PDA

View Full Version : Do the Redskins have any shot whatsoever

BParcells777
10-18-2012, 07:17 PM
What would have to happen for them to beat the Giants? On the surface it looks like mission impossible for them

They are simply outgunned at every position on the field

GmenFan1980
10-18-2012, 07:23 PM
they have a shot.

Their D has to get turnovers and make stops. And obviously their O needs to not turn the ball over and make every possession count.

If they do that, they can win.

I hope these things don't happen and we crushed them, but hey anything can happen

BParcells777
10-18-2012, 07:51 PM
yes but do they have any unit, player, etc that has superior ability to our people? like they have a better xxxxx than us

PETEY006
10-18-2012, 08:00 PM
they def have a chance. They did beat us twice last season. TWICE. Of course i think we'll get them back this time.

If we don't contain RG3, it'll be a long game for the Giants

BParcells777
10-18-2012, 08:03 PM
So if we do not fully contain Bob Griffin, and Eli and Ahmad run wild we will definitely have a long day

Their D is a pretty sad unit

Giantz4Life
10-18-2012, 08:10 PM
If they swept us last year with Rex Grossman then anything is possible.

JB456
10-18-2012, 08:15 PM
they def have a chance. They did beat us twice last season. TWICE. Of course i think we'll get them back this time.

If we don't contain RG3, it'll be a long game for the Giants

Last year is irrelevant. You have to look at THIS years matchups.

1) The Redskins lost their two best defensive players and they aren't presuring the QB.
2) Their passing offense is ranked worse than 25th in the league. Eli has both Cruz, Nicks (shook off the cobwebs last week), Bennett, & Hixon. Who the hell is going to stop all of these guys.
3) Our offensive line has already gelled and our running game is really kicking arse.
4) Our defensive line is coming together, getting more pressure on the QB while our secondary (Prince in particular) is coming into his own. We will have at least one interception and probably two.
5) Our kickoff return is one of the best in the league (Wilson is a beast) and he will set up great field position.

Now that I laid it out, I'm putting my money where my mouth is. Giants are only favored by 6 LMAO! This game is a bettors wet dream.

BParcells777
10-18-2012, 08:19 PM
well that's true but the 2011 Skins beat the 2011 Giants

I dont know if the skins upgraded........but we have added SIGNIFIGANT new talent at a lot of positions

I guess we'll see Sunday and I almost guarantee you no Skins fans will come back here like a lot of SFO fans did to eat their crow......it will hurt just too much for a so so team's fans.......they will feel crushed

GMan-67
10-18-2012, 08:27 PM
ummm well the NFL would have to happen for them to win

you do watch games other than ours right?

Green Bay 3-3, NE 3-3 ... SF loses to the Viks

this league is all about parity

and turnovers, we turn the ball over and they dont ... look out

plus would it be impossible for RG3 to rip off a 50 yard TD run, throw another 50 yard TD pass ... drive one down for a TD, another for a FG ... ST TD ... that's a lot of points with nothing outrageous occuring

if the favs always won, we could all make a killing in Vegas

Eliscruzzz
10-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Last year is irrelevant. You have to look at THIS years matchups.

1) The Redskins lost their two best defensive players and they aren't presuring the QB.
2) Their passing offense is ranked worse than 25th in the league. Eli has both Cruz, Nicks (shook off the cobwebs last week), Bennett, & Hixon. Who the hell is going to stop all of these guys.
3) Our offensive line has already gelled and our running game is really kicking arse.
4) Our defensive line is coming together, getting more pressure on the QB while our secondary (Prince in particular) is coming into his own. We will have at least one interception and probably two.
5) Our kickoff return is one of the best in the league (Wilson is a beast) and he will set up great field position.

Now that I laid it out, I'm putting my money where my mouth is. Giants are only favored by 6 LMAO! This game is a bettors wet dream.this^^^^^

ashleymarie
10-19-2012, 02:09 AM
What would have to happen for them to beat the Giants? On the surface it looks like mission impossible for them

They are simply outgunned at every position on the field

Yes, of course they have a chance, maybe even a bigger one than we care to admit. I won't be so unassuming this time. I was certain we would beat Vick. Look how that turned out. And RGIII is better on the run than Vick. Yes they have a chance. We have to be better or we will be handed our ***.

