly spot on WFAN-AM 660. "We need this win extremely bad." Read more...

GameTime
10-17-2012, 09:38 AM
love it...
the more players that step up and play with heart and passion the better. They are heeding each others advice and giving props to fellow teamates.

All Good and All In !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoanokeFan
10-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Rolle is a warrior. When there were concerns about him playing after the knee injury Perry Fewell responded to a question "he'll play"

GMan-67
10-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Sunday was a nice reminder of why we signed Rolle

the jury is still out on his mouth, but clearly his teammates respect him

now if only we could get the cameramen to respect him :)

RoanokeFan
10-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Sunday was a nice reminder of why we signed Rolle

the jury is still out on his mouth, but clearly his teammates respect him

now if only we could get the cameramen to respect him :)

You know, I usually prefer players just play, but last season Antrel called out certain players and gave them a conscience. I don't consider that to be the only thing that began the run to the Super Bowl but right after that players who weren't practicing started to practice and other players acknowledged they could be doing more.

He is one of the unnamed leaders of the team and I'm glad he's here.

EnragedYouth85
10-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Rolle is def one of our leaders, he might run his mouth too much at times but at least he is showing fire, emotion and heart! Somedays I wish the rest of our team did the same, when they come out flat and unenergetic. The game against the 49ers was great, and I hope we continue the rest of this year like that!

Toadofsteel
10-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Rolle used to be a loose cannon on our defense. Now he's just a cannon! I'm down...