PDA

View Full Version : Giants Need Division Win

RoanokeFan
10-17-2012, 08:31 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...tatus-nfc-east (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8512467/new-york-giants-need-prove-elite-status-nfc-east)

Excerpt: "The New York Giants (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants) weren't even done putting the finishing touches on an emphatic victory in San Francisco when the team's brass got a preview of the danger that lies ahead.

While heading down from the Candlestick Park press box to the field, Giants owner John Mara, general manager Jerry Reese and other team executives got a glimpse of Robert Griffin III (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14875/robert-griffin) busting loose for a 76-yard touchdown run to beat Minnesota on the television monitor inside the press elevator.

After the impressive highlight, the TV showed the standings in the crowded NFC East.

The final seconds hadn't even ticked away on the Giants' resounding 26-3 win over the 49ers when the team's executives were reminded of one of their most important goals -- taking care of the NFC East first.

The Giants face the improved Washington Redskins (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/wsh/washington-redskins)and their exciting rookie quarterback at home Sunday, and it might just be a bigger game than the NFC Championship Game rematch that was just played.

While it's not nearly as sexy as knocking Jim Harbaugh's team around on its home turf, the Giants can make an even more emphatic statement over the next two weeks by beating the Redskins and Cowboys." Read more...

Buddy333
10-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Technically it's not a must win. I mean look at last year. They finished 3-3 in the division and did not have the best divisional record. Of course the easier route would be to win more games this year. I think these next two games are close to must wins as a must win can get. They want to win this week because they are 0-2 in the division. Next week they want to win so they can get a game back from Dallas. Of course while they are beating these teams they will give themselves more room in the wins total as well. Oh, and about this weeks game, think about this for a second. While Washington was picked to be last in he division if they beat the Giants they will be in 1st place. They will be hungry for this game. The Giants need to play another great game.

BillTheGreek
10-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Giants Need Division Win

It can't Hurt, Sunday is a Good start !

GameTime
10-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Technically it's not a must win. I mean look at last year. They finished 3-3 in the division and did not have the best divisional record. Of course the easier route would be to win more games this year. I think these next two games are close to must wins as a must win can get. They want to win this week because they are 0-2 in the division. Next week they want to win so they can get a game back from Dallas. Of course while they are beating these teams they will give themselves more room in the wins total as well. Oh, and about this weeks game, think about this for a second. While Washington was picked to be last in he division if they beat the Giants they will be in 1st place. They will be hungry for this game. The Giants need to play another great game.
techinically no...its not.
In every other aspect yes.....its a must win. Actaully its a "have" to win more than a "must" win
Emotionally, momentum, mentally, etc.

BillTheGreek
10-17-2012, 09:53 AM
techinically no...its not.
In every other aspect yes.....its a must win. Actaully its a "have" to win more than a "must" win
Emotionally, momentum, mentally, etc.

I Like "Must" better than "Have"...............Who cares, as Long as they WIN ................lol

GameTime
10-17-2012, 09:56 AM
I Like "Must" better than "Have"...............Who cares, as Long as they WIN ................lol

I was going with "have" since that gives the impression of wanting something badly.
"Must" is whether you want to or not. Like you said....either way its a win...!!!!

Buddy333
10-17-2012, 09:59 AM
techinically no...its not.In every other aspect yes.....its a must win. Actaully its a "have" to win more than a "must" winEmotionally, momentum, mentally, etc.It's an important game. That's for sure.

GameTime
10-17-2012, 10:00 AM
It's an important game. That's for sure.

word...
next week too.....:)

stormblue
10-17-2012, 10:02 AM
seems to me that divisional opponents are our achilles heel.
we spank everybody else.

Buddy333
10-17-2012, 10:15 AM
word...next week too.....:)They don't want to be 0-3 in the division and they don't want to be swept by Dallas.

