PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Rivalries Currently In the NFL (ESPN)

Riverdance
10-18-2012, 11:47 AM
1. Steelers/Ravens
2. Jets/Patriots
3. Cowboys/Giants
4. Bears/Packers
5. Falcons/Saints
6. Cowboys/Redskins
7. Chargers/Raiders
8. Steelers/Browns
9. Titans/Texans
10.Vikings/Packers

No Redskins/Giants? feelsbadman.jpg

Well, they'll learn soon enough.

btbrennan
10-18-2012, 11:50 AM
1. Steelers/Ravens
2. Jets/Patriots
3. Cowboys/Giants
4. Bears/Packers
5. Falcons/Saints
6. Cowboys/Redskins
7. Chargers/Raiders
8. Steelers/Browns
9. Titans/Texans
10.Vikings/Packers

No Redskins/Giants? feelsbadman.jpg

Well, they'll learn soon enough.

When was your team relevant again?

btbrennan
10-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Surprised it's not Giants/Eagles though

Riverdance
10-18-2012, 12:10 PM
When was your team relevant again?

We're relevant now.

brb Redskins games get highest ratings of any NFL team (except NYJ and Dallass)

NASTI-D-AWSUM-O
10-18-2012, 12:55 PM
I just "Googled" .....last time Washington.......and auto search immediately selected "last time Washington Redskins made the playoffs"
Tells the whole story dont it...LMFAO...... They wont be there this year either... RG3 better stay in the pocket and throw some interceptions this Sunday,
or he gonna get knocked out for the season........BIG BLUE GONNA KILL YOU !!!!!!

NASCARBLITZ
10-18-2012, 01:29 PM
seriously titans vs texans..yeah that goes back ages...how is it possible to put cowboys vs giants and not giants vs eagles imho it is the nastiest oldest rivalry..sure you can say packers bears but lets be honest when have the bears really been a good team..before 2006....1985..nuff said

NASCARBLITZ
10-18-2012, 01:30 PM
falcons saints hahahahah what a joke that list is

ShakeandBake
10-18-2012, 01:33 PM
No Packers/Giants?

NASCARBLITZ
10-18-2012, 01:38 PM
what about giants vs dolphins...london mud bowl 2? how can that not make the list

Riverdance
10-18-2012, 01:42 PM
seriously titans vs texans..yeah that goes back ages...how is it possible to put cowboys vs giants and not giants vs eagles imho it is the nastiest oldest rivalry..sure you can say packers bears but lets be honest when have the bears really been a good team..before 2006....1985..nuff said

The Titans used to play in Houston until they got their team ripped from them. There is a lot of resentment for that in Houston. Seems like one of those rivalries you cant understand unless you live in Nashville or Houston.

BlueBlitzer
10-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Even though the Giants/ Redskins are the oldest rivalry in the NFC-east, it has always been the Giants/Cowboys .Blame it on Landry with the record He compiled against us. ( We are still not ahead in games Won/Lost ). The Glitz, Glamor, and their Boasting to the entire world ( Yes we have a hole in our roof, so the Almighty can watch His favorite team play ) Labeling themselves as America's Team, Dooms Day Defense all that crap. Yes it will always be about whipping these Braggarts. Now to put an exclamation point on it. We have our old beloved Bill Parcells telling JJ ( Of all people ) I'm tired of selling cars in the Parking lot, I want to sell them in a Showroom ". Gag, Puke, and Hurl !

NJAquaman
10-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Surprised it's not Giants/Eagles though Agree should be in the top 5...

TroyArcher
10-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Your team has to be relevant at least in the past decade to qualify.

Rodgers12
10-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Bears were really good in 2010. They went 11-5 and we played in the NFC Championship game. That really renewed the rivalry.

NASCARBLITZ
10-18-2012, 04:34 PM
The Titans used to play in Houston until they got their team ripped from them. There is a lot of resentment for that in Houston. Seems like one of those rivalries you cant understand unless you live in Nashville or Houston. thanks for the history lesson as if i didnt know their was a houston oilers..still makes no sense

NASCARBLITZ
10-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Bears were really good in 2010. They went 11-5 and we played in the NFC Championship game. That really renewed the rivalry.bears were good? the same bears we knocked out 3 qbs with like 9 sacks at haltime bears...the same bears we whooped by like 20 point bears..no they werent good they still arent cutler sucks and so does that o line they are going nowhere

Riverdance
10-18-2012, 04:47 PM
thanks for the history lesson as if i didnt know their was a houston oilers..still makes no sense

How does it make no sense?

Texans fans think Titans fans are dirty, trailer park trash who root for a stolen team and Titans fans think Texans fans are snobbish, brash fairweather fans who know nothing about football.