OX1
10-19-2012, 04:28 AM
well that's true but the 2011 Skins beat the 2011 Giants

I dont know if the skins upgraded........but we have added SIGNIFIGANT new talent at a lot of positions

I guess we'll see Sunday and I almost guarantee you no Skins fans will come back here like a lot of SFO fans did to eat their crow......it will hurt just too much for a so so team's fans.......they will feel crushed

Yeah, the games we lost last year had a lot of flukey stuff happen in the skins favor.
It was also before this team gelled at the end of the year.
We have more talent this year in every position except
maybe D-line (unless you count Kiwa, which is an upgrade over Osi).

We can only "beat ourselves", the skins can not win..............

BillTheGreek
10-19-2012, 09:39 AM
they have a shot.

Their D has to get turnovers and make stops. And obviously their O needs to not turn the ball over and make every possession count.

If they do that, they can win.

I hope these things don't happen and we crushed them, but hey anything can happen

Yea ! They have a shot, if they take the First US Army with them !
Go Giants !

JB456
10-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Yes, of course they have a chance, maybe even a bigger one than we care to admit. I won't be so unassuming this time. I was certain we would beat Vick. Look how that turned out. And RGIII is better on the run than Vick. Yes they have a chance. We have to be better or we will be handed our ***.

Vick didn't beat us, the Eagles defense did and they have a pretty decent one. What Vick did was manage to have his best game against us which wasn't even that good.

Also, we didn't have our top receiver available for the game and our offensive line hadn't gelled at that point in time. Now our running game is humming, there is a very small chance the Giants lose this one.

njg85m
10-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Of course they have a shot.

/thread

Parademon
10-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah, the games we lost last year had a lot of flukey stuff happen in the skins favor.
It was also before this team gelled at the end of the year.
We have more talent this year in every position except
maybe D-line (unless you count Kiwa, which is an upgrade over Osi).

We can only "beat ourselves", the skins can not win..............

Be careful, you're starting to sound like a GB/9ers fan with the " we beat ouselves" card. If the.Skins beat us, then they were just the better team that day.

Flip Empty
10-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Their D is a pretty sad unit
So was the Giants' until last week. Anything can happen.

Tj.Tomahawk
10-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Not only do we have a chance, we will WIN the game!!! 41-27 HTTR! :cool:

GMENAGAIN
10-19-2012, 01:05 PM
I am convinced that threads like this will insure that we lose the game.

BParcells777
10-19-2012, 01:33 PM
I think the likelihood of a loss to the Skins is under 15% probability.

Sure they could win but I would need 10-1 odds to put any money on the Skins.........we are simply too much for them to handle

njg85m
10-19-2012, 02:37 PM
I think the likelihood of a loss to the Skins is under 15% probability.

Sure they could win but I would need 10-1 odds to put any money on the Skins.........we are simply too much for them to handle

Are you completely insane?
You'd barely get 10-1 odds on the 85 bears vs the 08 lions.

The Skins are a good team that is on the up and up and they have an explosive young QB. We are a much better team that has a franchise QB and we should win this game, but to act like we out class them so badly that theres no chance at all we could lose to them is just plain ignorance.

BTW we're 2.5/1 favorites.

JB456
10-19-2012, 02:40 PM
I am convinced that threads like this will insure that we lose the game.

Nope. The Giants got this one dude. If you have a chance to bet on this game, do it. The Giants only have to win by a TD and they will.

Please note that I am an average to a pessimistic fan. That guy T.J. Tamahawk hasn't responded to multiple posters question if he will come back here after the Skins lose. He won't, that dude is a clown who probably thinks the Redskins are contenders this year. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!

BParcells777
10-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Are you completely insane?
You'd barely get 10-1 odds on the 85 bears vs the 08 lions.

