PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Ahmad Bradshaw Says Foot Is Fine, Ready To Shoulder The Load On Sunday

RoanokeFan
10-18-2012, 05:26 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/giants_ahmad_bradshaw_says_foo.html#incart_river

Excerpt: "Foot injuries have plagued Ahmad Bradshaw in the past, but the running back told reporters today that the foot injury that kept him out of practice Wednesday was the result of someone stepping on his foot late in Sunday's win against the 49ers and not serious.

"I feel good, man. No setbacks and I'm ready to go," said Bradshaw, who was limited in practice today after missing yesterday's session. "I just got stepped on during the game and it just hurt the bone a little bit, but I'm cool." Read more...

joemorrisforprez
10-18-2012, 05:32 PM
More Wilson, please......Brown as well....no need to lean on 1 guy when all 3 backs have shown they are effective.

Alot of football left.....don't need our most experienced guy out of gas in December.

RoanokeFan
10-18-2012, 06:10 PM
More Wilson, please......Brown as well....no need to lean on 1 guy when all 3 backs have shown they are effective.

Alot of football left.....don't need our most experienced guy out of gas in December.

You will see Bradshaw getting the majority of the snaps after posting 200 and 100 yard games back to back. Brown will get some and maybe Wilson will get a few as well.

GameTime
10-18-2012, 06:43 PM
he is still only 26 years old. The Giants will prob be somehwat prudent with him I am sure.

BigBlueAllDay
10-18-2012, 07:48 PM
I'd be wary about using Bradshaw for an almost an entire game every time to avoid wearing him out by the end of the season. It was necessary versus a defense like the 49ers, but when A. Brown or D. Wilson can get the job done against weaker run defenses, Bradshaw should get more breaks here and there during the games.

Captain Chaos
10-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Good to hear!

JJC7301
10-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Aaaahhhhhhhhhhh, I don't necessarily believe him. AB will go out on the field if he had lost his foot in a chainsaw accident.

They need to give Brown some touches (keep him warmed up and in the groove), and give AB a breather. The guy hasn't had healthy feet since he was a baby, for goodness sake.

CowboysSuck
10-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Its all part of the plan. We know we have 3 backs who are capable of taking an entire game workload. I'm just extremely confused as to why we arent actually running the plan. Whatever happened to running back by committee that was so successful here for so many years?

ashleymarie
10-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Bradshaw is a consumate player, always ready (when healthy) and always willing. Good attitude and wants the ball. After he has worn down the D he owns the field. Love the guy.

BillTheGreek
10-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Use Bradshaw for most of the game ! He's ready to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Give him the ball,

RoanokeFan
10-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Don't Use Bradshaw for the entire game ! If at all, you have Great Back ups ! Give him a rest,Let that Foot Heal another Week ! Go Giants ! They are not going to sit Bradshaw

Flip Empty
10-19-2012, 11:05 AM
I've no problem with them pounding it with Bradshaw; it's been working so far. The only thing that annoys me is that they keep him in when the game is over. I just want to see Wilson haha

Astorian
10-19-2012, 01:26 PM
His foot is ready to shoulder the load?

BillTheGreek
10-19-2012, 05:20 PM
They are not going to sit Bradshaw

Lets Leave it up to the Doc ! / If he gives him the Green Light Then let him PLAY.........

btbrennan
10-19-2012, 05:33 PM
AB is unbelievably tough.

Cloud57
10-19-2012, 05:49 PM
They are not going to sit Bradshaw

He wants to play

NYGiantsFan56
10-19-2012, 06:15 PM
I say dress Bradshaw but sit him unless absolutely needed. Brown and Wilson alone can do significant damage to the Skins. Anyway this is shaping up to be a passing game. Redskins secondary is so bad that Eli could easily pass for over 400 yards if they use a 4 wide receiver set. Look for Eli to torch them

RoanokeFan
10-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Lets Leave it up to the Doc ! / If he gives him the Green Light Then let him PLAY.........

He has the green light from the medical staff.

Giantz4Life
10-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Like RF said, they will not sit Bradshaw just to give him a rest. We need him out there. I'm sure he probably won't see 20+ touches, but we need him in the game.

I think some are forgetting the importance of this game, and how it affects the outcome of the division. We NEED this win.

NJBLUE
10-19-2012, 07:15 PM
He's also a great blocker!

BillTheGreek
10-19-2012, 11:10 PM
He has the green light from the medical staff.

Then he PLAYS !......................Then he Runs down their Throats !

JesseJames
10-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Bradshaw says his foot feels fine and that he's ready to go and take the load on his back and then we read that he's questionable, whats with that..

NorwoodBlue
10-20-2012, 10:28 AM
The bravado is always fine right up to the point where somebody gets injured, and then everyone wants to know why the guy was still on the field in the mop up roll. There's no way in hell Bradshaw should have had the touches he did in the fourth quarter in the last two games. You've got other running backs, give them carries late in the game and give Bradshaw a rest. He's never had the durability to make it all the way through a season, and he's sat out two games already this year. I think he said his foot got stepped on late in the game, unless it was one of his teammates on the sidelines, it never should have happened.

They're going to burn Bradshaw up, maybe that's part of thier plan. Maybe they want to get all the mileage they can out of him, and then let him go at the end of his contract. I don't know what they're thinking pounding him at the end of these games that are already over; but it just seems like a really bad idea to me. He certainly should be playing and contributing; but so should Wilson and Brown. It shouldn't be a one man show. There's ten games left to go, and they need to keep the entire backfield as fresh as they can, not ride one guy until he drops and then see if the other guys can carry the load.

jintsfan666
10-20-2012, 11:47 AM
The bravado is always fine right up to the point where somebody gets injured, and then everyone wants to know why the guy was still on the field in the mop up roll. There's no way in hell Bradshaw should have had the touches he did in the fourth quarter in the last two games. You've got other running backs, give them carries late in the game and give Bradshaw a rest. He's never had the durability to make it all the way through a season, and he's sat out two games already this year. I think he said his foot got stepped on late in the game, unless it was one of his teammates on the sidelines, it never should have happened.
They're going to burn Bradshaw up, maybe that's part of thier plan. Maybe they want to get all the mileage they can out of him, and then let him go at the end of his contract. I don't know what they're thinking pounding him at the end of these games that are already over; but it just seems like a really bad idea to me. He certainly should be playing and contributing; but so should Wilson and Brown. It shouldn't be a one man show. There's ten games left to go, and they need to keep the entire backfield as fresh as they can, not ride one guy until he drops and then see if the other guys can carry the load.

We have a good comment here. It actually deserves a thread of its own.