TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 07:37 PM
The kid is slow and clueless, not a good combination for a cornerback

daynemustgo
12-18-2011, 07:39 PM
stupid post.

MikeIsaGiant
12-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Stay tuned for next year guy, he made a few nice plays once in awhile. He's a rookie and he's learning the game more and more

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 07:41 PM
stupid post.

Why? This kid has been a total bust.

NYSPORTS
12-18-2011, 07:41 PM
attention ***** lol

comebacktiki
12-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Really a repeat of the other Prince is terrible thread, some people are clueless, no training camp, OTA and he miss half the season plus playing one of the hardest position to play in football.

YATittle1962
12-18-2011, 07:55 PM
stupid post.

this literally has be belly laughing......thank you for that.....

Pakman
12-18-2011, 08:57 PM
stupid post.

I remember when I used to think draft picks were busts after their 6th game

Manning2Niks
12-18-2011, 09:00 PM
stupid post.

I don't remember watching football at such a young age. I think I was like 8 or 9 when I started watching.

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 09:03 PM
stupid post.

I don't remember watching football at such a young age. I think I was like 8 or 9 when I started watching.

I have been watching the NFL since the mid-60's and I see nothing in this this guy that makes me feel he will even be a decent backup. I hope I am wrong but I don't think so.

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 09:08 PM
stupid post.

When was that, your 11th birthday?

jaygoon
12-18-2011, 09:09 PM
I'll agree that our worst number pick is a corner, but his number is 31 and his name is Aaron Ross.

Die-Hard
12-18-2011, 09:13 PM
stupid post.

I hope, for your sake, that this is a joke. Otherwise, you should seriously hang your head in shame and leave these forums forever.

hungrrrry
12-18-2011, 09:14 PM
The kid is slow and clueless, not a good combination for a cornerbackHe is in a terrible defensive scheme so naturally it will be hard to learn and he will always be two steps behind. Read and react is a bad strategy for a rookie...1st rounder or not

myles2424
12-18-2011, 09:17 PM
This is ridiculous......but on the other hand, nicks & JPP both flashed as rookies, by the last game I'd expect to at least see prince show something

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 09:18 PM
stupid post.

I hope, for your sake, that this is a joke. Otherwise, you should seriously hang your head in shame and leave these forums forever.

What has he done that has impressed you? The guy was benched today because he was so bad. Being benched on this defense is about as low as you can get as I believe by now they might be the worst rated in the NFL. Isn't that an indication of how bad he has played. I see other rookies around the league making contributions.

radar-ray
12-18-2011, 09:20 PM
The kid is slow and clueless, not a good combination for a cornerbackHe is in a terrible defensive scheme so naturally it will be hard to learn and he will always be two steps behind. Read and react is a bad strategy for a rookie...1st rounder or notRead and React is bad strategy period!!! Even the vets are running around like the AFLAC duck.

jomo
12-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Worst ever? You must be a very young fan! lol

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 09:23 PM
stupid post.

What has he done that has impressed you? The guy was benched today because he was so bad. Being benched on this defense is about as low as you can get as I believe by now they might be the worst rated in the NFL. Isn't that an indication of how bad he has played. I see other rookies around the league making contributions.

Sad but I'm afraid so true. He just doesn't have IT. Most rookies look bad on plays but at times you see them make a tremdous play & you say hey the kids got IT. Not this kid. No one can say they've seen anything to suggest he got IT. IT just ain't there.

Another wasted draft pick JR. Where his accountability? Anyone know?

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Worst ever? You must be a very young fan! lol

OK, maybe Rocky Thompson. I ain't that young.

buddy33
12-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Lol. Lockout season, no OTA's, broke his foot in his 1st practice and was out for a long time, no pre season action, and he is 10 games behind every other rookie.

Cool story. Can you tell it again?

jomo
12-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Worst ever? You must be a very young fan! lol OK, maybe Rocky Thompson. I ain't that young.lol, with a name like Troy Archer, you can't be that young. I understand your frustration on Prince but the stop watch says he's not slow so there is still plenty of hope. Take that ...............Cedric Jones.

slipknottin
12-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Does anyone remember last year after the giants lost to the eagles and JPP had that encroachment penalty that was a big key in the game?

There was a poster here who started a post saying JPP was the worst draft pick ever, and there was no longer any doubt why the eagles traded up and selected graham instead, as graham had an "amazing" game with like 4 pressures and a couple tackles.

How did that play out?

Die-Hard
12-18-2011, 09:38 PM
stupid post.

He hasn't done anything to impress me. Know why? Because I don't expect to be impressed by a kid who had no off-season to learn, broke his foot in his first practice, missed 7(?) more weeks of on the field work, and has only been used sparingly in 4 total NFL games. 1st round or not, no one should have had high expectations for him this year because doing so would defy all logic and reason. No offense, but calling this kid a bust is completely laughable and absurd. Instant results from a rookie, especially a CB, is highly unlikely and very rare. Calling him a bust after 4 appearances in games makes zero sense.

zimonami
12-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Worst ever? You must be a very young fan! lol OK, maybe Rocky Thompson. I ain't that young.lol, with a name like Troy Archer, you can't be that young. I understand your frustration on Prince but the stop watch says he's not slow so there is still plenty of hope. Take that ...............Cedric Jones.
... and Derek Brown, and Dave Brown, and many others. I think it's totally unfair to grade him now. There is no one in the secondary that is playing well, and the zone schemes are horrible. He deserves a full training camp and a full season before you say he is a bust. CB is a very difficult position to step in and master as a rookie in the NFL. In college he was mostly all man on man.
Stay tuned... let's not convict too soon.

fourth&forever
12-18-2011, 09:41 PM
stupid post.

Sad but I'm afraid so true. He just doesn't have IT. Most rookies look bad on plays but at times you see them make a tremdous play & you say hey the kids got IT. Not this kid. No one can say they've seen anything to suggest he got IT. IT just ain't there.

