PDA

View Full Version : What are the other 2 ****** Bags smoking? Still no respect for Eli

I Bleed Blue
10-18-2012, 06:17 PM
This really pissed me off. Where is the common sense in their assessment? Vick is a fumble or int away from losing his job. RG III has a lot to prove before he can even be in this conversation. Eli is the best QB in the game right now. PERIOD! Look at what he has done without his best WR for most of the season so far. Thank goodness there was one opinion that actually made any d@mn sense. Unbelievable.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/best-qb-nfc-east-021018033.html

GameTime
10-18-2012, 06:35 PM
wow....Vick??...really??? RG III???? 6 games in and he's the best in the NFC east.
they say opinoins are like *******s....everybody has one. These guys are more like *******s with opinoins....

Flip Empty
10-18-2012, 06:36 PM
It only makes sense if you agree with it. Everyone has - and is entitled to - their own opinion.

GameTime
10-18-2012, 06:38 PM
It only makes sense if you agree with it. Everyone has - and is entitled to - their own opinion.

yeah....but come on.....
and I am far from an Eli homer......

Mlerman17
10-18-2012, 06:44 PM
This vid has to be biggest joke of all time. Eli is so much better than Vick and rg3 it's not even close. Romo is also way better than Vick..smh

CowboysSuck
10-18-2012, 06:46 PM
"Lets Give it up for the master, Michael Vick!, Hes still the best in my book" ahahahahahahahahahahaha

THIS ENTIRE VIDEO IS A BIG "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMFAROFL ROFL LMAO HAHAHAHAHA"

what a joke of an excuse for sports analysts...

slipknottin
10-18-2012, 06:46 PM

opinions can be wrong.

rainierjef
10-18-2012, 06:49 PM
opinions can be wrong.

The better question is why care?

Can the Mods make a stick thread for all Eli/giants analyst opinon rants.

CowboysSuck
10-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Thats like asking whos the best QB in the AFC East??

and these same yahoo's answering, "oh, its got to be ryan fitzpatrick blah blah blah"....and the other one saying, "no way, its definitely Mark Sanchez blah blah blah"

ahahah yahoo sports credibility -9,000 points.

CowboysSuck
10-18-2012, 06:50 PM

Some people's opinions can also be the laughing stock of intuition and common sense. Essentially making a joke out of themselves...

PETEY006
10-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Wow that was the lamest video ever. I'm never watching any of these Yahoo Sports videos ever again.

the black guy said that RG3 is the michael jordon of football. LMAO

I'm just in shock..

GameTime
10-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Wow that was the lamest video ever. I'm never watching any of these Yahoo Sports videos ever again.

the black guy said that RG3 is the michael jordon of football. LMAO

I'm just in shock..
BTW...the black guy is Eddie George. Very good RB in his day. But to call him the MJ or will be the MJ of the NFL is just nuts....

TheEnigma
10-18-2012, 07:00 PM
I love how Cole was talking to both of them like they were slow in the head. "You guys see this...this is a ring..."

CowboysSuck
10-18-2012, 07:03 PM
I love how Cole was talking to both of them like they were slow in the head. "You guys see this...this is a ring..."

I love nothing about that video.

pj18
10-18-2012, 07:04 PM
I didn't watch the video but I'd be shocked if anyone even had him at 4th best. You guys see what Nick Foles did in preseason?

GameTime
10-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Jason Cole loves Eli.....whats so bad about that part and I believe the host agrees

TheEnigma
10-18-2012, 07:08 PM

Every person is entitled to give their opinion no matter how ridiculous it potentially can be. I actually love this video because of how much of a man crush Eddie George has on RG3 and then watching Silver speak so highly of Vick being the best with a straight face was priceless.

Cool Papa B.
10-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Is Eddie George RGIII's agent or something? I don't think I've ever seen someone kiss up to an athlete-a rookie for that matter- like him. Lay off that kool aid Eddie.

Eliscruzzz
10-18-2012, 07:32 PM
RG3 really??? Vick reallllllly???? come on man that was the worst video ever. Yahoo sports just lost all credibility.To not have Eli 1 and Romo 2 is just blasphemy....

Toadofsteel
10-18-2012, 07:40 PM
I get the idea that each of them were handed talking points to back a certain QB. That's what it seems like to me...

PS: the guy that backed Eli sort of looked and sounded like a younger version of John Madden... I'm hearing the "now this here, is a ring" line in madden's voice now...

