PDA

View Full Version : this is from my heart as a giants fan. please read.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Post season or not..regardless of what happens and how far we go..</P>

Changes must be made. Remember2008 when we playedthe ravens? The "true" teston the giants running game. And we churned out 200+yds on them..I forgot that feeling. I forgot how it feels to know our defense is nasty. </P>

Remember that word when describing our D? All my buddies who HATE the giants, would be like "yo dude, Giants D is nasty" dang remember that? I forgot how that feels.</P>

When 3rd and long would come and you would feel BAD for the other team? </P>

Remember those days? I'll be honest, today was probably the first day where I was watching the game. And I was seeing them play, where i just laughed...and wasn't getting violently mad because this is the Giants I have come to known. This is what 3 seasons does to a fan. I do not want to pin this on one person, but rather the organization. The NY Giants have become a joke. That is reality. </P>

MikeIsaGiant
12-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Back then I felt bad for the other team on 3rd and longs.

Now I just ****ing laugh and say "haha, first down here THEY GO!"

And boom 15+ yards.

bigjeep
12-18-2011, 08:42 PM

Changes must be made. Remember2008 when we playedthe ravens? The "true" teston the giants running game. And we churned out 200+yds on them..I forgot that feeling. I forgot how it feels to know our defense is nasty. </P>

Remember that word when describing our D? All my buddies who HATE the giants, would be like "yo dude, Giants D is nasty" dang remember that? I forgot how that feels.</P>

Remember those days? I'll be honest, today was probably the first day where I was watching the game. And I was seeing them play, where i just laughed...and wasn't getting violently mad because this is the Giants I have come to known. This is what 3 seasons does to a fan. I do not want to pin this on one person, but rather the organization. The NY Giants have become a joke. That is reality. </P>

</P>

</P>

[B] [B] [B] [B]</P>

smashndash715
12-18-2011, 08:46 PM

Changes must be made.* Remember*2008 when we played*the ravens?* The "true" test*on the giants running game.* And we churned out 200+yds on them..I forgot that feeling.* *I forgot how it feels to know our defense is nasty.* </P>

Remember that word when describing our D?* All my buddies who HATE the giants, would be like "yo dude, Giants D is nasty"* dang remember that?* I forgot how that feels.</P>

Remember those days?* I'll be honest, today was probably the first day where I was watching the game.* And I was seeing them play, where i just laughed...and wasn't getting violently mad because this is the Giants I have come to known.* This is what 3 seasons does to a fan.* I do not want to pin this on one person, but rather the organization.* The NY Giants have become a joke.* That is reality.* </P>

you are not kidding man...how can someone even have pride in this team? No emotion..i just watched the cardinals beat the browns in OT and every1 knows they arent going anywhere but they are flying around like they are playing in the super bowl and the crowd was going crazy..it seems like very few players on our team even have a passion for playing football period..it truly is a disgrace to a historic organization and hard to even stomach

BurnerNYG
12-18-2011, 08:46 PM
I agree to the fullest. Once upon a time I would be literally sick when the Giants lose but as of lately, it's like you said... I get a good laugh. This team has no personality what so ever, no passion, no heart and I couldn't care less if they lose.

TheEnigma
12-18-2011, 08:48 PM
I have a question for the older fans who watched the games in the 70's. Did they get crushed so bad because of talent or because they had no heart? I'm genuinely curious.

P_Simms_#11
12-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Post season or not..regardless of what happens and how far we go..</p>

Changes must be made. Remember2008 when we playedthe ravens? The "true" teston the giants running game. And we churned out 200+yds on them..I forgot that feeling. I forgot how it feels to know our defense is nasty. </p>

Remember that word when describing our D? All my buddies who HATE the giants, would be like "yo dude, Giants D is nasty" dang remember that? I forgot how that feels.</p>