The Skins are a good team that is on the up and up and they have an explosive young QB. We are a much better team that has a franchise QB and we should win this game, but to act like we out class them so badly that theres no chance at all we could lose to them is just plain ignorance.

BTW we're 2.5/1 favorites. Vegas has them at 70-1 to win the SB, us at 8-1........that puts the Skins in the bottom 3rd of the league and us amongst the top 3 teams........if you were visiting from Mars, who would you put your Martian Dollars on? 2.5 to 1 is huge.....I'm saying I personally knowing how the Giants are playing would need 10-1 to place a bet.......nothing to do with Vegas

Riverdance
10-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Nope. The Giants got this one dude. If you have a chance to bet on this game, do it. The Giants only have to win by a TD and they will.

Please note that I am an average to a pessimistic fan. That guy T.J. Tamahawk hasn't responded to multiple posters question if he will come back here after the Skins lose. He won't, that dude is a clown who probably thinks the Redskins are contenders this year. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!

We are contenders though and quite honestly, you havent beaten anyone except the one year wonders, the 49ers (Who by the way lost to the Vikings, a team we just beat)

Surely, you have to be smart enough to realize that we're legit this year.

brb RG3
brb Alfred Morris
brb best coach in the league
brb best fans/home field advantage in the league
brb every other team in our division sucks
brb Adam Carriker

brb brb

Eliscruzzz
10-19-2012, 02:55 PM
We are contenders though and quite honestly, you havent beaten anyone except the one year wonders, the 49ers (Who by the way lost to the Vikings, a team we just beat)

brb RG3
brb Alfred Morris
brb Adam Carriker

brb brb lmao did you like your coach last year or the year before???? Alred Morris is not the next coming of Barry Sanders and RGPEE HAS PLAYED 6 GAMES!!!!! LOL. Best home field advantage??? It looks like a cow pasture out their with a bunch of coke and meth heads out there. The Giants do not suck. A team that has dominated your team lately doesn't suck.

BParcells777
10-19-2012, 03:02 PM
We know you are pining all your hopes on RG3.......a guy much like Cam Newton who we embarrassed on National TV.......thankfully for you guys there is no national audience for this game.

JB456
10-19-2012, 03:03 PM

brb RG3
brb Alfred Morris
brb Adam Carriker

brb brb

Listen, I realize that the Skins have something to look forward to after years of suckage but lets look at this objectively.

1) Even though RG3 is very good, he is a rookie and he will make mistakes. You can bank on that.
2) Mike Shanahan is good but Coughlin has won two Superbowls in 5 years. Coughlin is better.
3) Lol, I can give you home field advantage. Giants fans are very quiet.
4) Skins are not the best team in the division and will either finish in 3rd or last. You don't have a defense for goodness sake! You won't win a Superbowl or probably even get to the playoffs with that trash.
5) Giants have a lot more weapons on offense and it isn't really close.
6) Wilson is a monster in the return game and will set the Giants up with good field position all year.

Now, will you show your face in here after the Giants win?

BParcells777
10-19-2012, 03:08 PM
He already said he would be back

njg85m
10-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Vegas has them at 70-1 to win the SB, us at 8-1........that puts the Skins in the bottom 3rd of the league and us amongst the top 3 teams........if you were visiting from Mars, who would you put your Martian Dollars on? 2.5 to 1 is huge.....I'm saying I personally knowing how the Giants are playing would need 10-1 to place a bet.......nothing to do with Vegas

Super bowl odds have just as much to do with a teams strength as they do the division they play in. Obv with the defending champs and the darling Eagles and Cowboys in their division the skins odds are going to be low, and rightfully so.

I agree with you for the most part, we should be able to win this game. I'm just trying to tell you that it's not likely to be the cake walk that you think it is. I hope it's a blowout which could happen, but we can't fall asleep on the skins and expect an easy win.

JB456
10-19-2012, 03:31 PM
He already said he would be back

I have no idea why you are speaking for the Deadskins fan but you seem to be endorsing or sticking up for someone who just said:

1) Shanahan is the best coach in the league.
2) The Deadskins are contenders THIS year.