I visit down there frequently and Texan/Titan games always have a college like/intense atmosphere

Rivalries do exist outside of the NFC Beast lol

However, I do think Cowboys/Redskins should be higher

miked1958
10-18-2012, 06:14 PM
No Packers/Giants?lol, I know Rogers12 will be crushed

bigblue2088
10-18-2012, 06:38 PM
you guys kno riverdance is really Cowboy fan right?

giantyankee1976
10-18-2012, 08:12 PM
Surprised it's not Giants/Eagles though

this, seriously

as for the Skins, who gives a **** ?

tabascocat
10-18-2012, 08:54 PM
1. Any NFCE team/Any NFCE team
2. GB/Chi
3. Pitt/Balt
4. NYG/NYJ
5. NE/NYJ

Then any combination of GB, SF, Dal, NYG, Pitt, all IMO only.

bigblue2088
10-18-2012, 09:16 PM
1. Any NFCE team/Any NFCE team
2. GB/Chi
3. Pitt/Balt
4. NYG/NYJ
5. NE/NYJ

Then any combination of GB, SF, Dal, NYG, Pitt, all IMO only.the redskins vs eagles is the best rivalry in the NFL? okay

tabascocat
10-18-2012, 09:34 PM
the redskins vs eagles is the best rivalry in the NFL? okay

No, but I didn't want to type all of that but the skins against us or NY is a lot more than skins/philly.

1a. Any NFCE team minus Wash/Any NFCE team minus Philly

1b. Dal/NY, Dal/Wash, Dal/Phil, NY/Wash, NY/Phil, Phil/NY

Which one do you prefer? :)

bigblue2088
10-18-2012, 09:39 PM
No, but I didn't want to type all of that but the skins against us or NY is a lot more than skins/philly.

1a. Any NFCE team minus Wash/Any NFCE team minus Philly

1b. Dal/NY, Dal/Wash, Dal/Phil, NY/Wash, NY/Phil, Phil/NY

Which one do you prefer? :)1A sounds better, haha I kno what u mean but I think there the best is Pitt/Bal, NY/Phi is the best in the division and that's 3 on my list

tabascocat
10-18-2012, 09:50 PM
1A sounds better, haha I kno what u mean but I think there the best is Pitt/Bal, NY/Phi is the best in the division and that's 3 on my list

The only reason I don't have Pitt/Balt at the top is because Balt came in in '96. That isn't long enough to build a real rivalry IMO. If anything, maybe Pitt/Clev (was the orig Clev that moved to Balt).

As for NY/Phil, I don't have the mindset you do for those games, so I would compare Dall/Wash against that one.

Riverdance
10-18-2012, 09:51 PM
1A sounds better, haha I kno what u mean but I think there the best is Pitt/Bal, NY/Phi is the best in the division and that's 3 on my list

Let's be real.

Dal/Was > NY/PHI

bigblue2088
10-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Let's be real.

Dal/Was > NY/PHIhahaha lets be real Geno Smith >>>> RG3

bigblue2088
10-18-2012, 09:53 PM
The only reason I don't have Pitt/Balt at the top is because Balt came in in '96. That isn't long enough to build a real rivalry IMO. If anything, maybe Pitt/Clev (was the orig Clev that moved to Balt).

As for NY/Phil, I don't have the mindset you do for those games, so I would compare Dall/Wash against that one.its just their fanss man, you should kno what I mean

Riverdance
10-18-2012, 09:57 PM
its just their fanss man, you should kno what I mean

That awkward moment when you wanna diss Cowboys fans but one is in the thread....

Anyways lol, RG3 > Geno Smith. Geno cant scramble and is ugly

bigblue2088
10-18-2012, 09:59 PM
That awkward moment when you wanna diss Cowboys fans but one is in the thread....

Anyways lol, RG3 > Geno Smith. Geno cant scramble and is uglyI was dissing eagle fans.... cowboy fan

bigblue2088
10-18-2012, 10:04 PM

Anyways lol, RG3 > Geno Smith. Geno cant scramble and is uglyhahahhahahha your bringing up Smith's looks into the who's better debate? lmfaooo ima be laughin bout this for mad long

Riverdance
10-18-2012, 10:06 PM
I was dissing eagle fans.... cowboy fan

You would get beaten up if you went to DC and accused people of being a Dallass Cowgirls fan. And no I'm not a Cowgirls fan

brb I actually have a brain
brb I actually know football
brb I'm not a bandwagoning piece of ish
brb I'm not annoying as ish
brb I'm not a delusional hillybilly
brb brb

Riverdance
10-18-2012, 10:10 PM
hahahhahahha your bringing up Smith's looks into the who's better debate? lmfaooo ima be laughin bout this for mad long

Well RG3 is a sexy man (no homo). Very fit to be the next face of the league. After we win the Super Bowl this year, just imagine all the endoresement deals we're gonna get.

bigblue2088
10-18-2012, 10:11 PM
You would get beaten up if you went to DC and accused people of being a Dallass Cowgirls fan. And no I'm not a Cowgirls fan

brb brbyou know football and aren't delusional, yet your saying the skins are winning the Super Bowl this year.... seems legit

Riverdance
10-18-2012, 10:15 PM
you know football and aren't delusional, yet your saying the skins are winning the Super Bowl this year.... seems legit

That's right. Who's gonna stop us? Dallass and Philadelphia are irrelevant and the Giants are scared ****less of us. Theres even a rumor down here that Giants Management tried to go to Roger Goodell to get rid of the Redskins game before the season LMAO!