When 3rd and long would come and you would feel BAD for the other team? </p>

Remember those days? I'll be honest, today was probably the first day where I was watching the game. And I was seeing them play, where i just laughed...and wasn't getting violently mad because this is the Giants I have come to known. This is what 3 seasons does to a fan. I do not want to pin this on one person, but rather the organization. The NY Giants have become a joke. That is reality. </p>

[B]

Roosevelt
Post season or not..regardless of what happens and how far we go..</p>

Changes must be made. Remember2008 when we playedthe ravens? The "true" teston the giants running game. And we churned out 200+yds on them..I forgot that feeling. I forgot how it feels to know our defense is nasty. </p>

Remember that word when describing our D? All my buddies who HATE the giants, would be like "yo dude, Giants D is nasty" dang remember that? I forgot how that feels.</p>

When 3rd and long would come and you would feel BAD for the other team? </p>

Remember those days? I'll be honest, today was probably the first day where I was watching the game. And I was seeing them play, where i just laughed...and wasn't getting violently mad because this is the Giants I have come to known. This is what 3 seasons does to a fan. I do not want to pin this on one person, but rather the organization. The NY Giants have become a joke. That is reality. </p>

The reality is they ruined a good tailgate with their pathetic performance.

I can't believe I froze my balls off for that.

allentown PA

Changes must be made.* Remember*2008 when we played*the ravens?* The "true" test*on the giants running game.* And we churned out 200+yds on them..I forgot that feeling.* *I forgot how it feels to know our defense is nasty.* </P>

Remember that word when describing our D?* All my buddies who HATE the giants, would be like "yo dude, Giants D is nasty"* dang remember that?* I forgot how that feels.</P>

Remember those days?* I'll be honest, today was probably the first day where I was watching the game.* And I was seeing them play, where i just laughed...and wasn't getting violently mad because this is the Giants I have come to known.* This is what 3 seasons does to a fan.* I do not want to pin this on one person, but rather the organization.* The NY Giants have become a joke.* That is reality.* </P>

agreed on everything..great post

dinz
12-18-2011, 08:50 PM
well talent stunk.. they played harder than this giant team today</P>

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 08:50 PM

In 2008 we still had a lot of Ernie's players on this team. JR has since that time removed all resemblemce of a SB team.

JR-JR-JR- GOTTA GO-GO-GO

GMENAGAIN
12-18-2011, 08:53 PM

</P>

Not sure how old you are, but over the last 20 years or so, the Giants have had a "nasty D" for all of one playoff run . . . . </P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-18-2011, 08:56 PM

</P>

Not sure how old you are, but over the last 20 years or so, the Giants have had a "nasty D" for all of one playoff run . . . . </P>

</P>

27 .. what are you trying to say bc im not tracking bro</P>

daynemustgo
12-18-2011, 08:57 PM

</P>

Not sure how old you are, but over the last 20 years or so, the Giants have had a "nasty D" for all of one playoff run . . . .* </P>

Aside from the 07 playoff run...you have to go back to Parcells before you find a truly dominant Giants defense.

SweetZombieJesus
12-18-2011, 09:01 PM
I remember. I also remember how the air came out of that 2008 team in the playoff loss to the Eagles.

I want my old team back.

I mean, we've always had these gutless performances even before 2007/2008 but now it's not even funny anymore.

Time for change, give Coughlin the gold watch and let some players walk.

I think those bad teams of the 1990s under Reeves and Fassel played with more heart.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-18-2011, 09:03 PM

</P>

Aside from the 07 playoff run...you have to go back to Parcells before you find a truly dominant Giants defense.</P>

well fans from that era must really be hurting lol</P>

daynemustgo
12-18-2011, 09:05 PM

</P>

Not sure how old you are, but over the last 20 years or so, the Giants have had a "nasty D" for all of one playoff run . . . .* </P>

Aside from the 07 playoff run...you have to go back to Parcells before you find a truly dominant Giants defense.</P>

well fans from that era must really be hurting lol</P>

I know I am. Those guys had bad games for sure but they didn't routinely rollover for backups and losing teams.