Any objective person would come to the conclusion that he is a troll, slow minded, or completely delusional

EDIT: I just saw you call Riverdance a 10 year old in another thread and now it seems that you were just telling me that he said he would come back. It seems that I misinterpreted your info for backing this dimwit.

njg85m
10-19-2012, 03:40 PM
edited myself:

your edit caught it

BParcells777
10-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Super bowl odds have just as much to do with a teams strength as they do the division they play in. Obv with the defending champs and the darling Eagles and Cowboys in their division the skins odds are going to be low, and rightfully so.

I agree with you for the most part, we should be able to win this game. I'm just trying to tell you that it's not likely to be the cake walk that you think it is. I hope it's a blowout which could happen, but we can't fall asleep on the skins and expect an easy win.

I do not think it will be a cakewalk
I see a Giants 10 point victory.........if you call that a cakewalk, then ok

Moke
10-19-2012, 04:50 PM
They have as little of a chance as Hillary Clinton ever winning the presidential election.

OX1
10-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Be careful, you're starting to sound like a GB/9ers fan with the " we beat ouselves" card. If the.Skins beat us, then they were just the better team that day.

It is a running joke, based on all the teams we didn't "beat" over the past year.

BillTheGreek
10-19-2012, 05:24 PM

Surely, you have to be smart enough to realize that we're legit this year.brb brb

Skins

RG3 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< (Rookie)
Alfred Morris<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< (To Slow )
best coach in the league<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Wrong < (To Old )
best fans/home field advantage in the league<<<<<<<<<Wrong (To Loud )
every other team in our division sucks<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<True ( Except the Giants )
Adam Carriker<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< (To Heavy / can't move )

BRB on Monday !

Moke
10-19-2012, 05:24 PM
What's with the BRB? Going to watch the amazing top 10 QBs of Skins nation?

TroyArcher
10-19-2012, 06:14 PM
They have a very good shot at being 3-4 and once again irrelevant. The Giants would have to play their absolute worst and the Skins their absolute best to even make it a close game.

East Coast Bias
10-19-2012, 08:30 PM
They have a shot. If RG3PO removes his helmet and shows that ugly
mug of his he'll scare every one out of the stadium and they'll win by forfeit.That's about they're ONLY shot

Eliscruzzz
10-19-2012, 08:41 PM
They have a shot. If RG3PO removes his helmet and shows that ugly
mug of his he'll scare every one out of the stadium and they'll win by forfeit.That's about they're ONLY shotLMAO that is a face only a mother can love.

GMENAGAIN
10-19-2012, 08:44 PM
They have a very good shot at being 3-4 and once again irrelevant. The Giants would have to play their absolute worst and the Skins their absolute best to even make it a close game.

Not true at all. You dummies can't really believe this stuff, can you?

Ghost21
10-19-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm sitting here laughing at all this overconfidence. Keep it coming.

JB456
10-19-2012, 08:55 PM

1) There is a VERY good chance that the Skins finish in 3rd or 4th place in the division.

2) I believe the other part of his statement was smack talk. Obviously, the Giants can lose this game without playing their worst game.

Geeze, you seem pretty grumpy for a Friday evening. Have a scotch and a cigar. Giants are winning this game.

GMENAGAIN
10-19-2012, 09:03 PM
1) There is a VERY good chance that the Skins finish in 3rd or 4th place in the division.

2) I believe the other part of his statement was smack talk. Obviously, the Giants can lose this game without playing their worst game.

Geeze, you seem pretty grumpy for a Friday evening. Have a scotch and a cigar. Giants are winning this game.

How did we do against them last year when they finished 4th in the division?

I just think that it's funny that after one nice win after shaky games against Tampa and Cleveland, all of the sudden we're invincible . . . . if we lose on Sunday, these same guys will be calling for TC to be fired and posting that we have no chance against the Cowboys. I understand that it is the circle of life for the mouthbreathers around here, but it gets irritating after a while.

I think that I'll take you up on the Scotch. Cheers . . . .