Another wasted draft pick JR. Where his accountability? Anyone know?
Glad you guys aren't coaching this rookie. "Prince, son, you've had enough chances. Take a hike"

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 09:43 PM
stupid post.

He hasn't done anything to impress me. Know why? Because I don't expect to be impressed by a kid who had no off-season to learn, broke his foot in his first practice, missed 7(?) more weeks of on the field work, and has only been used sparingly in 4 total NFL games. 1st round or not, no one should have had high expectations for him this year because doing so would defy all logic and reason. No offense, but calling this kid a bust is completely laughable and absurd. Instant results from a rookie, especially a CB, is highly unlikely and very rare. Calling him a bust after 4 appearances in games makes zero sense.

Ok, you can make some excuses but the truth is he has been a major liabilty while on the field. I was hoping for a bit more from 1st round draft pick.

Ruttiger711
12-18-2011, 09:43 PM

Not that I agree with the op's statement or premise - but between this and the other thread on prince, no one has been able to point out actual good play by prince.

Absolutely the injury and the lockout had tons to do with but show SOMETHING.

The td last wek in Dallas - Robinson (sp?) got position on him and just BURNED him - pulled away like he was running away from a linebacker. Due to the lockout? Don't think so. Scheme? Nope. The toe? Ok. They kept him off the field for a long part of the season until he was ready. He's obviously still not ready.

jomo
12-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Worst ever? You must be a very young fan! lol OK, maybe Rocky Thompson. I ain't that young.lol, with a name like Troy Archer, you can't be that young. I understand your frustration on Prince but the stop watch says he's not slow so there is still plenty of hope. Take that ...............Cedric Jones. ... and Derek Brown, and Dave Brown, and many others. I think it's totally unfair to grade him now. There is no one in the secondary that is playing well, and the zone schemes are horrible. He deserves a full training camp and a full season before you say he is a bust. CB is a very difficult position to step in and master as a rookie in the NFL. In college he was mostly all man on man. Stay tuned... let's not convict too soon........messrs. John Hicks, JarrodBunchand Butch Woolfolk would heartily agree! [:D]

slipknottin
12-18-2011, 09:45 PM
How about his first play when he intercepted Vick?

How about when he chased McCoy down and kept him out of the endzone?

DEgiants89
12-18-2011, 09:47 PM
stupid post.

+1000

DEgiants89
12-18-2011, 09:47 PM
stupid post.

+1000

Ruttiger711
12-18-2011, 09:49 PM

Didn't he pick off Young? In all seriousness Coughlin could have made that pick the throw was so bad.

Ok good play - that the type of play we're drafting a number 1 corner for?

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 09:50 PM
stupid post.

+1000

Witty come back.

slipknottin
12-18-2011, 09:51 PM

Didn't he pick off Young? In all seriousness Coughlin could have made that pick the throw was so bad.

Ok good play - that the type of play we're drafting a number 1 corner for?

Sorry, you're right, it was Young.

He recovered and made a good play on the ball, better play than the defense makes on most passes...

As for is that what you draft a number 1 cb for, its a little early to be summarizing his career.

lawl
12-18-2011, 09:56 PM
One of the fastest guys on the team is slow? Really?

Tons of rookies are awful and end up with great careers. Hell, linval wasn't even active last year.

I will never understand what goes through some of you people's brains. It's absolutely fascinating.

Rich4114
12-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Why don't we at least wait to judge him once he's allowed to play man to man D? He's adjusting to the NFL with zero reps in OTA, practice, etc. until a few weeks ago coming off an injury.

Nobody expects to get anything out of him until 2012 anyway so wtf? He'll probably be our starting 2nd CB by next season opener.

I saw the plays he got burned on. He was playing 15 yards off the guy and it was an easy catch and turn/run. Who else was on top of their man? Rolle? I don't think I ever even saw Philips in my screen except for the 60 yard pass attempt which means he's playing deep center field most of the time. The soft zone D is easy to pick apart.

jomo
12-18-2011, 09:59 PM
How about his first play when he intercepted Vick? How about when he chased McCoy down and kept him out of the endzone?That ball was underthrown by Vick but I agree with you that there is no way to fairly evaluate the kid at this point.

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 10:00 PM

Tons of rookies are awful and end up with great careers. Hell, linval wasn't even active last year.

I will never understand what goes through some of you people's brains. It's absolutely fascinating.
He may be fast in practice but he sure looks slow when opposing receivers are zipping past him like he is standing still. Alot of excuses on this board.

Ruttiger711
12-18-2011, 10:01 PM

Watch the play last week against Robinson and u can see actual speed vs stopwatch speed.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 10:02 PM
holy ****..the guy has played 5 games...stop being a prisoner of the moment

slipknottin
12-18-2011, 10:05 PM

Watch the play last week against Robinson and u can see actual speed vs stopwatch speed.

You mean how he chased down and caught Robinson? Or how about when he chased down McCoy?

Getting caught is far different than being slow.

buddy33
12-18-2011, 10:06 PM

Don't you know McCoy is slow?

YATittle1962
12-18-2011, 10:07 PM
How about his first play when he intercepted Vick? How about when he chased McCoy down and kept him out of the endzone?That ball was underthrown by Vick but I agree with you that there is no way to fairly evaluate the kid at this point.

Young

JMFP2
12-18-2011, 10:07 PM
He just looks completely overwhelmed out there.</P>

Maybe, if he can stay healthy, and is coached properly, next season he'll be better.</P>

I honestly don't know what any of our players are being taught during the week.....they look completely pensive out on the field.</P>

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 10:09 PM

Young

the kid will be fine...honestly next year is his rookie season imo..sky is the limit for this kid imo.

Spizi
12-18-2011, 10:09 PM
This is ridiculous......but on the other hand, nicks & JPP both flashed as rookies, by the last game I'd expect to at least see prince show something

Nicks and JPP just happen to be top 10 at their position in the NFL. We got lucky with those guys.