GMENAGAIN
12-18-2011, 09:07 PM
I remember. I also remember how the air came out of that 2008 team in the playoff loss to the Eagles.

I want my old team back.

I mean, we've always had these gutless performances even before 2007/2008 but now it's not even funny anymore.

I think those bad teams of the 1990s under Reeves and Fassel played with more heart.
</P>

Fassell's teams had some absolutely brutal losses . . . . . it seems to me that this trend just continued through the TC regime . . . . </P>

BurnerNYG
12-18-2011, 09:09 PM
I remember.* I also remember how the air came out of that 2008 team in the playoff loss to the Eagles.

I want my old team back.*

I mean, we've always had these gutless performances even before 2007/2008 but now it's not even funny anymore.*

</P>

Fassell's teams had some absolutely brutal losses . . . . . it seems to me that this trend just continued through the TC regime . . . . </P>Fassel's teams also played fantastic in December and actually blew teams out once in a while.

TuckYou
12-18-2011, 09:09 PM
I was saying this the.other day. We are the exact opposite of our superbowl team. No run game and no defense. Not Giants football. I kept saying how it would bite us in the end. We play in north Jersey, not San Diego or a dome. This style won't win us a championship.

BigBlue1971
12-18-2011, 09:13 PM
this defense is down right terrible! it seems that JPP is doing it all alone.</P>

Fewell even with all the injuries should field a better team than he has. </P>

im beginning to classify Fewell with Sheridan!</P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-18-2011, 09:14 PM
To be brutally honest, Tom had his shot and gave us one. I feel he and the coaches he has around him have ridden that ride out(fewell is not good). Lets all say a happy good bye to the old regimke and start from scratch with a New head coach and his staff. We need a hungry coach to come in and bring HIS asst coaches in and weed out the cannon flodder from our team and get hungry players with a comparison to CRUZZ and JPP, those are the models of offense and defense we need to aquire, all not on par..EXIT STAGE LEFT please

arkgiant
12-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Fan since 71 those teams in the 70s had no clue. It was pitiful and their game plan was horrible. They were not all wound up and running around but how could they be they were horrible. Acted kind of like Dave brown our QB in the 90s did you think he had no heart? Very similar to him. This team is just up and down. The defense seems to me to be devoid of talent due to injuries so you need to scheme around that and our coaches can't seem to do that. best way is to mix up blitzes but you have to get home. Need new coordinators coughlin and reece are ok above average.

rainierjef
12-18-2011, 09:47 PM
call me whatever you want but i turned it off at 3 mins left in the 3rd, i feel the same way bro, i laughed my *** off when i saw the way they were playing normally im screaming and violent but i just laughed, im so desensitized to it be now, to gilbride, to quinn to the lack of heart on defense, i don't even know who to blame anymore or who to praise.

bout to deploy with the army for a year went home for some leave before i get banded to go, went to the eagles game bought 350 dollar tickets just to support, look how that turned out. i don't know how i feel right now i mean im not mad and i should be from what i saw today. im like whatever whats new. just sat back and played some battlefield.

hungrrrry
12-18-2011, 09:50 PM

Remember those days?* I'll be honest, today was probably the first day where I was watching the game.* And I was seeing them play, where i just laughed...and wasn't getting violently mad because this is the Giants I have come to known.* This is what 3 seasons does to a fan.* I do not want to pin this on one person, but rather the organization.* The NY Giants have become a joke.* That is reality.* </P>I went to that avens game...last game I have been to. It was a great game and my cousin and I had a hilarious weekend then...now it seems football is too serious now

Jay_Da_Giants_Fan
12-18-2011, 10:17 PM

Great Post ... ever since the meltdown last year in the eagles game ( I slammed my flat screen into the wall after deshawn jackson took 2 steps i didnt see the return i knew that was 6 ) i swear something died in me that night ... even after 6-2 i wasnt passionate about this season and tonight is MY nail in the coffin ... this team is a JOKE ... FIRE COUGHLIN , GILBRIDE , FEWELL , QUINN & BRING IN THE CHIN!!!!!!!

elifan10
12-18-2011, 10:24 PM

Totally agree its hard to get mad because you expect it now. Fewell sucks.

