PDA

View Full Version : Giants need alot more Kiwi, and lot less Osi at DE this Sunday

joemorrisforprez
10-18-2012, 04:32 PM
It's no surprise to me that the Giants defense rebounded with Kiwi playing alot of snaps at DE.

I really hope we see less Osi and more Kiwi on the defensive line...... Osi is flat out terrible in contain, and that's what they are going to need. RG3 will kill the Giants if they jump out of their gaps, and Osi has been awful this season in that regard.

Kiwi can push the pocket, play the run, and he's got those crazy long arms just like JPP...... I'd like to see him and JPP at DE.

It would also be huge if Canty can play this week....I know he's practicing now.

I think this is going to be a very tough game.....it could come down to few huge plays, and if so, I think Kiwi is better suited to prevent them when the Redskins have the ball and are looking to run.

slipknottin
10-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Osi played fine against cam newton, and against kapernick.

Marvelousmik
10-18-2012, 04:54 PM
you mean a lot less tuck?

RoanokeFan
10-18-2012, 04:56 PM

Tuck actually got very good grades from PFF

RoanokeFan
10-18-2012, 05:01 PM
It's no surprise to me that the Giants defense rebounded with Kiwi playing alot of snaps at DE.

I really hope we see less Osi and more Kiwi on the defensive line...... Osi is flat out terrible in contain, and that's what they are going to need. RG3 will kill the Giants if they jump out of their gaps, and Osi has been awful this season in that regard.

Kiwi can push the pocket, play the run, and he's got those crazy long arms just like JPP...... I'd like to see him and JPP at DE.

It would also be huge if Canty can play this week....I know he's practicing now.

I think this is going to be a very tough game.....it could come down to few huge plays, and if so, I think Kiwi is better suited to prevent them when the Redskins have the ball and are looking to run.

I think with Osi it's situational and it really has always been that way. Losing Canty, and perhaps Bernard to a lesser extent , was more of a blow than I think we realized starting the season. Austin and Kuhn have been plugged in and I don't have any serious complaints about either but it did significantly alter the available talent on the D Line.

Kiwanuka is great in run defense at both the LB and DL positions. Now we have other LBs who can maintain that group's presence on the field so we may see Kiwanuka with his hand in ten dirt a lot more often.

coachbobbyfinst
10-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Ya'll must be crazy. Osi and Tucky have been playing better of late and are about to BLOW UP!!
Obvi Tuck played his best game of yea ron Sunday, how you gonna sit him?!?!?

joemorrisforprez
10-18-2012, 05:27 PM
I think with Osi it's situational and it really has always been that way. Losing Canty, and perhaps Bernard to a lesser extent , was more of a blow than I think we realized starting the season. Austin and Kuhn have been plugged in and I don't have any serious complaints about either but it did significantly alter the available talent on the D Line.

Kiwanuka is great in run defense at both the LB and DL positions. Now we have other LBs who can maintain that group's presence on the field so we may see Kiwanuka with his hand in ten dirt a lot more often.

That was the case against a punishing 49er running team, and it's clear to me it was a big difference with the D-Line.

nhpgiantsfan
10-18-2012, 05:31 PM

Osi had his most disciplined game against Cam. He held contain very well.

Toadofsteel
10-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Osi had his most disciplined game against Cam. He held contain very well.

And then he did absolutely nothing vs the Eagles. ***** just ran right around him, as did ****ty mccoy...

GMan-67
10-18-2012, 06:08 PM
you will get more Kiwi along the D-line, but not b/c of Osi

b/c it worked vs. SF

and Bernard and Canty are unlikely to play vs. the Skins ,,, JPP took a lot DT snaps ... Tuck and Kiwi took some and obviously Kiwi got a good number of DE snaps

Captain Chaos
10-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Thought Osi did a nice job, but thought it was good to see Kiwi taking snaps on the D line!

nycisgreat
10-18-2012, 09:30 PM

Lmao, agreed. Osi and Blackburn get alot of flack as if the entire defense was performing well and they were.

BlueMonstaahhs
10-18-2012, 09:42 PM
I feel like you guys give Tuck so much **** on this board but the man has been playing DE and DT while we have been shallow depth wise at DT. Every DE performs better when there is a solid rotation of players behind them and they are able to get some rest between groups of snaps and Tuck is no different. I think that since they have been allowing Kiwi to do his thing on the line again, Tuck has been able to get a little more rest and I think that he will improve immensely through the rest of the season. He certainly looked better last Sunday, as did the whole line. Again, with a good rotation everyone is MUCH more likely to play up to their potential.