Now while I do believe we need to give Prince at least halfway through next season to really give him a fair shot, he has not looked good and has not shown the "skill" that you would expect from a 1st round pick, It's not like JPP where he was inexperienced, Prince should know how to play a little bit of CB.

When I see Patrick Peterson play, yes he makes mistakes, but he shows the skill is there. Prince looked lost on that one play were the RB almost caught a TD pass.

Itlan
12-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Save this thread, cause I GUARANTEE in two years when Prince is considered a top 5 CB everyone in this thread calling him a bust after four games will say they knew he was something special and loved the pick, etc. etc.

You guys are sheep. Idiotic sheep nonetheless. Go be a Jets fan, please.

YATittle1962
12-18-2011, 10:11 PM

Young

the kid will be fine...honestly next year is his rookie season imo..sky is the limit for this kid imo.

No I meant it was Vince Young not Vick

:)

allentown PA
who is ever taking thomas lewis or ced jones spot as worst 1st round pick anyway?

miked1958
stupid post.

I have been watching the NFL since the mid-60's and I see nothing in this this guy that makes me feel he will even be a decent backup. I hope I am wrong but I don't think so.
I think it's way to early to make judgements. Let's give him a full offseason and training camp to learn, a full year next season, then come back and make your verdict then

nYg24
sigh...

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 10:12 PM

Young

No I meant it was Vince Young not Vick

:)

i know what u meant..was just commenting on Prince

Ruttiger711
12-18-2011, 10:14 PM

You mean how he chased down and caught Robinson? Or how about when he chased down McCoy?

Yes how he caught him 74 yards later.

My biggest frustration is really looking forward. Ross HAS to be gone, TT if back at all is fighting the odds at being his old self again and that leaves us with Webster on one side and Prince on the other. Some of you seem confident that we'll be ok based on what you've sees so far and some stat that he's the fastest guy on the team. I'm not there yet, and will just have to wait and see.

Peterson seems to be doing ok without a learning year and the very same lockout.

Itlan
12-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Did Peterson break his foot? Do the Cardinals run a read and react D?

Peterson's coverage has NOT been impressive this year, you're delusional.

slipknottin
12-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Peterson was also a top 5 pick who has struggled a ton this year, and he had all preseason to learn the defense, as well as not having to deal with any injuries.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 10:18 PM

Yes how he caught him 74 yards later.

My biggest frustration is really looking forward. Ross HAS to be gone, TT if back at all is fighting the odds at being his old self again and that leaves us with Webster on one side and Prince on the other. Some of you seem confident that we'll be ok based on what you've sees so far and some stat that he's the fastest guy on the team. I'm not there yet, and will just have to wait and see.

Peterson seems to be doing ok without a learning year and the very same lockout.

peterson is a hell of a return guy but he has been beat numerous times this year...one that comes to mind is the nicks game winner when we played them.

slipknottin
12-18-2011, 10:20 PM
And for anyone watching, as well as jimmy smith was playing, he's getting worked over pretty bad in this game.

ShakeNBake
12-18-2011, 10:21 PM
What a ridiculous thread.......Jimmy Smith is getting worked by Malcolm Floyd right now is he also a terrible 1st round pick?

NYCDBS
12-18-2011, 10:21 PM
How many games did he play again? Oh yeah that's right 3 he played his 3rd game coming off of a broken foot!!! I bet if you broke your foot you'd have problems walking to your garage in the morning much less chasing down pro wide outs...

buddy33
12-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Hey, the rookie Jimmy Smith just got beat. Maybe he is a bust to.

How about when Nicks beat Peterson this year. I guess he is a bust too.

Lol. Those guys had a training camp and 4 pre season games to get ready. BUSTS!

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 10:22 PM
And for anyone watching, as well as jimmy smith was playing, he's getting worked over pretty bad in this game.

agreed..they have picked on him all night

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 10:24 PM
stupid post.

I think it's way to early to make judgements. Let's give him a full offseason and training camp to learn, a full year next season, then come back and make your verdict then

Give um an offseason. They've played 14 games. You should learn twice as much playing than banging heads in practice. Offseason none of the other teams had an offseason either you know that right?

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 10:25 PM
i wanted the giants to take him..never thought prince would fall...i think they both will be very good starting corners in this league.

slipknottin
12-18-2011, 10:26 PM
stupid post.

Give um an offseason. They've played 14 games. You should learn twice as much playing than banging heads in practice. Offseason none of the other teams had an offseason either you know that right?

Prince missed all of training camp, and has only been healthy for 4 games....

Ruttiger711
12-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Besides prince and webby does anyone think there will be any other familiar names at CB from the current roster?

slipknottin
12-18-2011, 10:29 PM
Besides prince and webby does anyone think there will be any other familiar names at CB from the current roster?I think they find a way to keep T2. They really have to find a way to keep him.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Besides prince and webby does anyone think there will be any other familiar names at CB from the current roster?

thomas will be back

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 10:33 PM
we will draft a rb in the 1st next year

buddy33
12-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Besides prince and webby does anyone think there will be any other familiar names at CB from the current roster?I think they find a way to keep T2. They really have to find a way to keep him.

Isn't this the 2nd time he tore the same ACL? If so, how well can be recover from it and he should t he also come cheap for a short term deal?

jomo
12-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Besides prince and webby does anyone think there will be any other familiar names at CB from the current roster?I think they find a way to keep T2. They really have to find a way to keep him.I expect they will. JR made all the right calls on our free agents coming off injuries this year. Other GM's will be reluctant to lay big money out there if JR is playing it cool. I feel good about TT coming back.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 10:36 PM

Isn't this the 2nd time he tore the same ACL? If so, how well can be recover from it and he should t he also come cheap for a short term deal?

when was the first time? In college?

lawl
12-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Prince has short arms, only thing I don't like about him

buddy33
12-18-2011, 10:39 PM

I think so. Could be wrong but I think I remember reading it was the second time to the same knee and how the chances of recovery are very slim.