Gianthunter
12-18-2011, 10:25 PM

The reality is they ruined a good tailgate with their pathetic performance.

I can't believe I froze my balls off for that.
Takes some large cajones to charge PSLs for that.

Roger Staub
12-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Dude stop ur gonna make us cry..............wha wha! Love it .....LOVE IT!

scoostraw
12-18-2011, 10:29 PM
I have a question for the older fans who watched the games in the 70's. Did they get crushed so bad because of talent or because they had no heart? I'm genuinely curious.

It was lack of talent back then. They played their @sses off most of the time. Coaching was suspect also. We have sufficient talent today. The coaching and motivation is poor.

Roger Staub
12-18-2011, 10:30 PM
GO JETS!!!!

eastbayblue
12-18-2011, 10:37 PM

Couldn't agree more, perfectly said.

FlyingTruck
12-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Yup. It has gotten to the point where I just laugh now when we do bad. It's sad..but funny. I'll still root for this team, but...
PLAYOFFS? YOU TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS?!

Coach Carter
12-18-2011, 11:20 PM

It was lack of talent back then. They played their @sses off most of the time. Coaching was suspect also. We have sufficient talent today. The coaching and motivation is poor.

Thank you, Coughlin isn't utilizing the talent.

DemandedAce
12-18-2011, 11:24 PM

Man, could not agree with you more. I took my grandfather to the game today and we were just sitting there as the stadium was emptying out in the fourth quarter and I turned to him and said, "I can't even get that mad right, this is something I've gotten numb to seeing lately and it kills me to admit it." and he just agreed, no other words for it. It's sad and embarrassing that I can't even dig inside myself to get mad and frustrated with these RIDICULOUS mental errors and probably worst 3D % in the league... I hate myself for not being able to get too upset... I'm numb, thanks Giants

JMGGIANTS
12-18-2011, 11:25 PM
I agree to the fullest. Once upon a time I would be literally sick when the Giants lose but as of lately, it's like you said... I get a good laugh. This team has no personality what so ever, no passion, no heart and I couldn't care less if they lose.
You sum it up for me. I am pretty well disgusted with this team to the point of not caring what happens to close this season out. Todays effort was one of the biggest letdowns I have experienced as a Giants fan. There is lack of leadership and character on this team.

JMFP2
12-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Regardless of the distance, I have absolutely no faith our defense can stop any team.</P>

3rd and 17..... 3 man rush......that's all I needed to see today to know I really don't want to see Fewell on the sidelines anyone.</P>

But really, Gilbridewas awful today, too.....and his offensive players were even worse.</P>

BParcells777
12-18-2011, 11:30 PM

Some Like Rob Carpenter (never failed inside the 10) and John Mendenhall (NStompinick Studid with speed sideline to sideline) had tons of talent but they played with 50% stiffs.....and generally bad QBs

I'd say we are at a 1978 level right now........might lose to some of those Brad Van Pelt/Brian Kelly D's

This Coach HAS TO GO.......the buck stops with him, and its time to walk the plank for the good of the franchise......no more empoty promise and blaming it on "Execution".......time to literally get executed (fired)........before the Plane towing the NO MORE HEARTLESS FOOTBALL banner flies again over the World's largest York Outdoor Air Conditioner.......you would think for 1.5 Billion you could build something a little more aesthetically pleasing

NYfanatic
12-18-2011, 11:31 PM
GO JETS!!!!

They dont look so good getting pounded by the iggles today.

NYfanatic
12-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Is sad that I would bet on the colts to beat us next week. Yea we are that bad right now.

JMGGIANTS
12-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Nick's drop which should have been a TD set the wheels in motion for the dismal performance.

fightngiant
12-18-2011, 11:46 PM
now on third and long we rush 3 and sent a de in coverage lol what a change ftl