PDA

View Full Version : Prince is the 4th best CB this season

GFiP
10-17-2012, 04:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wL1K9.jpg4th in both passer rating against and 4th in completion %.

TomCat_FIN
10-17-2012, 04:47 PM
I'm not surprised. I already said a couple of days ago that it's no surprise the secondary has been much since ever since Prince came back.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
10-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Prince has been impressive. On his way to being a number one guy at this rate.

DaKraken
10-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Reps reps and more reps...what every young player needs.

Some bust huh?

TheAnalyst
10-17-2012, 05:15 PM
People always forget it took CWeb almost 3 seasons to get it down. Prince is still basically a rookie.

GFiP
10-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Prince is destroying a lot of haters.

GMan-67
10-17-2012, 05:26 PM
but he and Beatty are busts, so how is that possible?

and when are Bradshaw's retirement papers going thru

and Hix... ok i'll stop

good info !

drewz
10-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Interesting, none of the Dallas corners are on there

rainierjef
10-17-2012, 05:40 PM
It pains me that C-web is not even on that list. waht is going on with him this year? Is it an injury that we are unaware of or is C-web a product of the Front 4applying pressure. i'm going to have to dig back into previous seasons and compare to what we have so far this season...

Thank you game rewind

TheEnigma
10-17-2012, 05:45 PM
I noticed that Prince has only seen 16 passes thrown into his coverage. I'm curious if QBs are avoiding him because of his tight coverage or more so because Webster hasn't played that well this year.

rainierjef
10-17-2012, 06:17 PM
I noticed that Prince has only been seen 16 passes thrown into his coverage. I'm curious if QBs are avoiding him because of his tight coverage or more so because Webster hasn't played that well this year.
Good question, I want to say it is a bit of both. Prince's trail technique has no bait in it, he is tight on his assignments when not in zone, and C-Web has been lackluster this year, and i am pretty sure DC's are paying notice to that.

TheAussieGiant
10-17-2012, 06:33 PM
It pains me that C-web is not even on that list. waht is going on with him this year? Is it an injury that we are unaware of or is C-web a product of the Front 4applying pressure. i'm going to have to dig back into previous seasons and compare to what we have so far this season...

Thank you game rewind

Doesn't Webster have a broken hand?

Made a huge difference when Prince came back. He's played really well, although he hasn't gone against any dominant WRs yet.

I don't think Hosley has been getting enough love either. That kid is fantastic covering in the slot.

Captain Chaos
10-17-2012, 09:11 PM
The nice thing is that he's got a ton of growing room!

CruzSoldier
10-18-2012, 01:33 AM
Doesn't Webster have a broken hand?

Made a huge difference when Prince came back. He's played really well, although he hasn't gone against any dominant WRs yet.

I don't think Hosley has been getting enough love either. That kid is fantastic covering in the slot.

Huh? Prince held Jeremy Maclin to 1 catch for 6 Yards and Maclin was targeted 8 times

appodictic
10-18-2012, 01:34 AM
Huh? Prince held Jeremy Maclin to 1 catch for 6 Yards and Maclin was targeted 8 times True but Maclin was not 100%. Prince still looks good through

giantsfan420
10-18-2012, 01:51 AM
I noticed that Prince has only seen 16 passes thrown into his coverage. I'm curious if QBs are avoiding him because of his tight coverage or more so because Webster hasn't played that well this year.

i think its qbs are avoiding him. going back to the past postseason, he matched up on legit wr's and they wouldnt get targeted. prince has such amazing closing speed, he can make up for being out of position. even that pass to moss for whatever amount of yards it was, prince closed in on moss who was in full stride, and he made it look effortless. that is so huge for a corner, to have the ability to make a play on the ball/wr even if he's given up a step or two, with some coaching, prince should be able to bait plenty of qb throws...so stoked we got him from day 1

Giant stuck in Texas
10-18-2012, 01:59 AM
Interesting, none of the Dallas corners are on there
You noticed that too huh?

TheEnigma
10-18-2012, 02:13 AM
i think its qbs are avoiding him. going back to the past postseason, he matched up on legit wr's and they wouldnt get targeted. prince has such amazing closing speed, he can make up for being out of position. even that pass to moss for whatever amount of yards it was, prince closed in on moss who was in full stride, and he made it look effortless. that is so huge for a corner, to have the ability to make a play on the ball/wr even if he's given up a step or two, with some coaching, prince should be able to bait plenty of qb throws...so stoked we got him from day 1

I remember the only thing experts were able to knock him on was his lack of producing turnovers and his shorter than desired arm length but when I saw his film from Nebraska, I knew that this kid would be good. Still shocked that this talented player dropped down to us. He's missed a few tackles in the run game but I'm very pleased with his progress so far in coverage.

Holy crap, I just realized that 5 of those CBs in the top 32 are from the 2011 draft class.

Peterson at #3
Prince at #4
Sherman at #6
Culliver at #7
Chris Harris Jr at #19.

If Jimmy Smith can pick up his play replacing Webb in Baltimore, we could be talking about the 2011 CBs like people mention the 2009 WRs.