TheAnalyst
10-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Robert Griffen is getting the Cam love right now because, well, Cam's second year isn't going so hot. RG3 is the smaller, but better passer of the 2. But he plays QB like Vick, meaning he is taking shots he shouldn't. Let's see him last a few seasons before crowning him.

Captain Chaos
10-18-2012, 08:14 PM
We'll see what happens this week...but you have to admit RGIII brings a different dimension to the game....

JJC7301
10-18-2012, 11:52 PM
All of the people posting on that Yahoo page agreed with us, even the non-Giants fans.

It's a ridiculous question. Vick is the same Vick that he's always been, and so is Romo. "Experts" are still waiting for these 30+ year olds to "play up to their potential." As for RGIII, he looks like the real deal, but so did Cam Newton last year, and Freeman of TB the year before. Give it a few years before you crown him.

Eli's obviously, and clearly, the best QB in the division and possibly the NFL right now. If you can legitimately put Eli up, or above, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Peyton, can they also put RGIII and Vick up there as well? It's just such a stupid question and the non-Eli answers are just as stupid.

GCGiant
10-18-2012, 11:59 PM
Surprised? He doesn't get respect from people on this board who claim to be "die-hard" fans of the Giants.

JimC
10-19-2012, 12:00 AM
wow....Vick??...really??? RG III???? 6 games in and he's the best in the NFC east.
they say opinoins are like *******s....everybody has one. These guys are more like *******s with opinoins....

That's why it's YAHOO sports......where the yahoo's can give their opinions..

miked1958
10-19-2012, 12:09 AM
RG3 really??? Vick reallllllly???? come on man that was the worst video ever. Yahoo sports just lost all credibility.To not have Eli 1 and Romo 2 is just blasphemy....its cool. Eli will come away with his 3rd SB MVP this year. We don't need Yahoo's approval, lol

Marvelousmik
10-19-2012, 12:13 AM
Great, another eli gets no respect thread

tuck&rolle
10-19-2012, 12:18 AM
C'mon guys... They can't all say Eli. That wouldn't make for a good segment. Regardless of what the right answer is, the "analysts" have to make contrasting arguments to make sure that you watch the video. I have a strong feeling that those guys don't actually believe what they are saying.

Don't blame the guys on the screen, blame the producers for making a segment based on a dumb question

Marvelousmik
10-19-2012, 12:23 AM
C'mon guys... They can't all say Eli. That wouldn't make for a good segment. Regardless of what the right answer is, the "analysts" have to make contrasting arguments to make sure that you watch the video.

+1

BMW
10-19-2012, 12:58 AM
Sports analyst is the only job where you get paid for being a dumbass and wrong all the time.

Toadofsteel
10-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Sports analyst is the only job where you get paid for being a dumbass and wrong all the time.

What about politician?

Rat_bastich
10-19-2012, 01:25 AM
What about politician?

And, weathermen. Common link...all of them are prognosticators in some shape or form...except politicians.

BurnerNYG
10-19-2012, 03:01 AM
Man that panel was just discussing the QB's in the division... Vick and Romo are toss ups but they chose to go with the QB who consistently beats Dallas and gives us a lot of problems as well. You guys are definitely overreacting... you can tell by how the last guy chose Eli that it was staged. I seen a lot of silly things said in this thread hahaha. Thank goodness for a few vets around here to clarify things.

Marvelousmik
10-19-2012, 04:04 AM
you can tell by how the last guy chose Eli that it was staged.

exactly. That and the fact thats where the convo ended. No one tried to challange each other

Marvelousmik
10-19-2012, 04:06 AM
you can tell by how the last guy chose Eli that it was staged.

exactly. it also ended there. (oops double post)

BurnerNYG
10-19-2012, 05:04 AM
exactly. That and the fact thats where the convo ended. No one tried to challange each otherThe one poster called Eddie George "the black guy". LMAO. I'm really starting to question if I'm on here with a few 10 yr olds. I stopped playing COD because of all the kids online.

Diamondring
10-19-2012, 05:08 AM
Uusally those analyses make predictions like me. When I say we should use a certain set and give my reasons, I am making predictions based on what I have seen. RG3 is looking good and can be real dangerous. I moves fast and has quick thinking. Vick is a good player but is fallen but some analyses think that he still is good. Romo should have been mentioned not Vick cause Vick doesn't know how to read defenses that well.

Die-Hard
10-19-2012, 05:34 AM
The one poster called Eddie George "the black guy". LMAO. I'm really starting to question if I'm on here with a few 10 yr olds. I stopped playing COD because of all the kids online.

