PDA

View Full Version : Jayron Hosley= Future Pro Bowler

Robz
10-17-2012, 10:28 AM
i don't know about you guys but everytime hosley is in there i feel more comfortable, the 2 games hosley played the defense been lights out.

i feel really good about our future with prince and hosley:)

Toadofsteel
10-17-2012, 10:34 AM
i don't know about you guys but everytime hosley is in there i feel more comfortable, the 2 games hosley played the defense been lights out.

I agree that Prince and Hosley are our future at CB. And just think, they're both still effectively green! Imagine how they'll be in a couple years!

Robz
10-17-2012, 10:43 AM
I agree that Prince and Hosley are our future at CB. And just think, they're both still effectively green! Imagine how they'll be in a couple years!

yep! prince and hosley just need the reps, they will make mistakes but they'll be fine!

EnragedYouth85
10-17-2012, 10:52 AM
They both look great! Prince is showing us why we drafted him so high!

ryan12
10-17-2012, 11:12 AM
good young talent holsey imo was the steal of the entire draft

GMENAGAIN
10-17-2012, 11:15 AM
I love this kid. As of right now, our first three picks from last year's draft are looking great.

TheAnalyst
10-17-2012, 11:43 AM
I love this kid. As of right now, our first three picks from last year's draft are looking great.

Agreed, although I'm kinda bumbed we practically struck out after that. I guess Kuhn was a solid 7th round pick but other then that...Robinson still has potential I guess. Better then the previous draft though where so far only Prince emerged.

shocknaweny
10-17-2012, 01:44 PM
the 2011 draft not looking so great right now ....what is the deal with Marvin Austin ? I really hope he starts cranking it up soon...lost his starting spot to a 7th round pick....or maybe he"s hurt again...I have no idea

ny06
10-17-2012, 01:47 PM
the 2011 draft not looking so great right now ....what is the deal with Marvin Austin ? I really hope he starts cranking it up soon...lost his starting spot to a 7th round pick....or maybe he"s hurt again...I have no idea
He hasn't played in over two years. Don't expect much from him this season. As for Markus Kuhn he has been a pleasent surprise so far.

GMan-67
10-17-2012, 01:54 PM
whoa, hold on now

no, but i love this kid so far ... i love speed, i love ball skills and he seems to have that IT factor ... DBs that are playmakers are so valuable and we havent always been blessed with that in Giants land

take a guy like Charles Tilman up in Chicago, wow, what a game changer he's been

drewz
10-17-2012, 01:57 PM
He missed a couple tackles on Sunday, other than that he's been stout

DVision
10-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Agreed, although I'm kinda bumbed we practically struck out after that. I guess Kuhn was a solid 7th round pick but other then that...Robinson still has potential I guess. Better then the previous draft though where so far only Prince emerged.

How do you figure we struck out after the Hosely pick? The 2 lineman and TE were all drafted as developmental prospects. You expect the entire draft class to contribute by week 6 of their rookie season? I believe Mosley is the only one we dropped. Robinson and McCants could wind up being productive Giants in the future.

Toadofsteel
10-17-2012, 03:00 PM
How do you figure we struck out after the Hosely pick? The 2 lineman and TE were all drafted as developmental prospects. You expect the entire draft class to contribute by week 6 of their rookie season? I believe Mosley is the only one we dropped. Robinson and McCants could wind up being productive Giants in the future.

Wilson, Randle, and Hosley have all contributed greatly, Robinson is still on the team, Mosley is on IR, McCants is on PS, and Kuhn is on the team.

GMan-67
10-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Wilson, Randle, and Hosley have all contributed greatly, Robinson is still on the team, Mosley is on IR, McCants is on PS, and Kuhn is on the team.

exactly

kills me when peeps judge drafts after 3 minutes instead of 3 years

i wont even bother to list them all, but think of all the guys that got tagged bust ... i'll throw Will Beatty out there as one example, but it's a looong list

Toadofsteel
10-17-2012, 03:23 PM
exactly

kills me when peeps judge drafts after 3 minutes instead of 3 years

i wont even bother to list them all, but think of all the guys that got tagged bust ... i'll throw Will Beatty out there as one example, but it's a looong list

The guys from the 2009 draft stepping it up means you can't judge a draft until after several years... Until week 3 this year, people thought that draft only produced Nicks...

slipknottin
10-17-2012, 06:29 PM
A good draft class is usually only 3 or 4 players. Its not common to get many more than that, and it is just near impossible for an entire draft class to contribute.

As for the 2011 draft class, only one player from that draft class is no longer on the team.

2010 draft really only produced 2 players, with a 3rd still coming along (Tracy), Petrus maybe can turn his career around, but already got cut once.

But that seems to be the draft class everyone loves. Its quite odd.

Captain Chaos
10-17-2012, 08:09 PM
A good draft class is usually only 3 or 4 players. Its not common to get many more than that, and it is just near impossible for an entire draft class to contribute.

As for the 2011 draft class, only one player from that draft class is no longer on the team.

2010 draft really only produced 2 players, with a 3rd still coming along (Tracy), Petrus maybe can turn his career around, but already got cut once.

But that seems to be the draft class everyone loves. Its quite odd.

Interesting!

DaKraken
10-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Calm down folks...he's played five games. Let's not assign him to Hawaii until he cuts his chops for a while. But we have to like what we see so far especially when you think he was a third round choice...great value!

JJC7301
10-17-2012, 11:02 PM

That is exactly how I feel.

Tommy_Ribs
10-17-2012, 11:28 PM
No doubt Hosley was a great pick. There were a few maturity issues that allowed him to slide. He looks like he can catch the ball and take the other way, along with being able to cover.

Reese and our scouting dept really do a terrific job of getting new talent in here via the draft and Free Agents. We don;t hit on everyone, no one does, but Hosely is one of those guys that really looks like he can be a good player for us.

RichGiants81
10-17-2012, 11:54 PM
been on the hosley bandwagon since day one, cant wait to see him play more

Antwuan
10-18-2012, 03:45 AM

Same here I feel more comfortable about our secondary when Hosley is on the field. Yes I believe Prince & Hosley are our future at CB.