PDA

View Full Version : Deion Sanders: "I believe in Eli"

Breezely
10-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Just watching NFL network and Deion seems to never go against Eli. He always picks ELI and says,"I believe in Eli!". I know they are fairies together and I also seen an interview in which Primetime interviewed Eli and they seem pretty close. But, There was a time where Eli was not regarded as he is now. Especially on these boards. It was people who was dogging him on these boards. So my point is, I always would wonder when Primetime first starting saying he believe in Eli, was he saying he know a winner when he sees one or did it started out as some type of Dallas faithful sarcasm??????? I always wondered and would like to know others opinion.

slipknottin
10-18-2012, 07:30 PM
some people claim he was originally being sarcastic. theres no proof either way.

joemorrisforprez
10-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Just watching NFL network and Deion seems to never go against Eli. He always picks ELI and says,"I believe in Eli!". I know they are fairies together and I also seen an interview in which Primetime interviewed Eli and they seem pretty close. But, There was a time where Eli was not regarded as he is now. Especially on these boards. It was people who was dogging him on these boards. So my point is, I always would wonder when Primetime first starting saying he believe in Eli, was he saying he know a winner when he sees one or did it started out as some type of Dallas faithful sarcasm??????? I always wondered and would like to know others opinion.

I remember.....it started in the 2007 run, after Eli played great v. the Patriots in the regular season finale.

I don't know if Sanders even fully believed it himself, but he stayed on it and hasn't gotten off the wagon, so I respect him for that.

GameTime
10-18-2012, 07:37 PM
some people claim he was originally being sarcastic. theres no proof either way.

I agree and it eventually fell into place for Deion.....

Breezely
10-18-2012, 07:44 PM
I guess it really doesn't matter. I just always wonder and thought someone might have intel into the initial statement. Deion has seen enough of quarterbacks , good and bad, to be able to have good judgement when it comes to saying who is a winner and who is not. This guy use to take away a whole side of a football field. Yeah he was gifted but he also was very intelligent.

FrankAE
10-18-2012, 07:51 PM
I dont believe Deion is faithful to Dallas to be sarcastic about Eli. If it was Irvin it would be a hell yea it's sarcasism. But Deion often speaks on why Eli is one of the best and never count out the Giants for if only one reason, ELI.

Some people say that this team is the next man up mainly because our recievers seem to produce, common denomenator is Eli. We draft d-linemen at premium spots so it's not next up it was thought out, same with the rise in secondary play now. Highly drafted players our playing their role.

GameTime
10-18-2012, 07:55 PM
I dont believe Deion is faithful to Dallas to be sarcastic about Eli. If it was Irvin it would be a hell yea it's sarcasism. But Deion often speaks on why Eli is one of the best and never count out the Giants for if only one reason, ELI.

Some people say that this team is the next man up mainly because our recievers seem to produce, common denomenator is Eli. We draft d-linemen at premium spots so it's not next up it was thought out, same with the rise in secondary play now. Highly drafted players our playing their role.
Irvin speaks very highly of Eli......

ogun75672
10-18-2012, 07:55 PM
I believe in the beginning, he was being a sarcastic ****** bag but it seems like he actually does bELIeve now...LOL!

Toadofsteel
10-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Deion absolutely respects Eli, and Irvin too for that matter... It's kind of sad that the Cowboys former players respect Eli more than former Giants (save Strahan) do...

BigBlueAllDay
10-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Ehhh.... There was this one time where Deion Sanders said "I believe in Eli" on live national TV....and then preceded to pick the Panthers to win in the Week 3 Thursday Night game. lol

nycisgreat
10-18-2012, 08:52 PM

You are right. When began saying it, he was doing it as a spoof. But the spoof became reality after the first Superbowl.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
10-18-2012, 09:01 PM
He was originally being sarcastic. Now he says it but in most cases he's just hedging his bet...like when he said "I believe in Eli but not without Nicks" b4 the Carolina game.

Captain Chaos
10-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Can't think of any good reason why he would be sarcastic with respect to Eli...

FrankAE
10-18-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I don't mean Irvin is dissrespectful towards Eli, I meant he has loyalty to the cowboys and Deion doesn't seem to.

BlueReign
10-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Call me crazy, but it's okay for Toomer to have an opinion. As far as I know, it could be to just motivate Eli. I mean, he does know him better than any of us.

yoeddy
10-18-2012, 09:52 PM
I believe in the beginning, he was being a sarcastic ****** bag but it seems like he actually does bELIeve now...LOL!

This is what I believe too...