More than just "a few"

These "no respect for Eli" threads are all the proof you need. Its either a bunch of kids, or a bunch of adults with absolutely NOTHING else in their lives but this football team. Either way, the rest of us win, because we have a non-stop flow of comedy gold to read.

Marvelousmik
10-19-2012, 05:35 AM
The one poster called Eddie George "the black guy". LMAO. I'm really starting to question if I'm on here with a few 10 yr olds. I stopped playing COD because of all the kids online.

eddie george used to be my favorite running back. He was the only person i saw trunk ray lewis in his prime. Wish he had gotten a ring. speaking of online games i used to be a beast in madden, but stopped because the game got horrible

Marvelousmik
10-19-2012, 05:37 AM
or a bunch of adults with absolutely NOTHING else in their lives but this football team.

hey man all i got is football lol

Jahh
10-19-2012, 07:42 AM

...and the weatherman

Buddy333
10-19-2012, 07:57 AM
He may turn out to be a great QB, but I seem to remember a rookie QB last year that set all kinds of records and lets just say that he is not having such a good season this year. Every year there will be a new best thing. I personally like how Eli keeps flying under the radar. Not because I'm a fan but I really do think Eli is he MVP of the league right now. I have not seen one person in the media even mention him. Listening to Sirius yesterday a caller said he heard on ESPN that someone mentioned RG3 as a candidate for MVP. Fly under the radar Eli and get another Super Bowl MVP.

Redeyejedi
10-19-2012, 08:04 AM
All the talking heads dont want the Giants to win. If Eli and the Giants wins a 3rd Super Bowl they will be forced to acknowledge the NY Giants as the premier Franchise in the NFL and they dont want to do that

Toadofsteel
10-19-2012, 08:09 AM
All the talking heads dont want the Giants to win. If Eli and the Giants wins a 3rd Super Bowl they will be forced to acknowledge the NY Giants as the premier Franchise in the NFL and they dont want to do that

I still get that impression... the question I have is, why? What's so bad about acknowledging the Giants as good?

bigblue58
10-19-2012, 08:50 AM
This really pissed me off. Where is the common sense in their assessment? Vick is a fumble or int away from losing his job. RG III has a lot to prove before he can even be in this conversation. Eli is the best QB in the game right now. PERIOD! Look at what he has done without his best WR for most of the season so far. Thank goodness there was one opinion that actually made any d@mn sense. Unbelievable.

The last guy picked Eli, and....by the way.... made the only intelligent argument to back up his choice!

bigblue58
10-19-2012, 08:52 AM
RG3 believes his own hype that he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and he's going to continue going balls out and end up on the sidelines when he eventually breaks something.....besides his head!

nhpgiantsfan
10-19-2012, 09:00 AM
This is crazy. I guess I could respect a guy for saying if he was starting a frnachise tomorrow that he would build it around RGIII. I wouldn't because I think he is going to be injured too often. But Michael Vick??? Really???

I am convinced that the talking heads just still don't like Eli because of how he handled the draft, and the fact that he tried to bully San Diego.

GameTime
10-19-2012, 09:18 AM

nope ....weather man too.....

Flip Empty
10-19-2012, 09:29 AM
opinions can be wrong.

It's just noise, I don't know why anyone cares about it.

GameTime
10-19-2012, 09:34 AM
It's just noise, I don't know why anyone cares about it.

I usually dont...
but hearing these guys spout about Vick and RGIII who is in his 6th game.....I couldnt help but comment.

njg85m
10-19-2012, 09:39 AM
I still get that impression... the question I have is, why? What's so bad about acknowledging the Giants as good?

Because we are a boring team.

Flip Empty
10-19-2012, 09:40 AM
I could direct my own statement at myself, I suppose. I didn't have to comment on this thread...

Each to their own?

GameTime
10-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Because we are a boring team.
two incredible and historic roads to 2 SB wins in 5 seasons

not boring at all.....

but I get it....they are not Hard Knocks material....

BurnerNYG
10-19-2012, 12:23 PM
More than just "a few"

These "no respect for Eli" threads are all the proof you need. Its either a bunch of kids, or a bunch of adults with absolutely NOTHING else in their lives but this football team. Either way, the rest of us win, because we have a non-stop flow of comedy gold to read.Lol I agree. Might be time for me to take a break from posting.

BurnerNYG
10-19-2012, 12:30 PM
eddie george used to be my favorite running back. He was the only person i saw trunk ray lewis in his prime. Wish he had gotten a ring. speaking of online games i used to be a beast in madden, but stopped because the game got horribleI'm a gamer(mainly a sports gamer), although I don't got time to play nearly as much as I used to, I love having my consoles on those days when there's nothing going on or the weather's bad out. This year's Madden was actually pretty good.