RoanokeFan
10-17-2012, 10:25 AM
techinically no...its not. In every other aspect yes.....its a must win. Actaully its a "have" to win more than a "must" win Emotionally, momentum, mentally, etc. +1

GMan-67
10-17-2012, 10:33 AM
the only thing this next game means is 5-2 (1-2) or 4-3 (0-3)

but with Bob G 3 being in every other TV ad, it would mean a lot of extra channel changing, so for the sake of my thumb this is an important game

CowboysSuck
10-17-2012, 10:34 AM
I am hoping for a Win, but lets all be honest...Would any of us be shocked if we laid a complete egg against the skins?
i wouldnt be...

BillTheGreek
10-17-2012, 11:39 AM
I am hoping for a Win, but lets all be honest...Would any of us be shocked if we laid a complete egg against the skins?
i wouldnt be...

I WOULD !

But not to be over confidant....The way that the G-Men are playing, They beat one of the Best Teams in the NFL the 49ers, I think that Win made them come ALIVE ! They have to keep Rolling !!! Lets see Sunday !

GO LUCK GIANTS !

GameTime
10-17-2012, 11:48 AM
the only thing this next game means is 5-2 (1-2) or 4-3 (0-3)

but with Bob G 3 being in every other TV ad, it would mean a lot of extra channel changing, so for the sake of my thumb this is an important game
this game means way more than that....

ryan12
10-17-2012, 12:13 PM
word...
next week too.....:)

agreed

mommy2dylan
10-17-2012, 01:04 PM
I think its a must win .... alot of the tie breakers are divisions records, conference records, common oppenents, etc ....

NJBLUE
10-17-2012, 01:17 PM
It's a must win. The last thing I want to do is boost the Redskins confidence in defeating the defending champions! Also, they swept us last year so I believe they have our number.

EnragedYouth85
10-17-2012, 02:10 PM
We need to win this game, we need a divisional win! I would be happy with taking the rest of the divisional games.

egyptian420
10-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Winning the next 2 games would be HUGE....we'd be 6-2 and 2-2 in the division. Letting the Cowboys sweep us could be very damaging near the end of the season.

EnragedYouth85
10-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Winning the next 2 games would be HUGE....we'd be 6-2 and 2-2 in the division. Letting the Cowboys sweep us could be very damaging near the end of the season.

God damn Eagles! We could be 7-1 in 2 weeks if they didn't snake that win from us!

egyptian420
10-17-2012, 02:19 PM
God damn Eagles! We could be 7-1 in 2 weeks if they didn't snake that win from us!I think the week 17 matchup against the Eagles will have playoff implications for at least one of us, if not, both of us.

BurnerNYG
10-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Washington is gonna come into this game real hungry and confident and a lot of fans are gonna be stunned on how poised RG3 is. I'm hoping we hand him one of those rookie games and show him he has a lot to improve on. I'm going to the game and I don't plan on watching the RG3 show. Bout to head out and pick up the money from my brother in law and cousin now. Is it better to get the tickets sent via fed ex or download em. Will I still have to go to the box office and get the original tickets?

EnragedYouth85
10-17-2012, 02:22 PM
I think the week 17 matchup against the Eagles will have playoff implications for at least one of us, if not, both of us.

That could be a very intense game! The eagles usually start turning it on at the end of the year! Here's to being 13-2 when that time comes around! :P

EnragedYouth85
10-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Washington is gonna come into this game real hungry and confident and a lot of fans are gonna be stunned on how poised RG3 is. I'm hoping we hand him one of those rookie games and show him he has a lot to improve on. I'm going to the game and I don't plan on watching the RG3 show. Bout to head out and pick up the money from my brother in law and cousin now. Is it better to get the tickets sent via fed ex or download em. Will I still have to go to the box office and get the original tickets?

Pretty sure if you get them emailed to you and print them off your good to go, they just scan the barcodes on the tickets..

BurnerNYG
10-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Pretty sure if you get them emailed to you and print them off your good to go, they just scan the barcodes on the tickets..Ok thanks. Can't wait!!!

EnragedYouth85
10-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Ok thanks. Can't wait!!!

Yeah no problem, that's at least how its worked with concert tickets that I buy!

BurnerNYG
10-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Yeah no problem, that's at least how its worked with concert tickets that I buy!I bought some Kevin Hart tickets for me and my wife's anniversary in August online and had to go down to the box office to pick up the original copies.