Rudyy
10-18-2012, 09:55 PM
I remember last year he came out and said "People think I'm joking when I say I believe in Eli, but I'm serioous". I think he really likes Eli, he almost always gives him respect, whether he picks us to win or not.

ashleymarie
10-18-2012, 10:02 PM
I thought in the beginning Deion was being "jokingly" sarcastic. So I was skeptical. Even now at times that skepticism comes through. I'm not sure.

ogun75672
10-18-2012, 10:12 PM
I remember last year he came out and said "People think I'm joking when I say I believe in Eli, but I'm serioous". I think he really likes Eli, he almost always gives him respect, whether he picks us to win or not.

Oh, he means it now. You should have seen him gushing following the Niners game. He mentioned how him, Peyton and Eli are now good friends.

Breezely
10-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Like I said before, this guy knows quarterbacks and genuinely likes Eli game But initially, it might of been jokingly. Then Eli played up to another level and Deion might have said to himself "I was the first to co-sign publicly about this guy and I'm going to ride with him until he slips" but Eli never did. He ended up proving Deion right!

Breezely
10-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Maybe Eli gave credibility to his career? I don't know. Just speculating.

Marvelousmik
10-18-2012, 10:24 PM
i think ever since eli won the bowl in 07, deion has always believed in him.

EliDaMANning
10-18-2012, 10:57 PM
If we win this year I guarantee he'll be ranked #1 in the top 100. Nfl players across the league understand how great he is

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-18-2012, 10:59 PM
I agree with the others that at first he was saying it as a joke, but Eli won him over and he does believe now. Plus, Deion spoke very highly of working with Eli on the direct TV spots this summer and now I think he views him in a new light personally as well. He said he didn't realize how funny Eli was until shooting those commercials.

JJC7301
10-19-2012, 12:24 AM
I sincerely don't believe that Sanders has been mocking a 2x SB MVP. I think that he's been sincere all along.

BillTheGreek
10-19-2012, 09:58 AM

Deion Sanders: >>>>Very Smart Man !

Ruttiger711
10-19-2012, 10:39 AM
I sincerely don't believe that Sanders has been mocking a 2x SB MVP. I think that he's been sincere all along.

Not mocking him now... but hes been saying this well before 2007 IIRC. I think it started with a hint of sarcasm when he began but never disrespectful about it.

Really funny was after one of the early games in 2010... when Eli had a multi-pick game, Deoin's comment during the replays was "I BELIEVE ...in Eli?"

njg85m
10-19-2012, 10:42 AM
When the best CB to ever play the game routinely praises your QB -- you know it means something.

EliDaMANning
10-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Here is your answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQXOhvvvT68

Giants5699
10-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Deion absolutely respects Eli, and Irvin too for that matter... It's kind of sad that the Cowboys former players respect Eli more than former Giants (save Strahan) do...

There is a lot that comes with that though. Fassel to Coughlin would be a rough adjustment for any player. Keep in mind that this is a new business and they just got a new boss with a completely different personality than the old one who changes the flag and puts in this new guy who struggles a little bit. I think the players were more mad at Coughlin than Eli simply because they were not accustomed to the way he ran his ship and never got used to it.

GMan-67
10-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Deion can stop singing .... once a hater, always a hater in my book

and if it takes somebody 2 Super Bowl MVPs to get it, what kinda analyst is that

Diamondring
10-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Deion can stop singing .... one a hater, always a hater in my book

and if it takes somebody 2 Super Bowl MVPs to get it, what kinda analyst is thatHe sang he believe in Eli before he won his second Superbowl and MVP.

CDN_G-FAN
10-19-2012, 11:12 AM

add Aikman to that list. he was defending eli's play more than alot of giants were a few years ago.

TrueBlue@NYC
10-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Deion has always been a big Eli believer. Even before our 2007 run. The whole song came from him always saying he belived in Eli whenever they had a debate about whether Eli was really a franchise passer. And he would say over and over that he believed in Eli.

Deions' been more consistent with his belief in Eli than some posters on this board.

BParcells777
10-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Dion is a professional moron.......he believes in Dion

Toadofsteel
10-19-2012, 02:06 PM
add Aikman to that list. he was defending eli's play more than alot of giants were a few years ago.

That too. I think Aikman sees more of himself in Eli than he does in Romo...

BParcells777
10-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Waht does Joe Buck think of Eli LOL

BigBlue1971
10-19-2012, 03:44 PM
when Eli finally positioned himself as semi-elite and now elite Deion changed his tone to make the comment sound positive!

several years ago when Deion started his "i believe in Eli" comments i thought he was making fun cuz at that time Eli wasnt always on target and didnt necessarily seem like a franchise qb! i'll always believe he was bashing Eli with that statement initially!

BlueBlooded1979
10-19-2012, 05:56 PM
The "I believe in Eli" started last season when Eli starting pull off those crazy comebacks. Deion was dogging him for the 25 picks in 2010.

Harooni
10-19-2012, 08:57 PM
oh you poor misguided fans,maybe Deon should have put it in red font