BeatYale
10-19-2012, 12:33 PM
I agree the Eli fanatics are getting way too sensitive. Are they all on the rag this week?

PETEY006
10-19-2012, 01:18 PM

i didn't know the dude's name and he's black so i'm just going to say "the black guy" (since there's only 1 black guy and i'm correct). There's nothing wrong with that. I'm not trying to start a race war or anything. If eddie george was asian, i would've said "the asian guy" or if its a girl then it'll be "the girl".

Now i know his name is eddie george but i didn't start watching the NFL until i was 16 so i'm not knowledgeable of past players

njg85m
10-19-2012, 01:28 PM
two incredible and historic roads to 2 SB wins in 5 seasons

not boring at all.....

but I get it....they are not Hard Knocks material....

We absolutely are a boring team. At least by the standards of what the majority of sports news reports on these days.

If we're legitimized by those talking heads as being as good as we actually are then they have no choice but to actually spend a good chunk of their days covering us.

There are no convicted felons on our roster, we don't have QB controversy....or any kind of controversy at all for that matter, theres no locker room dissension, our coach isn't a loud mouth, our players all show respect to their BOSSES, no one publicly challenges play calling, our players aren't going out shooting or raping people, and we don't make boneheaded decisions mid season.

So yeah, we're not the ideal team that the media would like to cover.

njg85m
10-19-2012, 01:29 PM
i didn't know the dude's name and he's black so i'm just going to say "the black guy" (since there's only 1 black guy and i'm correct). There's nothing wrong with that. I'm not trying to start a race war or anything. If eddie george was asian, i would've said "the asian guy" or if its a girl then it'll be "the girl".

Now i know his name is eddie george but i didn't start watching the NFL until i was 16 so i'm not knowledgeable of past players

You don't know who Eddie George is? My goodness.

Giants5699
10-19-2012, 01:30 PM
We absolutely are a boring team. At least by the standards of what the majority of sports news reports on these days.

If we're legitimized by those talking heads as being as good as we actually are then they have no choice but to actually spend a good chunk of their days covering us.

There are no convicted felons on our roster, we don't have QB controversy....or any kind of controversy at all for that matter, theres no locker room dissension, our coach isn't a loud mouth, our players all show respect to their BOSSES, no one publicly challenges play calling, our players aren't going out shooting or raping people, and we don't make boneheaded decisions mid season.

This. The Giants are too boring for the media to even bother with. They go to work, come home, go to work, come home just like normal people. They take care of business in a textbook, unsexy manner.

GameTime
10-19-2012, 01:30 PM

yeah I know.....thats why I said " I get it".....

Toadofsteel
10-19-2012, 01:43 PM

Are you sure? Haven't you seen our epic collapses in november?

Oh, you mean personnel decisions. Yeah, I get your point...

Rudyy
10-19-2012, 01:44 PM
I think we all just need to ignore the whole "we get no respect" jibberish. We have won 2 Super Bowls in 5 years, other teams haven't. Let them get attention while we get trophies.

BigBlue1971
10-19-2012, 02:33 PM

i agree two of these guys are certainly smoking some good stuff! RG3 played 6 complete games and hes Michael Jordan of football!

what morons! RG3 and Vick are similar in their play. Vick has never won anything and never will. i predict RG3 will end up the same as Vick as an oft injury prone qb who cant hold the ball cuz most of his bones are broken.

no way any sane person pass Eli up as the best in the nfce and as some say the best in the league!

BurnerNYG
10-19-2012, 07:24 PM

Now i know his name is eddie george but i didn't start watching the NFL until i was 16 so i'm not knowledgeable of past playersNah that's not what I meant. I just found it funny how you didn't know who a player was that retired in the early 2000's. Just makes me wonder who I be debating with on this board.

rebelfan1966
10-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Eddie George admitted to having a man crush on RGIII when he first went to Baylor...... So it is not surprising he picked him. The guy in the middle that picked Vick..... I guess being married to a clinical psychologist all those years makes you crazy, who knows? ....... and the last guy put it all into perfect perspective, only Eli is toting around some hardware.

I will end with this, I like RGIII. He seems like a humble guy with tons of athletic ability. He is not doing a Superman Dance in the endzone, he does not seem like the type to fight dogs, he just comes across as a guy who wants to win every game. I actually liked him better than Luck in this years draft. In addition to his athletic ability, the guy is smart and articulate. I envision him studying a lot of game film and prepping hard for every game.

OK, I will really end with this..... Poor Romo ...lol