DragonSoul
12-18-2011, 10:40 PM
stupid post.

Why? This kid has been a total bust.As is this thread!!!
Did you just make a thread to get a response? If not then you really have more issues.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 10:41 PM

I think so. Could be wrong but I think I remember reading it was the second time to the same knee and how the chances of recovery are very slim.

never heard that but if thats true..its not good to say the least...what a shame..was a big fan of that kid.

Ruttiger711
12-18-2011, 10:42 PM

That's what I know of it - 2nd injury on the same knee which makes it much harder to come back from.

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 10:43 PM
stupid post.

Did you just make a thread to get a response? If not then you really have more issues.

Put down the pipe Dragon

Giants10EM
12-18-2011, 10:44 PM
stupid post.

Your an effin idiot. He's played in like 4 games, had no practive over the summer because of the lockout and and injury, and look at Webster. He sucked for like 2 years.

Giants10EM
12-18-2011, 10:44 PM
stupid post.

Your an effin idiot. He's played in like 4 games, had no practive over the summer because of the lockout and and injury, and look at Webster. He sucked for like 2 years.

buddy33
12-18-2011, 10:47 PM

That's what I know of it - 2nd injury on the same knee which makes it much harder to come back from.

Right, so back to the question of who they keep. Webster and Prince. I wouldn't offer a penny for Ross to come back. I'd also tell Rolle to take his mouth somewhere else and save some money. Grant is done as well. The secondary needs some work in the off season.

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 10:47 PM
stupid post.

Very well written. He has been a bust so far, doesn't mean he will be next year. Try to be a little objective and be honest with yourself. The kid has been horrible. Didn't the benching today give you a clue.

DragonSoul
12-18-2011, 10:48 PM
stupid post.

Put down the pipe DragonI am gonna save this thread for future reference. Hope you enjoy the crow!

O.C. Giant Fan
12-18-2011, 10:50 PM
Hmm...the guy's played all of what...four games? Give me a break. He's the future. Right now it's growing-pains time, thrown into the defensive fray that is 2011.[:(]

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 10:50 PM
stupid post.

Put down the pipe DragonI am gonna save this thread for future reference. Hope you enjoy the crow!

I hope you are right. The Giants could sure use a good Cornerback.

stormblue
12-18-2011, 10:51 PM
doesn't even have a hundred plays under his belt yet.

but how can you judge him anyway.....

given the lack of both veteran talent or coaching

prowess.....what do you expect ?

his only possible learning experience will

have to come from reading these forums.

lawl
12-18-2011, 10:52 PM
stupid post.

Very well written. He has been a bust so far, doesn't mean he will be next year. Try to be a little objective and be honest with yourself. The kid has been horrible. Didn't the benching today give you a clue.

"Prince could go down as worst #1 pick ever"

How could anyone possibly think this with such a small sample size of play????

Its like you want to be called an idiot.

Manning
12-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Pretty sure the top 5 pick we wasted on the guy who was blind in one eye takes the cake. William Joseph is up there too.

DragonSoul
12-18-2011, 10:54 PM
stupid post.

I hope you are right. The Giants could sure use a good Cornerback.The guy hasn't had an off season, and has barely played in what 4 games? After no off season, practice and missing nearly 3 quarters of the season. Look at our 1st and 2nd rd picks and what they are doing, or not doing...

Put it in perspective ffs.

Ruttiger711
12-18-2011, 10:59 PM

Right, so back to the question of who they keep. Webster and Prince. I wouldn't offer a penny for Ross to come back. I'd also tell Rolle to take his mouth somewhere else and save some money. Grant is done as well. The secondary needs some work in the off season.

It's pretty f-ing alarming - hopefully Sash can contribute too. The team went from being deep at cb to being as thin as the lb corp.

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 11:02 PM
stupid post.

I said "could". From what I have seen he is horrible. I hope he turns it around next year. I have been called worse by better people.

Roosevelt
12-18-2011, 11:05 PM

Name one player in our secondary who doesn't fit that same description?

Fewell's read and react has not worked all season long.

Vtgmenfan89
12-18-2011, 11:12 PM
As the "worse" #1 pick ever huh? Well, it'd be worst actually.

Oh and by the way he's played about 4 games or so after breaking his foot and having zero offseason due to a lockout. Does the person who created this thread know anything about football? Or just expect every 1st round pick to be an immediate hall of fame shoe in? Come on man.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-19-2011, 12:04 AM
How could Amukamara possibly be worse than Ryan Leaf as a 1# pick?

blue star77
12-19-2011, 02:15 AM
I think you giant fans are judging Prince to quick. I am a big 12 fan and saw Pince make play after play at Nebraska.Prince missed all of traning camp and preseason of course. Cornerback takes a couple of yrs to transition from college to pros and be effecive . I know Prince hasn't looked to good so far, but I'm sure he will be better than you buttheads think. As a Cowboy fan , I know bad defensive backs. Prince seems to have good instincts I think he will come around, although I hope not. See you *** cracks week 17.

nycsportzfan
12-19-2011, 02:43 AM
The kid is slow and clueless, not a good combination for a cornerbackHe is in a terrible defensive scheme so naturally it will be hard to learn and he will always be two steps behind. Read and react is a bad strategy for a rookie...1st rounder or notnot to <span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mention just like i said with John Goff its not easy to stand out in a Defense thats basically all playing terribly and what not And like Goff Prince has shown a few gli</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mpses and then the next season when the tea</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m was playing a bit better u could see Goff's skills a bit </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">more Prince has a ton of upside! This giant tea</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m certainly needs to start chucking out so</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">me vets we've seen play well in past seasons because there just not getting back to that for</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m but worrying about Prince is certainly a non-issue! Hes one of the guys we gotta build around if anything! Along with JPP Nicks Cruz Eli Snee Linval and a few others
</span>

NyGiants33
12-19-2011, 02:53 AM

Ah HAH! Troy Archer..... or is it..... Troy AIKMAN! Ha i knew it was you all along. SO thats what your doing while your babbling and laughing when the Giants screw up and just gaining pure enjoyment from it all. Just posting garbage on the message board... I bet Joe Buck is behind you telling you what to write. ehhhhhhh

G-Men Surg.
12-19-2011, 03:12 AM
Worst thing when the Giants lose a game is all the dumb threads that pour in here. Heh this will never change.