BParcells777
10-19-2012, 09:46 PM

Believe it......this is not the 2011 Giants. They have smouldered through the first few games as they worked in a lot of new talent
They are now catching fire.......this game Giants 10 Plus......could be much worse for the hapless Skins

Tj.Tomahawk
10-19-2012, 10:46 PM
1) There is a VERY good chance that the Skins finish in 3rd or 4th place in the division.2) I believe the other part of his statement was smack talk. Obviously, the Giants can lose this game without playing their worst game.Geeze, you seem pretty grumpy for a Friday evening. Have a scotch and a cigar. Giants are winning this game.Real talk. Redskins getting first in the division. Too much talent, swept the giants last year with our broom. Surprised you guys won Super Bowl to be honest. Redskins ground and pound too much for giants this week.

BParcells777
10-19-2012, 11:10 PM
bring it on Tomahawk..........line forms to the right Sunday night right here for your Crow......the poor 49rs fans had to eat barrels of it

you do realize you are playing the World Champions don't you?

ashleymarie
10-20-2012, 12:00 AM
They have as little of a chance as Hillary Clinton ever winning the presidential election.

Haha....This is funny. ;)

OX1
10-20-2012, 07:33 AM
I'm sitting here laughing at all this overconfidence. Keep it coming.

You give up 29 point s every week over 6 games??
26th in the league. We are 7th with with only 19 points

O are identical in points @ 29 each.

We each beat one decent team.

Facts don't look good for you............

tonyt830
10-20-2012, 11:33 AM

They are simply outgunned at every position on the fieldof course they have a shot. This is the NFL, even the "bad" teams have a shot on any given week.

This is a divisional match-up. And no matter how good or bad our respective opponents are, the games tend to be close.

BillTheGreek
10-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Not only do we have a chance, we will WIN the game!!! 41-27 HTTR! :cool:

Tj..............After we skin those HOGS we are going to Bar-B Q them, for the Stellers ...then they can finish them off !

tonyt830
10-20-2012, 11:41 AM

brb RG3
brb Alfred Morris
brb Adam Carriker

brb brbSo by your line of thinking, since the Vikings beat the 49ers and the Skins beat the Vikings, the Skins would beat the 49ers then? It does not work that way in the NFL. This is not alegbra where if A>B and B>C, then A has to be greater than C.

And dont worry about who the Giants played, they have no control of who is on their schedule. You play who is on your schedule man.

And though Griffin has looked good and morris seems legit in the NFL, its going to be a typical NFC East battle.

By the way Vince Young and Cam Newton looked very good in their rookie campaigns, but then opposing d-coordinators figured them out.

BillTheGreek
10-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Real talk. Redskins getting first in the division. Too much talent, swept the giants last year with our broom. Surprised you guys won Super Bowl to be honest. Redskins ground and pound too much for giants this week.

Tj..........wants in that peace pipe you are Smoking ? It sounds Like it may be Last years Sock !

TroyArcher
10-20-2012, 01:06 PM

Why would I not believe it. You think the Giants are going to lose? Why don't you find another team to root for. The Giants don't need loser fans like you.

East Coast Bias
10-20-2012, 02:23 PM

No but this IS smack talk central isn't it.Any true fan knows any given Sunday.
But the G-men are truly the better team and should win.Chill out dude .IT'S ALL IN FUN

BROADWAYSTORM
10-20-2012, 02:29 PM
THE ONLY SHOT THEY ARE GONNA HAVE IS ONE OF MORPHINE AFTER THEIR !@$ GETS ABSOLUTELY ANNIHILATED TOMORROW. I WANT TO KILL THIS TEAM BADLY AND MAIL SNYDER THE CORPSE.

GMENAGAIN
10-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Why would I not believe it. You think the Giants are going to lose? Why don't you find another team to root for. The Giants don't need loser fans like you.

"Loser" fans like me who last year said let's wait for the season to end before we evaluate Coughlin, while "winner" fans like you were calling for him to be fired mid-season????

Your body of work on this MB speaks for itself.