PDA

View Full Version : Look For Big Blue To Score Early And Often

BlueBlitzer
10-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Washington is last in TDs ( 15 ) scored against them, Passing Yards against them.Over 300 I believe. When Eli and co. go ahead by 2 scores, Washington will have to abandon the run. ( Just like the Niners did )

Diamondring
10-18-2012, 01:54 PM
But with RGlll, every play can be a run. I also say that every pass play is an option with RGlll passing and running.

Cloud57
10-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Washington also has the ability to score a lot of points, so even if we're ahead by 2 TDs the defense has to be sharp for all 4 Qtrs

GameTime
10-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Washington is last in TDs ( 15 ) scored against them, Passing Yards against them.Over 300 I believe. When Eli and co. go ahead by 2 scores, Washington will have to abandon the run. ( Just like the Niners did )

RG III has a 70% completion ratio and 100+ passer rating. The Kid can throw. Dont be fooled by this "he can only run stuff"....

BlueBlitzer
10-18-2012, 02:11 PM
RG III has a 70% completion ratio and 100+ passer rating. The Kid can throw. Dont be fooled by this "he can only run stuff"....

I don't care if He Can Run, Pass, and sell Hot Dogs at the same time. He will not out score our Offense.

GameTime
10-18-2012, 02:13 PM
I don't care if He Can Run, Pass, and sell Hot Dogs at the same time. He will not out score our Offense.
not saying he will. Just pointing out that the kid can pass as well.
The Giants D will be the factor in the game. The Giants O will get their points for sure.

ashleymarie
10-18-2012, 02:15 PM

So you are expecting a shoot-out?

GameTime
10-18-2012, 02:19 PM
exactly....that means the Giants D is getting torched. Thats the last thing I want to see. No that the Giants O cant match that but I would rathjer see the D limit the Skins O.

BlueBlitzer
10-18-2012, 02:27 PM

The Giants have more weapons on Offense, Defense, and STs. ( And when was the last time we could say that ? )

joemorrisforprez
10-18-2012, 05:11 PM
I've become conditioned to sloppy performances at MetLife. I'm expecting a tough, stressful game.

slipknottin
10-18-2012, 05:14 PM

well sort of. They scheme him to get him a lot of easy passes. lots of screens, slant after a play action is a particular favorite.

If the giants LBs dont bite on play action, they can come up with some big plays.

While he has a good arm and is accurate, he does not spend much time reading coverage and going through his progression, either.

Astorian
10-18-2012, 05:46 PM
He's a good pocket passer, is at least as good an athlete as Vick or Newton, has excellent throwing mechanics, including a very fast release, and can throw accurately on the run, even across his body. It's not going to be easy to contain him. Furthermore the running game has improved several notches with Morris.

Overall we overmatch them, and should be able to take control as the game wears on. But we will have to bring our 'A' game. Anything less will result in another home nailbiter.

giantsfan420
10-18-2012, 06:35 PM
well sort of. They scheme him to get him a lot of easy passes. lots of screens, slant after a play action is a particular favorite.

If the giants LBs dont bite on play action, they can come up with some big plays.

While he has a good arm and is accurate, he does not spend much time reading coverage and going through his progression, either.
he completed 19 passes vs NO iirc, 11 were throws behind the LOS.
Washington literally runs what baylor ran a lot of the time. a lot of quick swing pass off the option read. its actually a pretty smart way to keep rg3 lethal until he maturates as a qb. but it wont threaten us too much if our secondary maintains their responsibilities. they can't bite on something stupid and let Moss get behind us for an easy TD. I've noticed Washington lives and dies with the big play. force RG3 and that offense into a 15 play drive and their success rate drops a lot. whereas we can score with a long methodical drive or the big play. it'll be entertaining but i fully expect the DL to welcome RG3 to the NFCE. Remember, this is his first go at the division rivalry...the hits are harder and game moves faster. dont even be surprised if rg3 has a shaky game...

GameTime
10-18-2012, 06:39 PM

dont care .....he is a rookie with a 70% completion. Still a great begining fort the kid and they cant take his passing skill for granted..

NYGabriel
10-18-2012, 06:47 PM
If Giants start as badly as they did against Cleveland there'll be no coming back this time. Some early points would be nice.

GameTime
10-18-2012, 06:50 PM
If Giants start as badly as they did against Cleveland there'll be no coming back this time. Some early points would be nice.
I wouldnt say that. I am not saying they should get in a hole but........

moose11
10-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Really no coming back......Not that we want to get into a major hole early but you do know that the Redskins are the worst pass defense in the league. If anything THEY have the matchup issues not us. Bob is a rookie,who is off to a good start but this is his first divisional game.

NYGabriel
10-18-2012, 07:45 PM
We lost twice to RG 'three and out' last season. I think RGIII will cause us more problems.

Captain Chaos
10-18-2012, 08:16 PM
I agree take the lead early and make RGIII beat you with his arm, problem is though he can hit a home run on any pitch. He gets scrambling back there and finds an opening it could be a very high scoring game!

Denaliman316
10-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Eli had bad games against them and Nicks dropped a TD pass that would have changed the tone of that game. Not to mention we had no run game which we have now.

Tampa pretty much beat them. The plan should be the one we used for the first Eagles game last year against Vick.

JJC7301
10-18-2012, 11:27 PM
They'd better. I'm not in the mood for some typical sad-sack face-plant at home like the Giants ALWAYS do when you expect them to win and they look they're about to go on a nice streak.

They could really use the division win and putting a little distance between themselves and the NFC East competition.

I believe that they will win this weekend, but I'm just not in the mood for one of their home field collapses.

BlueBlitzer
10-19-2012, 03:29 AM
I cannot see the skins scaring the Giants. Look for Wilson to break several Kos, and maybe take one to the house. Look for Eli to be able to sit back, scanning the field, and throw 20 Yd strikes like it was target practice. The Defense will corral RG III ( Like they did to Cam Newton ) stop their running game ( Like they did to the Niners ) And score like a Pinball machine ( Like they did to the Browns ).

MrDenmark
10-19-2012, 04:58 AM
I think there is a thing about RG3 that isn't mentioned too often: He takes very few chances when throwing the ball. Why does he get 70% completions? Because he tucks the ball and runs whenever the throw looks less-than-perfect? All I'm saying is that it's part of the equation, but as long as he wins he isn't forced to change it.

Let's force him...