Die-Hard
12-19-2011, 05:48 AM
stupid post.

Ok, you can make some excuses but the truth is he has been a major liabilty while on the field. I was hoping for a bit more from 1st round draft pick.

Those aren't excuses, they're facts. A rookie CB with no on the job NFL experience is going to look lost and confused 99 times out of 100. How you can't know this is beyond me. I'm guessing that you haven't been watching football for very long, so I won't go any further. Not looking for a pointless argument.

GMENAGAIN
12-19-2011, 09:15 AM
stupid post. Why? This kid has been a total bust.

Those aren't excuses, they're facts. A rookie CB with no on the job NFL experience is going to look lost and confused 99 times out of 100. How you can't know this is beyond me. I'm guessing that you haven't been watching football for very long, so I won't go any further. Not looking for a pointless argument.
</P>

Your wasting your breath arguing with this mouthbreather . . . . . </P>

Kruunch
12-19-2011, 09:40 AM

Speaking of slow and clueless ...

barran21
12-19-2011, 10:26 AM
He's a rookie, but at the same time he's showing ZERO improvement, and playing scared, like he's afraid to make a mistake out there, I am sure he will improve a lot next season.

jhamburg
12-19-2011, 10:38 AM
stupid post.

I said "could". From what I have seen he is horrible. I hope he turns it around next year. I have been called worse by better people.

Explain to me how a DB picked 19th could possibly be worse than Jamarcus Russell, a QB who was picked 1st overall, cost 35 million dollars and set his franchise back 5 years. Prince could get cut tomorrow and still not be anywhere near that bad of a pick.

I suppose he could always run Eli over in the parking lot, then maybe you'd be right.

GameTime
12-19-2011, 10:52 AM
oh stop...
jezz its his what?......5th ****ing game.....

bearbryant
12-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Okay so lets move on to a post with merit and substance not ignorance and stupidity.

davmac2BB
12-19-2011, 12:53 PM
stupid post.

He's a rookie that's been injured moron! If we had Terrell Thomas and a few other guys he probably wouldn't even be dressing. But unfortunately injuries have him on the field and he's learning.

Tony Bruno
12-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Its a bit early to say that... Remember we were calling for Webbies head for years and now he is good???

No offseason broken foot and a depleated D will pretty much be a disater regardless...

TuckYou
12-19-2011, 01:17 PM
stupid post. Why? This kid has been a total bust.</P>

Are you kidding? He has barely played and is coming off major foot surgery. Remember CWeb his first couple of years...</P>

funkybudda
12-19-2011, 01:29 PM
I am not going to call him a bust yet, but Prince sure played like a royal piece of sh*t yesterday. Then again, so was rest of the team.

Morehead State
12-19-2011, 01:53 PM
I am not going to call him a bust yet, but Prince sure played like a royal piece of sh*t yesterday. Then again, so was rest of the team.
</P>

A rookie corner, still recovering from a broken foot, with no mini camps or training camp.</P>

How stupid this entire thread is.</P>

Did any of you geniuses see Darrell Green and Everson Walls get torched as rookies? Even Revis was getting burned his rookie year.</P>

With the exception of QB, its the hardest position to learn and play as a rookie. I told everyone who were anticipating Prince's getting on the field, NOT to expect much of a contribution at all this year.</P>

buddy33
12-19-2011, 02:07 PM
</P>

A rookie corner, still recovering from a broken foot, with no mini camps or training camp.</P>

How stupid this entire thread is.</P>

Did any of you geniuses see Darrell Green and Everson Walls get torched as rookies?* Even Revis was getting burned his rookie year.</P>

With the exception of QB, its the hardest position to learn and play as a rookie.* I told everyone who were anticipating Prince's getting on the field, NOT to expect much of a contribution at all this year.</P>

As I said earlier in the thread I have seen Peterson and Smith get burned a few times this year and they did not break a foot and miss months of practice and pre season games.

Another thing to remember is that Prince did not play competitive football from about last January to about a month ago. He is behind everyone at this point of the season.

allentown PA
12-19-2011, 06:25 PM
this may go down as the worst thread ever

JMGGIANTS
12-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Worse than who?? LOL

BlueBlitzer
12-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Actually it's a toss up between Rocky Thompson and Thomas Lewis

JMGGIANTS
12-19-2011, 06:35 PM
LOL, a panel of NFL analysts selected Rocky as the worst #1 pick ever. I don't know how they arrived at that considering he was #18 overall but yes he was a major bust.

Morehead State
12-19-2011, 07:44 PM
LOL, a panel of NFL analysts selected Rocky as the worst #1 pick ever. I don't know how they arrived at that considering he was #18 overall but yes he was a major bust.</P>

Eldrige Small was worse.</P>

Plus Rocky had an awesome fro. That goes a long way.</P>

http://bernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/nfl-rocky-thompson.jpg</P>

zimonami
12-19-2011, 09:27 PM
LOL, a panel of NFL analysts selected Rocky as the worst #1 pick ever. I don't know how they arrived at that considering he was #18 overall but yes he was a major bust.
No way. Derek Brown is the worst, '92, 14th pick. Rocky was #18 in '71. Derek caught 11 passes in 3 years. Rocky caught 10 in his first year, and ran the ball quite a bit, in addition to all the kickoff returns. He sucked, but he touched the ball many dozens of times in his 3 or so years. Derek was invisible.

whakka
12-20-2011, 09:47 AM
idk, i like mooky, i hope he end up being a great corner. i think he just has to be able to shed the negativity that is surrounding him until his mind can catch up to the pros.