And we took ATL to the limit earlier this year.

bigblue2088
10-18-2012, 10:20 PM
That's right. Who's gonna stop us? Dallass and Philadelphia are irrelevant and the Giants are scared ****less of us. Theres even a rumor down here that Giants Management tried to go to Roger Goodell to get rid of the Redskins game before the season LMAO!

And we took ATL to the limit earlier this year.congrats for taking a team we demolished to the limit. and Dallas only has 1 s sir

Riverdance
10-18-2012, 10:27 PM
congrats for taking a team we demolished to the limit. and Dallas only has 1 s sir

It's a more polished team this year. Matty Ice is playing out of his skull and Julio Jones is more polished. With that being said, we would have won if the refs were being idiots and if the Falcons were being cheap shot artists taking shots at RG3.

And Dallass always has 2 S's. ALWAYS.

bigblue2088
10-18-2012, 10:30 PM
It's a more polished team this year. Matty Ice is playing out of his skull and Julio Jones is more polished. With that being said, we would have won if the refs were being idiots and if the Falcons were being cheap shot artists taking shots at RG3.

And Dallass always has 2 S's. ALWAYS.ight man whatever you say, and that was a perfectly clean hit on RG3, if u don't want to get hit don't run straight at linebackers. And I'm sorry but I still don't believe your a skin fans, I'm convinced your a cowboy troll

tabascocat
10-18-2012, 10:37 PM

And we took ATL to the limit earlier this year.

Dallas has a better chance of going to the SB that you skunks, and I don't even think we are going. This division is the Giants to lose and if we beat Carlolina followed up with our first home win against NY, then the East should be on notice :)

Not that I think we can roll out two in a row, but never say never. Congrats on your almost win against an overrated ATL. We will show you how to beat them in a few weeks.

Moke
10-18-2012, 10:48 PM
We're relevant now.

brb Redskins games get highest ratings of any NFL team (except NYJ and Dallass)

Your team isn't relevant. Get over yourself.

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Foreskins vs. The Knife. Is that what you are looking for??

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRocsJP8iaxmPaSeDXdTOye3HO7AJOpi JdhjO9krFV3Ziefug20

SweetZombieJesus
10-19-2012, 06:57 AM
The Titans used to play in Houston until they got their team ripped from them. There is a lot of resentment for that in Houston. Seems like one of those rivalries you cant understand unless you live in Nashville or Houston.

Like Cleveland-Baltimore.

Riverdance
10-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Like Cleveland-Baltimore.

In a way, but that rivalry is pretty one sided. Ratbird fans dont give a fuark about the Browns.

Moke
10-19-2012, 03:38 PM
In a way, but that rivalry is pretty one sided. Ratbird fans dont give a fuark about the Browns.

Like we don't give a fuark about the Redskins.

BROADWAYSTORM
10-20-2012, 01:38 PM
GIANTS/49ERS NEEDS TO BE UP THERE. GIANTS/EAGLES IS A GREATER RIVALRY THAN COWBOYS. BUT THE EAGLES HAVE OWNED US LATELY.

tonyt830
10-20-2012, 05:07 PM
The Titans used to play in Houston until they got their team ripped from them. There is a lot of resentment for that in Houston. Seems like one of those rivalries you cant understand unless you live in Nashville or Houston.I live in Tennessee, and most Titans fans I know and work with, consider the Ravens and Steelers more of a rival than the Texans right now---that goes back to the days of the Old AFC Central when you had the Oiler, Steelers, Browns and Bengals. Even at 1 point the Jaguars were more of a rival of the Titans than the Texans are now.

tonyt830
10-20-2012, 05:16 PM

brb brbI'm not up on all of the internet slang and abbreviations, but what is brb all about? From what I understand brb is internet slang for "Be right back' Or am I missing something? Do you mean to say BTW, which would mean "by the way"

tonyt830
10-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Well RG3 is a sexy man (no homo). Very fit to be the next face of the league. After we watch a team, other then the Redskins,win the Super Bowl this year, just imagine all the endoresement deals they will get.

That's right. Who's gonna stop us? Dallas, Giants and Philadelphia are more than capable of doing so. Even college teams and the local high school are not scared ****less of us. Theres even a rumor down here that Daniel Snyder tried to pay Roger Goodell a higher salary if he let the Redskins ignore the salary cap.

And we took ATL to the limit earlier this year but we could not close the deal but got a moral victory anyway.

It's a more polished team this year. Matty Ice is playing out of his skull and Julio Jones is more polished but Atlanta has not proven anything in the playoffs when it counts most. With that being said, we did not win even if the refs would have handed us the game and if the Falcons were playing dirty trying to injure Bob.

And Dallas never has 2 S's, unless you failed spelling in elementary school. ALWAYS.fixed up a few of your posts for you!

giantyankee1976
10-20-2012, 06:32 PM
..Theres even a rumor down here that Giants Management tried to go to Roger Goodell to get rid of the Redskins game before the season

what kind of an idiot are you? When would the League ever eliminate Divisional games, and that's games with an "s" BTW, not BRB.

Not only are you delusional but your stoopider than a MFer...yes stoopider... moron