PDA

View Full Version : Five Areas To Monitor As The Redskins Prepare For The Giants

RoanokeFan
10-18-2012, 01:45 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/10/17/five-areas-to-monitor-as-the-redskins-prepare-for-the-giants/

Excerpt: "Week 6 is in the books, and now the Washington Redskins (http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins) turn their attention to their meeting with the New York Giants Sunday afternoon at MetLife Stadium.

It’s the team’s first NFC East matchup and the first of back-to-back road games.

The Giants present a tough challenge on both sides of the ball, ranking second in total offense and third in points scored. On defense, New York boasts an aggressive pass rush and has held opponents to 19 points a game – seventh-fewest in the NFL.

Here are five areas to monitor as the Redskins prepare for what figures to be one of their stiffest tests yet.

1.) Garcon’s health – The Redskins will try to give wide receiver Pierre Garcon some rest in hopes that his lingering foot injury will heal, but they don’t know if that means they will be with or without him Sunday. A healthy Garcon would bring an added element of explosiveness to an offense that already ranks third in the league in yards gained and points per game. But Garcon has shown that while playing hurt, he is a non-factor. The Redskins will monitor him this week and try to get an idea of his availability by week’s end.

2.) Secondary tweaks – For two straight games now, Washington’s secondary has now managed to eliminate the big pass plays that torched them for much of the first quarter of the season, and the defensive backs combined for two interceptions and a touchdown versus Minnesota. Now prepping for the third-best passing attack in the league, defensive coordinator Jim Haslett will continue to look for ways to get more out of his players. The team has been without cornerback Cedric Griffin three straight games now (hamstring), and possibly could get him back this week." Read more...

GameTime
10-18-2012, 02:16 PM
will intersting to see what the Giants D will approach this....

RoanokeFan
10-18-2012, 02:23 PM
will intersting to see what the Giants D will approach this....

I was thinking they could put Osi on a 30 foot chain so he can't overplay :p

Actually I think keeping Kiwi on the line will be the key

GameTime
10-18-2012, 02:26 PM
I was thinking they could put Osi on a 30 foot chain so he can't overplay :p

Actually I think keeping Kiwi on the line will be the key

Osi on a chain....hmmm.......not a bad idea....

Multiple looks and run blitzes I think from Fewell.