MattMeyerBud
12-20-2011, 09:55 AM

http://www.gtfo.ro/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Facepalm-jesus-facepalm-facepalm1.jpg

giantsfan39
12-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Yea. He is the only DB on our team who gets burned and gives up long TDs. Webster, Ross and Rolle never do that.

allentown PA
12-20-2011, 01:37 PM
anyway since this thread is a ****in joke....I''ll ask anyone see the season finale of "burn notice"??? I missed it.

Sarcasman
12-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Yea. He is the only DB on our team who gets burned and gives up long TDs. Webster, Ross and Rolle never do that.

The kid's no Elvis Patterson, that's for sure.

ChrisCalloway1282
12-20-2011, 02:10 PM
yea the season finale was really good....I would go to sidereel and watch it if you missed it, just run it through megavideo. I won't blow it for you.

allentown PA
12-20-2011, 05:17 PM
yea the season finale was really good....I would go to sidereel and watch it if you missed it, just run it through megavideo. I won't blow it for you.

thanks...good looking out on that..ill check it out on that site.

Marvelousmik
12-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Really a repeat of the other Prince is terrible thread, some people are clueless, no training camp, OTA and he miss half the season plus playing one of the hardest position to play in football.

"deon voice" PATRICK PEEEEEETA PEEEEEEEETA P P P PEEEEEEETAAASON

bigjeep
12-20-2011, 05:35 PM

He's a rookie that's been injured moron! If we had Terrell Thomas and a few other guys he probably wouldn't even be dressing. But unfortunately injuries have him on the field and he's learning.
</P>

</P>

[B] Although I exclude the term moron, I agree with you! [Y]</P>

NYSPORTS
12-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Being stupid isn't against the law and politicians love it.

Robert21156
12-20-2011, 06:41 PM
All I know is, Prince was "supposed" to be the 2nd best cornerback in the draft behind Patrick Peterson. If ANYONE here can tell me that Prince is even remotely close in ability to Peterson, then tell me when you've seen it. I said before the draft that I'd trade a 1 and a 2 for the opportunity to pick Peterson, and while he has been burned a couple of times this year (including by Eli and Nicks), he obviously has the goods. Prince looks slow and has really lacked closing speed. Hope he turns it around next year, but he just hasn't shown anything.

Hooligans
12-20-2011, 06:47 PM
All I know is, Prince was "supposed" to be the 2nd best cornerback in the draft behind Patrick Peterson.* If ANYONE here can tell me that Prince is even remotely close in ability to Peterson, then tell me when you've seen it.* I said before the draft that I'd trade a 1 and a 2 for the opportunity to pick Peterson, and while he has been burned a couple of times this year (including by Eli and Nicks), he obviously has the goods.* Prince looks slow and has really lacked closing speed.* Hope he turns it around next year, but he just hasn't shown anything.

No kidding - while Peterson is an NFL super star, Amukamura would be a disappointing 5th round pick. Amukamura is a perfect example of a college player from a loaded College team, that is less than mediocre when not surrounded by superior talent.

Robert21156
12-21-2011, 12:18 AM
We need to have someone other than our front office evaluate DB's for us, because our draft track record sucks. Phillips looked great at times his rookie year and the beginning of his 2nd before his injury but since then he's average. There's just nothing left to say about Aaron Ross that hasn't been said. I'm SO disappointed in him. Like another poster said, I'd be happier with his girl, the Olympic sprinter taking his roster spot. At least when she got burned off the line she might show some closing speed.

BurnerNYG
12-21-2011, 12:23 AM
Wow, I remember when people was saying this about Webster. Do you guys remember Eli's rookie year? He sure wasn't no Cam Newton or Andy Dalton. Y'all need to give Prince a break. Wow!

harrycarson
12-21-2011, 01:51 AM
when I watch Patrick Peterson whom is the other 1st round CB taken I see glaring differences...Prince is 3 steps away from the defender and up to this point a total bust. Yes he got injured 1 day after signing the big contract but that goes along with the bust figuring...Since he has been back he has been terrible with a few plays here and there in which even then the QB miss fired, Prince is no Peterson and not even close when you look at immediate value

Spizi
12-21-2011, 01:57 AM
People are so dumb trying to give him a pass for his ****ty play. He has been awful!!! Yes he broke his foot but that was 4 months ago!!! I can understand when he might get burned because of a missed assignment, but he is showing no skill that should be present from a number 1 pick. he looks just like he did in college, slow, bad at positioning for jump balls, and tiny trex arms that can't swat down anything. When watched his film against Blackmon I said to myself "how is this guy a first round talent?!" Blackmon abused him time and time again.

now I still believe he can be good but as of now he has shown nothing promising.

BurnerNYG
12-21-2011, 01:58 AM
when I watch Patrick Peterson whom is the other 1st round CB taken I see glaring differences...Prince is 3 steps away from the defender and up to this point a total bust. Yes he got injured 1 day after signing the big contract but that goes along with the bust figuring...Since he has been back he has been terrible with a few plays here and there in which even then the QB miss fired, Prince is no Peterson and not even close when you look at immediate valueWhen I was watching the game the other day, Prince didn't even know where to line up. I don't think he's bust though... I think he needs a veteran presence back there that's gonna coach him up. Not somebody like Grant who's gonna throw him under the bus. Sam Madison did wonders for Webster... maybe we oughta call him up to coach our DB's. I think Prince's struggles is just another reflection of how bad a defensive coordinator Fewell is.

BurnerNYG
12-21-2011, 02:00 AM
People are so dumb trying to give him a pass for his ****ty play. He has been awful!!! Yes he broke his foot but that was 4 months ago!!! I can understand when he might get burned because of a missed assignment, but he is showing no skill that should be present from a number 1 pick. he looks just like he did in college, slow, bad at positioning for jump balls, and tiny trex arms that can't swat down anything. When watched his film against Blackmon I said to myself "how is this guy a first round talent?!" Blackmon abused him time and time again.

now I still believe he can be good but as of now he has shown nothing promising.You're dumb for making quick judgements. How old are you? STFU youngin.

ru_gmen55
12-21-2011, 04:35 AM
I couldn't possibly read all 9 pages worth of posts, but I automatically disagreed with this post as soon as I read the Subject. Obviously there are A TON of reasons why it's a stupid point the raise, most of which I'm sure were already touched on by other posters. The simplest approach in my opinion, however, is "how can any guy who isn't a Top 5 overall pick that eventually busts not be the worst pick ever?" Charles Rogers? Tony Mandarich? Ryan Leaf? Even if Prince did wind up becoming a bust (which I don't think the biggest football expert in the country could possibly predict this soon), does he really trump those guys and the astronomical amount of expectations that followed them?

Hooligans
12-21-2011, 06:49 AM
I couldn't possibly read all 9 pages worth of posts, but I automatically disagreed with this post as soon as I read the Subject. Obviously there are A TON of reasons why it's a stupid point the raise, most of which I'm sure were already touched on by other posters. The simplest approach in my opinion, however, is "how can any guy who isn't a Top 5 overall pick that eventually busts not be the worst pick ever?" Charles Rogers? Tony Mandarich? Ryan Leaf? Even if Prince did wind up becoming a bust (which I don't think the biggest football expert in the country could possibly predict this soon), does he really trump those guys and the astronomical amount of expectations that followed them?

Easy-Ron Dayne was a bust at about 11th pick, Sinorice Moss was a bust at 40-something, Dave Brown was a bust as a supplemental high draft choice. Rich Glover was a bust as a first round choice. ANY first or early round draft choice that completely fails like those I already mentioned and including Prince are indeed failures. Prince was the second DB chosen...........and he has proved that he should have been a 5th round choice, at best.

foosball
12-21-2011, 06:53 AM
Prince missed half the season with surgery, practically speaking, yes he hasn't been good but he's far from a bust. Let's see how he does next year with a full training camp before he gets labeled a bust. (God willing he stays healthy)

yoeddy
12-21-2011, 10:32 AM

Easy-Ron Dayne was a bust at about 11th pick, Sinorice Moss was a bust at 40-something, Dave Brown was a bust as a supplemental high draft choice. Rich Glover was a bust as a first round choice. ANY first or early round draft choice that completely fails like those I already mentioned and including Prince are indeed failures. Prince was the second DB chosen...........and he has proved that he should have been a 5th round choice, at best.

How did he prove that?

Kingb50
12-21-2011, 11:00 AM

</P>

</P>

+1 </P>

Whoever started this post has to be a meth user.</P>

Hooligans
12-21-2011, 12:16 PM
You know Sanchez and the Jets WRS will be targeting the over-matched Prince all day, as the league now knows he cannot cover NFL Receivers. Let's just hope the Giants don't allow him to cover Holmes by himself or it will be an instant TD for the Jets. The wiser move would be to keep Prince on the bench, better yet inactive.

TroyArcher
12-21-2011, 12:35 PM

</P>

</P>

+1 </P>

</P>

Guninness, Heineken, Stella Artois, Dalmar Scotch, Patron Tequila, Glenmorangie Scotch, Jameson Whisky, French Wine but never Meth. </P>

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 12:41 PM

</p>

</p>

+1 </p>

Whoever started this post has to be a meth user.</p>

</p>

Guninness, Heineken, Stella Artois, <font size="6">Heroin,</font> Dalmar Scotch, Patron Tequila, Glenmorangie Scotch, Jameson Whisky, French Wine but never Meth. </p>

thought u were slick slipping it in there don't you?

LT_Hits
12-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Prince is not the problem, he is just a rookie thrown in because of injuries and the fact that Ross is the one killing us in coverage, what a scatter box with bad footwork too. Ross and Webster look down right ugly out there right now.

yoeddy
12-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Prince is not the problem, he is just a rookie thrown in because of injuries and the fact that Ross is the one killing us in coverage, what a scatter box with bad footwork too. Ross and Webster look down right ugly out there right now.

But Prince is the one who is getting beat on most of the critical plays...

TroyArcher
12-21-2011, 12:56 PM

</P>

</P>

+1 </P>

</P>

Guninness, Heineken, Stella Artois, <FONT size=6>Heroin,</FONT> Dalmar Scotch, Patron Tequila, Glenmorangie Scotch, Jameson Whisky, French Wine but never Meth. </P>

thought u were slick slipping it in there don't you?
</P>

Not even as a teenager in the 70's. I tried a few things but never Heroin. </P>

</P>

Sintim97
12-21-2011, 12:58 PM
he had no offseason and was out for half the season

barran21
12-21-2011, 02:09 PM
lol he's being label a bust after half a season, lol, lol, lol, but I am not surprise, Giants fans label Eli a bust after the 2005 season then that bust won a SB, and Eli the bust ain't too bad this year....

ru_gmen55
12-21-2011, 11:31 PM

First of all, you clearly didn't read the post in its entirety. There's a huge difference between a draft bust and "the worst draft bust ever." I never said it was impossible that Prince could one day be considered a draft bust...but even if he did become a draft bust, there's no chance in hell he will be as infamous as a Ryan Leaf or a Tony Mandarich. It's just not gonna happen. That's my point.

Secondly, you are overreacting like crazy...if I wasn't so sure you were just trolling, I would go into a lot more detail...but it is WAY TO SOON to label him a bust. Limited practice, limited game experience at arguably the toughest defensive position in football. C'mon, man...

RoanokeFan
12-22-2011, 12:04 AM

He shouldn't be playing because he's not ready, but they have no choice. He's just going to have to work through it.

Itlan
12-22-2011, 12:14 AM

</P>

*</P>

+1 </P>

</P>

Guninness, Heineken, Stella Artois, Dalmar Scotch, Patron Tequila, Glenmorangie Scotch, Jameson Whisky, French Wine but never Meth.* </P> So what you're trying to say is aside from making asinine posts, you have pretty terrible taste in alcohol?

Go back to the trailer park.

jhamburg
12-22-2011, 10:41 AM

</P>

*</P>

+1 </P>

</P>

Guninness, Heineken, Stella Artois, Dalmar Scotch, Patron Tequila, Glenmorangie Scotch, Jameson Whisky, French Wine but never Meth.* </P> So what you're trying to say is aside from making asinine posts, you have pretty terrible taste in alcohol?

Go back to the trailer park.

You can't knock Guinness. Then again, he can't spell Guinness either...

DragonSoul
01-16-2012, 01:47 AM
bumpity. Saved as promised.

fourth&forever
01-16-2012, 02:05 AM
http://lovehateadvertising.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/guiness-brilliant.jpg

mcmatty1984
01-16-2012, 02:19 AM
I remember in the 2007 when Corey Webster got burned on just about every single play. Revis was not spectacular when he first came in the league, the only guy who was at the position is Woodson. Corners take a while to develop and he is getting big game experience. Let it marinate.

myles2424
01-16-2012, 03:53 AM
The kid is slow and clueless, not a good combination for a cornerback perfect example of why I don't make these statements un til you can do a full evaluation........some even called JPP a bust at one time.....

DragonSoul
01-16-2012, 03:57 AM
The kid is slow and clueless, not a good combination for a cornerback perfect example of why I don't make these statements un til you can do a full evaluation........some even called JPP a bust at one time.....really, jpp lol?

A rule i go by. Keep it shut for 2-3 years for rookies. By then you can get an idea, even though it could take another yr give or take.

zimonami
01-16-2012, 10:06 AM
The kid is slow and clueless, not a good combination for a cornerback perfect example of why I don't make these statements un til you can do a full evaluation........some even called JPP a bust at one time.....really, jpp lol?

A rule i go by. Keep it shut for 2-3 years for rookies. By then you can get an idea, even though it could take another yr give or take.
It was evident that Prince was lost in the zone... as you'd expect from a rook. The more Fewell went to Man, the better Prince got..

G-Man67
01-16-2012, 10:09 AM
i didnt see 1 completed pass vs. the Prince!

giantsP28
01-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Oh holy **** are you kidding me?? Prince has been OK. Are you forgetting JaMarcus Russel?

You want one of our own picks?? Ron Dayne??

There is 10000 players you can list from the history of the NFL before Prince.

You sir, are a ****ing dumb ***.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
01-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Troy made it a point to state whenever Prince was on the field and who he was match up against. He was on Jennings & Nelson and the Rodgers didnt throw his way and from what I saw he was in good position.

The kid had no training camp missed half the season of course he is gonna make some bad plays. The fact that people make threads like this when you have names like Dayne & Joseph on the list is sickening!

Like someone else said I saw BS threads like this about JPP last season. Some of you guys are quick to jump the gun seriously!

fletch842
01-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Troy made it a point to state whenever Prince was on the field and who he was match up against. He was on Jennings & Nelson and the Rodgers didnt throw his way and from what I saw he was in good position.

The kid had no training camp missed half the season of course he is gonna make some bad plays. The fact that people make threads like this when you have names like Dayne & Joseph on the list is sickening!

Like someone else said I saw BS threads like this about JPP last season. Some of you guys are quick to jump the gun seriously!
same thing last week, after he replaced Ross vs Atlanta. Looks like he's starting to get it, and couldn't have come at a better time.

HartLock
01-16-2012, 11:42 AM

same thing last week, after he replaced Ross vs Atlanta. Looks like he's starting to get it, and couldn't have come at a better time.Agree, I saw 1 play last night where clearly Rodgers was going after him he jammed the receiver very very well making Rodgers look elsewhere. I don't think a pass was completed on him yesterday thou I could be wrong.

GMENAGAIN
01-16-2012, 02:21 PM
The kid is slow and clueless, not a good combination for a cornerback</P>

Ironically, it turns out that it is you who is slow and clueless . . . . . </P>

Gmen2005
01-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Thank god this guy has nothing to do with the Giants organization. He would have dumped Eli after 2 games.

Voldamort
01-16-2012, 02:27 PM
GIVE THE KID A CHANCE

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 05:01 AM
stupid post.

Put down the pipe DragonI am gonna save this thread for future reference. Hope you enjoy the crow!I promised I would bump this up 4 some crow serving [:)]

Mohann
02-09-2012, 05:56 AM
Horrible thread. Judging a rook halfway in a season with no training camp and after he missed most of the first part of the season with an injury is idiotic. The OP needs to grow a set and a brain while he's at it.

jakegibbs
02-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Thank god this guy has nothing to do with the Giants organization. He would have dumped Eli after 2 games.

+1 I think he did start that thread back in 2004. There were about 1000 threads on that subject. Everyone was crying that the NYG's got screwed on that deal. Where are they now? CB's need a couple of years. Why do you think all the QB's attack the rookie CB as soon as he steps onto the field?

NJ10
02-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Prince will be good, we will have 3 very good corners with Webster, TT, and Prince. Ross also played well this year.

jomo
02-09-2012, 07:59 AM
The kid is slow and clueless, not a good combination for a cornerbackHuh?

nygsb42champs
02-09-2012, 08:05 AM
He would have to go along way to be that. Lets see....Cedric Jones, Derek Brown, Thomas Lewis..etc

Tony Bruno
02-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Come on man I hope this is a joke as Im not even going to scroll down these posts to confirm???!!!</P>

</P>

1. No offseason</P>

2. Injured</P>

3. Rookie</P>

If I recall Webbie turned the corner 2-3 years later and now look... Please try and relax.. The kid is going to be good...</P>

</P>

G-Man67
02-09-2012, 11:18 AM
gotta love the knee jerk reaction ... Prince has a cool name, but he hasn't had a pick-6 and he's hurt, so he must be the worst pick ever

listen the jury is still out on him, but i take some comfort in the fact that he really was rarely if every picked on in the playoffs and you know teams love to pick on inexperienced CB